Page 1068 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 68968101810581064106510661067106810691070107110721078 ... LastLast
Results 26,676 to 26,700 of 27175

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #26676
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I hear a lot of comments about Kishimoto selling out, and quite frankly, as someone who has followed this series for 11 years, I don't get it. The story really took a nosedive in quality after the Invasion of Pain arc, but everything after Kaguya's defeat has been solid enough to make me fall in love with the series again. There are a lot of loose ends untied (for now), but we all know writing long stories isn't Kishi's forte.

  2. #26677
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,131

    Default

    I never saw Naruto as the best of the "Big 3" manga or whatever that's called, but it was certainly a good manga, at least until the war arc. By the way, is the mini-series a manga or a novel, and will Kishi write it?

  3. #26678
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    For me the series did peak at the Pain Invasion arc, but not everything has been downright horrible. I did like chapter 700 for the most part and everyone knows my opinion on chapter 699. Yeah a bunch of characters are just inconsistent all the time but what can you do? The war arc had some stupid stuff in it. Mainly the Edo Tensei spamming and bringing Orochimaru back when he didn't need to return. Easily my biggest complaint of the Naruto series. Second would be them ruining my favorite Uchiha, Obito. Making him Fakedara and the real Madara some last minute super villain that Naruto's never even met before. Great move. But it's still not as bad as Orochimaru coming back. worst thing this series ever did.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  4. #26679
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I never saw Naruto as the best of the "Big 3" manga or whatever that's called, but it was certainly a good manga, at least until the war arc. By the way, is the mini-series a manga or a novel, and will Kishi write it?
    The mini-series, focusing on the children, will be written by Kishi. That said, there seems to be a series of novels too, the first one about Kakashi, that will be written by the dude who wrote the Blood Prison movie.

  5. #26680
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,609

    Default

    And it will be a weekly serialized Manga. But I'm pretty sure it's written by his assistant (?).
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  6. #26681
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I never saw Naruto as the best of the "Big 3" manga or whatever that's called, but it was certainly a good manga, at least until the war arc. By the way, is the mini-series a manga or a novel, and will Kishi write it?
    It kinda was the better of the big 3.

    One Piece is great but continues to pad out and have the story go nowhere, what happened to halfway there Oda?

    Bleach is beyond bad, Bleach is literally on it's last legs. It's gone on way longer that it should.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  7. #26682
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    It kinda was the better of the big 3.

    One Piece is great but continues to pad out and have the story go nowhere, what happened to halfway there Oda?

    Bleach is beyond bad, Bleach is literally on it's last legs. It's gone on way longer that it should.
    I agree about Bleach, but One Piece is consistently good in my view, whereas Naruto had consistency and pacing issues during most of Part 2.

    One of my issues with Part 2 was that villages like Kusagakure and Takigakure had no real roles.

  8. #26683
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    from what i hear One Piece is the better of the "Big Three" because its story is more fluid, even with a giant cast they all have screen time, the fights are more realistic as most fights dont have plot shield and the characters actually develop.
    in naruto the only characters who actually developed were
    naruto
    sasuke
    shikamaru
    itachi
    obito(not in a good way but still)

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  9. #26684
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    from what i hear One Piece is the better of the "Big Three" because its story is more fluid, even with a giant cast they all have screen time, the fights are more realistic as most fights dont have plot shield and the characters actually develop.
    in naruto the only characters who actually developed were
    naruto
    sasuke
    shikamaru
    itachi
    obito(not in a good way but still)
    Hey! What about Kakashi? He started off as a arrogant elite jerk that needed a wake up call. LOl, sorry just the Kakashi fan in me talking.

    I would also add Gaara and Neji to the developed list. More Gaara. I'd say he changed more then Itachi did. Itachi is the worlds greatest actor, worthy of a award. But I wouldn't say he changed that much over the course. We just learned what he was really up to. But yeah, the other names you listed are pretty accurate.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  10. #26685
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    The main characters of One Piece have plot armour too. There have been many instances where the straw hat crew could have lost members, but didn't because it'd inconvenient the plot. As a shounen, it's not much better than Naruto. Both of them can be insanely good when they peak, and both of them can drag. The key difference, imo, is that One Piece does world building a lot better.

  11. #26686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilSea View Post
    The mini-series, focusing on the children, will be written by Kishi. That said, there seems to be a series of novels too, the first one about Kakashi, that will be written by the dude who wrote the Blood Prison movie.

    This is false, Kishi will not be writing part 3 this has been confirmed. His assistant will be writing part 3. Kishi is moving on.

    And it will be a weekly serialized Manga. But I'm pretty sure it's written by his assistant (?).
    Yes P3 which is basically just short stories will be written by his assistant. However how long will part 3 last is anyone's guess.

    The fact that Kishi is not writing it does not bode well for it's longevity. We all remember Dragonball GT after all don't we?

  12. #26687
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    This is false, Kishi will not be writing part 3 this has been confirmed. His editor will be writing part 3. Kishi is moving on.
    Where has this been confirmed? I see several sites saying it, but none of them have linked to a proper source.

  13. #26688

    Default

    I also have to say I do not like Hinata, I think for the most part she did nothing during the manga and was useless throughout the entire thing. That being said I would not have minded NH HAD it been shown development. Which well we all know it did not get barely any development. Like I said before who ends up with who and whom sleeps with who is not something I really care for.

    This guy had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and he didn't do it. He had 699 chapters of Naruto in love with Sakura and then 700 was when he magically was married to Hinata? How else am I supposed to take this aside from the fact that he sold out and this was not the ending he wanted from the beginning?

    Yes I know a movie is coming out to explain Naruto and Hinata but that's just the problem. Why does he need a movie? He had 700 chapters that is plenty of time to develop relationships and now all of a sudden in a movie we're gonna get flashbacks that were never brought up in the manga. Hinata is coming to the forefront because of a forced plot in the movie and in this movie Naruto will fall for Hinata. This movies been in development for 2 years, this manga has been 15 years in the making. Something's not right in this timeline if NH was always the plan. Never in the history of anime have I ever heard a MOVIE being used to explain something in the manga. Never and the reason is because movies in the anime world are highly regarded as FILLER and only used for the anime companies purpose to make money off a brand. So this movie to me reeks of making one last cheap buck off the fanbase and I'm not okay with that.

    The only anime movie I watched was Pokemon The First Movie and that was because I was 9 years old and obsessed with everything Pokemon back then.

    The manga should tell your story for you not a 2 hour movie.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 9th November 2014 at 11:12 PM.

  14. #26689
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,131

    Default

    I never really saw Kakashi as a developed character if I'm being honest. He started out as a hyped ninja who couldn't really deliver and that's basically how his character ended; his peak was when he gained Obito's full Mangekyo Sharingan and used Susano'o in my view, but that didn't last long.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2014 at 11:36 PM.

  15. #26690
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I never really saw Kakashi has a developed character if I'm being honest. He started out as a hyped ninja who couldn't really deliver and that's basically how his character ended; his peak was when he gained Obito's full Mangekyo Sharingan and used Susano'o in my view, but that didn't last long.
    Lorde, those are fighting words! How can you say that? Kakashi is the cooliest of the cool! He didn't get super development over the series, but he did change...through his chronicles. Outside his chronicles? No, he didn't change at all. The character didn't have too. Skill wise I always thought Kakashi was great. Just not compared to the Super Freak Club, because those guys are just that. Super freaks and not ninjas. Kakashi is a true ninja.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  16. #26691
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TranquilSea View Post
    The main characters of One Piece have plot armour too. There have been many instances where the straw hat crew could have lost members, but didn't because it'd inconvenient the plot. As a shounen, it's not much better than Naruto. Both of them can be insanely good when they peak, and both of them can drag. The key difference, imo, is that One Piece does world building a lot better.
    Not when it comes to losing fights. The straw hat crew constantly lost fights to stronger opponents. As far as plot armor goes, One Piece had the least amount by a huge margin

  17. #26692
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Not when it comes to losing fights. The straw hat crew constantly lost fights to stronger opponents. As far as plot armor goes, One Piece had the least amount by a huge margin
    Point taken. That said, too often, "losing fights" isn't necessarily a reason for it being better. It's the nature of a shounen to have the protagonists win in the end, and I'm one of those who prefer it when an author doesn't beat around the bushes. Powerful attacks that seem like they can obliterate a character lose a lot of its impact when you know that character taking it will survive just because they're a key protagonist.

  18. #26693
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Around water.
    Posts
    2,457

    Default

    A lot of characters had at least a little development. Think of everyone who Naruto inspired with his undying idealism (Neji, Gaara, Tsunade, Raikage (I think), Nagato, Konan, Sasuke, etc.). Then I can also add Orochimaru since he changed a lot near the end (albeit in a random way). There's plenty of character development, I think the only problem is that there are many characters who had moments of stagnation because there was no focus on them (especially in Part II). But considering the size of the story, I think Kishi did a pretty good job.

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    This guy had 700 chapters to show us Naruto falling for Hinata and he didn't do it. He had 699 chapters of Naruto in love with Sakura and then 700 was when he magically was married to Hinata? How else am I supposed to take this aside from the fact that he sold out and this was not the ending he wanted from the beginning?
    I took it as he didn't have that and other parts of the ending completely figured out yet. He jumped back and forth between NaruSaku and NaruHina just to keep the love triangle going, but had no clear vision for where it would end up (he was more focused on the Ten Tails and the Naruto/Senju vs. Sasuke/Uchiha plot lines, which were probably more important anyway). I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just assume that he deviated from some initially planned ending. Either way he's at fault though; he should have planned something and he should have stuck with it.

    As for the miniseries, can't remember if I already said this, but I'm guessing there's a possibility that Kishi wants to make it a full-length series. Like he's testing the waters. I think it would be difficult to maintain the same quality of story considering chapter 700's Utopian-like world and mostly recycled characters, but there were also bits of potential in the final chapter too.

  19. #26694
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Finally decided to read the last two chapters last night. Was that Orochimaru stalking Sasuke, or Karin? Sarada has Karin's stalkerish attitude, and why have glasses when her parents don't? Maybe Karin is most likely like an aunt now, and her attitude probably washed off into her. Having children in Ch700 despite the undeveloped relationships was most likely caused by the baby boomers effect that we also experienced in real life after WWII. This would make sense for pairings like Sai x Ino and Choji x Karui, whom only had about 2-3 years of relationship to progress enough to have children.

    The near decade long timeskip from The Last to Chapter 700 is gonna be beneficial to telling side stories of life post war. Personally, I'd love the anime to do stories in this gap. Maybe have one gag episode where all the women say they're pregnant. Of course it's not a gag since they have children, but more like exaggerate the men's reactions. How would Shikamaru react if Temari told him he was pregnant? Lee has a son, so maybe have a gag where Lee and Gai are feeling old and have them do one of their manly cry again. Or maybe just show life in the village now that almost everyone has settled, and all is at peace again.

    Btw, what was up with the city full of buildings above Konoha? Amegakure also has buildings, but they don't look very modern. They have shown TVs, camera monitors, and even electricity, but now Naruto has a laptop? Is there an Apple Store also somewhere in the village? The village below is all wood, yet just above the mountain heads is most likely a booming city made of concrete and steel. Will I see Kiba driving around in a Lambo to impress his cat lover girlfriend?
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  20. #26695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    A lot of characters had at least a little development. Think of everyone who Naruto inspired with his undying idealism (Neji, Gaara, Tsunade, Raikage (I think), Nagato, Konan, Sasuke, etc.). Then I can also add Orochimaru since he changed a lot near the end (albeit in a random way). There's plenty of character development, I think the only problem is that there are many characters who had moments of stagnation because there was no focus on them (especially in Part II). But considering the size of the story, I think Kishi did a pretty good job.


    I took it as he didn't have that and other parts of the ending completely figured out yet. He jumped back and forth between NaruSaku and NaruHina just to keep the love triangle going, but had no clear vision for where it would end up (he was more focused on the Ten Tails and the Naruto/Senju vs. Sasuke/Uchiha plot lines, which were probably more important anyway). I could be wrong, but I don't think you can just assume that he deviated from some initially planned ending. Either way he's at fault though; he should have planned something and he should have stuck with it.

    As for the miniseries, can't remember if I already said this, but I'm guessing there's a possibility that Kishi wants to make it a full-length series. Like he's testing the waters. I think it would be difficult to maintain the same quality of story considering chapter 700's Utopian-like world and mostly recycled characters, but there were also bits of potential in the final chapter too.

    Kishi will not be participating in part 3. He's already confirmed this. He's distancing himself from Naruto. His assistant will handle part 3.

  21. #26696
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,132

    Default

    so did gaara get his beast back or what

  22. #26697
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    48,131

    Default

    So aside from revealing jutsu names, character birthdays and nature types, did the 4th databook reveal any new interesting tidbits of information?

  23. #26698
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    so did gaara get his beast back or what
    I don't think so.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  24. #26699
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Kishi will not be participating in part 3. He's already confirmed this. He's distancing himself from Naruto. His assistant will handle part 3.
    Once again, I'm going to have to ask for a source. The last ANN article I read points out that a "new mini-series by Kishimoto" "will launch next spring."

  25. #26700
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    so did gaara get his beast back or what
    No. That would go against the freedom the Sage wanted to establish by having Naruto be the only jinchuuriki.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Page 1068 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 68968101810581064106510661067106810691070107110721078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •