Page 1077 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 7797710271067107310741075107610771078107910801081 ... LastLast
Results 26,901 to 26,925 of 27163

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #26901
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    For a finale, it was nowhere near as good a Tayuya vs Shikamaru, Neji vs Kidomaru or Lee and Gaara vs Kimimaro. These Imo were excellent part 1 finale fights
    Neji's win was bland though tbh. I mean he basically just channeled chakra through Kidomaru's thread which hurt him for whatever reason and used Gentle Fist afterwards. Boring. Gaara vs. Kimimaro was anti-climactic as well imo

  2. #26902
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Neji's win was bland though tbh. I mean he basically just channeled chakra through Kidomaru's thread which hurt him for whatever reason and used Gentle Fist afterwards. Boring. Gaara vs. Kimimaro was anti-climactic as well imo
    Are you kidding, those were some of the best fights in part 1. Neji vs Kidomaru was great. I love how the tide of the battle turned. Neji was his usual in-control self, until Kidomaru finds out the Byakugan weakness, and slowly wears that spot down. It's one of my favorite battles in Naruto. The Kimimaro fight had a forced ending, but up until that, the fight was great. I consider him one of the strongest figures in part 1. So many great moments in the Kimimaro fight. How can you not like the Sound 5 battles? They were awesome!
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  3. #26903
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    How can you not like the Sound 5 battles?
    I didn't say that I didn't like any of them, simply that the two that I mentioned weren't my cup of tea. Tayuya vs. Shikamaru and Choji vs. Jirobo were enjoyable imo.

  4. #26904
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I didn't say that I didn't like any of them, simply that the two that I mentioned weren't my cup of tea. Tayuya vs. Shikamaru and Choji vs. Jirobo were enjoyable imo.
    I'd rank Neji vs Kidomaru and Lee/Gaara vs Kimimaro higher then Choji vs Jirobo. It was a good fight, but mainly just two brawlers. No real strategy like the others.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  5. #26905
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    655

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDycTj1Kii0

    An interview with some clips from the film

  6. #26906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDycTj1Kii0

    An interview with some clips from the film
    People still don't believe that Kishi assassinated Naruto? Look at the fact that he is hanging out with 3 girls with one who has her arm looped under his. You want to tell me that Naruto would ever behave like RTN Sasuke? Come on now and then using that line to get Hinata into his room.

    This is some major BS butt pulling from Kishi.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 2nd December 2014 at 8:52 AM.

  7. #26907
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    People still don't believe that Kishi assassinated Naruto? Look at the fact that he is hanging out with 3 girls with one who has her arm looped under his. You want to tell me that Naruto would ever behave like RTN Sasuke? Come on now and then using that line to get Hinata into his room.

    This is some major BS butt pulling from Kishi.
    I'm sure those are just fangirls who he isn't into seriously. Plus, how do you know he was using pick up lines on Hinata? (Unless you understand japanese)

  8. #26908
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    People still don't believe that Kishi assassinated Naruto? Look at the fact that he is hanging out with 3 girls with one who has her arm looped under his. You want to tell me that Naruto would ever behave like RTN Sasuke? Come on now and then using that line to get Hinata into his room.

    This is some major BS butt pulling from Kishi.
    When will this nightmare end?

  9. #26909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I'm sure those are just fangirls who he isn't into seriously. Plus, how do you know he was using pick up lines on Hinata? (Unless you understand japanese)
    It doesn't matter if he isn't serious, Naruto is not a player. No I do not speak Japanese but people have already translated the dialogue and yes he hits on Hinata after having 3 girls around him.

    I must have missed the part in the manga where Naruto transformed into RTN Sasuke. This movies character assassination just keeps getting worse as each day passes.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 2nd December 2014 at 11:56 AM.

  10. #26910
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    It doesn't matter if he isn't serious, Naruto is not a player. No I do not speak Japanese but people have already translated the dialogue and yes he hits on Hinata after having 3 girls around him.

    I must have missed the part in the manga where Naruto transformed into RTN Sasuke. This movies character assassination just keeps getting worse as each day passes.
    Dude, can you stop? Wait until you actually watch the movie.

    And I'm rusty on my Japanese and only around a second grader's level, but Naruto just invites Hinata to come eat cup ramen with them. And like Red and Blue said, they could just be fangirls that Naruto has no interest in. You do remember that he saved village AND save the world, right? End all the conflicts in the world, and I bet the opposite gender will be flocking over to you too and always bothering you.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  11. #26911
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    It doesn't matter if he isn't serious, Naruto is not a player. No I do not speak Japanese but people have already translated the dialogue and yes he hits on Hinata after having 3 girls around him.

    I must have missed the part in the manga where Naruto transformed into RTN Sasuke. This movies character assassination just keeps getting worse as each day passes.
    And I missed the part in the movie where he did, too; do you mind showing me? An out of context scene and a bad pickup line (and even then I'm inclined to believe what Void Ventus said on that, seeing as it fits his character) mean absolutely nothing on their own.

  12. #26912
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Where all are equal
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    Do we even know who this girl is, for all we know, Naruto could have saved her from something, leading to the everloved "awkward misunderstanding".

    Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.


  13. #26913
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    People still don't believe that Kishi assassinated Naruto? Look at the fact that he is hanging out with 3 girls with one who has her arm looped under his. You want to tell me that Naruto would ever behave like RTN Sasuke? Come on now and then using that line to get Hinata into his room.

    This is some major BS butt pulling from Kishi.
    I thought it was confirmed to be fangirls by people that ya know, actually watched the movie

  14. #26914
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Obviously they're fangirls. Naruto is a world renowned hero. A celebrity.

    The movie is about how he hooks up with his wife. They're not gonna have him being a playboy in that context.


    RADIANT BLAZE ~

  15. #26915
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I'd rank Neji vs Kidomaru and Lee/Gaara vs Kimimaro higher then Choji vs Jirobo. It was a good fight, but mainly just two brawlers. No real strategy like the others.
    Tbh, Lee did so poorly against Kimimaro that I only really count that fight as Gaara vs. Kimimaro. At least Gaara forced Kimimaro into his Curse Mark state.

  16. #26916
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,700

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Tbh, Lee did so poorly against Kimimaro that I only really count that fight as Gaara vs. Kimimaro. At least Gaara forced Kimimaro into his Curse Mark state.
    At least Suiken Lee and Gaara's Sand Tsunami were animated nicely. Only Neji and Choji won their own fight. Kankuro, Temari, and Gaara killed Sakon/Ukon, Tayuya, and Kimimaro respectively.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  17. #26917

    Default

    Hooray another review that says it's all about romance

        Spoiler:- This is character assassination at it's finest.:


    I must have missed the part where Naruto became a horrendous Shouju. The highlighted areas are complete and utter BS. I was excited for this movies action sequences but now... it's become basically skippable. If I wanted to watch a romance movie I would, but I do not expect this from a shounen manga.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 3rd December 2014 at 8:59 PM.

  18. #26918
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,610

    Default

        Spoiler:- Review reaction:


    :/
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  19. #26919
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Where all are equal
    Posts
    2,005

    Default

    That's cool, I really like naruhina, so I dont mind plenty of scenes of them "romancing". I guess it's a shame they couldnt do it in a movie woh isnt the last one, but w/e.

    Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.


  20. #26920
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,955

    Default

    I'm not really interested in romance in this series, so knowing how the movie turns out is kinda sad. For the "last Naruto movie," the plot sounds really bad in my opinion.

  21. #26921
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,774

    Default

    This movie just sounds lackluster if you aren't into NaruHina. No Hanabi action? Drat! And Sakura continues to be dragged through the mud. Not sure if I want to see it or not.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  22. #26922
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    This movie just sounds lackluster if you aren't into NaruHina. No Hanabi action? Drat! And Sakura continues to be dragged through the mud. Not sure if I want to see it or not.
    It sounds terrible for anybody who isn't content to see NaruHina done by any means necessary, done well or not, frankly... I was only interested in the movie to see how it all ended anyway so, barring something significant we haven't heard of, I'll be passing.

    I was pretty sure I'd be passing on it for some time, though.

  23. #26923
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    No Hanabi action?
    Who?

    The fact that Naruto apparently only liked Sakura because he was competing against Sasuke or whatever made me cringe. It's like rubbing salt in a wound.

