Page 1029 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 2992997910191025102610271028102910301031103210331039 ... LastLast
Results 25,701 to 25,725 of 26165

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Yes, that could be argued. I never said that they weren't clones of other characters to some extent, but that doesn't exactly save Sakura from critcism either. :x
    Whatever, you have the right to state your opinion, and I respect that.
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu, TomoNagi

Lol..

You really CAN'T criticize Sakura and company, just like you couldn't criticize Krillin and company in DBZ. That's because the characters who AREN'T part of a famous / powerful clan like the Uzumaki or Uchiha (Saiyans) are apparently incapable of becoming that powerful on their own because they don't have the correct bloondlines (human). The only basis you have for comparison are to characters of like strength; such as Vegeta and Goku, or Sakura and, say, TenTen.

Why didn't we get a new chapter today anyway? Is WSJ on break again?

She trained off-screen while Naruto has been the only member of Team 7 who has done a sufficient amount of on-screen training throughout the series. Naruto's power-ups up until he got The Sage of Six Paths' powers were at least somewhat realistic given the fact that he was shown working hard to perfect his new jutsu, which is something that Sakura has never been shown doing on a regular basis with her Tsunade abilities. :x
    Okay, let me get this straight. You say Sakura has trained off-screen and Naruto has done a decent amount of on-screen, but then you say Sakura hasn't been shown trying to improve herself. Your post contradicts itself. And even if she did train off screen, it doesn't make her less than a fighter or a "useful" character. Learning the Byakugou isn't a small feat, Shizune, the first student of Tsunade, who's one of the best Medical Ninjas in the series couldn't master it. Only Sakura and Tsunade were able to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    That's part of why she's so useless lol. It may not be fair, but sometimes when everyone around you is a Super Saiyan or crazy new alien threat, there's nothing you can do but stand by being Yamcha (so to speak). Or at least, that's how it was most of the series until Sakura's final punch which came out of nowhere.
    For starters, this is Naruto, not Dragon Ball Z. I'm not even going to get on that. Next, going your logic, everyone in Konoha 11 is useless, right? Even if she wasn't given godly powers, she still assisted in the fight against Kaguya. Saving Sasuke and delivering a punch to Kaguya. I don't know how that makes her useless. (>.>)

Also, people already covered this, but there's absolutely no way Sakura's worked harder than Naruto with her training. Maybe not even as hard as Sasuke, despite his natural talents.
    besho didn't say Sakura worked harder than Naruto though. She said Sakura worked hard to get where she is and people twisted it around as usual. But, like I mentioned before, the Byakugou isn't easy to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    DBZ levels
    Naruto is Goku, Sasuke is Vegeta, Sakura is Android #18
    I'd be fine if it was like that, but if she was compared to Krillin, she'd be the strongest out of everyone who didn't have godly powers.

Sakura may not outright show her love for Sasuke anymore like Karin still does, but you can tell she still has feelings for him. Why, just look at the manga right now. It's all about being subtle and leaving slight hints. Even Naruto told her she was lying to herself when she said she loved him. Sakura is almost Kushina 2.0. Go look it up, someone has made a comparison. Anger issues, inner anger, hair going up when they're furious, cutting their hair to save themselves, etc. Kushina also told Naruto to marry someone who's like her. Connect the pieces, and BAM! NaruSaku confirmed. Of course, he could just be trolling NaruSaku fans, which I'd be fine with. NaruHina all the way!
    This post rubs me the wrong way. But, I love your attempt in bringing up the confession, I mean NaruHina seems like it'll totally happen after Kaguya's defeat, even if it has little to no development.
    Fists that hit like trucks? Pfftt so what?
    Yet, the God, Kaguya got mollywhopped by the useless Sakura who has fists that hit like trucks.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 28th August 2014 at 2:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agility View Post
    Lol..

You really CAN'T criticize Sakura and company, just like you couldn't criticize Krillin and company in DBZ. That's because the characters who AREN'T part of a famous / powerful clan like the Uzumaki or Uchiha (Saiyans) are apparently incapable of becoming that powerful on their own because they don't have the correct bloondlines (human). The only basis you have for comparison are to characters of like strength; such as Vegeta and Goku, or Sakura and, say, TenTen.
    Doesn't mean that you still can't be an excellent fighter if you don't have a special bloodline. It doesn't seem like the Sarutobi Clan is anything special, but it seems Hiruzen at his prime would have been able to go toe to toe with Hashi/Tobirama. Minato too, and he became Hokage really young, and was feared as the Yellow Flash of the Leaf.

Why didn't we get a new chapter today anyway? Is WSJ on break again?
    It seems they're going to be strict on distribution from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama View Post
    I'd be fine if it was like that, but if she was compared to Krillin, she'd be the strongest out of everyone who didn't have godly powers.

This post rubs me the wrong way. But, I love your attempt in bringing up the confession, I mean NaruHina seems like it'll totally happen after Kaguya's defeat, even if it has little to no development.

Yet, the God, Kaguya got mollywhopped by the useless Sakura who has fists that hit like trucks.
    Yup, my bad. Completely forgot about Kakashi and everyone else. Sakura is nowhere near the strongest not Naruto/Sasuke ninja alive right now.

Kishi is trying to mirror Kushina with Sakura. Is this his way of telling us it's going to end with NaruSaku? Maybe, maybe not. Hinata did influence Naruto on his "Ninja Way", and her getting fatally wounded from the Pain fight did leave to the 9th tail being finally released. Whichever one it is, I won't be disappointed. I've already been disappointed earlier this year in Kyoryuger when Daigo hooked up with Amy instead of stalker Yayoi.

If Kaguya was a normal ninja, sure. But the point is, in the fight against Kaguya, she's useful to make a bit of a distraction, but not really an important asset. One of Naruto's clones could have done the job, and have close to the same result. It's like bringing a rock to a gun fight. Sure, you could throw it and deal a bit of pain, but that's not gonna kill them (unless the shooter opens his mouth and chokes on it, but that's different). Plus, she can't die. The goal of the fight is to seal her, not kill her. Only Naruto and Sasuke have the means to do. If Sakura dies (which she won't, as she's protected by plot), then no biggie. She's expandable in this fight.
    Last edited by SazandoraIsAwesome; 28th August 2014 at 3:16 AM.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Kishi is trying to mirror Kushina with Sakura. Is this his way of telling us it's going to end with NaruSaku? Maybe, maybe not.
    Yes and no, though I won't speak about NaruSaku. Parallels really don't confirm anything in Naruto, I mean, was Tsunade in love with Orochimaru like Sakura was with Sasuke? And there's Naruto and Yahiko, etc. They're parallels, not direct copies.
    Hinata did influence Naruto on his "Ninja Way"
    I might be reading this wrong, but wasn't it the other way around. Hinata picked up Naruto's nindo and used it as her own, right? Or she just had the same as him?
    and her getting fatally wounded from the Pain fight did leave to the 9th tail being finally released. Whichever one it is, I won't be disappointed.
    Well, Hinata's a friend of Naruto and he believed she was another victim of Pain. Not only that, it was right in front of him, we all know how emotional Naruto is.

One of Naruto's clones could have done the job, and have close to the same result.
    The jolly thing about it was that it wasn't Naruto's clone and it was the pink haired kunoichi delivering a smashing punch to the almighty Rabbit Goddess.
    It's like bringing a rock to a gun fight.
    I'd bring one....
    Sure, you could throw it and deal a bit of pain, but that's not gonna kill them (unless the shooter opens his mouth and chokes on it, but that's different).
    Well damn.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Omg. Why did this argument turned into a Sakura vs Naruto now?? I wouldn't dare to compare anyone to Naruto's development. He's the strongest and the most developed character in Naruto and nobody can argue that. The show is called Naruto after all. My point is that She is just a normal girl, who has grown so much. And one of the main points of her character is being powerful without being born into a powerful clan or have any special abilities of her own. She didn't need that to be all that she can be. She killed an akatsuki and punched Kaguya WITHOUTany haxed powers. Unlike Naruto and Sasuke whom had to rely on their natural talents.

She trained off-screen, so what? it doesn't change the fact that Sakura by now has fully mastered the skills Tsunade imparted to her. This indicates that Sakura is indeed superior or equal to Tsunade at this point. Having similar skills doesn't make her a "clone". Going by your logic, Hinata is also a Niji clone. Naruto is a Jiraya clone because he can master the rasengan just like him? Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.
    Sakura is said to be naturally talented in chakra control. So it's not like she had a disadvantage and turned it into a positive like Naruto and Rock Lee. It's said she had better chakra control then both Naruto and Sasuke. Now this is out of date but it's been said. As far as Sakura punching Kaguya, she did that and it was impressive. But she did it while Kaguya was dodging Naruto and Sasuke. Let's not try and make this out like she outsped Kaguya or equally matched her in anything. Anybody in that same situation could have ambushed Kaguya if Naruto and Sasuke were backing them up. I'm glad Sakura got to do something, but I'm going to keep saying this, it doesn't elevate her level any higher then it already was. Also which Akatsuki member did Sakura kill? It was not Sasori. Sasori got killed by Chiyo's puppets that resembled his parents. Sakura didn't kill Sasori, so who is this mystery Akatsuki member she killed?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Yes and no, though I won't speak about NaruSaku. Parallels really don't confirm anything in Naruto, I mean, was Tsunade in love with Orochimaru like Sakura was with Sasuke? And there's Naruto and Yahiko, etc. They're parallels, not direct copies.
    Well, of course. Sakura's not an Uzumaki, nor was brought to the Leaf to be the next Jinchuuriki for Kurama. Likewise, Sasuke isn't a creepo pale snake man thing, nor is Naruto from the Rain. Still, Obito and Yahiko and Naruto all have had the same goal, yet only Naruto was the one to break free from becoming evil in the process. So while Sakura mirrors Kushina, there's also a chance that Naruto won't care, and go for Hinata instead.
    I might be reading this wrong, but wasn't it the other way around. Hinata picked up Naruto's nindo and used it as her own, right? Or she just had the same as him?
    Yeah, nvm, I think it was Naruto who inspired Hinata, and then it was after the Neji vs Hinata fight that she inspired him to be better. I stand corrected.

Well, Hinata's a friend of Naruto and he believed she was another victim of Pain. Not only that, it was right in front of him, we all know how emotional Naruto is.
    Something something about Neji lol...... It still hurts, especially since Rock Lee SD was still airing, and he was still alive there (the manga published way before he died though)

The jolly thing about it was that it wasn't Naruto's clone and it was the pink haired kunoichi delivering a smashing punch to the almighty Rabbit Goddess.
    If this was Part 1, Naruto would have down kicked her face in. Ahh part 1, back when Pervy Jiraiya was still alive

I'd bring one....

Well damn.
    Yeah... Imagine it, and be terrified. Eeeeeeecccch eeeegggh or however you spell a dying man's gagging sound
    (Don't imagine it. It's going to scar you)
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Chapter is out.

Well, of course. Sakura's not an Uzumaki, nor was brought to the Leaf to be the next Jinchuuriki for Kurama. Likewise, Sasuke isn't a creepo pale snake man thing, nor is Naruto from the Rain. Still, Obito and Yahiko and Naruto all have had the same goal, yet only Naruto was the one to break free from becoming evil in the process. So while Sakura mirrors Kushina, there's also a chance that Naruto won't care, and go for Hinata instead.
    The ninja who never gives up, gives up on the girl he's liked since chapter 3 and goes for another and all of their conversations couldn't make two pages in a word document. I'm not so sure.

