Page 1052 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 52952100210421048104910501051105210531054105510561062 ... LastLast
Results 26,276 to 26,300 of 27135

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Naruto is a series that should have ended years ago.

I've been in and out about it, never paid it much attention until the war because I heard it was ending after that, but I knew quite a bit about Shippuden before actually watching/reading it.

I probably won't miss it as much as everyone else, but it is kinda sad to to see it go (though it's long overdue lol).
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by XanderCage View Post
    I've seen somewhere that we are getting the last two chapters next week. I'm not sure how true that is, but if the final chapter is supposed to be around 40 pages, plus the chapter before it, we may be getting 60+ pages of Naruto to end the series.
    We're definitely getting a double length chapter for #700 but I've been hearing that #699 will be double too and they'll come out at the same time. Who knows.

edit: Actually it seems like 700 will be the only double length. Both come out next week. Wow, I can't believe this will be over so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by patrickab7 View Post
    Seemed like a given, but the newest teaser trailer all but confirmed Kakashi as the 6th Hokage as it shows him in the hat and robe.
    Yup, looks like Kakashi is the Hokage. I'm glad that he is actually. I still feel it's to early for Naruto to gain the position even if The Last is years later. Interestingly, we know that Tsunade is in the movie so it looks like she steps down like Hiruzen did.
    Last edited by Shneak; 30th October 2014 at 5:46 PM.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

The movie's name should be Hinata:The Last Movie lol. I can't believe that queen of irrelevance is getting a major role in the movie ~
    Last edited by besho; 30th October 2014 at 5:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    The movie's name should be Hinata:The Last Movie lol. I can't believe that queen of irrelevancy is getting a major role in the movie ~
    Well the Hyuuga clan is going to have a major role in the movie, so Hinata being a major character was a given LOL

Are people really that upset Kakashi being Hokage? Lol

Wasn't the hole reason for Naruto to become Hokage to get recognized by the village? He accomplished that by saving the village from Pain.

I think Kakashi is just fine.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    We're definitely getting a double length chapter for #700 but I've been hearing that #699 will be double too and they'll come out at the same time. Who knows.

edit: Actually it seems like 700 will be the only double length. Both come out next week. Wow, I can't believe this will be over so soon.

Yup, looks like Kakashi is the Hokage. I'm glad that he is actually. I still feel it's to early for Naruto to gain the position even if The Last is years later. Interestingly, we know that Tsunade is in the movie so it looks like she steps down like Hiruzen did.
    Between 699 and 700 there would be the 44 pages. Those 2 chapters are gonna be 22 pages long each one (larger than a regular 16-pages-long chappie). The last one will be full color in all the 22 pages, the 699 is in B/W.

I think Naruto even doesn't gave it a damn about being a Hokage. He wanted to be Hokage only to be recognized by the entire Konoha village. But he accomplished that recognition, so he would be hapy for Kakashi being a Hokage

Quote Originally Posted by Mohaayou View Post
    By the way, I've noticed that nobody said one important thing:
    According to kishimoto the last chapter will have more than 40 pages, in addition to being fully coloured.
    In my opinion,it's the perfect way to finish the series
    If that's true then that sounds great tbh. The last chapter should have a sense of climax and I can't think of a better way than for Kishi to make a full-color chapter that's 40 pages long.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Are people really that upset Kakashi being Hokage? Lol

Wasn't the hole reason for Naruto to become Hokage to get recognized by the village? He accomplished that by saving the village from Pain.

I think Kakashi is just fine.
    I'm pretty sure that that stopped being his sole reason way back around the Wave Arc, when Haku gave him a metaphorical smack upside the head and told him that acknowledgement isn't a sufficient reason to lead an entire village. Granted, he's more than achieved his other reason for being Hokage (protecting the village as a whole, if I recall) without being Hokage.

I'm perfectly fine with Kakashi as Hokage, though seeing at least hints that the torch will be passed to Naruto next wouldn't be unwelcome.

Kakashi's not a bad choice for Hokage, but this whole thing about "Naruto's not ready yet." Well if he's not ready now he's never going to be. The series is ending and there's no room for anymore kind of growth on Naruto. So if he's not ready now, he'll never be. Naruto is vastly superior to Kakashi in about every way skill wise, and this is coming from a big Kakashi fan. Me personally, I still think the time to make Kakashi Hokage has come and gone, but that's just me. And again, I'm a huge Kakashi fan. I want a Team Minato spinoff for crying out loud. But I'll laugh if Naruto never became Hokage in the manga series
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Kakashi being the 6th Hokage is still ridiculous imho. He didn't care for the title much before and only agreed to become Hokage after Danzo was killed as a last resort due to Tsunade's coma. She's still alive as far as we know, so I'm not sure why she'd give the position to Kakashi when she knows Naruto wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Kakashi being the 6th Hokage is still ridiculous imho. He didn't care for the title much before and only agreed to become Hokage after Danzo was killed as a last resort due to Tsunade's coma. She's still alive as far as we know, so I'm not sure why she'd give the position to Kakashi when she knows Naruto wants it.
    Well personally I consider Naruto and Kakashi above Tsunade, so I'd have been fine with Kakashi taking over after Danzo. That's when they should have done it. Tsunade has like zero relevance to the series anymore in part 2. Kakashi being Hokage now, just feels off, and again I'm a massive Kakashi fan. But we know Naruto could overthrow him if he wanted too.

I could see Naruto choosing not to become hokage anymore in the last chapters. As others poimted out, he only wanted the title to gain acknowledgement and respect from his fellow villagers. He already earned it, so I don't see the need for him to become hokage anymore. I think that would show a lot of maturity on his part.

Besides, the title is useless now that he is the messiah of the ninja world

That depends on if Naruto still has his messiah powers. Doesn't look like it so far. He lost his arm. But if Naruto got offered the position and turned it down, then that would be okay. At least they would be acknowledging that Naruto's worthy of the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I could see Naruto choosing not to become hokage anymore in the last chapters. As others poimted out, he only wanted the title to gain acknowledgement and respect from his fellow villagers. He already earned it, so I don't see the need for him to become hokage anymore. I think that would show a lot of maturity on his part.
    Not counting his Sasuke obsession in Part 2, attaining the Hokage title has been Naruto's main driving force throughout the manga, so why should he do a 180 and snub his dream?

Well maybe he feels that he isn't mature enough yet to take the title. Which explains why Kakashi is the hokage since he is the only other canidate

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    That depends on if Naruto still has his messiah powers. Doesn't look like it so far. He lost his arm. But if Naruto got offered the position and turned it down, then that would be okay. At least they would be acknowledging that Naruto's worthy of the title.
    Why does losing his arm mean that he lost his powers? Last I checked, Sasuke still had his Rinnegan despite losing his arm as well
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 30th October 2014 at 10:04 PM.

Well maybe he feels that he isn't mature enough yet to take the title. Which explains why Kakashi is the hokage since he is the only other canidate

Why does losing his arm mean that he lost his powers? Last I checked, Sasuke still had his Rinnegan despite losing his arm as well
    That's not what I meant. If Naruto still has his messiah powers, why hasn't he regrown his arm yet? And there's no point in Naruto to say he's not ready yet. The series is ending. If he's not Hokage ready now then he's not going to be. There's no room for anymore growth on that level.

That's not what I meant. If Naruto still has his messiah powers, why hasn't he regrown his arm yet? And there's no point in Naruto to say he's not ready yet. The series is ending. If he's not Hokage ready now then he's not going to be. There's no room for anymore growth on that level.
    Well the only other explaination as to why he isn't hokage is because, like I earlier, he just doesn't want the title anymore. It may be contradicting, but you have the blame that on Kishimoto

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin View Post
    Between 699 and 700 there would be the 44 pages. Those 2 chapters are gonna be 22 pages long each one (larger than a regular 16-pages-long chappie). The last one will be full color in all the 22 pages, the 699 is in B/W.
    This is correct, for those wondering: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...chapter/.80447

It does make sense to me that Kakashi would become Hokage after Obito's parting words. Just because Kakashi may not desire the position doesn't mean he wouldn't accept it under certain circumstances (see Hashirama, Tsunade, and to some extent, Hiruzen). I imagine like someone said, Naruto will concede the position to Kakashi. Or more like, it'll be part of his plan. I'm thinking both Naruto and Sasuke will have unorthodox roles henceforth in the story and in the big picture of shinobi. Not sure if these roles would be related to each other though.

Well the only other explaination as to why he isn't hokage is because, like I earlier, he just doesn't want the title anymore. It may be contradicting, but you have the blame that on Kishimoto
    There's been too much buildup for Naruto's Hokage thing. Several people advising him on what it means to be Hokage, including Gaara and Itachi. Tsunade and others putting their trust in Naruto to become Hokage. Naruto vowing he'll never die until he becomes Hokage. Shikamaru wanting to be his right hand man when he becomes Hokage. Naruto would basically be betraying the entire series if he suddenly didn't want it anymore and becomes some bum wander like Jaden Yuki in Yu-gi-oh GX.

There's been too much buildup for Naruto's Hokage thing. Several people advising him on what it means to be Hokage, including Gaara and Itachi. Tsunade and others putting their trust in Naruto to become Hokage. Naruto vowing he'll never die until he becomes Hokage. Shikamaru wanting to be his right hand man when he becomes Hokage. Naruto would basically be betraying the entire series if he suddenly didn't want it anymore and becomes some bum wander like Jaden Yuki in Yu-gi-oh GX.
    He might just come back to it later. He just turned like 16 or 17 right? He doesn't have to be like Gaara. But then again, Naruto eventually becoming Hokage always seemed to be the one given for this entire story. So is this supposed to be a plot twist? Kishi did say that he knew how he wanted the story to end. Maybe Naruto not becoming Hokage was part of it, although they foreshadowed it for so long. We just have to wait and see exactly what happens next week.

I'm not even sure why Tsunade would choose to retire tbh. She may not be the best Hokage ever, but didn't Jiraiya previously tell her that it's not good for the village to keep changing leadership so quickly? I would think that if Naruto declines the title for whatever reason, Tsunade would heed Jiraiya's words and keep the title for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    He might just come back to it later. He just turned like 16 or 17 right? He doesn't have to be like Gaara. But then again, Naruto eventually becoming Hokage always seemed to be the one given for this entire story. So is this supposed to be a plot twist? Kishi did say that he knew how he wanted the story to end. Maybe Naruto not becoming Hokage was part of it, although they foreshadowed it for so long. We just have to wait and see exactly what happens next week.
    I don't see the point of it. If everyone acknowledges Naruto, then why not just make him Hokage? I would imagine after this war everyone has faith in Naruto. He powered up the entire shinobi alliance and saved them all. But if Naruto is not even in selection and they pick Kakashi, then don't even bother with coming back to it later. Naruto was never Holage worthy then and the fanbase just has to live with it. Because I seriously doubt saving Hanabi Hyuuga in this last ditch effort to get fans to watch one of the Naruto movies, will make Naruto more worthy of being Hokage then stopping the likes of Sasuke.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/10/...y-information/

On A different note, more information about the film. It turns out romance will actually be a major part of the film

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/10/...y-information/

On A different note, more information about the film. It turns out romance will actually be a major part of the film
    I actually don't mind that. I like romance. I just hope everything ties together with the manga well. I also want to see some Neji flashbacks of some sort.

I still don't like that both Hinata and Hanabi seem to be weak hostage fodder for the story... but who knows, maybe Hanabi will show some spine (in a more believable way than Sakura hopefully...). And even though I don't usually have strong opinions about pairings in non-romance manga, I'm kind of looking forward to NarutoXHinata. It kind of shows that the characters and story have matured after all these years.

The whole scarf thing reminds me of     Spoiler:- Another popular manga:
    though haha.

I like naruhina despite it being underdeveloped, and am glad its now basically confirmed. Who knows, naruto and hinata might even be a couple during the timeskip or at the end of the manga

Page 1052 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 52952100210421048104910501051105210531054105510561062 ... LastLast