Page 1033 of 1074 FirstFirst ... 3393398310231029103010311032103310341035103610371043 ... LastLast
Results 25,801 to 25,825 of 26834

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Was Tobi really that strong? I mean what could he really do aside from teleport? His skills were mediocre at best imo, which is why I felt that Akatsuki died with Nagato since he was the strongest Akatsuki member imo.
    I guess you're right. But still, he seemed to be very proficient with Kamui, to the point that hardly anyone successfully hit him with anything before this arc (all I remember is Konan). So they both essentially couldn't be stopped for a long time. And I also meant that they were very influential and mysterious and important. Not to mention interesting.

But yeah, Pain was way more resourceful and had a full arsenal of different types of abilities, whereas Tobi was the complete opposite as a one-trick pony. So it does seem like Pain was a lot more powerful in battle, at least before Tobi stole his eyes.

When are we getting the new chapter, Thursday?

Was Tobi really that strong? I mean what could he really do aside from teleport? His skills were mediocre at best imo, which is why I felt that Akatsuki died with Nagato since he was the strongest Akatsuki member imo.
    Unless you intend to make a similar claim about Minato (who was also, barring the Hiraishin, rather run-of-the-mill), you're sorely underselling how powerful Space-Time Ninjutsu is.

Are we arguing that Tobi is stronger than Nagato, or just tough in general. Because i can't be convinced of the former

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Unless you intend to make a similar claim about Minato (who was also, barring the Hiraishin, rather run-of-the-mill), you're sorely underselling how powerful Space-Time Ninjutsu is.
    I don't buy Minato's hype either; his teleportation jutsu has flopped pretty badly ever since he was Edo Tensei'd imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Are we arguing that Tobi is stronger than Nagato, or just tough in general. Because i can't be convinced of the former
    Considering Nagato was already dying and trapped in that one place, I'd say Tobi wins.

I don't buy Minato's hype either; his teleportation jutsu has flopped pretty badly ever since he was Edo Tensei'd imo.
    He managed to teleport the entire Shinobi Alliance. He did it with help from the other Kages sure, but still impressive. Also, he was fighting a broken Madara with Rinnegan and Hashirama's DNA. And Naruto was then faster than him.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Considering Nagato was already dying and trapped in that one place, I'd say Tobi wins.
    I'm talking about a full powered Nagato, but even still Pain>tobi

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I can't speak for everybody, but I definitely wasn't; Pain>Tobi, absolutely (at the time they were both alive anyway; I'm a little more convinced of Tobi being stronger if we take the Rinnegan and his Six Paths into account). I was just arguing that Tobi isn't at all mediocre.

Minato doesn't really need hype to carry him, though; we've seen plenty of what he was capable of when he was alive through flashbacks, regardless of his performance during the war (which I won't comment on, because I've been glossing over or outright skipping chapters for quite some time now).

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Well he could teleport you to another dimension and leave you there. And if part 2 has taught us anything it's this. Anyone with a Tailed Beast, Hashirama cells, Sharingan, or Rinnegan is a member of the Super Freak Club aka the Main Event Player Club. In other words they are invincible and cannot be taken down by just anyone. You don't have any of the abilities I named then you are not important to the plot or the fight, and killing that person off will have no meaning to the overall story at all. Isn't that right, Neji? Poor Neji. Once viewed as the strongest of the Konoha 11 behind Naruto and Sasuke and just killed off in a sea of war, probably forgotten by all the main characters minus like Hinata and Lee. Guy never cared for Neji.
    That's weak, Neji deserved much better. So is this Super Freak Club you like to mention something you thought up? Just curious lol.

But if you consider Nagato's six paths vs Tobi without six paths, it's hard to say. It seems to me that Pain is much more powerful than Tobi, but we've already seen that plenty of very capable ninja have had a great deal of trouble dealing with Obito's Kamui. But I do think he'd have some trouble trying to avoid Pain for long, let alone put up a successful offensive against him.

But if Naruto did it before taming/befriending Kyuubi, maybe Tobi could have somehow as well. He does have his regular shinobi skills to synergize with Kamui.

I dunno if it's me but wasn't the ending a bit too easy? Kaguya's supposed to be the forebear of all history, an untold mythical legend with the inherent knowledge and ability of every technique conceived, yet after giving an unwhelming performance she's forced into returning to the previous state that she was in before resurrection :/ It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Oh well this is a male dominated manga. Even Kaguya paled in comparison to Madara and Pain for that matter..

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I dunno if it's me but wasn't the ending a bit too easy? Kaguya's supposed to be the forebear of all history, an untold mythical legend with the inherent knowledge and ability of every technique conceived, yet after giving an unwhelming performance she's forced into returning to the previous state that she was in before resurrection :/ It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Oh well this is a male dominated manga. Even Kaguya paled in comparison to Madara and Pain for that matter..
    There was definitely a lot more that could have been done with Kaguya. But to be fair, without Naruto and Sasuke's borrowed powers no one would have had a chance in defeating her, not to mention sealing her away. By the end the battles had escalated to borderline ridiculous proportions what with switching dimensions, insta-healing people, every element under the sun available, etc., so it's hard to tell who should truly have the upper hand anymore anyway.

Naruto's height comparison in The Last. Left is current Naruto in the trailer outfit (173cm, roughly 5'7") and right is The Last Naruto (183cm, 6 feet)
    http://www.mangabee.com/wp-content/m...3/793/004n.jpg
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Naruto's height comparison in The Last. Left is current Naruto in the trailer outfit (173cm, roughly 5'7") and right is The Last Naruto (183cm, 6 feet)
    Is it just me or does the Naruto on the right look weirdly like Obito?
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Is it just me or does the Naruto on the right look weirdly like Obito?
    Not at all, if it wasn't labeled I would have thought that was Obito too. Maybe Naruto changed his look as a tribute to Obito haha.
    Last edited by XanderCage; 3rd September 2014 at 7:12 PM.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    She was able to swap dimensions and stuff, so she was pretty powerful imo. She simply wasn't a good melee fighter, so maybe that's why she didn't seem as threatening as other villains.

Powerful doesn't mean much when you're too terrible to even use that power properly.

Seriously, Kaguya. You have an acid dimension. Shove Naruto and/or Sasuke in it and be done with it.

Oh, that's right, you can't because you're sealed.

Jeez, that's a pretty decent growth spurt. He's 16 now so the epilogue has to be at least 2 years.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    That's weak, Neji deserved much better. So is this Super Freak Club you like to mention something you thought up? Just curious lol.

But if you consider Nagato's six paths vs Tobi without six paths, it's hard to say. It seems to me that Pain is much more powerful than Tobi, but we've already seen that plenty of very capable ninja have had a great deal of trouble dealing with Obito's Kamui. But I do think he'd have some trouble trying to avoid Pain for long, let alone put up a successful offensive against him.

But if Naruto did it before taming/befriending Kyuubi, maybe Tobi could have somehow as well. He does have his regular shinobi skills to synergize with Kamui.
    Yes. As a matter of fact it was. XD
    Edit: It's not a club just anyone can join.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

What's the plot for The Last? Maybe it's like after the Cell games. If the Shinobi world is united after this, everyone has taken it easy, and only a few have been training everyday (like Rock Lee and Guy). It made sense for Gohan to be weaker since he focused on studying instead of fighting all these years, but not for Naruto. If Naruto does somehow quit training after the war, a potential 2 years timeskip is enough for him to still have the power from before, but just not be able to unleash his full potential.

New chapter is out. Basically it just kind of a farewell chapter and really boring. And Kakashi did end up losing his Sharingan...damn.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Let's see how long this will be dragged out for.

Obito gets redeemed and a happy end.

Madara dies with closure to his story with Hashirama.

Kaguya gets sealed in a rock and no one cares about her or Black Zetsu.

Arrgh! I was totally prepared to rant on trying to humanize Madara but to my great surprise, I didn't mind him this chapter. Maybe it's the fact that his time was over and he was going to die made me dislike him a little less? No that's not it. I guess seeing Hashirama and Madara have one final talk before both dying with this kind of closure was alright. At least Madara didn't just become a good guy, he just reflected on the things he should have done. Wait isn't that what most villains do? Well whatever I didn't mind it. Shocker, I have nothing more to rant on Madara about. I need to find something else.

The rest of the chapter was fine. I agree with Sakura that nothing should come as a shock anymore. The moments I enjoyed were Kurama giving Naruto the finger and his farewell to Minato and his armless self. If only Kushina had been there to complete the set. Just goodbyes all around. One final goodbye between Obito and Kakashi before Obito finally scores with his girl, Naruto and Minato's goodbye and Hashirama and Madara. Not a bad chapter. Oh and Kakashi lost his membership card to the Super Freak Club. But he can join Sakura on their waiting list.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Wonder if this last movie will be canon? Also apparently Naruto is 17. How long has Shippuden been going on?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Apart from Kurama flipping the bird, this chapter was...meh.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

O My Jesus, Can it be true? Have my prayers been answered? Is Naruto ending without Kishimoto dragging out the story further?

I might cry because of this momentous time.
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

Wow, it's actually ending. No weird surprises right now.

The chapter was kind of touching. I'm glad that Madara died without completely reversing his stance or actions. Just rekindling what he had with Hashirama. And no Rinne Tensei! Naruto's parting words to Minato were also sweet.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 1033 of 1074 FirstFirst ... 3393398310231029103010311032103310341035103610371043 ... LastLast