Page 1019 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 19919969100910151016101710181019102010211022102310291069 ... LastLast
Results 25,451 to 25,475 of 26789

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Speaking of a final Naruto and Sasuke fight over the Hokage title, where would it occur? I hope it doesn't happen at the Final Valley again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Speaking of a final Naruto and Sasuke fight over the Hokage title, where would it occur? I hope it doesn't happen at the Final Valley again.
    Maybe that battle would create a new valley. "The First Valley" or "The Valley of the Beginning".

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Sounds like translation issues indeed. Well I'm holding the actual volume 45 where it states Sasukes actions as genocide. As far as how Sasuke could be a villain before doing anything, Sasuke tells Obito the truth behind his actions. He plans to kill everyone in Konoha. Everyone! Whether they were involved with the Uchiha incident or not. He didn't get around to killing anyone, but the entire point is he was planning too. Sasuke was going to kill innocent people over the Uchiha incident. That is the actions of a cold blooded killer. He was attempting mass genocide on Konoha. That sounds way more like a villain then a anti-hero. In my opinion Sasuke went from a regular good guy, when he joined Orochimaru he became a anti-hero, when he announced his plans to kill Konoha he was a full blown villain, and then he became a anti-hero again when he teamed with Itachi and started questioning his motives and needed the dead Hokage for answers of the truth. That's how I see Sasuke.
    The Japanese volume? Cause that's the only one that would hold actual weight.

And again I ask, why do you believe that Sasuke was telling Obito the truth, given his actions and more importantly, the relationship between them? They were not close, they were barely comrades. Sasuke literally betrayed Obito every chance he got. He attempted to kill and tried to leave Akatsuki. Heck, he showed his intentions once he finally got EMS and once again left. Events support him speaking the truth to Taka more then speaking it to Obito. In addition, why would Sasuke have to lie to Team Taka? Think about it. Suigetsu? He was all for killing and only toned down because Sasuke made him, and even then he was still killing people behind Sasuke's back. Juugo? Another person who had no problem with killing, and who was absolute loyal to Sasuke. Karin? Miss bipolar who was just as questionably moral as Suigetsu. She had no problem hunting and locking people up for Orochimaru. So exactly who was he lying for? The former two were mass-murderers and the latter showed no issues with working for a mass-murderer. Heck, Suigetsu brought up the idea of destroying Konoha when they went to talk to the Edo Hokages.

Anyway, if that's the way you want to see it, alright. I just don't see any reason to believe Sasuke wasn't just playing Obito, given all that he did.

I still doubt there will be a fight, especially given how they are now, working together and the current theme of combining skills.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    The Japanese volume? Cause that's the only one that would hold actual weight.

And again I ask, why do you believe that Sasuke was telling Obito the truth, given his actions and more importantly, the relationship between them? They were not close, they were barely comrades. Sasuke literally betrayed Obito every chance he got. He attempted to kill and tried to leave Akatsuki. Heck, he showed his intentions once he finally got EMS and once again left. Events support him speaking the truth to Taka more then speaking it to Obito. In addition, why would Sasuke have to lie to Team Taka? Think about it. Suigetsu? He was all for killing and only toned down because Sasuke made him, and even then he was still killing people behind Sasuke's back. Juugo? Another person who had no problem with killing, and who was absolute loyal to Sasuke. Karin? Miss bipolar who was just as questionably moral as Suigetsu. She had no problem hunting and locking people up for Orochimaru. So exactly who was he lying for? The former two were mass-murderers and the latter showed no issues with working for a mass-murderer. Heck, Suigetsu brought up the idea of destroying Konoha when they went to talk to the Edo Hokages.

Anyway, if that's the way you want to see it, alright. I just don't see any reason to believe Sasuke wasn't just playing Obito, given all that he did.

I still doubt there will be a fight, especially given how they are now, working together and the current theme of combining skills.
    No offense, but now it just sounds like your in denial. Why do I think Sasuke was telling Obito the truth? Well he tells Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto the exact same thing that he's going to kill everyone in Konoha including them. And your question of Sasuke lying to Obito. Well if he was lying to Obito why would Kishi even bother to show that? If Sasuke was lying then wouldn't it make more sense to first show him lying to Obito and then going behind his back and telling Taka the truth? The opposite happened. As to why Sasuke lied to them. Sasuke already explained that himself in the chapter. He wants to slaughter Konoha by himself. When it comes to revenge Sasuke has always worked alone. Taka is just there to make sure nobody gets in the way of his revenge, but he's always taking revenge on his own and takes great pleasure in it. See killing Danzo.

