Page 1021 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 21921971101110171018101910201021102210231024102510311071 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,525 of 27175

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Kakashi himself said after the Gokage Summit arc that he wasn't suited for the position of Hokage and I doubt that Obito's wish for him will affect him, especially since Kakashi wants Naruto to fulfill his dream.
    he said it doesnt suit him but would take the job if he has to or is nominated so it wouldnt be weird if did take the job

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    he said it doesnt suit him but would take the job if he has to or is nominated so it wouldnt be weird if did take the job
    And why would he be offered the job again now? Even if Tsunade did retire, wouldn't her replacement choice be Naruto based on his heroic actions throughout the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    That was being useful. Not exactly being a leader. Naruto didn't command anyone from Konoha to do this or that. It was his clones doing all the work. Naruto's useful but being useful doesn't make a leader. Sharing his chakra with everyone was helpful, but how does that make him anymore a leader then anyone else? He's got the power for Hokage. He's beyond all the other Gokage, but is he a leader? I still haven't seen it yet. He's a great solider, but not a leader.

As far as Tsunade goes, that's kinda unfair. Tsunade was only introduced into the story to become the new Hokage. She never appeared in the manga outside a flashback as a unnamed kunoichi. You could say she bossed around Shizune, I suppose. But we don't know how much of a leader she was during her time as a active Konoha shinobi. The war arc really didn't show Naruto off as a leader and I think they really should have done that if he is aiming to be Hokage and if that is still the desired goal. He inspires many, but is he a true leader ready to lead a nation?
    Well he wouldn't be leading a nation, just the shinobi of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. But points taken.

And why would he be offered the job again now? Even if Tsunade did retire, wouldn't her replacement choice be Naruto based on his heroic actions throughout the story?
    Maybe, but Kakashi seems to be more well-rounded than Naruto, so I wouldn't be surprised if Naruto wasn't given the job immediately. But more importantly, I find it hard to believe Kishimoto would interject Obito's dying wish for Kakashi to be that he becomes a Hokage that looks after the next generation, just for that sentiment to be ignored. That is, unless there's a good reason for it to be ignored, but as of now it seems to me that Kakashi becoming Hokage was foreshadowed by Obito. Maybe even the fact that Kakashi gets to live on foreshadows that he'll move on to greater things (namely, becoming Hokage) as well.

I like Sakura a lot and it amazes me how vastly my opnions differs from the fandom well some of them are always too harsh and unfair when it comes to Sakura's character, but whatever I got used to it tbh. The only flaw she has imo is her lack of action. This is why Sakura's suffers from having so little action its because Sasuke and Naruto took all of her spotlight. The minute Kishi cut this balance, he threw everything out. Now that Kakashi was given a powerup in order to fight against Kaguya I have the feeling that there's a good chance Sakura might get one next. It would be awkward for Sakura to just stand there while the guys do the fighting, especially after how much of a big deal she keeps making of not wanting to be left behind by Naruto and Sasuke.

I'm pretty sure that the whole "sixth Hokage" thing was just Obito's wish for Kakashi; that doesn't mean that Kakashi will actually become a Hokage. It's too late for that anyway.
    I don't like this idea that much. Kakashi was about to become one if it isn't for Tsunade surviving after that incident. The momentum of him becoming hokage is gone imo.

Tsunade can still fill up that role well until Naruto is ready imo.
    Last edited by besho; 9th August 2014 at 7:20 PM.

and kakashi hasnt done anything heroic in the story????? just because naruto's actions are bigger that does discredit anything kakashi has done and if its between naruto sasuke and kakashi the one who will fill the position better will be kakashi since he has the attributes both naruto and sasuke are missing

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

and kakashi hasnt done anything heroic in the story????? just because naruto's actions are bigger that does discredit anything kakashi has done and if its between naruto sasuke and kakashi the one who will fill the position better will be kakashi since he has the attributes both naruto and sasuke are missing
    The fact that Naruto is stronger and has shown that he's a rallying point for the alliance during this war makes him a better candidate than someone like Kakashi, who needed Obito's Sharingan just to make a name for himself imo. The whole scenario seems excessive right now anyway until we find out whether Tsunade will retire or not soon, so I digress.

Mmm I don't think so. Kakashi doesn't WANT to be the Hokage, Obito shouldn't make him be one just because he couldn't do it. Plus it so OOC for him to be a hokage anyway. Why should Tsunade step down from the Hokage position for Kakashi? it makes no sense in my humble opinion.

Kakashi IMO would have made a good Hokage in the series. He's a brilliant leader, fighter, and all around well balanced shinobi. Probably the best well balanced shinobi that was not a Super Freak Club member. He's only second rate when comparing to a Super Freak Club member. However I feel the time to have made Kakashi a Hokage would have been after the Danzo incident when they were going to name him Hokage. I know he said he wasn't suited for Hokage, but I think he's been one of the greatest leaders in the Naruto series. And I'm not just saying that because he's one of my favorite characters in the series. It's because of his skills that he became a favorite of mine.

But still. It's too late now. Just let Naruto and Sasuke fight over the Hokage seat now. Kakashi along with Shikamaru would make great righthand men to the Hokage. So while I think Kakashi is more then worthy for the title, it's just not his time anymore.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Kakashi IMO would have made a good Hokage in the series. He's a brilliant leader, fighter, and all around well balanced shinobi. Probably the best well balanced shinobi that was not a Super Freak Club member. He's only second rate when comparing to a Super Freak Club member. However I feel the time to have made Kakashi a Hokage would have been after the Danzo incident when they were going to name him Hokage. I know he said he wasn't suited for Hokage, but I think he's been one of the greatest leaders in the Naruto series. And I'm not just saying that because he's one of my favorite characters in the series. It's because of his skills that he became a favorite of mine.

But still. It's too late now. Just let Naruto and Sasuke fight over the Hokage seat now. Kakashi along with Shikamaru would make great righthand men to the Hokage. So while I think Kakashi is more then worthy for the title, it's just not his time anymore.
    Hmm.. now that I think about it. It makes sense to me. Its alright I guess. Let Naruto grow up and mature some more. As long as we get Naruto's face on the Hokage mountain at the end, doesn't matter when he becomes..

My ideal scenario would be for Tsunade to keep her title for a few years and for Naruto and Sasuke to fight each other for that position after a short timeskip once they've grown and matured, which would conclude the manga.

The fact that Naruto is stronger and has shown that he's a rallying point for the alliance during this war makes him a better candidate than someone like Kakashi, who needed Obito's Sharingan just to make a name for himself imo. The whole scenario seems excessive right now anyway until we find out whether Tsunade will retire or not soon, so I digress.
    of course naruto is going to be stronger he is the main character....everything naruto has to become hokage kakashi has it as well and more
    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Mmm I don't think so. Kakashi doesn't WANT to be the Hokage, Obito shouldn't make him be one just because he couldn't do it. Plus it so OOC for him to be a hokage anyway. Why should Tsunade step down from the Hokage position for Kakashi? it makes no sense in my humble opinion.
    if i remember correctly hashirama and tsunade didnt want to become hokage either but both accepted the job.she realizes she is no longer able to lead the village and wants to pass down the title to someone who is able to lead care and protect the village but to someone who is mature and older than naruto

-+

Kakashi was a prodigy before he received the Sharingan, and he's certainly accomplished a lot even if he has that asset to give him a boost. He may not be as powerful as Naruto is right now, but I think Kakashi fares fine when compared to the typical Kage. And that's just considering power and influence, he has other qualities that make him outshine Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Kakashi can change his mind you know, why does he have to be held to whatever he said before the war. And I don't think it's any more out of character for him than it seemed like it would be for say Tsunade and Gaara, who both seem to fit the role just fine now that we've gotten used to them.

My ideal scenario would be for Tsunade to keep her title for a few years and for Naruto and Sasuke to fight each other for that position after a short timeskip once they've grown and matured, which would conclude the manga.
    Even though it will happen in theory, I'm having a hard time imagining Naruto and Sasuke maturing in power anymore, they seem to have reached the sky already (unless their borrowed powers really do disappear completely after this arc). But if you mean maturing in other ways, then sure.
    Last edited by Kamex; 10th August 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    Kakashi can change his mind you know, why does he have to be held to whatever he said before the war. And I don't think it's any more out of character for him than it seemed like it would be for say Tsunade and Gaara, who both seem to fit the role just fine now that we've gotten used to them.
    To be fair, yes you're right, as I said, I'm fine with him being Hokage. I mean I'm not crazy in love with the idea, but it does make sense to me.

Anyway Kishi seems to want to delay Naruto becoming Hokage until the very last chapters, and make Kakashi the Hokage, which I don't mind because this delay will lead to a part 3 which I want and I'm 80% sure its happening. Its impossible for Kishi to wrap the NaruSasu fight before the movie even airs imo. We already know there's going to be another timeskip because of the new movie and the manga is going to go even further than that by this winter. I hope Kishimoto would tie the war arc through the new movie, then continue the manga with a part 3 (post war arc) where he fights Sasuke and become Hokage. That's a possibility..
    Last edited by besho; 10th August 2014 at 4:14 AM.

Is Naruto on a break this week?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Is Naruto on a break this week?
    WSJ is on break this week, so there's no chapter.

Yeah, no new chapter for Naruto I guess. Well we don't want this place to be all dusty for a week do we? I'll ask a question for anyone to answer. Just to make this place a little lively while we wait for any Naruto news. Here's a question. Of all the characters still alive in the Naruto world name one you would not care about if they just suddenly died randomly for no reason at all.

For me that's a easy one. I didn't have to think hard on this one. Kiba. Kiba is a character who has added nothing important to the Naruto series. I think his biggest moment was being beaten by Naruto in the Chunin Exams. Waste of a character really. He's got two very popular teammates in Shino and of course Hinata, and with Choji, Rock Lee, and now Sakura as physical powerhouses, Kiba feels useless. Even Kakashi has Pakkun and his ninja dog squad. Kiba is useless, pointless, and if they killed him off I don't know who would even care.

Kinda random topic eh?

sakura to me she is pointless now...immense strength is pointless since most ninjas in the naruto world know how to evade punches her healing is rendered useless because of narujesus and tsunade still participating in fights so to me i wouldnt mind sakura if she died
    Sakura's nowhere near as bad as Kiba though. At least Sakura has a real fanbase, and tries to add to the story. What has Kiba done? Nothing. I mean Tenten does nothing and she gained a following for it. Kiba does nothing, adds nothing, and is pointless. Why did this character last so long in Naruto? If Kiba and Sakura were to fight, Sakura would slaughter him by just flexing her bicep. Same with Lee or Choji. He's done nothing! That is why Kiba has earned my "Most Useless Character in Naruto" award. Yes I'm making that a award.

I'd still pick Kiba over Sakura any day of the week. At least his personality is appealing, to me at least. I still rank him low compared to his teammates though.

I'd still pick Kiba over Sakura any day of the week. At least his personality is appealing, to me at least. I still rank him low compared to his teammates though.
    Kiba was only entertaining for me in the first chapters when he was bossing Shino and Hinata around during the Chunin Exam. That Kiba was fun. After that he became a bland, generic, guy who says random stuff every once in awhile. Kiba, to me is pointless. I've said this many times now. In this war if they killed Kiba nobody would care. That's why they didn't do it. He's the obvious choice for a death. Adds nothing. All of his expertise can be performed by someone else, and he's not entertaining to follow up on. I can honestly say if Kiba were to be killed off right now in the next chapter I would not care a single bit. With everyone else, Shikamaru, Lee, Ino, Sakura, Choji, Hinata, Shino, I'd care if one of them got killed, but Kiba? Not a single care in the world.

I'm telling you, he's holding the "Most Useless Character in Naruto" award right now.

Tenten. She sucks.

She the least memorable female character in the entire series. No development at all. Kishimoto just doesn't give a crap about her. If she were to be killed off in the next chapter I would feel nothing.
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 14th August 2014 at 5:54 AM.

What has Kiba done? Nothing. I mean Tenten does nothing and she gained a following for it. Kiba does nothing, adds nothing, and is pointless. Why did this character last so long in Naruto?
    I was going to say Tenten myself. Does she really have a following for doing nothing? Well that makes sense to me, because I feel that she easily has the least developed personality and plot focus of any of the Genin 12. She's literally nothing but a foil for the rest of her team's craziness/antics (which Neji sort of doubles as amongst his other roles in the story, so even this aspect of Tenten is unnecessary). Kiba at least participated in the Sasuke Retrieval arc. Even Shino didn't (which he humorously sulked about multiple times since). And then in Part II, a majority of the 12 had very little participation, so you can't really blame him there. I feel like most of them are more or less in the same boat, with Tenten trailing behind (hopefully she has some sort of role to play in saving the world with those artifacts she found).

I do remember Kiba saying during the Chuunin Exams that he would become Hokage. I think he was mostly teasing Naruto though, since they were about to fight. Haha.

But Neji was my personal favorite of the 12, so it's lame that he died!! Lol.

Anyways, I'm kind of assuming you meant of the Genin 12 who would you not care about dying, because there are a lot of background characters that I would assume you'd care less about dying than Kiba. But in any case, I'd rather no one died without a good reason.

EDIT: Also, I agree with whoever said Kiba at least has an interesting personality (loudmouth, arrogant, outspoken, whatever). Tenten barely has one to begin with, and she participated in fewer arcs than Kiba (and the ones she did participate in, she did little to distinguish herself). Not sure why you pick Kiba over Tenten.
    Last edited by Kamex; 14th August 2014 at 6:15 PM.

Tenten is kind of lame imho, but I still think she may have more importance than Sakura in terms of Kaguya's demise since she has Hagoromo's treasures in her scroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    I was going to say Tenten myself. Does she really have a following for doing nothing? Well that makes sense to me, because I feel that she easily has the least developed personality and plot focus of any of the Genin 12. She's literally nothing but a foil for the rest of her team's craziness/antics (which Neji sort of doubles as amongst his other roles in the story, so even this aspect of Tenten is unnecessary). Kiba at least participated in the Sasuke Retrieval arc. Even Shino didn't (which he humorously sulked about multiple times since). And then in Part II, a majority of the 12 had very little participation, so you can't really blame him there. I feel like most of them are more or less in the same boat, with Tenten trailing behind (hopefully she has some sort of role to play in saving the world with those artifacts she found).

I do remember Kiba saying during the Chuunin Exams that he would become Hokage. I think he was mostly teasing Naruto though, since they were about to fight. Haha.

But Neji was my personal favorite of the 12, so it's lame that he died!! Lol.

Anyways, I'm kind of assuming you meant of the Genin 12 who would you not care about dying, because there are a lot of background characters that I would assume you'd care less about dying than Kiba. But in any case, I'd rather no one died without a good reason.

EDIT: Also, I agree with whoever said Kiba at least has an interesting personality (loudmouth, arrogant, outspoken, whatever). Tenten barely has one to begin with, and she participated in fewer arcs than Kiba (and the ones she did participate in, she did little to distinguish herself). Not sure why you pick Kiba over Tenten.
    I meant anyone. Doesn't have to be Genin 12. And yes, I picked Kiba over Tenten. I wouldn't care if Kiba dropped dead. The reason I'd pick Kiba over Tenten as a character I don't care if they died, is unlike Tenten, Kiba has been given plenty of chances to be a character you can care about. Tenten has never been given a fair chance, mission, screentime, whatever to become a popular well liked character. Kiba has and frankly I think the character failed and sucks. He's one of the most pointless characters to ever be in this series as everyone one of his skills can be performed by a better character. His personality traits are all owned by characters far better then him, like Naruto being as loudmouth, and several other characters are arrogant but far better then Kiba.

When Tenten gets screentime and a actual speaking role and fails at it, then I'll say I wouldn't care if she died or not. If Tenten died, I'd only shake my head at kishi for making a girl shinobi and never giving her a chance to do anything. Kiba's had plenty of chances and I think the character flat out sucks. He's failed to ever impress me, ever and if the character died I wouldn't care one single bit. Shino and Hinata should have had a better teammate. The idea of Kiba was fine, but the character itself? A failure IMO.

I meant anyone. Doesn't have to be Genin 12.
    Wait, really? So if say Mizuki (yes, from the first chapter/episode) just randomly died in one of the Ten Tails' bomb blasts a while back, you'd have cared more than if Kiba died? There are a lot of obscure characters that you'll probably never think about ever again that I would trade for Kiba... What about this guy (no I don't remember him at all, just trying to make a point)?

And yes, I picked Kiba over Tenten. I wouldn't care if Kiba dropped dead. The reason I'd pick Kiba over Tenten as a character I don't care if they died, is unlike Tenten, Kiba has been given plenty of chances to be a character you can care about. Tenten has never been given a fair chance, mission, screentime, whatever to become a popular well liked character. Kiba has and frankly I think the character failed and sucks. He's one of the most pointless characters to ever be in this series as everyone one of his skills can be performed by a better character. His personality traits are all owned by characters far better then him, like Naruto being as loudmouth, and several other characters are arrogant but far better then Kiba.

When Tenten gets screentime and a actual speaking role and fails at it, then I'll say I wouldn't care if she died or not. If Tenten died, I'd only shake my head at kishi for making a girl shinobi and never giving her a chance to do anything. Kiba's had plenty of chances and I think the character flat out sucks. He's failed to ever impress me, ever and if the character died I wouldn't care one single bit. Shino and Hinata should have had a better teammate. The idea of Kiba was fine, but the character itself? A failure IMO.
    I dunno, I feel like the reason Tenten hasn't done anything is because if she did, it would be boring and useless. She has a lot of potential with her abilities, but her personality and background is empty. But I guess it's difficult to make so many characters and have each of them be interesting and likable.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    She the least memorable female character in the entire series. No development at all. Kishimoto just doesn't give a crap about her.
    She's actually Kishi's favourite female character.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 1021 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 21921971101110171018101910201021102210231024102510311071 ... LastLast