The victory seemed a bit rushed in my opinion, I thought Kaguya would have had a longer run as a villain, but oh well.

Damn im reading it

FINISHED OMG OMG OMG IS IT ****ING FINALLY OVER NO THIS ISN'T TRUE OHHHHHMMMYYYGOOOOOOOODDDDDD
    Last edited by justinjiaxinghu; 28th August 2014 at 3:21 PM.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Hagoromo looked quite shady..I'm not sure if it's over yet. Plus, Naruto still has to fight Sasuke.

Oh yeah about that. I don't really know man if they're really gonna fight. Perhaps they're gonna have a Co-Hokage thingy?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Even Naruto told her she was lying to herself when she said she loved him. Sakura is almost Kushina 2.0. Go look it up, someone has made a comparison. Anger issues, inner anger, hair going up when they're furious, cutting their hair to save themselves, etc. Kushina also told Naruto to marry someone who's like her. Connect the pieces, and BAM! NaruSaku confirmed. Of course, he could just be trolling NaruSaku fans, which I'd be fine with. NaruHina all the way!
    Kishi said the girl was honest, so you can relax now. There's also no need to bring up the confession, which you clearly don't understand.

there's also a chance that Naruto won't care, and go for Hinata instead.
    Yeah because zero development is a good writing.

Sakura is said to be naturally talented in chakra control. So it's not like she had a disadvantage and turned it into a positive like Naruto and Rock Lee. It's said she had better chakra control then both Naruto and Sasuke. Now this is out of date but it's been said. As far as Sakura punching Kaguya, she did that and it was impressive. But she did it while Kaguya was dodging Naruto and Sasuke. Let's not try and make this out like she outsped Kaguya or equally matched her in anything. Anybody in that same situation could have ambushed Kaguya if Naruto and Sasuke were backing them up. I'm glad Sakura got to do something, but I'm going to keep saying this, it doesn't elevate her level any higher then it already was. Also which Akatsuki member did Sakura kill? It was not Sasori. Sasori got killed by Chiyo's puppets that resembled his parents. Sakura didn't kill Sasori, so who is this mystery Akatsuki member she killed?
    You're trying way to hard to diminish every Sakura development. Its sad.

The victory seemed a bit rushed in my opinion, I thought Kaguya would have had a longer run as a villain, but oh well.
    I agree. It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Her motives for consolidating all chakra in the world and creating an army could have lead to something more. It feels "off", but I'm not freaking out about it. Well guess there is one good thing to this at last, THE WAR IS OVER. I hope..
    Last edited by besho; 28th August 2014 at 3:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Hagoromo looked quite shady..I'm not sure if it's over yet. Plus, Naruto still has to fight Sasuke.
    I agree, it gives me the funky feeling next chapter will be Shyamalaned, some other bizarre plot twist is on it's way.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Kishi said the girl was honest, so you can relax now. There's also no need to bring up the confession, which you clearly don't understand.

Yeah because zero development is a good writing.

You're trying way to hard to diminish every Sakura development. Its sad.

I agree. It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Her motives for consolidating all chakra in the world and creating an army could have lead to something more. It feels "off", but I'm not freaking out about it. Well guess there is one good thing to this at last, THE WAR IS OVER. I hope..
    Does this mean you're not going to tell me which Akatsuki she killed? Awww

Anyway the latest chapter...meh. A crappy end to a crappy war arc. This has got to be the worst Naruto arc to ever happen. So many rushed plots, so many BS moves like Orochimaru getting his arms back, his revival in general, Sasuke suddenly putting a end to his hatred for Konoha without even a single fight for it. Ugh this was like 100 different Naruto fanfics rolled into one big mess. And Trolldara's body being there annoys me because he could still be alive. I don't care at all for him being redeemed! I suppose now all that's left is for everyone to wake up and get the new Sannin suckup moment this entire Kaguya fight has been leading up to. The only thing I liked was Zabuza and Haku being remembered by Naruto. Those were the good ole days. I need a serious Naruto vacation for awhile. This arc drained me.

Sage of the Six Paths: You saved the world! FOR MY SUDDEN BUT INEVITABLE BETRAYAL!

Naruto: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Holy **** that was the most anti-climactic ending.

Part of me is glad that Kaguya is gone but most of me is angry that she wasn't a more satisfying final villain. Unless Madara miraculously comes back to life. Even the Hokages were irrelevant cause they could have just been ghost summoned by the Sage of Six Paths.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Finally. The war has come to an end. I wouldn't worry about the Sage becoming a last minute villain. I'm sure Kishimoto has the sense not to do the same thingthree times in a row. I wonder what the sage has to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Does this mean you're not going to tell me which Akatsuki she killed? Awww

Lol woah woah Lets not get too far. Denying Sakura's presence in a fight against the Akatsuki is really sad on your end. All I see from you is the same notion of Sakura's character from Part 1. If that was the case she would just be standing around and doing nothing, but did she no. It's just like Sakura said at the end of Part I "I will get stronger no matter what." Clearly that was shown in the fight against Sasori, and she gave it her all to take him down. Chiyo wouldn't take Sasori alone if it wasn't for Sakura's help.
    Last edited by besho; 28th August 2014 at 5:33 PM.

Lol wo wo Lets not get too far. Denying Sakura's presence in a fight against the Akatsuki is really sad on your end. All I see from you is the same notion of Sakura's character from Part 1. If that was the case she would just be standing around and doing nothing, but did she no. It's just like Sakura said at the end of Part I "I will get stronger no matter what." Clearly that was shown in the fight against Sasori, and she gave it her all to take him down. Chiyo wouldn't take Sasori alone if it wasn't for Sakura's help.
    Well I hate to be the big stormy cloud you're making me out to be. I have no problem with Sakura, but I'm not going to pretend she's one of the best. I wouldn't even put her in the top 5 Konoha elites. Top 10, sure she'd fit there. You probably think I hate Sakura. I don't. I don't deny her credit in the Sasori fight, but she didn't kill the man. If you think she did, you need to reread that chapter. Chiyo did, and even she said Sasori should have won this fight. Sakura was great in that fight and it showed she greatly improved, but she did not kill Sasori. That's the only point I'm trying to make there. Not trying to rain on her parade but I won't make stuff up to elevate her either.

By the way, your comment about her standing around and doing nothing. Other then Sasori and this last stretch of the war arc, Sakura still stands in the background doing either very little or nothing. The Sasori fight and her punching random Juubi monsters in the war have been like her only action scenes in part 2. It's a improve over part 1, but beyond that she just sticks to healing. I think it's a crime what kishi's done with Sakura. If he was going to pull her forehead powerup BS, he could have at least given us some scenes of Naruto meeting Sakura in the middle of her training, have her keep it secret, give us subtle hints that something big is coming with Sakura, maybe have Tsunade ask her "How's the training going?" every once in awhile. Instead it comes out of nowhere and feels even worse then Sasuke's powerups.

Still, I don't hate Sakura. I know everyone on here probably thinks I do. But I don't play favorites when a character has a problem and other fans don't want to acknowledge it. Several of my true favorites in Naruto have flaws and BS moments that I call them out on too. So I'm not just picking on Sakura.

If he was going to pull her forehead powerup BS, he could have at least given us some scenes of Naruto meeting Sakura in the middle of her training
    How would this happen if Naruto was away from the village for 3 years?

And about the Chiyo and Sasori thing, it is true Chiyo delivered the final blow to Sasori, but Chiyo couldn't have done it without Sakura and Sakura couldn't have gotten as far as she did without Chiyo.

How would this happen if Naruto was away from the village for 3 years?

And about the Chiyo and Sasori thing, it is true Chiyo delivered the final blow to Sasori, but Chiyo couldn't have done it without Sakura and Sakura couldn't have gotten as far as she did without Chiyo.
    I believe I gave Sakura credit for her role. I just said she didn't kill Sasori. Yes, she helped Chiyo, and this was her moment of glory in part 2, but she didn't kill Sasori. That is all I'm trying to say. She helped defeat him, for sure. But did not kill him.

As for Sakura's training, you mean to tell me she only trained during the time Naruto was gone? If she was done with it by the time part 2 started, where the **** was it when Pain destroyed the village and Tsunade really could have used some help before Naruto arrived? Where was it when Team seven met Orochimaru, and Kabuto on the bridge disguised as Sasori? They could have had Sakura still training in part 2. Naruto met Sakura plenty of times in part 2 during their downtime with Sai. You could have had Sakura be tried from training and have Naruto ask her whats wrong, and she keeps her new training a secret. We had plenty of Tsunade and Sakura moments in part 2 as well. You could have had Tsunade ask Sakura how her progress with "that" justu was going and have Sakura give a vague response. Part 2 had plenty of chances to really build Sakura up into a true Sannin even if it's off screen. Instead we get her showing it off after Sasuke turns good to try and suddenly make her stand beside the two giants of the series with no buildup?

Once again, I'm not trying to beatup Sakura's character. I actually like Sakura more then you guys think. But this was poorly handled.

I believe I gave Sakura credit for her role. I just said she didn't kill Sasori. Yes, she helped Chiyo, and this was her moment of glory in part 2, but she didn't kill Sasori. That is all I'm trying to say. She helped defeat him, for sure. But did not kill him.
    Yeeeeeah, I never said Sakura killed Sasori. I just said they couldn't have done it without each other. I kind of don't know why you keep repeating yourself. ._.
    As for Sakura's training, you mean to tell me she only trained during the time Naruto was gone?
    Yes, it all happened while Naruto was away. Shizune confirmed that she was storing the chakra for three years.
    If she was done with it by the time part 2 started, where the **** was it when Pain destroyed the village
    Sakura had to abide by Tsunade's rules, meaning she couldn't go in the front lines at that time, and she respected Naruto's decision in fighting Pain alone. Not only that, she couldn't see what was going on, only Hinata and her bodyguard could see since they have the Byakugan.
    and Tsunade really could have used some help before Naruto arrived?
    Sakura was told by Iruka to heal the injured people in the hospital, she was doing her own thing.
    They could have had Sakura still training in part 2. Naruto met Sakura plenty of times in part 2 during their downtime with Sai. You could have had Sakura be tried from training and have Naruto ask her whats wrong, and she keeps her new training a secret. We had plenty of Tsunade and Sakura moments in part 2 as well. You could have had Tsunade ask Sakura how her progress with "that" justu was going and have Sakura give a vague response.
    It's not that type of training though, it's slowly conserving chakra into one point...
    Part 2 had plenty of chances to really build Sakura up into a true Sannin even if it's off screen. Instead we get her showing it off after Sasuke turns good to try and suddenly make her stand beside the two giants of the series with no buildup?
    It could have, but it didn't. And Sakura's not the only one who's a victim of this, Sasuke is as well, we've hardly seen Sasuke train, except when he was part of Team 7 and when he sparred the lives of Orochimaru's men before he absorbed him.

Once again, I'm not trying to beatup Sakura's character. I actually like Sakura more then you guys think. But this was poorly handled.
    You're doing a great job at it.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 28th August 2014 at 6:30 PM.

Sakura was great in that fight and it showed she greatly improved, but she did not kill Sasori. That's the only point I'm trying to make there.
    I'm aware of that. She didn't kill Sasori directly. My point is that she did have a moment of glory in that fight. My bad if my words weren't specified.

Page 1029 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 2992997910191025102610271028102910301031103210331039 ... LastLast