Page 1028 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 28928978101810241025102610271028102910301031103210381078 ... LastLast
Results 25,676 to 25,700 of 27165

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #25676
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,457

    Default

    I think I agree with Platinum fan here. In my opinion, Karin going back to Sasuke was one of the consequences of Kishi's disorganization and urgency to finish the story. It did seem like he had special plans with Karin and maybe even Sasuke himself. But in the end, after pushing Sasuke to decide to join the heroes' effort against Madara, I think he scrapped whatever he was planning and reassembled Taka for the war. It seems pretty clear to me that he had built up Sasuke vs. Karin mostly for Sasuke's sake, to build him up into more of a villain, and probably to give Karin a different storyline in Konoha. What I'm wondering is why he wanted Taka together again at the battlefield. My guess is that he wanted everyone important to the story to be a part of the end, since he no longer had special plans for Karin. Hence bringing her to the front line and having that Naruto/Sasuke - Sakura/Karin scene.

    I also think Kishi's just effing with everyone with all the ridiculous love triangles all over the place just to keep things "interesting." So we probably shouldn't take any of this too seriously.
    Last edited by Kamex; 27th August 2014 at 7:09 PM.

  2. #25677
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I know she's not the best written character and she has so many waisted potential. She's more of a comic relief character imo. My problem is that the people like to harp on scenes like the tongue scene or whatever. People start to forget the context of those scenes and assume they actually happened, when in fact they were merely Karin’s private thoughts. That’s why a lot of people view her as “obsessive” and “creepy”.
    That does not justify her disgusting act of keeping Sasuke's sweaty clothes or planning on "attacking him" while he was asleep.

    It's gross and reeks of rape-y undertones.

  3. #25678
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    I used to root for Karin back when she served a comedic relief role along with Suigetsu, but now she's just a bad character with a sad crush on her would-be murderer. She's basically like Sakura, except that Sakura can at least do stuff other than fawn over Sasuke occasionally.

  4. #25679
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I used to root for Karin back when she served a comedic relief role along with Suigetsu, but now she's just a bad character with a sad crush on her would-be murderer. She's basically like Sakura, except that Sakura can at least do stuff other than fawn over Sasuke occasionally.
    Sakura doesn't fawn over Sasuke though...

  5. #25680
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Sakura doesn't fawn over Sasuke though...
    She's done it since Part 1 and we've only gotten a break from that recently because she and the others have bigger problems at the moment than romantic yearning.
    Last edited by Lorde; 27th August 2014 at 9:21 PM.

  6. #25681
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I used to root for Karin back when she served a comedic relief role along with Suigetsu, but now she's just a bad character with a sad crush on her would-be murderer. She's basically like Sakura, except that Sakura can at least do stuff other than fawn over Sasuke occasionally.
    Sometimes I wonder if people read the same manga. Do you honestly think Sakura still fawn over Sasuke? It seems that you don't understand Sakura at all. Sakura is such a complex character and only few people can understand her. Also, Hinata is just like Karin. Only thing different is that Hinata has an innocent personality which prevents her from getting criticized.

  7. #25682
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    She's done it since Part 1 and we've only gotten a break from that recently because she and the others have bigger problems at the moment than romantic yearning.
    We've only gotten it in Part 1. In Part 2, she hasn't done it. I seriously don't know why you're saying she has when she hasn't. :/

  8. #25683
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if people read the same manga. Do you honestly think Sakura still fawn over Sasuke? It seems that you don't understand Sakura at all. Sakura is such a complex character and only few people can understand her. Also, Hinata is just like Karin. Only thing different is that Hinata has an innocent personality which prevents her from getting criticized.
    I don't see how she's "complex." She still has feelings for the guy who tried to kill her, making her just like Karin, and Karin is as basic as they come. Sakura's only redeeming quality is her healing abilities in my opinion and her super strength which is useful in combat, even if she's essentially a mini-Tsunade with much less charm as a result.

  9. #25684
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I don't see how she's "complex." She still has feelings for the guy who tried to kill her, making her just like Karin, and Karin is as basic as they come. Sakura's only redeeming quality is her healing abilities in my opinion and her super strength which is useful in combat, even if she's essentially a mini-Tsunade with much less charm as a result.
    Please provide the chapter and its page number where it proves that Sakura is still in love with Sasuke.

  10. #25685
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Please provide the chapter and its page number where it proves that Sakura is still in love with Sasuke.
    Likewise, can you provide the chapter where it proves that Sakura made the conscious decision that she isn't still in love with Sasuke? Because she's had feelings for him from the start and unless I missed her life-changing decision to give up on her crush for good, I don't see why her love for him would suddenly disappear altogether. :x

  11. #25686
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    Please provide the chapter and its page number where it proves that Sakura is still in love with Sasuke.
    I hate to butt in on this but if you want a chapter it's chapter 540. Random ninja hits on Sakura, she says she has someone else. The ninja says he must be a good guy if Sakura loves him, and Sakura thinks of Sasuke. This is during the war and after he attempted to kill her. Not trying to get on this between you guys, but there is a chapter on it.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  12. #25687
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    But don't forget that Sakura is not happy being in love with Sasuke so it not to bad

  13. #25688
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Likewise, can you provide the chapter where it proves that Sakura made the conscious decision that she isn't still in love with Sasuke? Because she's had feelings for him from the start and unless I missed her life-changing decision to give up on her crush for good, I don't see why her love for him would suddenly disappear altogether. :x
    That's impossible since there is no chapter. Saying she still is/isn't when we have no solid proof can backfire, which is why even I didn't say she fell out of love with him. I'm also going by with what Kishimoto said in the databooks, Kishimoto states that Sakura is currently in the process of sorting out her feelings between Naruto who has always been there for her and the Uchiha who abandoned her and her childhood friend has matured faster than she ever expected. It causes her heart to beat faster. Yep, it's out-dated, but no where in it says she loves Sasuke, unless I skipped something and going by the recent chapters, it's not looking like she is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I hate to butt in on this but if you want a chapter it's chapter 540. Random ninja hits on Sakura, she says she has someone else. The ninja says he must be a good guy if Sakura loves him, and Sakura thinks of Sasuke. This is during the war and after he attempted to kill her. Not trying to get on this between you guys, but there is a chapter on it.
    Yes, I'm aware of that chapter. One could see that as she is still in love with him, but when Kakashi told Sakura in chapter 675 that her feelings for him may have been different and still wants to save him from the darkness it says otherwise, but Kakashi isn't Sakura, so he can't speak for her. So, it's still up for debated.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 27th August 2014 at 9:56 PM.

  14. #25689
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    The fact that she's starting to realize her feelings for Naruto is a proof that she isn't in love with Sasuke anymore. Kishi is setting that up in the background. Sometimes people have to read between the lines.
    Last edited by besho; 27th August 2014 at 10:04 PM.

  15. #25690
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    That's impossible since there is no chapter. Saying she still is/isn't when we have no solid proof can backfire, which is why even I didn't say she fell out of love with him. I'm also going by with what Kishimoto said in the databooks, Kishimoto states that Sakura is currently in the process of sorting out her feelings between Naruto who has always been there for her and the Uchiha who abandoned her and her childhood friend has matured faster than she ever expected. It causes her heart to beat faster. Yep, it's out-dated, but no where in it says she loves Sasuke, unless I skipped something and going by the recent chapters, it's not looking like she is.


    Yes, I'm aware of that chapter. One could see that as she is still in love with him, but when Kakashi told Sakura in chapter 675 that her feelings for him may have been different and still wants to save him from the darkness it says otherwise, but Kakashi isn't Sakura, so he can't speak for her. So, it's still up for debated.
    Until we get 100% proof of Sakura no longer in love with Sasuke, I'm going to assume she still is. What I just told you in chapter 540 is a hint. She was also upset that Sasuke didn't care that she got stabbed or something. Not really a love hint, but Kishi bothered to put that in the Kaguya fight. I'll never understand why Sakura loves Sasuke. It's not like they were even that great of friends. Whatever.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  16. #25691
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Until we get 100% proof of Sakura no longer in love with Sasuke, I'm going to assume she still is. What I just told you in chapter 540 is a hint. She was also upset that Sasuke didn't care that she got stabbed or something. Not really a love hint, but Kishi bothered to put that in the Kaguya fight. I'll never understand why Sakura loves Sasuke. It's not like they were even that great of friends. Whatever.
    That's fine by me, I'm not forcing you to believe she's not. I just dislike how people claim she is and the recent chapters are going all different directions with these ships.

  17. #25692
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Until we get 100% proof of Sakura no longer in love with Sasuke, I'm going to assume she still is.
    That's how I see it as well. I really loathe the shipping aspect of the manga though; I could care less about who Sakura's love interest will be when the series ends; it doesn't change the fact that she's been practically useless for the majority of Part 2 and only had moments of glory against Sasori (who she had help with) and parts of the war imo.