  24. #26924
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Galaxy
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Hooray another review that says it's all about romance

        Spoiler:- This is character assassination at it's finest.:


    I must have missed the part where Naruto became a horrendous Shouju. The highlighted areas are complete and utter BS. I was excited for this movies action sequences but now... it's become basically skippable. If I wanted to watch a romance movie I would, but I do not expect this from a shounen manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
        Spoiler:- Review reaction:


    :/
    Seems like somebody need to read the manga again and find the "character assasination" Kishimoto has done to Naruto and Saucekay.

    Naruto's characterization hasn't been assasinated. If something, it had evolved, but he needs to make the final step in the maturity line. I recommend to watch the movie when it's released in about 6 months in Blu Ray first, and evaluate the story later. Kishimoto had supervised, corrected and red pencilled almost all the screenwriting and storyboards in order to make the movie canon to the manga's events (and that says much. It seems the constant supervision pissed off Pierrot staff in some aspects according to the interviews).

    Sakura had the most screentime in the series, yeah, but her romantic development with Naruto is totally zero. Everyone of their interactions revolvea around Sasuke-kun, pls bring back Saucekay-koon for me, anta boke. Hontou (really), Naruto's crush on Sakura was used mainly for jokes or comical relief. Especially in Shippuden when Sakura's actions were more like an oneee-san trying to stop her lil bro from something suicidal. Sai's quote about her feelings were a red herring. Heck, even Sakura realized Hinata's feelings for Naruto after the Konoha destruction. And every NS hopes basically sunk when Naruto said he hates liars like her or something similar.

    Even in part 1 NS as a potential endgame was dead since the moment Sakura hugged Sasuke in the hospital and Naruto bittersweetly decided to accept the truth (IIRC it was after Gaara's attack to Konoha).

    As for NH, it seems it had zero development because of Hina's screentime, but the ship had huge development. At least, Naruto's growth owes mostly to that moments (the vow after Hina vs Neji, Hinata's proud failure speech, the confession, Naruto talking about her eyes and Neji's death), seems coincidencial?? Nope, Kishi planned NH to be the endgame since the finale of Part 1.

    And remember Kishitroll said he couldn't make a romance story of his characters because not only of him being bad at writing shoujo stories and being embarassed/sad about expressing love and also because of the dreadful weekly deadlines in the Shounen Jump Magazine. And given the manga deadline was in chapter 700... well, the movie was his only way to explain the endgames seen at the end. Remember that the way Naruto was going to end was planned about the end of Part 1, The Last Naruto was planned 2 years ago (when it was announced as "Naruto The Movie 10"!! ...when RTN was bombing hard in Japan. So, for me, the movie doesn't seem rushed at all.

    So, I think that neg reviews and thoughts about The Last are mainly from western NS shippers. In Japan "The Last" movie had almost totally positive reviews and reports of people crying in the avant-premiere/pre-screening. And the soundtracks were plainly sold out at the 1st day.

    Finally, Naruto's message was all about everlasting friendships and the power to forgive. Not about trying to win the girl of your dreams (and given Naruto was published into the fujoshi era of Shounen Jump [AKA, Bishounen Jump Era, 1999-2013], the romantic subplots were hindered at its most in the running time of the nekketsu-genre manga. Similar to other series published in that magazine. However, Shogakukan-Shueisha changed in August 2013 their politics and they are erradicating the "attactive to fujoshi" mangas from their most sold weekly magazine).

  25. #26925
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    I thought I was done with this thread... I really thought I was, maybe I just can't resist the scorn that I get lol.

    IDK, I just can't believe anyone is defending this movie. To think I actually had faith in people's ability to read or understand how not to destroy a character. This movie is literally destroying everything Naruto was. His feelings were never shallow, he was never a womanizer, he never worried about his own feelings above other peoples safety. This movie isn't even a clear picture of why he falls for Hinata... it just happens because the plot says it does. This same plot also damaged the very confounds of the manga it's suppose to represent. How is any of that a good thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin View Post
    Sakura had the most screentime in the series, yeah, but her romantic development with Naruto is totally zero.
    Ahaha, funny joke there bro
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 3rd December 2014 at 10:45 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 1077 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 7797710271067107310741075107610771078107910801081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •