Page 1022 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 2292297210121018101910201021102210231024102510261032 ... LastLast
Results 25,526 to 25,550 of 26164

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    She's actually Kishi's favourite female character.
    So he says, but his treatment of her since the manga started has been sad tbh. Then again, the same goes for most female characters in this series (especially Karin).

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    Wait, really? So if say Mizuki (yes, from the first chapter/episode) just randomly died in one of the Ten Tails' bomb blasts a while back, you'd have cared more than if Kiba died? There are a lot of obscure characters that you'll probably never think about ever again that I would trade for Kiba... What about this guy (no I don't remember him at all, just trying to make a point)?

I dunno, I feel like the reason Tenten hasn't done anything is because if she did, it would be boring and useless. She has a lot of potential with her abilities, but her personality and background is empty. But I guess it's difficult to make so many characters and have each of them be interesting and likable.
    I mean main characters. Any main character that's actually a main character in the story, still doesn't have to be limited to Genin 12 because they are not the only main characters in the series still alive. Nobody even knows if Mizuki is even still alive today. He was only in one chapter and was a villain of the day. I mean a character that actually is part of the main series, not a throw away one appearance like Mizuki. A character that was actually treated like a main character. Nobody cares about Mizuki or random storm trooper background figures.

I fail to see why Tenten would be boring and useless. A weapons master being useless in a shinobi world? Tenten has never been given a chance. Nothing about her is expanded upon, the only thing that we know about her is she wanted to be a strong Kunoichi like Tsunade. That easily makes her desires better then Sakura and Ino, yet ironically it's Sakura who becomes her student. Sakura should have had Tenten's determination to be a strong female kunoichi from the start. Still better then Kiba and his bland self. Nothing about him stands out other then him owning a dog that he takes everywhere. Still wouldn't care if Kiba died, because unlike Tenten, Kishi tried to make something of Kiba, and it's nothing at all special. When Tenten gets a real chance to have a real canon fight and mission and she fails at impressing, then I'll count her among characters I wouldn't cared if they died. If Tenten died now I'd only shake my head that she never was given a chance to do anything. Kiba's had plenty of chances at least.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I fail to see why Tenten would be boring and useless. A weapons master being useless in a shinobi world? Tenten has never been given a chance. Nothing about her is expanded upon, the only thing that we know about her is she wanted to be a strong Kunoichi like Tsunade. That easily makes her desires better then Sakura and Ino, yet ironically it's Sakura who becomes her student. Sakura should have had Tenten's determination to be a strong female kunoichi from the start. Still better then Kiba and his bland self. Nothing about him stands out other then him owning a dog that he takes everywhere. Still wouldn't care if Kiba died, because unlike Tenten, Kishi tried to make something of Kiba, and it's nothing at all special. When Tenten gets a real chance to have a real canon fight and mission and she fails at impressing, then I'll count her among characters I wouldn't cared if they died. If Tenten died now I'd only shake my head that she never was given a chance to do anything. Kiba's had plenty of chances at least.
    I meant she'd be useless from a story perspective. I said her abilities had a lot of potential. But as far as I can recall her only memorable, consistent personality trait is to be turned off by Guy and Lee's personality traits. If that even counts. I guess that makes her "down to Earth" at best. And we know nothing about her background at all, other than wanting to be like Tsunade (lame and done multiple times already) and apparently she wanted to be a medical nin as well (even more unoriginal).

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to like Tenten. And I guess what you're trying to say is that if Kishi DID give her a personality and background, then she could be more interesting than Kiba, but because he didn't give her anything you don't want to hold it against her since you already know you dislike Kiba. But for me, the fact that Tenten is just kind of a part of the scenery being a part of Team Guy just to fill the slot automatically makes me put her below Kiba, who has a clan and family and dog and opinions, etc. Even if I didn't like Kiba, I think I'd rather a character be unlikable than invisible.

And at the very least, Akamaru's loss of its owner and best friend would make me care more about Kiba's life than Tenten's (as characters of course... I don't think Kiba inherently deserves life more than Tenten just because he owns a dog or any other reason).

I meant she'd be useless from a story perspective. I said her abilities had a lot of potential. But as far as I can recall her only memorable, consistent personality trait is to be turned off by Guy and Lee's personality traits. If that even counts. I guess that makes her "down to Earth" at best. And we know nothing about her background at all, other than wanting to be like Tsunade (lame and done multiple times already) and apparently she wanted to be a medical nin as well (even more unoriginal).

Don't get me wrong, I WANT to like Tenten. And I guess what you're trying to say is that if Kishi DID give her a personality and background, then she could be more interesting than Kiba, but because he didn't give her anything you don't want to hold it against her since you already know you dislike Kiba. But for me, the fact that Tenten is just kind of a part of the scenery being a part of Team Guy just to fill the slot automatically makes me put her below Kiba, who has a clan and family and dog and opinions, etc. Even if I didn't like Kiba, I think I'd rather a character be unlikable than invisible.

And at the very least, Akamaru's loss of its owner and best friend would make me care more about Kiba's life than Tenten's (as characters of course... I don't think Kiba inherently deserves life more than Tenten just because he owns a dog or any other reason).
    I don't dislike Kiba. I'm pretty neutral on the character. I just don't think Kishi did a good job in making me care at all for the character in the series if he lived or died. Nothing about him stands out despite all the roles he's been given in the series. Kiba's had plenty of chances to impress me and so far the only time I liked him was during the Chunin exam. But I don't dislike or hate the guy. I just think if kishi killed him off it would be no big loss at all, for me anyway.

How is wanting to be like Tsunade lame and done multiple times? Sakura is the only female to follow in Tsunade's footsteps, so how does that qualify as "multiple" times? And how is that lame? Tsunade is the only successful legendary female shinobi. I would think many young kunoichi's would want to be like her. Tenten wanting to be a medical nin must be a anime only thing, cause I've never seen Tenten mention it and she does have speaking roles in the manga. I don't see how that's unoriginal either. In part 1, Tsunade, Kabuto, and Shizune are the only medical ninjas we ever see, so it's not like there's a bunch of them. Before Shizune came to Konoha, the village didn't even have in the field medical shinobi. How is that anymore unoriginal then any other shinobi job?

If anything I wish Sakura had Tenten's ambition to be a strong kunoichi instead of being a lame Sasuke groupie. Tenten, along with Hinata, had the best original kunoichi goals in the series instead of just being over a guy. It's a shame Tenten was so overlooked. I suppose her death wouldn't mean anything either, but again the difference between Kiba and Tenten is Tenten never got a chance to prove herself, and Kiba has.

Edit: I'll give you the Akamaru thing. But that would be more sad about Akamaru being sad, not exactly for Kiba himself though.

I really hope that Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi just one-shot Kaguya in the next chapter, but things will probably be dragged out longer. I almost expect Zetsu to backstab Kaguya and take over as the final villain.

i caught up and i wasn't too surprised to see kakashi get a powerup. at least his made more since than the other two i guess.

i'm just waiting for the spirit bomb powered by the konoha12 or w/e just to one shot everyone.

How is wanting to be like Tsunade lame and done multiple times? Sakura is the only female to follow in Tsunade's footsteps, so how does that qualify as "multiple" times? And how is that lame? Tsunade is the only successful legendary female shinobi. I would think many young kunoichi's would want to be like her.
    I don't know if it was only the anime, but Ino also wanted to be a medical nin and I think she may have wanted to train under Tsunade at one point as well. In any case I'm glad she didn't go that route. Being a medical nin to me is like playing Pokemon Contests instead of battling gyms... just seems kind of inferior or at least not as interesting.

Tenten wanting to be a medical nin must be a anime only thing, cause I've never seen Tenten mention it and she does have speaking roles in the manga. I don't see how that's unoriginal either. In part 1, Tsunade, Kabuto, and Shizune are the only medical ninjas we ever see, so it's not like there's a bunch of them. Before Shizune came to Konoha, the village didn't even have in the field medical shinobi. How is that anymore unoriginal then any other shinobi job?
    Mainly the fact that she's a girl. I feel like (at least) every other important kunoichi has aspired to become a medical nin after Tsunade was introduced into the story. And many of them did become medical nin: Chiyo, Shizune, Sakura, Karin, Ino, Rin, Kiba's sister and other minor and/or anime-only characters as well. Do we really need to add Tenten to this list?

If anything I wish Sakura had Tenten's ambition to be a strong kunoichi instead of being a lame Sasuke groupie. Tenten, along with Hinata, had the best original kunoichi goals in the series instead of just being over a guy.
    Well, I already disagreed with you about Tenten... but wait, wasn't Hinata's ninja way a direct copy of Naruto's? To never give up. Not sure how that's original. Or do you mean that she wanted to live up to her role in the main branch or keep up with Neji or something like that. Those still sound pretty unoriginal and un-creative to me. But maybe I just don't remember her main goal.

I could be biased though, because I have little hope that Kishimoto truly cares what happens with kunoichi. Most of them fall behind their peers or are given weak storylines in my opinion... not sure why they even become shinobi in the first place? Kaguya doesn't really make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I really hope that Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi just one-shot Kaguya in the next chapter, but things will probably be dragged out longer. I almost expect Zetsu to backstab Kaguya and take over as the final villain.
    Zetsu's whole role in everything still seems a bit out of place to me. Anyways I don't think I want yet another backstabbing at this point haha.

I don't know if it was only the anime, but Ino also wanted to be a medical nin and I think she may have wanted to train under Tsunade at one point as well. In any case I'm glad she didn't go that route. Being a medical nin to me is like playing Pokemon Contests instead of battling gyms... just seems kind of inferior or at least not as interesting.

Mainly the fact that she's a girl. I feel like (at least) every other important kunoichi has aspired to become a medical nin after Tsunade was introduced into the story. And many of them did become medical nin: Chiyo, Shizune, Sakura, Karin, Ino, Rin, Kiba's sister and other minor and/or anime-only characters as well. Do we really need to add Tenten to this list?

Well, I already disagreed with you about Tenten... but wait, wasn't Hinata's ninja way a direct copy of Naruto's? To never give up. Not sure how that's original. Or do you mean that she wanted to live up to her role in the main branch or keep up with Neji or something like that. Those still sound pretty unoriginal and un-creative to me. But maybe I just don't remember her main goal.

I could be biased though, because I have little hope that Kishimoto truly cares what happens with kunoichi. Most of them fall behind their peers or are given weak storylines in my opinion... not sure why they even become shinobi in the first place? Kaguya doesn't really make up for it.

Zetsu's whole role in everything still seems a bit out of place to me. Anyways I don't think I want yet another backstabbing at this point haha.
    Hinata's goal was to prove her worth to her family and that alone separates her from Naruto. Naruto doesn't have a family. The difference between Hinata and Naruto, is Hinata was a quitter and according to all her mentors and seniors, she would already doomed herself as a failure and didn't even try to change. It was not until she started watching Naruto that she got inspired to try and change herself and this is where her crush came from. Hinata copies Naruto's sayings, but she and Naruto do not have the same path. Hinata is not trying to become Hokage or draw a big crowd to herself like Naruto does. There is a big difference between Naruto and Hinata. Just because Naruto inspired her, doesn't mean she's a copy of him. Almost everyone in the series is inspired by Naruto.

As for this medical shinobi thing, this all must be anime only. And I don't count it as canon. Unless the manga tells me to watch the episode I don't consider any of it canon. Neither Ino or Tenten have said anything about wanting to be medical shinobi. As for why Ino is a medic, at the end of part 1 Shikamaru and Tsunade were already making plans to have every regular shinobi team have at least one medic ninja on their team to increase the success of missions. For all we know Ino could have been forced into being a medic in the manga because of this. I'm sure she didn't mind, but at no point is she ever associated with Tsunade. Neither is Tenten.

Not that this has nothing to do with my indifference to Kiba living or dying LOL.

Speaking of Hinata, the most overrated character. I think she's my least favourite female from Naruto. Don't get me wrong, I like her as an individual who thought for herself, whereas now most of her thinking is done for her by Naruto :x Not to mention how bland she is in terms of personality and she's one dimensional too. However, There was a time when she appealed to me back in the days I was a Hinata fan, however, given the canon characterization, it’s hard to me to do so nowadays. Back in Part 1, I really liked how Hinata took inspiration from Naruto and strived to be better and all that. In Part 2, all we saw is Hinata being all Naruto-kun, Naruto-kun, Naruto-kun which up to a certain extent it was okay, but after a while, for me, personally, it became let’s say, hard to bear...there would be so many things to talk about Hinata’s potential as a character like the Hyuga clan, but sadly, all we get from her is nothing but her Naruto-centric view.
    Last edited by besho; 17th August 2014 at 10:03 PM.

I'm glad that Hinata grew and matured as a character, although like Sakura and Karin, she suffers from a crush that has held her back from being truly great and independent imo.

Karin is not any better, but between Hinata and Karin, I prefer Karin any day because of her hilarious personality. I have a thing for tsundere characters. Hinata is just too shy for my tastes.

To be fair, the whole crush thing that is constantly been used in the manga is super annoying, and sadly other female characters are suffering from that curse as well, but at least, the others aren't one dimensional like Hinata, there is a lot to their character than just romance. Even Hinata's shining moments and fights is done for Naruto :x ... imo she needs to be more aware of her surroundings and live a life outside of the "Naruto kun" world. Now I can't wait for her to be the leader of the Hyuga clan!! Kishi please make it happen..
    Last edited by besho; 17th August 2014 at 11:56 PM.

I forgot about Karin and Team Baka. I take back what I said about Kiba being the character I'd care the least about if he died. That honor goes to Karin and/or Jugo.

That being said, Hinata was much better in part 1. What hurt the character IMO is her popularity and her shipping with Naruto. It became her definition in the future and now she's basically almost to Naruto what Sakura/Karin are to Sasuke. That really hurt the character, because she wasn't always just about the shipping. You can't tell nowadays because everything about her is the shipping. I've lost interest in Hinata, but I certainly don't dislike her for it. She's just a victim of a popular shipping that ultimately became what she is, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Speaking of Hinata, the most overrated character. I think she's my least favourite female from Naruto. Don't get me wrong, I like her as an individual who thought for herself, whereas now most of her thinking is done for her by Naruto :x Not to mention how bland she is in terms of personality and she's one dimensional too. However, There was a time when she appealed to me back in the days I was a Hinata fan, however, given the canon characterization, it’s hard to me to do so nowadays. Back in Part 1, I really liked how Hinata took inspiration from Naruto and strived to be better and all that. In Part 2, all we saw is Hinata being all Naruto-kun, Naruto-kun, Naruto-kun which up to a certain extent it was okay, but after a while, for me, personally, it became let’s say, hard to bear...there would be so many things to talk about Hinata’s potential as a character like the Hyuga clan, but sadly, all we get from her is nothing but her Naruto-centric view.
    same can be said about sakura most of her thinking is about sasuke....she has a bland personality with no background....also sakura is the same when it comes to sasuke-kun(even worse than hinata)...sasuke kun is that you...naruto please save sasuke...thank you sasuke...we must save sasuke so sakura has a sasuke-centric view

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

Tbh, as much as shipping hurt Hinata, I still think that she's been a good character in Part 2. Her rescue attempt during the Pain arc only got her hurt, but I liked that she finally had the guts to confess her feelings to Naruto as well as challenge a high class ninja like Pain.

It's sad that that does qualify as a good character moment during part 2. The Konoha 11 minus Naruto, Sakura and Team Asuma got the shaft. Even Neji's death didn't have a strong impact considering he wasn't relevant in quite a few arcs.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    same can be said about sakura most of her thinking is about sasuke....she has a bland personality with no background....also sakura is the same when it comes to sasuke-kun(even worse than hinata)...sasuke kun is that you...naruto please save sasuke...thank you sasuke...we must save sasuke so sakura has a sasuke-centric view
    Did Sakura have a "Sasuke-centric" view when she told Naruto to forget about Sasuke when Naruto transformed into his four tails state? Did Sakura have a "Sasuke-centric" view when she attempted to bear Naruto's hatred and anger in the Land of Iron by attempting to kill Sasuke herself, thereby choosing Naruto's safety over Sasuke? Did Sakura have a "Sasuke-centric" view when she told off Sasuke at the bridge for bad mouthing Naruto? Did Sakura have a "Sasuke-centric" view when, after hearing Sasuke's declaration of becoming hokage, she hovered over Naruto while he was dying, and by her words, chose Naruto's dream over Sasuke's ambition? Did Sakura have a "Sasuke-centric" view when she admitted to Obito that she wasn't going to waste Naruto's efforts, and it was because of Naruto that she was giving her all to get Sasuke back to Naruto?

Funny enough, Sakura and her "Sasuke-centric" self has chosen Naruto over Sasuke every time after the timeskip. Your hatred is too extreme to notice that.

Even Neji's death didn't have a strong impact considering he wasn't relevant in quite a few arcs.
    I still firmly believe that he'll be revived via Naruto's new sage powers or via Madara's Rinne Tensei after his redemption or some other plot device. :x

Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    That's false, most of Sakura's thinking is not about Sasuke, she doesn't have a one tracked mind like Hinata does. If anything, Hinata is the one with the bland personality, Sakura's a tsundere, which are not bland, Hinata is a character who typically stays in the background. And it seems as if you're speaking of Part 1 Sakura, because Part 2 Sakura is nothing like that. She thinks of both Naruto and Sasuke, saying she's worse than Hinata is a lie because Naruto is all what Hinata thinks about. Sakura has developed pass her fangirl/admiration phase, Hinata has not.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 18th August 2014 at 2:04 PM.

It's sad that that does qualify as a good character moment during part 2. The Konoha 11 minus Naruto, Sakura and Team Asuma got the shaft. Even Neji's death didn't have a strong impact considering he wasn't relevant in quite a few arcs.
    I agree, especially about Neji... I loved his character before but after he had his change of heart in Part I he had so much potential as a gifted shinobi with a fresh new attitude. But all that potential was wasted... even though he became a Jounin, he didn't shine amongst his team at all during that first "save Gaara" arc, and after that he didn't really show up in the story at all. Then I have to see one of my favorite characters finally jump into the spotlight just to be the one who dies for the cause? I know it was supposed to have a positive impact on Naruto and Hinata's resolve and story lines, but it's not fair to Neji because like you said he wasn't relevant for a long time so it didn't have a strong impact.

Just ranting since I like Neji so much. Honestly, most stories don't handle deaths very well during long, dragged-out, epic, final war scenes. Kind of like what happened in Harry Potter (in my opinion). Whenever there are mass random deaths, since the character didn't have the focus it just seems like a waste, even though it's more realistic I guess. I think Attack on Titan handled deaths better than most.

I still firmly believe that he'll be revived via Naruto's new sage powers or via Madara's Rinne Tensei after his redemption or some other plot device. :x
    As lame as this sounds, I don't think I'd mind because of the aforementioned points. But speaking of Madara, it's very hard to imagine him being redeemed, because he seemed like such a strong-willed character after he left the Leaf village. But then again, I think Kaguya (or more like Zetsu) will be the one that never agrees with Naruto up through defeat. Madara on the other hand will probably change considering his relationship with Hashirama. So Madara is kind of like the ultimate opponent for Naruto... not in terms of power (though he was close), but in terms of his lack of susceptibility to Talk no Jutsu. Although it might be Hashirama who uses that on Madara.

Still not sure if he'd pull a Nagato and just revive people left and right, but I do think he'll be the last character in the story to have a change of heart.
    Last edited by Kamex; 18th August 2014 at 4:48 PM.

No offense, but now it just sounds like your in denial. Why do I think Sasuke was telling Obito the truth? Well he tells Kakashi, Sakura, and Naruto the exact same thing that he's going to kill everyone in Konoha including them. And your question of Sasuke lying to Obito. Well if he was lying to Obito why would Kishi even bother to show that? If Sasuke was lying then wouldn't it make more sense to first show him lying to Obito and then going behind his back and telling Taka the truth? The opposite happened. As to why Sasuke lied to them. Sasuke already explained that himself in the chapter. He wants to slaughter Konoha by himself. When it comes to revenge Sasuke has always worked alone. Taka is just there to make sure nobody gets in the way of his revenge, but he's always taking revenge on his own and takes great pleasure in it. See killing Danzo.

Again, no offense, but I'm starting to wonder how much of this manga you've actually read. Please don't take that the wrong way though.
    Sorry for the late response, my laptop got corrupted.

Anyway, Sasuke didn't talk to team Seven until after he had started killing innocent people. There was a clear difference between Sasuke before the summit, avoiding killing people and risking his life for Team Taka, and after, killing with no regard and not caring about Team Taka. And most importantly, he called out Naruto and set up a fight between them over that exact thing. He had no trouble putting that off, as oppose to trying his hardest to achieve his revenge against Itachi and Danzo. Not when it was showing the connection between Sasuke and Obito, and their attempts to use each other. Sasuke's actions right after that was leaving Obito's side and then attempting to kill him.

So he had to lie to them? All he would have had to do was tell them not to interfere. You know, like he did with Itachi previously. It's not as if they didn't already know the score when it came to Sasuke and his revenge. So again, what reason did he need to lie to them for? None of them had problem with killing, and they already knew not to interfere with his revenge.

Sasuke has an established history already of telling a villain one thing while he used them, and then betraying them as soon as they were of no more use. That combined with the fact that the whole Kirabi fight was suppose to show Sasuke actually caring for his teammates along with the previous mentioned issue about him having no reason to lie to them makes it far more liekly he was lying to Obito, especially given how he tried to and did betray Obito every chance he got.

And yet there's still the matter of Sasuke wanting to be Hokage too and how that conflicts with Naruto's dream. How else will that get resolved without a fight?
    Well setting aside the fact that Naruto's goal of bring peace would mean the elimination of the villages therefore meaning there wouldn't be any position of Hokage, ever since he arrived on the battlefield, Sasuke has been pushing to work together. So it's quite possible that such a belief would continue.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Sorry for the late response, my laptop got corrupted.

Anyway, Sasuke didn't talk to team Seven until after he had started killing innocent people. There was a clear difference between Sasuke before the summit, avoiding killing people and risking his life for Team Taka, and after, killing with no regard and not caring about Team Taka. And most importantly, he called out Naruto and set up a fight between them over that exact thing. He had no trouble putting that off, as oppose to trying his hardest to achieve his revenge against Itachi and Danzo. Not when it was showing the connection between Sasuke and Obito, and their attempts to use each other. Sasuke's actions right after that was leaving Obito's side and then attempting to kill him.

So he had to lie to them? All he would have had to do was tell them not to interfere. You know, like he did with Itachi previously. It's not as if they didn't already know the score when it came to Sasuke and his revenge. So again, what reason did he need to lie to them for? None of them had problem with killing, and they already knew not to interfere with his revenge.

Sasuke has an established history already of telling a villain one thing while he used them, and then betraying them as soon as they were of no more use. That combined with the fact that the whole Kirabi fight was suppose to show Sasuke actually caring for his teammates along with the previous mentioned issue about him having no reason to lie to them makes it far more liekly he was lying to Obito, especially given how he tried to and did betray Obito every chance he got.

Well setting aside the fact that Naruto's goal of bring peace would mean the elimination of the villages therefore meaning there wouldn't be any position of Hokage, ever since he arrived on the battlefield, Sasuke has been pushing to work together. So it's quite possible that such a belief would continue.
    Sorry to hear about your laptop. I know the feeling. Hope you got it fixed.

Anyway, I'm done with this debate. I have nothing more to add beyond what I've already stated. Sasuke planned to kill everyone in the village. That's not my opinion, it's a FACT. It was proven several times in the manga by Sasuke himself and that makes him a villain for that time. Not a anti-hero, a straight up villain. If you don't want to believe that then just read the volumes. They finish my arguments for me, because you're pretty much arguing against what the volumes set up. So I'm done. I have nothing new to add because I'll just be saying the same thing over and over again.

Now to everyone on Sakura vs Hinata. How did we get to this point? Now we're arguing who was more clinging to Naruto or Sasuke. They both are. The difference is Hinata did not start off as so Naruto centric as she is now. In part 1 Hinata actually had a life and Naruto just inspired her to be better at it and this is where the crush came in. Somewhere along the lines in part 2, Hinata simply became a Naruto groupie and whatever story she had beyond that was lost in her popularity and shipping. Hinata's the most popular female in the Naruto series so I'm not surprised it bit her in the butt in the end. To everyone who says all she ever thinks about is Naruto...well yeah. I have to agree with that. The only thing I'll argue is she wasn't always like that. Popularity and her shipping did her in.

Now to everyone on Sakura vs Hinata. How did we get to this point? Now we're arguing who was more clinging to Naruto or Sasuke. They both are. The difference is Hinata did not start off as so Naruto centric as she is now. In part 1 Hinata actually had a life and Naruto just inspired her to be better at it and this is where the crush came in. Somewhere along the lines in part 2, Hinata simply became a Naruto groupie and whatever story she had beyond that was lost in her popularity and shipping. Hinata's the most popular female in the Naruto series so I'm not surprised it bit her in the butt in the end. To everyone who says all she ever thinks about is Naruto...well yeah. I have to agree with that. The only thing I'll argue is she wasn't always like that. Popularity and her shipping did her in.
    Sakura isn't clinging to Sasuke like she was in the past, I don't know why people still say this if there is nothing to prove it. Yes, about 300 chapters ago this would be valid, but no, it isn't now. And Hinata had a crush on him since she debuted. Naruto's thoughts of her in Part 1 were "A weirdo who looks away when I look at her. A shy and dark girl." Sakura also told Naruto "Oh yeah, she was always watching you." when Hinata was fighting Neji, so she liked Naruto before she even appeared. And her life is pretty much the same as it was in Part 1, the only thing that seems different is that she trained with Neji rather than train with Hanabi and she gained some self confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sakura has developed pass her fangirl/admiration phase, Hinata has not.
    Statement of the year.

Now we're arguing who was more clinging to Naruto or Sasuke. They both are.
    You seem to easily forget Sakura's false smile and all the distrust she has in Sasuke. You are misguided if you can't see that Sakura places Naruto above Sasuke constantly. She's matured and no longer a fangirl.
    Last edited by besho; 19th August 2014 at 6:21 PM.

Sakura is way more of a fangirl than Hinata. The fact that she has more screen time makes this a fact that can't be disputed.

Liking someone that hasn't done anything wrong to you isn't a fangirl. Liking someone, that had constantly told you to **** off, they don't care for you and even tried to kill you is. Anyone who disagrees is simply wrong.
    Last edited by Jb; 19th August 2014 at 6:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Sakura is way more of a fangirl than Hinata. The fact that she has more screen time makes this a fake that can't be disputed.

Liking someone that hasn't done anything wrong to you isn't a fangirl. Liking someone, that had constantly told you to **** off, they don't care for you and even tried to kill you is. Anyone who disagrees is simply wrong.
    Give me the chapter and page of Sakura fangirling over Sasuke in the recent 100 chapters. Without that, Hinata will remain as top fangirl.

Page 1022 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 2292297210121018101910201021102210231024102510261032 ... LastLast