Page 1023 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 23923973101310191020102110221023102410251026102710331073 ... LastLast
Results 25,551 to 25,575 of 27135

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #25551
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,113

    Default

    Recent length of time is irrelevant. If I compared all the chapters of the manga that had fangirling, Sakura would beat out Hinata 78 to 1.

  2. #25552
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sakura isn't clinging to Sasuke like she was in the past, I don't know why people still say this if there is nothing to prove it. Yes, about 300 chapters ago this would be valid, but no, it isn't now. And Hinata had a crush on him since she debuted. Naruto's thoughts of her in Part 1 were "A weirdo who looks away when I look at her. A shy and dark girl." Sakura also told Naruto "Oh yeah, she was always watching you." when Hinata was fighting Neji, so she liked Naruto before she even appeared. And her life is pretty much the same as it was in Part 1, the only thing that seems different is that she trained with Neji rather than train with Hanabi and she gained some self confidence.
    Imo, Sakura has improved a bit in the "fangirl" department lately, but the fact that she still cared about Sasuke even after he tried to kill her is what rankles me tbh. Same goes for Karin, who is even worse in the regard.

  3. #25553
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Recent length of time is irrelevant. If I compared all the chapters of the manga that had fangirling, Sakura would beat out Hinata 78 to 1.
    Going by logic such as that, it seems as if you don't believe in development, which Sakura has plenty of. Like besho said, Sakura's matured, she isn't the same fangirl she used to be in Part 1 going gaga over everything Sasuke did calling him cool and cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Imo, Sakura has improved a bit in the "fangirl" department lately, but the fact that she still cared about Sasuke even after he tried to kill her is what rankles me tbh. Same goes for Karin, who is even worse in the regard.
    And Tsunade still cared for Orochimaru. People in Konoha care for their comrades regardless of what they've done. Kakashi and Obito rings a bell, after everything Obito's done in the war and in the past, Kakashi still cared for him and wanted to bring him back. And I can see Sakura being no different.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 19th August 2014 at 8:01 PM.

  4. #25554
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sakura isn't clinging to Sasuke like she was in the past, I don't know why people still say this if there is nothing to prove it. Yes, about 300 chapters ago this would be valid, but no, it isn't now. And Hinata had a crush on him since she debuted. Naruto's thoughts of her in Part 1 were "A weirdo who looks away when I look at her. A shy and dark girl." Sakura also told Naruto "Oh yeah, she was always watching you." when Hinata was fighting Neji, so she liked Naruto before she even appeared. And her life is pretty much the same as it was in Part 1, the only thing that seems different is that she trained with Neji rather than train with Hanabi and she gained some self confidence.
    I never said Hinata didn't have the crush on Naruto in part 1. I said she had a life outside in part 1. Hinata's crush on Naruto stems from her being inspired by him because he's in the same boat as her. Labeled as a failure. But unlike her, Naruto worked to overcome it and become great. This inspired Hinata in part 1 to really try and change herself which was the entire point of her not giving up to Neji in their fight. This is a major reason why Hinata seems to be better received as a character then Sakura ever was. I've already dissected the Sakura/Sasuke thing.

    In part 2 however, kishi ignores all this and basically makes Hinata a Naruto groupie whenever she appears and suddenly her life is more about crushing on Naruto then changing the bad qualities she had in part 1. There's a difference between Sakura and Hinata. Sakura has always been about Sasuke. Not one thing doesn't involve Sasuke in her life, even when Naruto's involved. I don't hate Sakura for it or anything, but this is probably why Hinata has always been more popular then Sakura.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  5. #25555
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Are we really not getting the message that Naruto is trying to give us. Stop looking at the past and look toward the future.

    Really Hinata isn't that great of a charter because she is mostly one note. She doesn't has anything about her that is interesting or her personally is bland as a chalkboard. I think she shouldn't gotten all the populated in this manga. Hinata had something interesting, but Kishi didn't expand it and keep it in one spot of her having a crush/love on Naruto. I feel there could been more talked about her, but Kishi didn't do it. Also I think that Sakura was the better charter for have so much range of emotion and charter development. It her being a fangirl then becoming a stronger person at the end of it. I'm not saying that Hinata is weak I mean that the charter was just not explored enough for me to like her as a charter in this manga.
    Last edited by p96822; 19th August 2014 at 9:22 PM.

  6. #25556
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I never said Hinata didn't have the crush on Naruto in part 1. I said she had a life outside in part 1. Hinata's crush on Naruto stems from her being inspired by him because he's in the same boat as her. Labeled as a failure. But unlike her, Naruto worked to overcome it and become great. This inspired Hinata in part 1 to really try and change herself which was the entire point of her not giving up to Neji in their fight. This is a major reason why Hinata seems to be better received as a character then Sakura ever was. I've already dissected the Sakura/Sasuke thing.

    In part 2 however, kishi ignores all this and basically makes Hinata a Naruto groupie whenever she appears and suddenly her life is more about crushing on Naruto then changing the bad qualities she had in part 1.
    Hinata's not the only one who's been inspired by Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru and Sai have as well. Sakura's also inherited the will of not giving up.
    There's a difference between Sakura and Hinata. Sakura has always been about Sasuke. Not one thing doesn't involve Sasuke in her life, even when Naruto's involved. I don't hate Sakura for it or anything, but this is probably why Hinata has always been more popular then Sakura.
    Wouldn't this apply for Naruto as well as Sakura? Naruto's just as bad as Sakura since most of his actions were about Sasuke since he left the village. Going back to things Hinata's done, Hinata's actions were all about Naruto.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 19th August 2014 at 8:56 PM.

  7. #25557
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Are we really not getting the message that Naruto is trying to give us. Stop looking at the past and look toward the future.
    The "messages" in this series contradict each other though; first Naruto didn't believe in destiny in Part 1, and now his entire character revolves around being the one destined to change the world in Part 2.

  8. #25558
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    The "messages" in this series contradict each other though; first Naruto didn't believe in destiny in Part 1, and now his entire character revolves around being the one destined to change the world in Part 2.
    I'm drawing a blank, where was this from? Because I thought Naruto said destiny is something that can't be decided. :/

  9. #25559
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Hinata's not the only one who's been inspired by Naruto, Sakura, Shikamaru and Sai have as well. Sakura's also inherited the will of not giving up.

    Wouldn't this apply for Naruto as well as Sakura? Naruto's just as bad as Sakura since most of his actions were about Sasuke since he left the village. Going back to things Hinata's done, Hinata's actions were all about Naruto.
    Yes, Naruto's actions are just as bad in part 2. I've complained about it several times and even called this manga "Sasuke" at one point. As far as Hinata, I already explained what Hinata's storyline was and how Naruto inspired her to work at it in part 1. But her entire existence didn't revolve around Naruto. Not like it does now in part 2.

    I don't know what your point is for saying Shikamaru and the others are inspired by Naruto too. Nearly everyone is inspired by Naruto in this series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  10. #25560
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Yes, Naruto's actions are just as bad in part 2. I've complained about it several times and even called this manga "Sasuke" at one point. As far as Hinata, I already explained what Hinata's storyline was and how Naruto inspired her to work at it in part 1. But her entire existence didn't revolve around Naruto. Not like it does now in part 2.

    I don't know what your point is for saying Shikamaru and the others are inspired by Naruto too. Nearly everyone is inspired by Naruto in this series.
    See, that's where you're confusing me. What sets apart Part 1 Hinata and Part 2 Hinata? Her fight against Neji is the only thing I can think of....

    And I said that because Hinata wasn't the only one to be inspired by Naruto. There was no trick to it. The way how you said it was like Hinata was the one and only to be inspired, which I had to call out.

  11. #25561
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    The "messages" in this series contradict each other though; first Naruto didn't believe in destiny in Part 1, and now his entire character revolves around being the one destined to change the world in Part 2.
    Hello there can more then one message in a series.

  12. #25562
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    See, that's where you're confusing me. What sets apart Part 1 Hinata and Part 2 Hinata? Her fight against Neji is the only thing I can think of....

    And I said that because Hinata wasn't the only one to be inspired by Naruto. There was no trick to it. The way how you said it was like Hinata was the one and only to be inspired, which I had to call out.
    I thought I explained this, but I can do it again. Part 2 Hinata is basically just a Naruto groupie. Her storyline of improving herself has apparently been either dropped or forgotten. Because it's never brought up. Whenever she shows up in part 2 it's Naruto related, and the only time it wasn't is when they were hunting Sasuke and found Kabuto. In part 1, Hinata's crush was actually secondary to her wanting to improve herself. Her crush came as a result of Naruto inspiring her to improve herself so it was actually secondary in part 1. But as she got more popular, this story is seemingly dropped in exchange for her swooning over Naruto or simply doing everything based around him. Hinata was always in love with Naruto, but in part 1 she had a life outside it.

    As for everyone else inspired by Naruto, when did I ever say she was the only one inspired by Naruto? I never said that. Which is why I didn't get why you brought this up. Hinata's not even the biggest changed person Naruto's made in the series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #25563
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'm drawing a blank, where was this from? Because I thought Naruto said destiny is something that can't be decided. :/
    My point is that Kishi changed the direction of the story by relying on prophecies and destiny, which has gone on to affect Naruto's purpose, with or without being explicitly stated.

  14. #25564
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I thought I explained this, but I can do it again. Part 2 Hinata is basically just a Naruto groupie. Her storyline of improving herself has apparently been either dropped or forgotten. Because it's never brought up. Whenever she shows up in part 2 it's Naruto related, and the only time it wasn't is when they were hunting Sasuke and found Kabuto. In part 1, Hinata's crush was actually secondary to her wanting to improve herself. Her crush came as a result of Naruto inspiring her to improve herself so it was actually secondary in part 1. But as she got more popular, this story is seemingly dropped in exchange for her swooning over Naruto or simply doing everything based around him. Hinata was always in love with Naruto, but in part 1 she had a life outside it.

    As for everyone else inspired by Naruto, when did I ever say she was the only one inspired by Naruto? I never said that. Which is why I didn't get why you brought this up. Hinata's not even the biggest changed person Naruto's made in the series.
    Thank you for explaining, I didn't have the slightest clue of what you were talking about, but you make a valid point about her character. Though it doesn't surprise me, she isn't the only character with potential to go to waste in a way, Neji's a great example.

    No, you're misunderstanding, I said "the way how you said it" it only seemed as if you were saying Hinata was the only one. That is what I meant.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 19th August 2014 at 9:50 PM.

  15. #25565
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I thought I explained this, but I can do it again. Part 2 Hinata is basically just a Naruto groupie. Her storyline of improving herself has apparently been either dropped or forgotten. Because it's never brought up. Whenever she shows up in part 2 it's Naruto related, and the only time it wasn't is when they were hunting Sasuke and found Kabuto. In part 1, Hinata's crush was actually secondary to her wanting to improve herself. Her crush came as a result of Naruto inspiring her to improve herself so it was actually secondary in part 1. But as she got more popular, this story is seemingly dropped in exchange for her swooning over Naruto or simply doing everything based around him. Hinata was always in love with Naruto, but in part 1 she had a life outside it.

    As for everyone else inspired by Naruto, when did I ever say she was the only one inspired by Naruto? I never said that. Which is why I didn't get why you brought this up. Hinata's not even the biggest changed person Naruto's made in the series.
    Yes that what I think about the same thing here. Also to put a rail in the spike that Hinata always get crap on alot like tripping on her feet and not getting back up. Hey I can say Karin did a better job at that then Hinata.

  16. #25566
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Thank you for explaining, I didn't have the slightest clue of what you were talking about, but you make a valid point about her character.

    No, you're misunderstanding, I said "the way how you said it" it only seemed as if you were saying Hinata was the only one. That is what I meant.

    Well she's certainly not the only one. And again, Hinata IMO is a character who's popularity just makes her come off as overrated. I still really like the character, but the fanbase gives her way to much credit sometimes. Interestingly I think Hinata is the only female in Naruto who can ever say they reached a somewhat "overrated" status. All the other kunoichi are severely underrated. But it's not all their fault. It's how the manga series used them or lack of using them.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  17. #25567
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Imo, Sakura has improved a bit in the "fangirl" department lately, but the fact that she still cared about Sasuke even after he tried to kill her is what rankles me tbh. Same goes for Karin, who is even worse in the regard.
    Its not in Sakura's personality not to care for her comrades. She's a "kind" girl. What I know so far. Sakura only view Sasuke as a friend. After all the crimes he committed, after all the times he hurt her. She still forgave him because she wants Team 7 together again.

  18. #25568
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Its not in Sakura's personality not to care for her comrades. She's a "kind" girl. What I know so far. Sakura only view Sasuke as a friend. After all the crimes he committed, after all the times he hurt her. She still forgave him because she wants Team 7 together again.
    Tell that to part 1 Naruto, when Sakura started as a shallow bully to him like the rest of Konoha. You'd think someone who was bullied herself wouldn't be so quick to pick on someone else, but Sakura was just as nasty as the other Naruto haters in Konoha. Nothing "kind" about that. Just saying :P
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  19. #25569
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Tell that to part 1 Naruto, when Sakura started as a shallow bully to him like the rest of Konoha. You'd think someone who was bullied herself wouldn't be so quick to pick on someone else, but Sakura was just as nasty as the other Naruto haters in Konoha. Nothing "kind" about that. Just saying :P
    “And Sakura… ... You're a kind girl”- by Kakashi xP

    I don't remember her ever bullying him. She was just really annoyed by him. If you seriously think that Sakura abuses Naruto then go read different anime, you'll be surprised at how common tsunderes smacks the hero. Its a thing in Japan. There's an expression called "played for laughs" "comic relief" .. gotta love the NaruSaku dynamic.

  20. #25570
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    “And Sakura… ... You're a kind girl”- by Kakashi xP

    I don't remember her ever bullying him. She was just really annoyed by him. If you seriously think that Sakura abuses Naruto then go read different anime, you'll be surprised at how common tsunderes smacks the hero. Its a thing in Japan. There's an expression called "played for laughs" "comic relief" .. gotta love the NaruSaku dynamic.
    Oh I can name a few instances. Sakura beat up Naruto in her introduction after he kissed Sasuke, told him to his face she hated him and he makes her sick, rooted for Sasuke to "give Naruto what he deserves" in their sparring, that means a beating, and was just as nasty as all the other Konoha jerks. She got nicer of course once she got to actually know Naruto, but she started off like every other jerk to Naruto. Sakura herself admitted she was mean to Naruto at first during his Kiba fight. So Sakura's no angel. At least she didn't start off as one.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  21. #25571
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,686

    Default

    Kakashi's Kamui Shuriken and Kamui Raikiri techniques were pretty cool, but Sakura attacking Kaguya and proving herself useful was the new chapter's highlight imo.

  22. #25572
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Oh I can name a few instances. Sakura beat up Naruto in her introduction after he kissed Sasuke, told him to his face she hated him and he makes her sick, rooted for Sasuke to "give Naruto what he deserves" in their sparring, that means a beating, and was just as nasty as all the other Konoha jerks. She got nicer of course once she got to actually know Naruto, but she started off like every other jerk to Naruto. Sakura herself admitted she was mean to Naruto at first during his Kiba fight. So Sakura's no angel. At least she didn't start off as one.
    Normally I don't try to butt in... but neither was Kushina. She straight up told Naruto she use to think of his father as totally unreliable when they were kids and we know she was quite violent. We also know she was likely strict with Minato too as we learn when he compares that personality to Sakura. And just for the heck of it, those "Sakura Beating" never really leave a permanent effect on Naruto, it's just used for Slap Stick. Kinda like the NaruSasu kiss was just for humor's sake.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  23. #25573
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,358

    Default

    Sakura does something!...for once!

    ...Is it over? Is she finally gone? I doubt it.

  24. #25574
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,457

    Default

    I like Kamui Raikiri. The parallels between now and Obito's first "death" are pretty awe-inspiring (for example, this is the second time Kakashi received Obito's Sharingan as a gift, and the second time it improved his signature move). It's cool that after everything that's happened, Obito went back to helping Kakashi and in turn the world.

    I might be the only one to say this, but I think Sakura's help at the end there was forced and extremely unsatisfying. She spends the entire series attempting to catch up, kind of accomplishing it but usually in a half-assed way plot-wise, then falling seriously behind again, rinse and repeat ad nauseam. And now finally at the end of the series, Kishimoto has to sort of throw her into the mix despite the obvious discrepancy between her and the rest of them (even Kakashi now), just because he has to go full circle and get Team 7 back to form so he can prove his whole teamwork motif. I don't mind teamwork being the moral of the Naruto series, but I'm not gonna lie, seeing Sakura mention being a woman and then pretending to help (okay fine she did help... I guess) was cringe-worthy for me. Pretty sad. Sigh.

    Other than that, I'm excited to see how the series ends (if this really is the end).

  25. #25575
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    306

    Default

    oh my finally we're getting somewhere.

    is this really the end of naruto oml I kinda doubt it but you never know
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Page 1023 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 23923973101310191020102110221023102410251026102710331073 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •