Page 1034 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 3493498410241030103110321033103410351036103710381044 ... LastLast
Results 25,826 to 25,850 of 26164

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

  1. #25826
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,972

    Default

    Kinda sucks that Kakashi lost both sharingan. It would of been cool to have something that kept him relevant later, though if it's ending, it doesn't matter.

  2. #25827
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Now that Madara is gone, the only villain remaining is Orochimaru. I'm curious what Kishimoto has in mind for him?

  3. #25828
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,458

    Default

    I'm glad that Madara died without using Rinne Tensei at least and Minato saying happy birthday to Naruto was touching. And I cackled at Kurama. Too bad about Kakashi's Sharingan.

  4. #25829
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I'm glad that Madara died without using Rinne Tensei at least and Minato saying happy birthday to Naruto was touching. And I cackled at Kurama. Too bad about Kakashi's Sharingan.
    Oh yeah that's right. I guess this means that Neji is staying dead.

  5. #25830
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Wow, it's actually ending. No weird surprises right now.
    There's still one battle remaining
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  6. #25831
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Packing bags for Hoenn :D
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Naruto's goodbye with his dad was pretty sweet.

    And lol. Naruto said he's only 17 and doesn't understand girls much. Kinda surprised Kishi didn't reference Hinata or Sakura here. We might get a no ships ending I think.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~





  7. #25832
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,458

    Default

    Overall, the Edo Hokage just seemed pointless since they weren't effective enough during the war imo. And will Hashirama's "gift" to Sasuke ever be revealed?

  8. #25833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Naruto's goodbye with his dad was pretty sweet.

    And lol. Naruto said he's only 17 and doesn't understand girls much. Kinda surprised Kishi didn't reference Hinata or Sakura here. We might get a no ships ending I think.
    Yeah I agree, I don't see any ships becoming canon after that statement XD

    I'm finally glad that this never-ending war seems to be over. The final goodbye with Naruto and his dad was nice, it was kinda funny how it first started, then it gradually became more emotional especially when Naruto starts crying near the end of it. I guess the last battle we'll have is Naruto vs Sasuke, if that's still the plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  9. #25834
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    I agree with everyone about Madara's end. I'm glad he kind of reconnected with Hashirama and accepted his fate without necessarily falling prey to Talk no Jutsu or making a complete 180. It was satisfying. I wonder how he would have been stopped had Kaguya/Black Zetsu not gotten in his way.

    Kakashi lost both Sharingan. I'm fine with that; being Kakashi of the Sharingan kind of coincided with Tobi's existence in the world, and now that he's gone and took his Sharingan with him in a sense, it's kind of like Kakashi can finally continue on normally.

    I'm still not convinced there's going to be a Naruto vs. Sasuke battle at this point. We'll see.

  10. #25835
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Overall, the Edo Hokage just seemed pointless since they weren't effective enough during the war imo. And will Hashirama's "gift" to Sasuke ever be revealed?
    Maybe Sasuke will reveal it when he faces Naruto. I thought if Kishi forgot about it.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  11. #25836
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    If there's no more breaks from now on, the 700th chapter will be on November 6th, and that will be less than a full month before the movie is released.

    At least 3 of the 9 chapters left (if the manga does end there) will be Naruto vs Sasuke. The other 6 will be the Shinobi world uniting, and peace at last? The NvS fight better not be forced. There has be a good reason why they still have to fight, and not for the sake of pleasing the fans of a final fight.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  12. #25837
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    Yeah I agree, I don't see any ships becoming canon after that statement XD

    I'm finally glad that this never-ending war seems to be over. The final goodbye with Naruto and his dad was nice, it was kinda funny how it first started, then it gradually became more emotional especially when Naruto starts crying near the end of it. I guess the last battle we'll have is Naruto vs Sasuke, if that's still the plan.
    I doubt there will be a Naruto vs. Sasuke battle. Their plans are now fully aligned. Both of them want to protect the village. Sasuke may not be accepted back into the Leaf, but given that the Leaf did order the genocide of his clan, I feel as if they can depart on amicable terms with Sasuke and the rest of his team leaving start their own journey. They can pretty much fend for themselves, and for all of the death and destruction Sasuke caused he did kind of save the world. Plus, they are all ninjas, and so these kinds of acts are a way of life for them.

    I was actually kind of upset how they handled the Madara situation. I get it on one hand, but they spent the better part of the last couple of months saying how some things are impossible only to turn out to be in fact quite possible, and fairly easy to do, but all of a sudden actually having Madara stick around to pay for his crimes be genuinely impossible.

    The worst person potentially in all of this is Kabuto, he's the only person who was part of the opposing side that is actually still alive, and everyone will probably be coming after him.

    Also, what's the deal with the afterlife in this universe? It clearly exists, but I feel as if there have been conflicting statements as to what it actually is like. On one hand we see people near death and those who have already died talk to each other in this other plane of existence, and at others times we see the characters speak of life after death as if it is completely isolated and they never interact with others, i.e. the 1st Hokage rushing to speak to Madara before it is too late.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

    Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

    Need help? Just let me know.

    Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

  13. #25838
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    I doubt there will be a Naruto vs. Sasuke battle. Their plans are now fully aligned. Both of them want to protect the village. Sasuke may not be accepted back into the Leaf, but given that the Leaf did order the genocide of his clan, I feel as if they can depart on amicable terms with Sasuke and the rest of his team leaving start their own journey. They can pretty much fend for themselves, and for all of the death and destruction Sasuke caused he did kind of save the world. Plus, they are all ninjas, and so these kinds of acts are a way of life for them.
    Except that Sasuke wants to become Hokage and if I recall correctly, he said or at least implied that he wants to get rid of the Bijuu permanently; those are two things that would conflict with Naruto's ideals and motives. So I don't see why they wouldn't fight with that underlying tension present.

  14. #25839
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    I was actually kind of upset how they handled the Madara situation. I get it on one hand, but they spent the better part of the last couple of months saying how some things are impossible only to turn out to be in fact quite possible, and fairly easy to do, but all of a sudden actually having Madara stick around to pay for his crimes be genuinely impossible.
    I kind of want to respond to this, but with the way you worded it I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

    Also, what's the deal with the afterlife in this universe? It clearly exists, but I feel as if there have been conflicting statements as to what it actually is like. On one hand we see people near death and those who have already died talk to each other in this other plane of existence, and at others times we see the characters speak of life after death as if it is completely isolated and they never interact with others, i.e. the 1st Hokage rushing to speak to Madara before it is too late.
    I was under the impression that Hashirama simply wanted to get a word in and watch his old friend and enemy die for symbolic reasons. Not because they'd never meet again. Also, he asked if they could be comrades going forward, and though Madara may or may not have finished his reply, I think that question was implying that they'd still be around each other. Or maybe that was symbolic as well, I dunno.

  15. #25840
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,814

    Default

    Sasuke vs Naruto will happen... there's just too much stuff that Kishi would have to fill out...
    Like how Sai, Sakura, and Kakashi are all suspicious of Sasuke's hidden motives of which Juugo confirms as even he didn't know what Sasuke has planned. We also have the Sasuke image of cutting out the past with a slash mark across Naruto in the old Team 7 photo.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  16. #25841
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Except that Sasuke wants to become Hokage and if I recall correctly, he said or at least implied that he wants to get rid of the Bijuu permanently; those are two things that would conflict with Naruto's ideals and motives. So I don't see why they wouldn't fight with that underlying tension present.
    None of that implicates a battle. For starters both of them could become Hokage, with Kaskashi becoming the next one and latter it going to either Sasuke or Naruto, followed by the other afterwards. It's not as if the series has ever implied it has to be one or the other. The first was succeeded by his brother, and the same could happen with Naruto.

    Additionally, it's not as if if from Sasuke's perspective killing Naruto will result in him becoming Hokage. It's a decision that the Daimyō makes, and it's unlikely given Sasuke's involvement, even after saving the world, that he would appointed to that post, even if he isn't executed or put in prison.

    As for destroying the Bijuu. Sure, that would be a point of contention, but it just seems awkward for them to go from one moment supporting each to going at each others throat over something they can work out. The point of the series has been how history really does not have to repeat itself. Naruto and Sasuke represent the cycle breaking, and fulfilling Harishama and Mardara's initial dreams and aspirations.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

    Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

    Need help? Just let me know.

    Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

  17. #25842
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerex View Post
    None of that implicates a battle. For starters both of them could become Hokage, with Kaskashi becoming the next one and latter it going to either Sasuke or Naruto, followed by the other afterwards. It's not as if the series has ever implied it has to be one or the other. The first was succeeded by his brother, and the same could happen with Naruto.

    Additionally, it's not as if if from Sasuke's perspective killing Naruto will result in him becoming Hokage. It's a decision that the Daimyō makes, and it's unlikely given Sasuke's involvement, even after saving the world, that he would appointed to that post, even if he isn't executed or put in prison.

    As for destroying the Bijuu. Sure, that would be a point of contention, but it just seems awkward for them to go from one moment supporting each to going at each others throat over something they can work out. The point of the series has been how history really does not have to repeat itself. Naruto and Sasuke represent the cycle breaking, and fulfilling Harishama and Mardara's initial dreams and aspirations.
    I just think it's blatantly obvious that they have unresolved differences still that they can't simply discuss and work out with words. This is an action manga after all; what better way for them to settle things than to have their long-awaited rematch? Sasuke only helped the alliance because Madara, Obito and the Juubi were threats anyway imo; it's not like he and Naruto are suddenly BFFs.

  18. #25843
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I just think it's blatantly obvious that they have unresolved differences still that they can't simply discuss and work out with words. This is an action manga after all; what better way for hem to settle things than to have their long-awaited rematch? Sasuke only helped the alliance because Madara, Obito and the Juubi were threats anyway imo; it's not like he and Naruto are suddenly BFFs.
    I disagree. They may not have settled all of their issues, but much like how Madara and Harishama have come to terms I think Sasuke and Naruto have as well. Plus a fight won't resolve anything between the two of them. Naruto would defeat Sasuke and then what? Harishama defeated Madara and for generations that didn't settle anything, and only set the stage for the war that just finished. That would be a horrible way to end the story. The two of them having a genuine battle just repeats what they just tried to resolve.

    Yes, it's an action manga, but the whole point of the war has been war and fighting wasn't necessary. A reoccurring theme throughout the war was older characters and edo characters being surprised by seeing a Shinobi alliance. I think closing out the story, people will go back to their respective villages, but it will be much more like a united federation rather than independent warring villages.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

    Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

    Need help? Just let me know.

    Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

  19. #25844
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    I'd hate for Naruto having to share his Hokage destiny with Sasuke of all people. Mr. "I'm going to kill everyone in Konoha." All it would take is for some villain to manipulate the Uchiha history and Sasuke will probably try and kill them all again. I'd laugh so hard of that is what Orochimaru tries to do after the war. And another thing, why is Orochimaru back? He didn't nothing during this war beyond summoning those Dead Hokage, who ultimately did nothing in the big final. Should have just stayed dead IMO. Who cares about Orochimaru anymore?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  20. #25845
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'd hate for Naruto having to share his Hokage destiny with Sasuke of all people. Mr. "I'm going to kill everyone in Konoha." All it would take is for some villain to manipulate the Uchiha history and Sasuke will probably try and kill them all again. I'd laugh so hard of that is what Orochimaru tries to do after the war. And another thing, why is Orochimaru back? He didn't nothing during this war beyond summoning those Dead Hokage, who ultimately did nothing in the big final. Should have just stayed dead IMO. Who cares about Orochimaru anymore?
    Orochimaru got some redemption and possibly some closure, which was interesting at least. His "death" before was kinda lame, so I'm glad he got a second chance.

  21. #25846
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Orochimaru got some redemption and possibly some closure, which was interesting at least. His "death" before was kinda lame, so I'm glad he got a second chance.
    How did Orochimaru get closure? He never even tasted Sharingan once in his life. Bringing him back was one of the most pointless moves in Naruto. I general dislike characters coming back from the dead. It ruins the whole point of death to begin with and if they come back and do nothing then it's just bad. Orochimaru's return was not needed. He has no place in the world and no point in the story. Konoha are idiots if they actually allow him to stay in the village considering all he's done.

    I had no problem with how Orochimaru "died" IMO it was a fitting death for a snake like Orochimaru. He gambled it all on Sasuke and Sasuke turned everything he was right back on him. Well deserved if you ask me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  22. #25847
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    5 hours behind UTC
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Wow, it's actually ending. No weird surprises right now.

    The chapter was kind of touching. I'm glad that Madara died without completely reversing his stance or actions. Just rekindling what he had with Hashirama. And no Rinne Tensei! Naruto's parting words to Minato were also sweet.
    Well, Sasuke has a natural Rinnegan, so perhaps it's possible for him to do Rinne Tensei. We're not out of the woods yet (maybe).

  23. #25848
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    8,972

    Default

    His Rinnegan wasn't narutal, didn't he get it with the sage's powers? I'd assume it'll soon disappear

  24. #25849
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Well, Sasuke has a natural Rinnegan, so perhaps it's possible for him to do Rinne Tensei. We're not out of the woods yet (maybe).
    He awakened the Rinnegan with Hagoromo's power. If it was natural, it would be in both eyes.

    And Rinne Tensei at this point would be stupid. Why would you revive Obito? He died, found his resolve, died happy, and found peace in the afterlife with Rin. And doesn't Rinne Tensei take a major toll on the user, leaving him/her near death? Why nearly kill Sasuke when he's now reformed? Leave the dead DEAD. What is this, Dragonball Z?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

  25. #25850
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'd hate for Naruto having to share his Hokage destiny with Sasuke of all people. Mr. "I'm going to kill everyone in Konoha." All it would take is for some villain to manipulate the Uchiha history and Sasuke will probably try and kill them all again. I'd laugh so hard of that is what Orochimaru tries to do after the war. And another thing, why is Orochimaru back? He didn't nothing during this war beyond summoning those Dead Hokage, who ultimately did nothing in the big final. Should have just stayed dead IMO. Who cares about Orochimaru anymore?
    Well, to be fair it was the people of Konoha that as a strategy was like "let's kill all of the Uchiha", in part because straight genocide was for some reason considered an appropriate response to these people. I don't think Sasuke can become Hokage, for reasons mentioned above, but that doesn't mean he has to die by Naruto's hands just to drive that point home.

    Orochimaru's return was a bit of a surprise, but it makes sense, since as a character he is known for cheating death and slipping away out of trouble, much like the snakes he associates himself with. If I had it my way he would probably run off somewhere. Perhaps he can become kage of Amegakure or Sasuke could. I dunno, they have options. Also, he healed Tsunade if I recall correctly.
    Pokemon Y
    3DS Friend Code: 1461-7604-0905
    Type: Steel
    Pokemon: Skarmory, Magneton, Klefki

    Kalos Dex Completion
    Finished!

    Need help? Just let me know.

    Goal is to complete dex before the release of Pokemon Box!

Page 1034 of 1047 FirstFirst ... 3493498410241030103110321033103410351036103710381044 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •