Page 1067 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 67967101710571063106410651066106710681069107010711077 ... LastLast
Results 26,651 to 26,675 of 27154

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

I just noticed that Kiba is apparently with Tamaki in the epilogue. That's the oddest couple thus far in my view, even more random than Choji and Karui.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Yeah, I mean aren't. Sorry typo. And I don't like the fact that Bolt looks exactly like his dad though. They could have given him a different hairstyle. Again, I offer they could have used Kushina's hair. That's one I'd have liked to have seen.
    That would have looked better per se, but then they'd have no resemblance to either of their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I just noticed that Kiba is apparently with Tamaki in the epilogue. That's the oddest couple thus far in my view, even more random than Choji and Karui.
    Aw I was hoping that at least Kiba seemed to find a random girl that wasn't already introduced in the story and may not have been a ninja to begin with. And I thought it might have just been a date and not necessarily an "official couple". I imagined Kiba to be an eternal bachelor like Yamcha from Dragonball. So Kishi really did just throw all of the Konoha 12 with any character he could find lol. I wish this final chapter wasn't so lazy...

Nothing is more random than Choji and Karui. The biggest WTF moment in the entire epilogue, even more than SasuSaku. Those two didn't interact once in the entire series and they got married?? Why her and not some nameless Konoha villager?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    That would have looked better per se, but then they'd have no resemblance to either of their parents.

Aw I was hoping that at least Kiba seemed to find a random girl that wasn't already introduced in the story and may not have been a ninja to begin with. And I thought it might have just been a date and not necessarily an "official couple". I imagined Kiba to be an eternal bachelor like Yamcha from Dragonball. So Kishi really did just throw all of the Konoha 12 with any character he could find lol. I wish this final chapter wasn't so lazy...
    Bolt still would look like Naruto though, face wise. But right now he just looks like a Naruto clone. A mini one.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

wasn't her last appearance in like chapter 350 something lol

Again it's the end of the series.

Kishi literally threw his hands in the air and screamed YOLO and paired everyone with anyone.

Nothing will top what he did to Choji lol.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Bolt still would look like Naruto though, face wise. But right now he just looks like a Naruto clone. A mini one.
    right now i like bolt's appearance as a kid more than naruto did when he looked like a kid...but i was expecting bolt to have hinata hair color but with minato hair but a lil bit shorter

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

It is pretty odd since they could have just showed him without a lover and still had the child like with Lee. Kishi must have some odd reasoning.
    Last edited by diakyu; 8th November 2014 at 3:43 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    It is pretty odd since you could have just showed him without a lover and still had the child like with Lee. Kishi must have some odd reasoning.
    I sincerely doubt his rationale went any further than, "You know, wouldn't it be funny if Kiba married that girl with a lot of cats?"

The one thing that I do like about it's sad ending is he's pretty much passing the torch onto one piece at the end in a way, much respect for Masashi Kishimoto .
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Quote Originally Posted by ven? View Post
    The one thing that I do like about it's sad ending is he's pretty much passing the torch onto one piece at the end in a way, much respect for Masashi Kishimoto .
    you cant really past the torch to something that's sold better to you since the beginning

if it was the other way around than it wouldve been better....and although i dont read One Piece(its way too far ahead for me to catch up) the general consensus is that One Piece>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naruto or any other current shonen manga...hypothetically kishimoto shouldve been the one receiving the torch from Oda

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

True, whether it was passing the torch or just giving kudos to one piece at the end, Naruto was once apart of the big 3 anime with bleach and one piece, now it's all one piece.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

True, whether it was passing the torch or just giving kudos to one piece at the end, Naruto was once apart of the big 3 anime with bleach and one piece, now it's all one piece.
    I'm pretty sure the "big three" was just an American thing.

Plus tack on the fact that shounen stuff is all North America really got for the most part. It's hard not to consider them larger than life when they're all you had to pick from.
    ----------------------------------

Yeah. In term of manga these are the three names I always hear. Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece. I tried to get into the other two. I failed But Naruto was always a interesting story for me. It caught my interest during the time Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura were trying to steal a bell from Kakashi, and I officially fell in love with it during the Zabuza and Haku arc.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I sincerely doubt his rationale went any further than, "You know, wouldn't it be funny if Kiba married that girl with a lot of cats?"
    Tbh, she looked so normal when I saw her in the epilogue that I thought she was a random villager at first. Alas. Kishi paired practically everyone together like some strange fan fic.

Naruto's original setting and premise made it more interesting that other two at first. It seemed like everyone could possibly be useful from learning different moves and such but once Naruto started training with Jirayia the series went downhill. Then it picked back up with the Akatsuki and took a massive dive after the pain arc

I thought this ending was so cheezy and OOC and very rushed. I felt very robbed from the ending. All development happened off screen. The final fight was undewhelming to say the least and this series has been going downhill IMO ever since Pain arc ended.

I don't care about pairings but even I was kind of WTF'ing at Sasuke's all of a sudden turn around in 699 and Hinata was basically irrelevant to the very end, yet Naruto is married to her in the epilogue? I know there's a movie coming out but a movie should not tell the story the manga was supposed to tell. A movie is filler. Never have I seen a anime movie that was supposed to explain the ending of a manga. It just reeks of greed and trying to make a quick buck. You had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and Sasuke for Sakura but you didn't SHOW that. You showed Naruto in love with Sakura till 699, I mean he even called Sakura his girlfriend to Minato. You showed Sasuke annoyed with Sakura for almost the entire manga, trying to kill her, and all of a sudden it's all okay with a forehead touch. Say what?

Then I had an issue with Naruto in the epilogue. He knows what being neglected feels like so the fact that he's doing that to his own son is really upsetting to me. Why can't he have a shadow clone help him out with his Hokage work? Although Naruto is nothing compared to Sasuke. Leaving Sakura and Salad(lol) home while he's on a quest for what enlightenment. He's the epitome of a dead beat dad and that just really...sucked to see that to say the least.

Overall I was very disappointed in the ending. Sigh and all those random couples just one after the other, some that didn't even interact in the manga. It was worse than the Harry Potter epilogue and that epilogue is hated by almost everybody in that fandom because of how cheezy and OOC it was.

Sakura has shown feelings for Sasuke since day one so that one at least had a little ground to stand on. TBH, I bet Kishi thought, ooh, 700....what a good number to end on. I would rather have another 100 chapters if it ended it better, but it is what it is. Still, it's a werid feeling for me. This is the first manga I've read that wasn't complete when I started reading it so it feels bittersweet that it is over.

I've heard there is a spin-off manga or something like that coming next year apparently? I wonder why he would end the series just to revive it in a couple months. Why not just keep going and end it in spring.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Sakura has shown feelings for Sasuke since day one so that one at least had a little ground to stand on. TBH, I bet Kishi thought, ooh, 700....what a good number to end on. I would rather have another 100 chapters if it ended it better, but it is what it is. Still, it's a werid feeling for me. This is the first manga I've read that wasn't complete when I started reading it so it feels bittersweet that it is over.

I've heard there is a spin-off manga or something like that coming next year apparently? I wonder why he would end the series just to revive it in a couple months. Why not just keep going and end it in spring.
    Yeah. There is going to be a spin off focusing on the kids in spring. It's going to be a miniseries though. Unless Kishimoto decides to extend it.

Of the "big three", Naruto was always the best in my opinion. I haven't followed One Piece and Bleach much, and don't get me wrong, Naruto definitely has its flaws. But there's a reason it's the only one that kept me hooked until the very end and beyond. One Piece's style and artistic direction are interesting and unique, but inferior to Masashi Kishimoto's style (for me). And One Piece seems to kind of just keep going and going with a wealth of random, strange - sometimes useless - characters, whereas most of Naruto's characters are more interesting and relevant to me (even if they aren't always developed properly). Also, the combat, villains, plot, humor, world, characters, art, etc. are all more captivating to me than what I know of One Piece. Not to mention ninjas > pirates. :P

And Bleach isn't even close. It's almost entirely style over substance.

All of this is my opinion of course.

Naruto as an Anime/Manga series has been nothing but disappointment for me since the end of Part 1 that has failed to live up to it's full potential as the best Shonen Jump series since Dragon Ball Z, from an unnecessary 100+ episode filler gap between Part 1 and Part 2 (Naruto Shippuden), to severe inconsistencies in Kishimoto's writing in Part 2 that makes me question the series' own popularity when it doesn't even deserve most of the praise it gets in the West.

Is there anything memorable about the Naruto series that will stand the test of time compared to it's Shonen Jump predecessors to actually warrant itself as a "gateway" Anime/Manga series in the West? For me there really isn't but this is coming from someone whose "gateway" Anime/Manga series is Dragon Ball Z where Toriyama was really enthusiastic about the series he created where as Kishimoto felt disengaged. What good is writing and illustrating your own Anime/Manga series If you aren't enjoying your work?
    Last edited by Poke Trainer J; 14th November 2014 at 2:00 PM.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code for Pokemon X Version: 3196 - 3039 - 5914

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post

There is a spin off coming out but and big BUT Kishi will not be handling it. He has confirmed this and in his place his assistant/editor will handle the property. We all know how well Dragonball GT did so...bare that in mind. Spin offs rarely are successful. Even he wants to distance himself from Naruto as much as possible. That's why I don't believe this is the ending he had in mind from the beginning. But he chose this ending for convenience sake and money. So he sold out from his real ending, very disappointing IMO.

Hopefully he doesn't pull a Rowling and regret his ending down the line like she did and come out and say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    Of the "big three", Naruto was always the best in my opinion. I haven't followed One Piece and Bleach much, and don't get me wrong, Naruto definitely has its flaws. But there's a reason it's the only one that kept me hooked until the very end and beyond. One Piece's style and artistic direction are interesting and unique, but inferior to Masashi Kishimoto's style (for me). And One Piece seems to kind of just keep going and going with a wealth of random, strange - sometimes useless - characters, whereas most of Naruto's characters are more interesting and relevant to me (even if they aren't always developed properly). Also, the combat, villains, plot, humor, world, characters, art, etc. are all more captivating to me than what I know of One Piece. Not to mention ninjas > pirates. :P
    I feel the exact same way. I read all three and One Piece does interest me, but it just doesn't click as well with me like Naruto did. The art style is different and works for the manga. There's just something about it that doesn't grab me as easily.

And Bleach isn't even close. It's almost entirely style over substance.

All of this is my opinion of course.
    With Bleach, boy where do I start? The art is fantastic. Kubo is a great artist, hands down, but with Bleach, the story just doesn't seem right. There are times where I'm pretty sure Kubo makes it up as he goes along and there are times when it makes you go, "why?" I've invested too much time in it to just drop it and not see it till the end.

I liked the ending of Naruto. I don't care about pairings so none of that bothered me. I didn't start the manga for characters relationships so I couldn't care less who ended up with whom. I was surprised that Tsunade made it to the end alive. I spent over a decade reading this series and now it feels so surreal that it's all over. I applaud Kishimoto for making this series and I congratulate him on making it to 700 chapters. Now my question for him is now what? What can we expect from Kishimoto now that the Shonen giant Naruto is all over? He could do what Mashima did and write another or will he milk the series for what it's worth like they are doing with Dragon Ball?
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    That's why I don't believe this is the ending he had in mind from the beginning. But he chose this ending for convenience sake and money. So he sold out from his real ending, very disappointing IMO.
    Please tell me you don't believe this just so you can justify some dislike you may have with the ending.

And it's a mini-series, not a spin-off.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Page 1067 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 67967101710571063106410651066106710681069107010711077 ... LastLast