Again, no offense, but I'm starting to wonder how much of this manga you've actually read. Please don't take that the wrong way though.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 3rd August 2014 at 11:09 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I don't think there needs to be another time skip. However the Naruto and Sasuke fight...I guess needs to still happen? To be perfectly honest, after back to back Obito, Madara, and Kaguya fights, I'm battled out from big showdowns in Naruto. Between those three Super Freaks, you've done everything possible in a Naruto fight. I don't even think a Naruto vs Sasuke battle would even compare. I suppose it could happen. I mean it ended Part 1, but personally I found some of the Sound Four battles to be way better Part 1 finales then Naruto vs Sasuke in the Vally of ends. Mangawise anyway. This is the only time you'll see me praise the anime for doing something way better then the manga. Mangawise Naruto vs Sasuke was really one sided and lacking.
    Watching them fight used to be rather interesting to me, but after a little while it died a bit. I still want to see a great fight, but I don't really care all that much anymore. Too predictable for me to be that interested *yawn*

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    And yet there's still the matter of Sasuke wanting to be Hokage too and how that conflicts with Naruto's dream. How else will that get resolved without a fight?

And yet there's still the matter of Sasuke wanting to be Hokage too and how that conflicts with Naruto's dream. How else will that get resolved without a fight?
    Maybe there will be two Hokage. That would be silly to me though. Or maybe Sasuke will hold some other leadership position, similar to how Danzo was the "Root" to Hiruzen's leaves. Somehow teamwork will be the solution.

I used to really want a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight, but it's true that it no longer seems like it would add much after back-to-back-to-back final boss battles...

Honestly Sasuke in any position of power in Konoha is just wrong, let alone Hokage. Sasuke's a selfish jerk who only cares about himself and his dead clan. Nobody in their right mind should want Sasuke as Hokage. The same guy who planned to kill everyone in the village. If Sasuke becomes Hokage over Naruto, I would say I'd quit the series but it's probably ending anyway. Just expect a massive essay long rant from me :P

IDK why Kishi even introduced Hokage!Sasuke to the plot if he was just gonna hype Naruto some more. Just makes the whole thing look sillier.

Honestly Sasuke in any position of power in Konoha is just wrong, let alone Hokage. Sasuke's a selfish jerk who only cares about himself and his dead clan. Nobody in their right mind should want Sasuke as Hokage. The same guy who planned to kill everyone in the village.
    Well technically before hidden villages existed, everyone was similar to Sasuke. As in everyone only cared about their own clan and fought the others. But once they saw the efficiency and peace of joining forces, they did so and followed Hashirama's example and allowed themselves to be ruled by one powerful leader. Maybe Sasuke will do the same, follow Hashirama's example and care about the village.

Sasuke has "changed" and now he's fighting for the world including Konoha. His personality obviously hasn't changed, but his goals have. That being said, it's hard to trust him so I'm curious how Kishimoto will try to resolve the story if he wants to completely redeem Sasuke in the audience's eyes before the end. I'd like to think there will be some sort of paradigm shift in the way ninja villages work because of Naruto and Sasuke, similar to how the same happened to the Warring States period because of Hashirama and Madara.

I really enjoyed this chapter. Lots happened in the second half, and...well I always wanted Kakashi to have both Sharingan; I'm just wondering about what Obito said. They're going to run out at some point, right? After Obito "goes back" to Rin?

WOW at those Rasenshuriken's.
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Well Kishi found his way to make Kakashi relevant again. I'm glad that his new power is only temporary though. It makes sense considering Kakashi has spent the majority of his life with Obito's eye and therefore Obito's chakra. Since chakra can travel between time and space it makes sense that Obito can travel back to Kakashi especially since I'm sure not all of his chakra had dissipated from his ashy remains. Kinda confused on how Kakashi can just get a Perfect Susanoo when Obito showed no ability to do so with both eyes before. Perhaps dying gave Obito all the wisdom in the world and he is controlling Kakashi's Susanoo from behind the scenes. He sure does like playing the puppet master.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

Quote Originally Posted by XanderCage View Post
    Well Kishi found his way to make Kakashi relevant again. I'm glad that his new power is only temporary though. It makes sense considering Kakashi has spent the majority of his life with Obito's eye and therefore Obito's chakra. Since chakra can travel between time and space it makes sense that Obito can travel back to Kakashi especially since I'm sure not all of his chakra had dissipated from his ashy remains. Kinda confused on how Kakashi can just get a Perfect Susanoo when Obito showed no ability to do so with both eyes before. Perhaps dying gave Obito all the wisdom in the world and he is controlling Kakashi's Susanoo from behind the scenes. He sure does like playing the puppet master.
    It wasn't Kakashi's own Susanoo, it was Sasuke's. Now that Kakashi has two MS he can copy bigger things, which is why Naruto thought it was Sasuke who summoned Susanoo at first.

The whole Kakashi being sixth Hokage thing makes A LOT of sense now. A lot of people, including myself, were wondering why Naruto didn't have his Hokage Cloak if The Last was indeed canon, and I guess we know why now. Kakashi became Sixth Hokage which means Naruto may or may not become Hokage in The Last.

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    It wasn't Kakashi's own Susanoo, it was Sasuke's. Now that Kakashi has two MS he can copy bigger things, which is why Naruto thought it was Sasuke who summoned Susanoo at first.

The whole Kakashi being sixth Hokage thing makes A LOT of sense now. A lot of people, including myself, were wondering why Naruto didn't have his Hokage Cloak if The Last was indeed canon, and I guess we know why now. Kakashi became Sixth Hokage which means Naruto may or may not become Hokage in The Last.
    OH!! I didn't get that when I first read the chapter. I'll have to reread to see that again. I didn't realize that Kakashi copied Sasuke's Susanoo. I thought the sharigan couldn't copy kekkei genkai though? Or is it okay now since its a sharigan copying a sharigan's kekkei genkai?

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

As far as I know Sharingan cannot copy Kekkei Genkai. This was stated in part 1...however many things were stated in Part 1 and got ignored in Part 2 so we'll see how this goes down.

Now for the chapter itself. I won't lie. At some parts I was screaming "KISHIMOTO!!" Stop teasing me with these Obito and Rin bits. Just give me my Team Minato spinoff already! Stop teasing me with these little snips. I want the full story! I want it way more then this crappy Kaguya fight, which I don't even care about anymore. Actually I don't think I ever cared about Kaguya. Just die already, and give me my Team Minato spinoff. I will admit I laughed at Obito not wanting Kakashi to join them anytime soon. Obito's got some "business" with Rin first.

Now onto Hokage Kakashi. I'm fine with it. I've already said Kakashi and even Shikamaru would make a better Hokage then either Naruto or Sasuke. Especially Sasuke. Hokage Sasuke is a joke. But anyway I found the chapter fine. I figured Kakashi would gain MS after his meeting with Obito. Even though Kakashi didn't need it. He's already the cooliest of the cool ninjas. Sakura is useless once again. I love how Naruto tells Sasuke to save her and he doesn't. I laughed so hard at Naruto realizing it was not Sasuke who saved Sakura. And Sasuke's expression at seeing Kakashi with two MS and Susanoo. The best part of the chapter for me was Naruto using all the Tailed Beast powers to strike Kaguya. Really nice artwork. I did wish Sasuke got to do a little more though.

Overall a good chapter. There were moments where I shook my fist but I enjoyed most of it. Stop teasing me with Team Minato already! If you spoil it all now, there will be nothing left for the spinoff series, that I want and will never get. Obito's still has to get his booty duty after all.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU...WELL MAYBE. WITH OBITO DEAD, SHE DOESN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THIS WAR.

The first half of this chapter was pointless. You literally could've put this in the previous chapter and ended it with the reveal.

And...Sakura? Leave. Please, just leave.

You're not helping anyone anymore. Obito's dead and you can't be used as a battery for him anymore. And this is just painful.

So he could teleport out of the afterlife? Honestly that whole scene kinda lessens the impact of Obito's departure last chapter :L

And Perfect Susano'o??? Real Uchiha took quite some time to develop their Susano'o, how does Kakashi jump straight to the final form?

EDIT: Also, he didn't copy Susano'o. KG can't be copied, and this one has a unique design that differs from Sasuke's. That's definitely his own.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 6th August 2014 at 6:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    EDIT: Also, he didn't copy Susano'o. KG can't be copied, and this one has a unique design that differs from Sasuke's. That's definitely his own.
    Yeah I noticed Kakashi's Susanoo has a cut through its eye just like Kakashi. At least Kakashi will now have a decent Awakening in Storm 4 lol

Also, don't know if you guys have seen but this week's Weekly Jump had the designs for Sakura, Shikamaru and Sai for The Last. Sakura has her Byaku[insert long name here] diamond seal on her forehead at all times now it seems, and Shikamaru looks a lot like his dad.
    Last edited by nuzamaki90; 6th August 2014 at 6:53 PM.

So Kakashi got Obito's other Sharingan. Sigh, I guess he's more relevant now? Him using Susano'o was interesting though. I now await Sakura's power up.

So Kakashi got Obito's other Sharingan. Sigh, I guess he's more relevant now? Him using Susano'o was interesting though. I now await Sakura's power up.
    That's assuming she gets a Power Up ,I do hope she gets one(even though that would be an asspull)since it would make her more relevant.

Sakura being Tsunade 2.0 wasn't her powerup? I thought that was suppose to be the "OMG Sakura finally gets a powerup!" Even though being a Tsunade clone isn't worth much these days.

IMO, Kakashi was already relevant! Giving him Susanoo in fact cheapens the uniqueness that was Kakashi. He was the last shinobi outlaw in a world of Super Freaks and wannabe Super Freaks. And now They have given him the membership card into the Super Freak Club. I have mixed feelings about this. Very mixed feelings. I dislike these powerups just coming out of nowhere. It's one thing if Kakashi kept Obito's eye the entire time and seeing Obito die evolved it further, but this? Meh. Makes Trolldara stealing his eye even more pointless then it already was.

Kakashi becoming Hokage is cool but now that we've seen these high caliber fights it seems kind of lame. If I'm not mistaken, Kaguya is the most powerful chakra wielder ever, and there's really no where to go plot-wise after she's been overcome. It's not like Dragonball where you can just keep making up stronger and stronger villains and power-ups (and Kais lol) to no end. There's actually an origin story to all of this, and Naruto and Sasuke are about to surpass it. Naruto becoming Hokage at this point would be satisfying simply because he's finally achieving his dream, but not really because he's only now earning it (he's long since surpassed the power, leadership, etc. necessary).

If The Last is the precursor to another Naruto story succeeding the current one, I can't imagine what it'd be about.

Sakura being Tsunade 2.0 wasn't her powerup?
    Um, no? She hasn't showcased power anywhere near Naruto's or Sasuke's level imo. If Kakashi got a power up out of the blue to keep up with the boys, why shouldn't Sakura?

Um, no? She hasn't showcased power anywhere near Naruto's or Sasuke's level imo. If Kakashi got a power up out of the blue to keep up with the boys, why shouldn't Sakura?
    Be sure to tell Kishimoto that when Team Seven become the new Great Three Shinobi from Konoha. Sakura got that Tsunade powerup for just that. The only really good thing that came out of it was it made all of Sasuke's BS powerups look legit.

Realistically there are no more powerups. Kakashi basically got leftover Uchiha power.

Sakura shouldn't get another power up in my opinion. It's obvious that Kishimoto never intended to allow her to keep up with Naruto and Sasuke in terms of plot relevance (not even slightly), so I have no idea why he continues his struggle to get her to keep up with them in terms of skill and power. Honestly, Sakura has even less depth and significance than a lot of the more minor characters because her clan (if Haruno is one) has no story background and she does little to distinguish herself amongst her peers and teachers, so her character feels like dead weight to me... As much as I wish she was just as important and interesting as the rest of team 7, she totally isn't...

Hence she shouldn't have a power up (and would probably be better off attached to the tree right now). Sorry Sakura.

Page 1019 of 1072 FirstFirst ... 19919969100910151016101710181019102010211022102310291069 ... LastLast