Page 1038 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 3893898810281034103510361037103810391040104110421048 ... LastLast
Results 25,926 to 25,950 of 27175

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Does Naruto still have Kurama's other half? Because if he does that should even things up a bit imo. After all, Sasuke's haxxed out with his EMS/Rinnegan and perfect Susano'o and that makes him quite formidable.
    According to Kurama himself, Naruto still has the other half of Kurama sealed inside of him. I would assume that would still be the case as it was stated when they were all summoned back to their own dimension and there hasn't been enough time to do anything between the summoning, saying goodbye to dad, and Sasuke sealing the bijuu.

3DS FC: 1950-8136-0088

Rant time:
    Err I can't believe that mostly all characters are underdeveloped, except Gaara. If you're not villain or a member of team 7, then you're not going to be teated well. Kishi's favouritism is ruining Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Rant time:
    Err I can't believe that mostly all characters are underdeveloped, except Gaara. If you're not villain or a member of team 7, then you're not going to be teated well. Kishi's favouritism is ruining Naruto.
    I agree, though I do think Shikamaru was handled well also imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    I agree, though I do think Shikamaru was handled well also imo.
    Shikamaru is farther developed than most, but I'd consider him mid tier in terms of writing, and he lacks screen time too. I still like him a lot though.

Shikamaru is farther developed than most, but I'd consider him mid tier in terms of writing, and he lacks screen time too. I still like him a lot though.
    I don't see his screen-time (or lack thereof) as a surprise; he's not part of Team 7 after all, so of course he's stuck with a supporting role at best. Still, he got practically the whole Kakuzu & Hidan arc for his development, which is more than most other supporting characters have gotten.

Rant time:
    I agree, so much wasted potential.

After the Sasuke Retrival arc, I hade high hopes for characters such as Choji and Neji. Choji especially, considering all the great character development he got in that arc.

Rant time:
    Admittedly, this is a similar problem that Bleach has as well. The cast itself is so huge that not a lot of time can be dedicated to each member. Most of the characters will outright fade into the background or become fodder so the more popular characters can have their moment to shine. One Piece can be said to have this problem as well; however, it circumvents it somewhat with the sheer amount of time it takes to explain everything while taking entire arcs to go over a certain group of characters with the main crew being put on the sidelines when it comes to development since they'll already have time throughout the series for development themselves. Naruto and Bleach focus too hard on the titular character and a couple of others closest to them to really branch out much to other characters. It's always a shame when there's a boatload of characters, but only enough personality and backstory for a small dinghy's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I agree, so much wasted potential.

After the Sasuke Retrival arc, I hade high hopes for characters such as Choji and Neji. Choji especially, considering all the great character development he got in that arc.
    Its a shame because all characters have great concept, for example, the Hyugas, Ino's ability and so on. Of course some characters are more important than others. That's how it goes, but that doesn't mean he should just downright ignore all the other characters. Instead of this terrible war arc, he should have fleshed out his characters, imo.

Here's my opinion of the Konoha kids in terms of development

Developed (pretty sure this is a "Thanks, Captain Obvious" answer)
    Naruto
    Sakura
    Sasuke

Had a great development, but not as much as Team 7
    Shikamaru
    Sai

Had a bit of development
    Hinata

Under freaking developed
    Choji and Ino (they did jack squat in the Hidan and Kakuzu rematch. WTF you useless tools)
    Rock Lee, Tenten, Neji
    Kiba
    Shino (EL OH EL WHAT THE FLIPPING HECK! He gets no part in the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, and he also gets no part in Shippuden)

Anyways, anyone getting Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution on Tuesday?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Rant time:
    Well isn't this just a random outburst, lol. As far as the characters go, not many of them had big character development in part 2. But they at least had moments of being useful.
    Shikamaru of course has been developing throughout part 1 and 2. The fact that he'd make a good Hokage, to me says he developed very well. I'd even consider him the strongest of the Konoha 11, even more so then Neji. Obviously not Naruto or Sasuke level.

Ino and Choji did not get nearly as much as Shikamaru did. Choji got minor things here and there. And while he didn't become a very developed character, he became very useful to Konoha. He was on the front lines fighting the Pain dolls with Kakashi and his father. That's a big spot for Choji to be in. Ino got her moments of glory in the war arc. She's never going to be a powerhouse, but she doesn't have to be. She's a support ninja and Kishi showed just how useful she is in a team. Team 10 functions way better then Team 7 do as a team. They aren't broken and they play off each other to near perfection. Plus Ino got to take a break from being a Sasuke groupie, which made me actual like the character.

Kiba, Hinata, and Shino. Really of these bunch, only Hinata got any form of development. She got braver, more determined but her lack of panel time hurts her and so we rarely get to see it. On top of that the team don't even get a shining moment in the war like Team 10. Very underdeveloped was this team.

Then there's Rock Lee, Neji, and Tenten. Wow what happened? Neji and Rock Lee were big time names in part 1. Part 2 dropped them both to Tenten status. Both seemed to have gotten stronger the rare times we see them. I mean if Lee ever becomes like Might Guy he'll be legendary. Too bad he never fights on panel again. Neji we only see glimpses of his new Jounin powers.

Overall I was pleased with how Shikamaru, Choji, Ino, and to a lesser extent Hinata turned out in part 2. Neji and Lee were great in part 1 but not in part 2. Shino had good fights but beyond that nothing. Everyone else...meh.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

^Shikamaru as Hokage? Nope. Kages need to be the strongest in their respective villages. If Shikaku isn't Hokage-worthy, then Shikamaru ain't either. They both fulfill the role of the Hokage's right-hand man, which would be to help Naruto decide on government, war, and economical plans.

The problem with Shippuden is the same problem with Dragonball Z, which is the uber villains. The villains become over the top, so the only rational progression is to turn the MC and his main rival into mini gods.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    ^Shikamaru as Hokage? Nope. Kages need to be the strongest in their respective villages. If Shikaku isn't Hokage-worthy, then Shikamaru ain't either. They both fulfill the role of the Hokage's right-hand man, which would be to help Naruto decide on government, war, and economical plans.

The problem with Shippuden is the same problem with Dragonball Z, which is the uber villains. The villains become over the top, so the only rational progression is to turn the MC and his main rival into mini gods.
    Tsunade's not the strongest in Konoha. Maybe physically she is but not the whole package of powerful. Every fight she enters ends with her shriveling up into a helpless old prune. Shikamaru has the smarts to be Hokage. He's shown to have been a great leader in any situation, and it's his smarts and planning that make him a reliable. Maybe he's not Super Freak Club material, but Shikamaru has proven to be just as smart as most of the big dogs in the series. The fact that Kishi had someone tell Shikamaru he'd make a good Hokage says a lot. But Shikamaru's like Kakashi, and wouldn't take the job.

Had a great development, but not as much as Team 7
    Shikamaru
    Sai
    But isn't Sai part of Team 7 also? Plus I disagree about his development; all he really got was some in his intro arc, a bit during the Gokage Summit arc, and a bit during the war, which isn't nearly as much as Shikamaru imo.

I changed my mind about Shikamaru's development. I forgot about the Kakuzu arc tbh, so yeah he was handled pretty well for a side character.

Ehh, I disagree. I'm pretty sure Itachi was Stronger than the 3rd when he was still in the village. As for Tsunade, in a fight I'm sure she'd lose against Kakashi, Guy, Naruto, and probably even Shikamaru and Neji.

Hell, the only "recent" time where the "Hokage" was actually the strongest in the village was when they decided they wanted Jariaya. Nobody was on his level at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Ehh, I disagree. I'm pretty sure Itachi was Stronger than the 3rd when he was still in the village. As for Tsunade, in a fight I'm sure she'd lose against Kakashi, Guy, Naruto, and probably even Shikamaru and Neji.

Hell, the only "recent" time where the "Hokage" was actually the strongest in the village was when they decided they wanted Jariaya. Nobody was on his level at the time.
    Dude took on ET Hashirama and Tobirama, and Orochimaru at the same time even after way past his prime. Pretty sure he was stronger than 14-year old Itachi or however old he was before joining Akatsuki.

As for Tsunade, she was chosen pre-Shippuden, so no DBZ-level characters yet. Kakashi could probably beat her, and Gai could definitely beat her. However, pre-Ship Naruto, Shikamaru, and Neji? I have to disagree. Especially on pre-ship Shikamaru.

Oh right, no Naruto this week. Crud. We should try and discuss something while we wait for the new chapter. I don't have any topics to discuss though.

Dude took on ET Hashirama and Tobirama, and Orochimaru at the same time even after way past his prime.
    He was losing until he used the Reaper Death Seal though, which cost him his life. Plus Orochimaru didn't really fight much during that melee; after using Edo Tensei, he didn't take action again until the end and he managed to get away anyway. Hiruzen wasn't that strong imo.

He was losing until he used the Reaper Death Seal though, which cost him his life. Plus Orochimaru didn't really fight much during that melee; after using Edo Tensei, he didn't take action again until the end and he managed to get away anyway. Hiruzen wasn't that strong imo.
    For part 1, Hiruzen was amazing. The powers are inconsistent. Hashirama and Tobirama were nowhere near as powerful in part 1 as they were here in part 2. Remember when we all were asking how on earth Hashirama beat Madara, when the latter showed just how powerful he was?

Then there's the whole strongest Hokage thing. First it was implied that Minato was the strongest, then Hiruzen, then Minato again, and then Hashirama and he still holds the title right now. I totally agree about Orochimaru. He let his Edo Tensei's do all the dirty work. I wonder what he could possibly do today, with Edo Tensei's weakness totally exposed to everyone in the war.

It's hard to live without Naruto eh ? LOL, today I was like "there is something missing right ?" It will be hard to wait until next week, it will be even harder when the manga ends :-(

Oruchimaru is kind of irrelevant as a villain now. He's completely outclassed by most shinobi and as the posters above me said, Edo Tensei's weaknesses have been revealed already.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Oruchimaru is kind of irrelevant as a villain now. He's completely outclassed by most shinobi and as the posters above me said, Edo Tensei's weaknesses have been revealed already.
    I don't really think he'll be doing much unless he somehow joins sides with Sasuke, but I doubt that will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    For part 1, Hiruzen was amazing. The powers are inconsistent. Hashirama and Tobirama were nowhere near as powerful in part 1 as they were here in part 2. Remember when we all were asking how on earth Hashirama beat Madara, when the latter showed just how powerful he was?

Then there's the whole strongest Hokage thing. First it was implied that Minato was the strongest, then Hiruzen, then Minato again, and then Hashirama and he still holds the title right now. I totally agree about Orochimaru. He let his Edo Tensei's do all the dirty work. I wonder what he could possibly do today, with Edo Tensei's weakness totally exposed to everyone in the war.
    I think Minato's decline is sad. He was my favorite character in Part 1 based on hype alone, but he was rather unimpressive ever since he was revived. I was hoping he'd do something cool before dying again, but alas. He feels like the weakest Hokage now in my opinion.

I think Minato's decline is sad. He was my favorite character in Part 1 based on hype alone, but he was rather unimpressive ever since he was revived. I was hoping he'd do something cool before dying again, but alas. He feels like the weakest Hokage now in my opinion.
    I'd still put him above Tsunade and maybe Hiruzen. Minato in his prime could match A and Killer Bee, and cleverly took down Fakedara. I still consider him one of the best Hokage. Minato's more of a Kakashi style fighter then a Super Freak one. I actually like that about Minato and was so upset when they made him a Naruto rip-off when in Edo Tensei form. Because it was Kishi's way of saying the legendary Minato who got so much hype in Naruto falls short of the villains of today and needs a cheap upgrade to keep up. To me it was a big insult to Minato's previous skills. Hiruzen didn't get a big upgrade and he did fairly well in the war.

So who was stronger in their prime? Hashirama or Hiruzen? Hashi seems good but it seemed like Hiruzen has a ton of moves he could of used

Page 1038 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 3893898810281034103510361037103810391040104110421048 ... LastLast