Page 1033 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 33933983102310291030103110321033
Results 25,801 to 25,812 of 25812

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    It's crazy to think that at the beginning of Part II, Pain and Tobi were at the very top of Akatsuki. They were two of the most powerful villains in the story, and they influenced most events since then. And now, they're both deceased and completely redeemed and vindicated. Madara may go that route as well. Ah, the power of Talk no Jutsu.
    Was Tobi really that strong? I mean what could he really do aside from teleport? His skills were mediocre at best imo, which is why I felt that Akatsuki died with Nagato since he was the strongest Akatsuki member imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Was Tobi really that strong? I mean what could he really do aside from teleport? His skills were mediocre at best imo, which is why I felt that Akatsuki died with Nagato since he was the strongest Akatsuki member imo.
    Well he could teleport you to another dimension and leave you there. And if part 2 has taught us anything it's this. Anyone with a Tailed Beast, Hashirama cells, Sharingan, or Rinnegan is a member of the Super Freak Club aka the Main Event Player Club. In other words they are invincible and cannot be taken down by just anyone. You don't have any of the abilities I named then you are not important to the plot or the fight, and killing that person off will have no meaning to the overall story at all. Isn't that right, Neji? Poor Neji. Once viewed as the strongest of the Konoha 11 behind Naruto and Sasuke and just killed off in a sea of war, probably forgotten by all the main characters minus like Hinata and Lee. Guy never cared for Neji.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I guess you're right. But still, he seemed to be very proficient with Kamui, to the point that hardly anyone successfully hit him with anything before this arc (all I remember is Konan). So they both essentially couldn't be stopped for a long time. And I also meant that they were very influential and mysterious and important. Not to mention interesting.

But yeah, Pain was way more resourceful and had a full arsenal of different types of abilities, whereas Tobi was the complete opposite as a one-trick pony. So it does seem like Pain was a lot more powerful in battle, at least before Tobi stole his eyes.

When are we getting the new chapter, Thursday?

Unless you intend to make a similar claim about Minato (who was also, barring the Hiraishin, rather run-of-the-mill), you're sorely underselling how powerful Space-Time Ninjutsu is.

Are we arguing that Tobi is stronger than Nagato, or just tough in general. Because i can't be convinced of the former

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Unless you intend to make a similar claim about Minato (who was also, barring the Hiraishin, rather run-of-the-mill), you're sorely underselling how powerful Space-Time Ninjutsu is.
    I don't buy Minato's hype either; his teleportation jutsu has flopped pretty badly ever since he was Edo Tensei'd imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Are we arguing that Tobi is stronger than Nagato, or just tough in general. Because i can't be convinced of the former
    Considering Nagato was already dying and trapped in that one place, I'd say Tobi wins.

I don't buy Minato's hype either; his teleportation jutsu has flopped pretty badly ever since he was Edo Tensei'd imo.
    He managed to teleport the entire Shinobi Alliance. He did it with help from the other Kages sure, but still impressive. Also, he was fighting a broken Madara with Rinnegan and Hashirama's DNA. And Naruto was then faster than him.
    "You either die a Grammar Nazi,
    or you live long enough to see yourself make a typo."
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    Considering Nagato was already dying and trapped in that one place, I'd say Tobi wins.
    I'm talking about a full powered Nagato, but even still Pain>tobi

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I can't speak for everybody, but I definitely wasn't; Pain>Tobi, absolutely (at the time they were both alive anyway; I'm a little more convinced of Tobi being stronger if we take the Rinnegan and his Six Paths into account). I was just arguing that Tobi isn't at all mediocre.

Minato doesn't really need hype to carry him, though; we've seen plenty of what he was capable of when he was alive through flashbacks, regardless of his performance during the war (which I won't comment on, because I've been glossing over or outright skipping chapters for quite some time now).

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Well he could teleport you to another dimension and leave you there. And if part 2 has taught us anything it's this. Anyone with a Tailed Beast, Hashirama cells, Sharingan, or Rinnegan is a member of the Super Freak Club aka the Main Event Player Club. In other words they are invincible and cannot be taken down by just anyone. You don't have any of the abilities I named then you are not important to the plot or the fight, and killing that person off will have no meaning to the overall story at all. Isn't that right, Neji? Poor Neji. Once viewed as the strongest of the Konoha 11 behind Naruto and Sasuke and just killed off in a sea of war, probably forgotten by all the main characters minus like Hinata and Lee. Guy never cared for Neji.
    That's weak, Neji deserved much better. So is this Super Freak Club you like to mention something you thought up? Just curious lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    But if you consider Nagato's six paths vs Tobi without six paths, it's hard to say. It seems to me that Pain is much more powerful than Tobi, but we've already seen that plenty of very capable ninja have had a great deal of trouble dealing with Obito's Kamui. But I do think he'd have some trouble trying to avoid Pain for long, let alone put up a successful offensive against him.

But if Naruto did it before taming/befriending Kyuubi, maybe Tobi could have somehow as well. He does have his regular shinobi skills to synergize with Kamui.

I dunno if it's me but wasn't the ending a bit too easy? Kaguya's supposed to be the forebear of all history, an untold mythical legend with the inherent knowledge and ability of every technique conceived, yet after giving an unwhelming performance she's forced into returning to the previous state that she was in before resurrection :/ It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Oh well this is a male dominated manga. Even Kaguya paled in comparison to Madara and Pain for that matter..

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I dunno if it's me but wasn't the ending a bit too easy? Kaguya's supposed to be the forebear of all history, an untold mythical legend with the inherent knowledge and ability of every technique conceived, yet after giving an unwhelming performance she's forced into returning to the previous state that she was in before resurrection :/ It's a shame because there was potential behind her character. Oh well this is a male dominated manga. Even Kaguya paled in comparison to Madara and Pain for that matter..
    There was definitely a lot more that could have been done with Kaguya. But to be fair, without Naruto and Sasuke's borrowed powers no one would have had a chance in defeating her, not to mention sealing her away. By the end the battles had escalated to borderline ridiculous proportions what with switching dimensions, insta-healing people, every element under the sun available, etc., so it's hard to tell who should truly have the upper hand anymore anyway.

Page 1033 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 33933983102310291030103110321033