  18. #25693
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    That's how I see it as well. I really loathe the shipping aspect of the manga though; I could care less about who Sakura's love interest will be when the series ends; it doesn't change the fact that she's been practically useless for the majority of Part 2 and only had moments of glory against Sasori (who she had help with) and parts of the war imo.
    B'ah. Sakura useless? That's madness, are you trying to stir things up, because it seems like you are.

  19. #25694
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    That's how I see it as well. I really loathe the shipping aspect of the manga though; I could care less about who Sakura's love interest will be when the series ends; it doesn't change the fact that she's been practically useless for the majority of Part 2 and only had moments of glory against Sasori (who she had help with) and parts of the war imo.

    Useless? I'm so done. She's the only member of team 7 without some form of power from an outside source. She trained her a** off to become powerful and now look at her. By her own devices, she's now at the level where she can help save the world. This makes her far more superior than Tsunade. If she never does anything else in the series, you've got to hand it to Sakura that she never wallowed in self pity and sat around waiting for a bull sh*t power up to contribute. But that doesn’t mean you have to like Sakura, in any case. I’m not trying to convince you that you should. I just hope you’ll think about how you choose to criticize her, but no one can take the fact that she's the ONLY member of team 7 who wholey earned her power.

  20. #25695
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Useless? I'm so done. She's the only member of team 7 without some form of power from an outside source. She trained her a** off to become powerful and now look at her. By her own devices, she's now at the level where she can help save the world. This makes her far more superior than Tsunade. If she never does anything else in the series, you've got to hand it to Sakura that she never wallowed in self pity and sat around waiting for a bull sh*t power up to contribute. But that doesn’t mean you have to like Sakura, in any case. I’m not trying to convince you that you should. I just hope you’ll think about how you choose to criticize her, but no one can take the fact that she's the ONLY member of team 7 who wholey earned her power.
    I won't argue about how useful Sakura is. But your last statement is very debatable. Naruto had to overcome chakra handicaps because of how Kyuubi meshed with his system. Sakura was a natural born chakra user. Naruto worked way harder then Sakura ever did to become the shinobi he is today. The only cheap power up Naruto got was through the Sage of Six paths. Sage Mode he worked hard to obtain. Summoning the toads. He worked hard to obtain. Rasengan took a entire arc. And another arc to learn how to wind change it. Even his Kyuubi/Biju Mode, he had to battle Kyuubi inside himself to gain that power. Naruto's not perfect, but he has earned his spot as one of the strongest shinobi of his era.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  21. #25696
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Useless? I'm so done. She's the only member of team 7 without some form of power from an outside source. She trained her a** off to become powerful and now look at her. By her own devices, she's now at the level where she can help save the world. This makes her far more superior than Tsunade. If she never does anything else in the series, you've got to hand it to Sakura that she never wallowed in self pity and sat around waiting for a bull sh*t power up to contribute. But that doesn’t mean you have to like Sakura, in any case. I’m not trying to convince you that you should. I just hope you’ll think about how you choose to criticize her, but no one can take the fact that she's the ONLY member of team 7 who wholey earned her power.
    She trained off-screen while Naruto has been the only member of Team 7 who has done a sufficient amount of on-screen training throughout the series. Naruto's power-ups up until he got The Sage of Six Paths' powers were at least somewhat realistic given the fact that he was shown working hard to perfect his new jutsu, which is something that Sakura has never been shown doing on a regular basis with her Tsunade abilities. :x
    Last edited by Lorde; 27th August 2014 at 11:54 PM.

  22. #25697
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Useless? I'm so done. She's the only member of team 7 without some form of power from an outside source.
    That's part of why she's so useless lol. It may not be fair, but sometimes when everyone around you is a Super Saiyan or crazy new alien threat, there's nothing you can do but stand by being Yamcha (so to speak). Or at least, that's how it was most of the series until Sakura's final punch which came out of nowhere.

    She trained her a** off to become powerful and now look at her. By her own devices, she's now at the level where she can help save the world. This makes her far more superior than Tsunade. If she never does anything else in the series, you've got to hand it to Sakura that she never wallowed in self pity and sat around waiting for a bull sh*t power up to contribute. But that doesn’t mean you have to like Sakura, in any case. I’m not trying to convince you that you should. I just hope you’ll think about how you choose to criticize her, but no one can take the fact that she's the ONLY member of team 7 who wholey earned her power.
    She's not at Kaguya's level at all though, other than her healing thingy she's pretty much the same as she's been for most of Part II. Not sure how the story can justify her still being around for this final battle, at least Kakashi has his new, gifted, hax eyes. I'm not saying that everyone deserves a power-up every other arc to keep things interesting without much back-story/context or hard work, but you can't deny the principles and facts that the series has created and held up, so that sucks for Sakura. Also, people already covered this, but there's absolutely no way Sakura's worked harder than Naruto with her training. Maybe not even as hard as Sasuke, despite his natural talents.
    Last edited by Kamex; 28th August 2014 at 1:45 AM.

  23. #25698
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I won't argue about how useful Sakura is. But your last statement is very debatable. Naruto had to overcome chakra handicaps because of how Kyuubi meshed with his system. Sakura was a natural born chakra user. Naruto worked way harder then Sakura ever did to become the shinobi he is today. The only cheap power up Naruto got was through the Sage of Six paths. Sage Mode he worked hard to obtain. Summoning the toads. He worked hard to obtain. Rasengan took a entire arc. And another arc to learn how to wind change it. Even his Kyuubi/Biju Mode, he had to battle Kyuubi inside himself to gain that power. Naruto's not perfect, but he has earned his spot as one of the strongest shinobi of his era.
    Omg. Why did this argument turned into a Sakura vs Naruto now?? I wouldn't dare to compare anyone to Naruto's development. He's the strongest and the most developed character in Naruto and nobody can argue that. The show is called Naruto after all. My point is that She is just a normal girl, who has grown so much. And one of the main points of her character is being powerful without being born into a powerful clan or have any special abilities of her own. She didn't need that to be all that she can be. She killed an akatsuki and punched Kaguya WITHOUTany haxed powers. Unlike Naruto and Sasuke whom had to rely on their natural talents.



    She trained off-screen while Naruto has been the only member of Team 7 who has done a sufficient amount of on-screen training throughout the series. Naruto's power-ups up until he got The Sage of Six Paths' powers were at least somewhat realistic given the fact that he was shown working hard to perfect his new jutsu, which is something that Sakura has never been shown doing on a regular basis with her Tsunade abilities. :x
    She trained off-screen, so what? it doesn't change the fact that Sakura by now has fully mastered the skills Tsunade imparted to her. This indicates that Sakura is indeed superior or equal to Tsunade at this point. Having similar skills doesn't make her a "clone". Going by your logic, Hinata is also a Niji clone. Naruto is a Jiraya clone because he can master the rasengan just like him? Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by besho; 28th August 2014 at 2:09 AM.

  24. #25699
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    She trained off-screen, so what? it doesn't change the fact that Sakura by now has fully mastered the skills Tsunade imparted to her. This indicates that Sakura is indeed superior or equal to Tsunade at this point. Having similar skills doesn't make her a "clone". Going by your logic, Hinata is also a Niji clone. Naruto is a Jiraya clone because he can master the rasengan just like him? Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.
    Yes, that could be argued. I never said that they weren't clones of other characters to some extent, but that doesn't exactly save Sakura from critcism either. :x

  25. #25700
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    DBZ levels
    Naruto is Goku, Sasuke is Vegeta, Sakura is Krillin (or Tienshinhan if you decide to add GT). Calling her a Yamcha is a major disgrace to her character development. A Yamcha would be the Elvis wannabe that Ino was hired to pretend and marry in one of the fillers from OG Naruto.

    Sakura may not outright show her love for Sasuke anymore like Karin still does, but you can tell she still has feelings for him. Why, just look at the manga right now. It's all about being subtle and leaving slight hints. Even Naruto told her she was lying to herself when she said she loved him. Sakura is almost Kushina 2.0. Go look it up, someone has made a comparison. Anger issues, inner anger, hair going up when they're furious, cutting their hair to save themselves, etc. Kushina also told Naruto to marry someone who's like her. Connect the pieces, and BAM! NaruSaku confirmed. Of course, he could just be trolling NaruSaku fans, which I'd be fine with. NaruHina all the way!

    As for her powers... Yeah, she's useless against Kaguya. Your medical skills aren't gonna help you when one hit from Kaguya equals instant death. Fists that hit like trucks? Pfftt so what? Look at what Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, and Kaguya have. They have long ranged attacks that are far more lethal. Not discrediting all her training, as she did well for someone who does not have any special bloodline traits (at least not that we know of yet). Tsunade has Senju and Uzumaki DNA, so of course she's going to be more powerful than Sakura. When you're fighting a God, it's 100% fine if you're worthless. Unless you have Plot no Jutsu on your back and is granted with Ultimate Chikara no Jutsu, it's best to just sit back, relax, and watch the main characters do the fighting
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Page 1028 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 28928978101810241025102610271028102910301031103210381078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •