Page 1040 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 4094099010301036103710381039104010411042104310441050 ... LastLast
Results 25,976 to 26,000 of 26279

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

  1. #25976
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Wow, finally got around to reading, and I guess I was wrong about a final fight. Not all that interested in it though, due to the outcome being pretty obvious. Still, I suppose it's better then ending with Kaguya.

    Yeah, Sasuke mentioned others, but Itachi was the main motivation. He mentions several times his hatred for Konoha due to them manipulating/hurting Itachi. Also, pretty sure Sasuke was being facetious, since he was showing knowing at least the basics of Edo Tensei.

    Just because Sasuke doesn't actively show love doesn't mean he doesn't care. Part One showed us that. He was nonchalant to both Naruto and Sakura all throughout it, yet multiple times stated how they were dear to him. And that bold completely false. The only time Sasuke was ever like that was solely during the summit arc. We have far more examples in Part Two showing that while he's not affectionate, he's not that bad. Need I point out how he had Suigetsu free all of Orochimaru's prisoners, despite them being of no use to him.

    Naruto's not a candidate because the role of Hokage actually requires more then raw strength. Naruto has nothing else going for him to make him a candidate then that. Sasuke on the other hand is actually pretty similar to the previous Hokages, especially Tobirama. Most importantly, Sasuke has been shown willing to make the hard decision. We have seen that not only does the Hokage have to willingly send people to their deaths, they could also have to sacrifice their own citizens for the greater good. Sasuke's clearly capable of that.
    Sasuke of today would never make a better Hokage over Naruto. Naruto connects with people and unites them. Sasuke plans to execute the current Gokage therefore eliminating the peace all the nations just obtained. That makes Sasuke not only a lousy Hokage but a lowlife in general backstabbing the nations like that. Naruto's not perfect but he's way better then Sasuke in that he actually cares for people. Sasuke doesn't care about anything that doesn't revolve around his own personal agenda. Sasuke would be no better then Danzo as Hokage. Both would sacrifice others to become Hokage.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  2. #25977
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    I think that Sasuke wanting to be Hokage is a good character development for him. Bad guy turns into being protective and wanting to change the world into a better place is not so bad as people believe its going to be. Its only bad if he intend to go the Madara way, which I doubt it will happen. I really want this arc to be an arc where all will be involved & not just Naruto and Sasuke.
    Last edited by besho; 21st September 2014 at 4:57 PM.
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu

  3. #25978
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I think that Sasuke wanting to be Hokage is a good character development for him. Bad guy turns into being protective and wanting to change the world into a better place is not so bad as people believe its going to be. Its only bad if he intend to go the Madara way, which I doubt it will happen. I really want this arc to be an arc where all will be involved & not just Naruto and Sasuke.
    How is Sasuke's new desire a good thing when he's made it very clear that he wants to murder the Gokage? I mean why would anyone in Konoha want Sasuke as their leader if he were to kill the previous Hokage? How are Tsunade and the other Kage at fault to begin with?

  4. #25979
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    How is Sasuke's new desire a good thing when he's made it very clear that he wants to murder the Gokage? I mean why would anyone in Konoha want Sasuke as their leader if he were to kill the previous Hokage? How are Tsunade and the other Kage at fault to begin with?
    Omg I swear that I completely forgot about what he said about killing the Hokages. I take back my words lulz :x (don't bite me)
    Last edited by besho; 21st September 2014 at 8:38 PM.
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu

  5. #25980
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    The issues I have with Sasuke as Hokage is it's not believable at all with how it's been done. This is the same creep who betrayed his teammates, left Konoha for their arch enemy who invaded the village and killed the 3rd Hokage, then swore to kill every man women and child in Konoha with his own hands, and now he wants to be Hokage by killing the other Gokage after they all united to defeat a common enemy and even became allies. Sasuke killing them would take the ninja world back to square one. He abuses his own teammates like Karin and leaves them for dead like Suigetsu and Jugo, and shows no remorse for any of the crimes he's committed. Not a single one. And this guy is worthy of being Hokage? Get out of town with that.

    I've said this numerous times now, Sasuke would be a Danzo style Hokage in that he would sacrifice others to remain in power. It's one thing if Sasuke was changing his ways and wanted to be a better person like Gaara. But he's the same disrespectful guy he's been all part 2.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  6. #25981
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    I feel stupid forgetting that..

    I had faith in Sasuke hoping he'll turn like Gaara, but no. His intentions of "revolutionize" the shinobi world by removing all previous Hokages and the bijuu is too much. Like he wants to kill the Hokages so that... He can change the system? Cold blooded indeed... No heart. There is no exuses.

    Makes you wonder where the time-skip will go after this, as at least Naruto survives. As far as the kages are concerned we know at least Gaara will survive, but what about the rest? Will Tsunade get killed off after all and Kakashi take her place? so many questions.
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu

  7. #25982
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I've said this numerous times now, Sasuke would be a Danzo style Hokage in that he would sacrifice others to remain in power. It's one thing if Sasuke was changing his ways and wanted to be a better person like Gaara. But he's the same disrespectful guy he's been all part 2.
    I agree although personally, I didn't see Danzo as that much of a bad guy. He was certainly greedy and wanted power, but he at least loved the village deep down and tried to kill Sasuke to protect it. He wasn't nearly as delusional as Sasuke has been lately.

  8. #25983
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    509

    Default

    From the way Kishimoto has been pulling things out of nowhere, I bet there will be a part in which Orochimaru will somehow, unrealistically escape from the IT and take over Sasuke's body, already weakened from his battle with Naruto, and accept the Infinite Tsukuiyomi plan as his own.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  9. #25984
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    From the way Kishimoto has been pulling things out of nowhere, I bet there will be a part in which Orochimaru will somehow, unrealistically escape from the IT and take over Sasuke's body, already weakened from his battle with Naruto, and accept the Infinite Tsukuiyomi plan as his own.
    Orochimaru planning to take another swing at getting Sasuke's body I could see (though I doubt he'd be capable of winning over even a weakened Sasuke now, if pre-Mangekyo Sasuke was already too much for him), but him taking over the IT plan makes absolutely no sense. I think it's safe to say there's no worry of this happening.

  10. #25985
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Orochimaru planning to take another swing at getting Sasuke's body I could see (though I doubt he'd be capable of winning over even a weakened Sasuke now, if pre-Mangekyo Sasuke was already too much for him), but him taking over the IT plan makes absolutely no sense. I think it's safe to say there's no worry of this happening.
    Well, Orochimaru gained access to Hashirama's DNA when he "absorbed" White Zetsu, he might use that as a power up of sorts or a tool to get to Sasuke.
    Last edited by pwnswitchclik; 22nd September 2014 at 11:12 PM.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  11. #25986
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    8

    Default

    The preview images for the last movie indicate that Sasuke's still alive, for whatever that's worth.

  12. #25987
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Well, Orochimaru gained access to Hashirama's DNA when he "absorbed" White Zetsu, he might use that as a power up of sorts or a tool to get to Sasuke.
    Whatever power he gained from that White Zetsu wouldn't be enough to get to Sasuke. Sasuke does afterall have the power of the freaking Sage.

  13. #25988
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I agree although personally, I didn't see Danzo as that much of a bad guy. He was certainly greedy and wanted power, but he at least loved the village deep down and tried to kill Sasuke to protect it. He wasn't nearly as delusional as Sasuke has been lately.
    Danzo was just as bad if you ask me.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

  14. #25989
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Well, Orochimaru gained access to Hashirama's DNA when he "absorbed" White Zetsu, he might use that as a power up of sorts or a tool to get to Sasuke.
    I admittedly forgot about this, but I doubt it'd be enough. There's still a world of difference between how strong Sasuke was the first time Orochimaru tried and how he is now, and Orochimaru failed miserably back then.

    Also, keep in mind that the Living Corpse Reincarnation isn't something that can be augmented by Orochimaru getting stronger; it's a mental attack that the Sharingan is apparently naturally capable of trumping. Even a weakened Sasuke should have no trouble fighting such a thing off with the EMS.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Danzo was just as bad if you ask me.
    This. I don't get the logic that Danzo was better; both he and Sasuke are willing to go to horrific lengths for their otherwise good-intended goals.

  15. #25990
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Danzo was just as bad if you ask me.
    I don't recall Danzo planning to murder the other Kage or the Bijuu or anything as devastating to the shinobi world. He was selfish and had his own schemes for power in Konoha, but his plans weren't as insane as Sasuke's in my opinion.

  16. #25991
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    This. I don't get the logic that Danzo was better; both he and Sasuke are willing to go to horrific lengths for their otherwise good-intended goals.
    The difference is that Danzo is a guy who understood what he did was evil, and he was fine being the scum of Konoha so long as he could protect it. Sasuke's logic on the other hand comes off as a whiny teenager who doesn't really understand the implications of his actions.

    Not to mention, despite the series marginalizing the difference between life and death, I'd like to think that Danzo is a helluva lot less evil for wanting to kill a select few enemies, than Sasuke wanting to destroy the whole village(or world, or whatever the hell Sasuke's randomly changing goal is).
    ----------------------------------

  17. #25992
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    The difference is that Danzo is a guy who understood what he did was evil, and he was fine being the scum of Konoha so long as he could protect it. Sasuke's logic on the other hand comes off as a whiny teenager who doesn't really understand the implications of his actions.

    Not to mention, despite the series marginalizing the difference between life and death, I'd like to think that Danzo is a helluva lot less evil for wanting to kill a select few enemies, than Sasuke wanting to destroy the whole village(or world, or whatever the hell Sasuke's randomly changing goal is).
    I was getting ready to reply but you beat me to it. Good post, Raiga.

    In his own way, Danzo did care for Konoha. He didn't care how bad he acted, he would do what he believed was necessary for the survival of the Shinobi world as he said during the Gokage meeting when he manipulated Mifune. Danzo's overall actions in the series were deplorable, but I understood why he did them. Unlike Sasuke, I do think he cared for the survival of the shinobi world. He's shady but everything he did was to ensure the survival of the shinobi world, and he was willing to sacrifice others for it. Sasuke seems to want to kill everyone and then hit the reset button with his "What can be destroyed can be rebuilt" attitude.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  18. #25993
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I don't recall Danzo planning to murder the other Kage or the Bijuu or anything as devastating to the shinobi world. He was selfish and had his own schemes for power in Konoha, but his plans weren't as insane as Sasuke's in my opinion.
    Neither do I. What I do recall, however, is Danzo manipulating Nono into killing Kabuto simply because their potential danger had outweighed their usefulness. To say nothing of him outright abandoning Konoha during Pain's invasion solely in the hopes that Pain would kill Tsunade and allow him to take over. And while there was a bit more method to some of his other bits of madness (working with Hanzo to deal with Akatsuki; trying to keep Naruto from coming back to fight Pain, etc.), that doesn't really make them any less questionable.

    I don't see how any of that is any less questionable than Sasuke wanting to wipe the slate clean on the Elemental Nations.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    The difference is that Danzo is a guy who understood what he did was evil, and he was fine being the scum of Konoha so long as he could protect it. Sasuke's logic on the other hand comes off as a whiny teenager who doesn't really understand the implications of his actions.

    Not to mention, despite the series marginalizing the difference between life and death, I'd like to think that Danzo is a helluva lot less evil for wanting to kill a select few enemies, than Sasuke wanting to destroy the whole village(or world, or whatever the hell Sasuke's randomly changing goal is).
    I haven't seen any hint that Sasuke believes he's doing a good thing; just that he's willing to do evil for good's sake. That said, I do agree that Danzo had a greater grasp on what sort of person he was, but I don't see why it matters. At the end of the day they're still cut from the same cloth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I was getting ready to reply but you beat me to it. Good post, Raiga.

    In his own way, Danzo did care for Konoha. He didn't care how bad he acted, he would do what he believed was necessary for the survival of the Shinobi world as he said during the Gokage meeting when he manipulated Mifune. Danzo's overall actions in the series were deplorable, but I understood why he did them. Unlike Sasuke, I do think he cared for the survival of the shinobi world. He's shady but everything he did was to ensure the survival of the shinobi world, and he was willing to sacrifice others for it. Sasuke seems to want to kill everyone and then hit the reset button with his "What can be destroyed can be rebuilt" attitude.
    Err, where was it said that he wants to kill everybody? Unless I missed something, it's just the Gokage (relics of a past he wants to do away with, as it were) and Naruto (his most significant, if not only, roadblock).

    Sasuke's definitely not in the right, but I don't get the notion that he's any more indiscriminately evil than Danzo. They both have good intentions behind their madness.
    Last edited by Akashin; 23rd September 2014 at 7:32 PM.

  19. #25994
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Neither do I. What I do recall, however, is Danzo manipulating Nono into killing Kabuto because why not. To say nothing of him outright abandoning Konoha during Pain's invasion solely in the hopes that Pain would kill Tsunade and allow him to take over. And while there was a bit more method to some of his other bits of madness (working with Hanzo to deal with Akatsuki; trying to keep Naruto from coming back to fight Pain, etc.), that doesn't really make them any less questionable.

    I don't see how any of that is any less questionable than Sasuke wanting to wipe the slate clean on the Elemental Nations.



    I haven't seen any hint that Sasuke believes he's doing a good thing; just that he's willing to do evil for good's sake. That said, I do agree that Danzo had a greater grasp on what sort of person he was, but I don't see why it matters. At the end of the day they're still cut from the same cloth.



    Err, where was it said that he wants to kill everybody? Unless I missed something, it's just the Gokage (relics of a past he wants to do away with, as it were) and Naruto (his most significant, if not only, roadblock).

    Sasuke's definitely not in the right, but I don't get the notion that he's any more indiscriminately evil than Danzo. They both have good intentions behind their madness.
    Danzo did say that with Tsunade protecting the village the casualties in Konoha during Pain's invasion would be small, so it's not like he fully left them to die. Was Danzo hoping for Tsunade to die? I don't think he ever outright said that. Him not allowing Naruto to come back was so the Akatsuki could not get Kyuubi and therefore complete their task. That wasn't evil exactly. It's just he was trying to keep the power of Kyuubi away from the real bad guys and since Naruto's never talk no justu'd Danzo, he wasn't a "Naruto Believer"

    Again, Danzo's actions are deplorable, but not as bad as Sasuke's genocide quest.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  20. #25995
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Danzo did say that with Tsunade protecting the village the casualties in Konoha during Pain's invasion would be small, so it's not like he fully left them to die. Was Danzo hoping for Tsunade to die? I don't think he ever outright said that. Him not allowing Naruto to come back was so the Akatsuki could not get Kyuubi and therefore complete their task. That wasn't evil exactly. It's just he was trying to keep the power of Kyuubi away from the real bad guys and since Naruto's never talk no justu'd Danzo, he wasn't a "Naruto Believer"

    Again, Danzo's actions are deplorable, but not as bad as Sasuke's genocide quest.
    He didn't word for word say that he intended for Tsunade to die, but that certainly seemed to be what he meant. Granted on him blocking Naruto though; that wasn't strictly evil.

    You also still haven't pointed out where it was said that what Sasuke wants now is genocide.

  21. #25996
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Neither do I. What I do recall, however, is Danzo manipulating Nono into killing Kabuto simply because their potential danger had outweighed their usefulness. To say nothing of him outright abandoning Konoha during Pain's invasion solely in the hopes that Pain would kill Tsunade and allow him to take over. And while there was a bit more method to some of his other bits of madness (working with Hanzo to deal with Akatsuki; trying to keep Naruto from coming back to fight Pain, etc.), that doesn't really make them any less questionable.
    I felt that he simply wanted what was best for Konoha and took risks to protect it at the cost of several lives, which was still bad of course, but more understandable than what Sasuke's doing imo. I don't think Sasuke really cares for Konoha; it feels like he's still trying to get revenge against the village by planning to change it for the worst rather than by destroying it completely like he previously planned.

  22. #25997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I felt that he simply wanted what was best for Konoha and took risks to protect it at the cost of several lives, which was still bad of course, but more understandable than what Sasuke's doing imo. I don't think Sasuke really cares for Konoha; it feels like he's still trying to get revenge against the village by planning to change it for the worst rather than by destroying it completely like he previously planned.
    I think Sasuke cares about Konoha now tbh, I just think he's going about it the wrong way. There's no doubt that he'll most likely get talked out of doing what he's about to do now by Naruto and will probably rethink of the way he want to reform the ninja world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  23. #25998
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    He didn't word for word say that he intended for Tsunade to die, but that certainly seemed to be what he meant. Granted on him blocking Naruto though; that wasn't strictly evil.

    You also still haven't pointed out where it was said that what Sasuke wants now is genocide.
    Sasuke wanted to kill everyone in Konoha. And pretty much most of Konoha didn't even know what was going on with the Uchihas and Sasuke wanted to kill them anyway. Seems like a mass Genocide to me. That was before he wanted to Hokage. Now he wants to kill the Gokage for whatever reason and with his whole "rebuilding" attitude I'm willing to bet he'll kill anyone who stands against him, like Naruto. Sasuke doesn't care about the current world. Nothing proves that he does. He's betrayed everyone who actually gave a crap about him. He's a lowlife and his actions should not be rewarded by becoming Hokage.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  24. #25999
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I felt that he simply wanted what was best for Konoha and took risks to protect it at the cost of several lives, which was still bad of course, but more understandable than what Sasuke's doing imo. I don't think Sasuke really cares for Konoha; it feels like he's still trying to get revenge against the village by planning to change it for the worst rather than by destroying it completely like he previously planned.
    I'm... not sure where you got that impression from. I'm reasonably certain that he still holds some ill will toward the village that ruined him and his Clan, but that's why he wants to carry out this revolution; to strong-arm the world into a place where that sort of thing can't happen again.

    I agree about your assessment of Danzo, but I don't see how that differs from Sasuke wanting the best (or at least what he perceives to be the best) for the Elemental Nations and being willing to be the villain to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Sasuke wanted to kill everyone in Konoha. And pretty much most of Konoha didn't even know what was going on with the Uchihas and Sasuke wanted to kill them anyway. Seems like a mass Genocide to me. That was before he wanted to Hokage. Now he wants to kill the Gokage for whatever reason and with his whole "rebuilding" attitude I'm willing to bet he'll kill anyone who stands against him, like Naruto. Sasuke doesn't care about the current world. Nothing proves that he does. He's betrayed everyone who actually gave a crap about him. He's a lowlife and his actions should not be rewarded by becoming Hokage.
    I asked for an indication that he still wants genocide; I'm well aware that was what he wanted back before he cleared the air with Itachi, but I'm not talking about nor defending his character at that point. And even if he were willing to kill anybody that stands against him (he's singling out Naruto right now, but the potential for him to be willing to go that far is definitely there), that's still not a mass genocide.

    As for the rest of your post, I'd argue that he most definitely does care about the current world; enough so to want to correct it, at any rate. Agreed that he's a lowlife and has no place being Hokage or even a leader of anything (except his own broken down and non-existent Clan, anyway), though.

  25. #26000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Minato confirmed to be in The Last

    The movie is confirmed canon, so what the heck is Kishi's reasoning for keeping him alive?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

    LIVE IN YUR WRLD. PLY IN URS.

Page 1040 of 1052 FirstFirst ... 4094099010301036103710381039104010411042104310441050 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •