Page 1078 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 7897810281068107410751076107710781079108010811082 ... LastLast
Results 26,926 to 26,950 of 27135

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I thought I was done with this thread... I really thought I was, maybe I just can't resist the scorn that I get lol.

IDK, I just can't believe anyone is defending this movie. To think I actually had faith in people's ability to read or understand how not to destroy a character. This movie is literally destroying everything Naruto was. His feelings were never shallow, he was never a womanizer, he never worried about his own feelings above other peoples safety. This movie isn't even a clear picture of why he falls for Hinata... it just happens because the plot says it does. This same plot also damaged the very confounds of the manga it's suppose to represent. How is any of that a good thing?

Ahaha, funny joke there bro

Womanizer??? Naruto if something is only being gentle with his newmade fans, maybe slightly exasperated of his new lifestyle because of him being the Saviour of Konoha. Naruto's feelings to Sakura were used for comical gags. Remember he said "if she is happy, then i'll be happy for her" regarding Sakura being happy to be in love with Saucekay.

I thought I was done with this thread... I really thought I was, maybe I just can't resist the scorn that I get lol.

IDK, I just can't believe anyone is defending this movie. To think I actually had faith in people's ability to read or understand how not to destroy a character. This movie is literally destroying everything Naruto was. His feelings were never shallow, he was never a womanizer, he never worried about his own feelings above other peoples safety. This movie isn't even a clear picture of why he falls for Hinata... it just happens because the plot says it does. This same plot also damaged the very confounds of the manga it's suppose to represent. How is any of that a good thing?

Yeah, even as someone who likes naruhina, this movie has be the absolute worst way to end off the characters we love. Denying that Naruto had at least something for Sakura is complete BS in every way, and Naruto comes off as a major jerk IMO.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin View Post
    Womanizer??? Naruto if something is only being gentle with his newmade fans, maybe slightly exasperated of his new lifestyle because of him being the Saviour of Konoha. Naruto's feelings to Sakura were used for comical gags. Remember he said "if she is happy, then i'll be happy for her" regarding Sakura being happy to be in love with Saucekay.
    Remember when every databook known to man stated Naruto loved Sakura... keep telling me it's a gag though, cause you have no other way to refute it

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yeah, even as someone who likes naruhina, this movie has be the absolute worst way to end off the characters we love. Denying that Naruto had at least something for Sakura is complete BS in every way, and Naruto comes off as a major jerk IMO.
    I respect you for this, while I don't understand NaruHina in the slightest, I'm at least glad you aren't the type that settles for mediocrity. There was a far better way to make NaruHina look better then turning a defining character trait into a shallow and selfish reason. Naruto only loving Sakura because of his rivalry, that a pure and blatant lie. Not only did Sasuke not care, but Naruto wouldn't have gone out of his way for Sakura if his love wasn't pure.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 3rd December 2014 at 11:08 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Can you list some examples of romantic development between them then? All I can remember was Sakura's fake love confession which she only did to make Naruto stop chasing Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Hooray another review that says it's all about romance

Spoiler:- This is character assassination at it's finest.:

I must have missed the part where Naruto became a horrendous Shouju. The highlighted areas are complete and utter BS. I was excited for this movies action sequences but now... it's become basically skippable. If I wanted to watch a romance movie I would, but I do not expect this from a shounen manga.
    Who said this wasn't a romance movie? When the movie was first announced, there were no hints of it being a NaruHina romance movie, but ever since Kishi said it was a romance movie, the promos have shown it to be that way. It'd be like getting mad at Resurrection of Frieza for having him as the movie's villain when the movie clearly shows him upfront on the posters and the movie is named after him. You only have yourself to blame. And thanks for saying if you don't like NaruHina, you'll hate this movie, Captain Obvious. If you don't like something, you'll hate it. We all know Diamond and Pearl are next in line to be remade. If you absolutely hated Sinnoh and wanted Unova remade instead, then of course you'll hate those remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    If it is true that Naruto only liked Sakura to spite Sasuke, then that is jerkish of him. But then again, isn't that what crushes also are? If they became your spouse later on, that's great. But crushes can also be placeholders, people you think you love (Sakura), but are really just waiting until you see the right person (Hinata).

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Can you list some examples of romantic development between them then? All I can remember was Sakura's fake love confession which she only did to make Naruto stop chasing Sasuke.
    You can argue that when Naruto promised to Sakura that he'll bring back Sasuke, that that could be considered "true love" as he's willing to risk his life on this dangerous mission to make her happy again. But that was more of Naruto's "If I can't even save a friend, then I'm not fit to be Hokage" spiel or something on Sauce.
    Last edited by Void Ventus; 4th December 2014 at 12:04 AM.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Who said this wasn't a romance movie? When the movie was first announced, there were no hints of it being a NaruHina romance movie, but ever since Kishi said it was a romance movie, the promos have shown it to be that way. It'd be like getting mad at Resurrection of Frieza for having him as the movie's villain when the movie clearly shows him upfront on the posters and the movie is named after him. You only have yourself to blame. And thanks for saying if you don't like NaruHina, you'll hate this movie, Captain Obvious. If you don't like something, you'll hate it. We all know Diamond and Pearl are next in line to be remade. If you absolutely hated Sinnoh and wanted Unova remade instead, then of course you'll hate those remakes.
    The point is the movie is JUST a romance movie, there's barely any action in the dang movie. It's a SHONEN series, it's not a freaking Shouju and the last Naruto movie should not just be about some poorly developed romance that was never developed in the manga! Period. Plus the movie has many things in it that were NEVER ever even hinted at nor even suggested in the manga. This movie is crap and it's flushing the manga completely down the tubes along with Naruto's character. If you can't see that then I guess your one of the people this movie caters to. A fan who doesn't care about development nor the characters, just about some lame romance that has assassinated the main character completely.

The movie should be about Team 7 not useless stalker girl magically becoming relevant. No freaking thanks.

Kishi sold out.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 4th December 2014 at 12:34 AM.

I respect you for this, while I don't understand NaruHina in the slightest, I'm at least glad you aren't the type that settles for mediocrity. There was a far better way to make NaruHina look better then turning a defining character trait into a shallow and selfish reason. Naruto only loving Sakura because of his rivalry, that a pure and blatant lie. Not only did Sasuke not care, but Naruto wouldn't have gone out of his way for Sakura if his love wasn't pure.
    It's kinda weird y'know, Im sure Narusaku not becoming canon was a sour apple for people who liked the ship, but they still somehow managed to make the apple more bitter, just leaving narusaku behind would prolly have been better than retconning things that undeniably happened.

If it is true that Naruto only liked Sakura to spite Sasuke, then that is jerkish of him. But then again, isn't that what crushes also are? If they became your spouse later on, that's great. But crushes can also be placeholders, people you think you love (Sakura), but are really just waiting until you see the right person (Hinata).
    True, but from the sounds of it, the movie could have handled it with more grace IMO. Maybe not even that he wasnt attracted to Sakura, but he just ended up more in love with Hinata over the course of the movie would be a fine explanation IMO, no retconning required.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Only a repetitive recoommendation: watch the movie first and make your opinions later. IIRC Naruto's crush on Sakura had died down very hardly after the "falsefession". And his answer to Minato's question about if she is his GF was because he was kinda cornered in that moment.

If you question me about that, I find realistic that Nardo crushed over her only because of him wanting to surpass Saucekay-koon, and it's a very subtle way to put the final nail on the NS coffin. I guess some of you crushed for a girl only to surpass your rival too.

As for the comment being the movie being shoujo-ish, well, it would have at least 3 battles against Toneri and his minions. So, the shounen essence of the series isn't going to disappear at all xDDD And most of Shounen manga have romance development too (well, at least the shounen mangas before and after the "Bishounen Jump era" [1999-2013]). Remember Masakazu Katsura and Rumiko Takahashi's mangas. And Kodansha's Shounen Magazine has romance as an obligatory subplot in order to prevent fujoshis to read the male publications.

As for Team 7... IIRC Kakashi said the fight against Obito/Kaguya is the last mission they'd have as Team 7. So, chillax with the wish of the movie being about team 7.

Instead of saying Naruto's love for Sakura was due to rivalry, why not just explain that he lost his feeling for Sakura over the course of the timeskip(if he had any post part 1) due to his growing interest for Hinata? Wouldn't that be a better explaination?

Oh well, I'll still probably watch the movie when it comes to the states.

You can argue that when Naruto promised to Sakura that he'll bring back Sasuke, that that could be considered "true love" as he's willing to risk his life on this dangerous mission to make her happy again. But that was more of Naruto's "If I can't even save a friend, then I'm not fit to be Hokage" spiel or something on Sauce.
    Well Naruto cared about Sasuke as well, so his promise to Sakura was also a promise to himself and I didn't see it as romantic, personally.

Sure, chpt. 296 where Sakura stated she's only capable of doing little things for Naruto and earlier stating she'd save Sasuke for him., chpt. 450 which had no Sasuke involvement what so ever, you had chpt. 663 where she went to drastic lengths to keep Naruto alive while Hinata tripped on a rock trying to reach him herself, paralleled by Karin unlocking Kushina chains to make her way to Sasuke. If these don't count, please inform me of NaruHina's romantic developments? Cause there are none, unless you like her basically committing suicide vs Pain and ignoring her cousins death to talk about Naruto's hand.

Spoiler:- Care to Explain this:
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 4th December 2014 at 2:15 AM.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Sure, chpt. 296 where Sakura stated she's only capable of doing little things for Naruto and earlier stating she'd save Sasuke for him., chpt. 450 which had no Sasuke involvement what so ever, you had chpt. 663 where she went to drastic lengths to keep Naruto alive while Hinata tripped on a rock trying to reach him herself, paralleled by Karin unlocking Kushina chains to make her way to Sasuke. If these don't count, please inform me of NaruHina's romantic developments? Cause there are none, unless you like her basically committing suicide vs Pain and ignoring her cousins death to talk about Naruto's hand.
    But she didn't ignore his death. She was just as upset as Naruto was, but had to break him out of his stupor to fight Obito. Did you forget a war was going on?

Spoiler:- What JK was covering:
    Last edited by Akashin; 4th December 2014 at 2:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    But she didn't ignore his death. She was just as upset as Naruto was, but had to break him out of his stupor to fight Obito. Did you forget a war was going on?
    Shouldn't Naruto have been the one to do that for Hinata? Why is he breaking down for a guy he never knew very well...

Shouldn't Naruto have been the one to do that for Hinata? Why is he breaking down for a guy he never knew very well...
    For the same reason he was deliberately hampering his fighting potential to protect an entire army, 80% of which weren't even Ninja from his own village; it's who Naruto is as a character to be broken up over such a thing.

As for why Hinata was the more composed of the two at that moment, well, I don't have an answer.

He knew him well enough though. Hinata didn't want Neji's sacrifice to be in vain, so she had to be strong enough to get through to Naruto and encourage him. She at the very least understood that she didn't have time to mourn

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
        Spoiler:- What JK was covering:
    I don't really see how that image is supposed to prove that Naruto x Sakura was gonna be a thing though. I mean Luffy and Nami from One Piece are paired up on there even though I'm pretty sure that Oda has said that he has no intent to add romance among his cast. That image seems to be for fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    For the same reason he was deliberately hampering his fighting potential to protect an entire army, 80% of which weren't even Ninja from his own village; it's who Naruto is as a character to be broken up over such a thing.
    In retrospect your giving me a solid answer, but your other response was what really needed it...

As for why Hinata was the more composed of the two at that moment, well, I don't have an answer.
    For a story that likes to portray some realism in an otherwise fantasy... this moment broke both as it's not realistic and its a horrible fantasy. "Oh it's War time" loses all merit when this heartless girl is taking about how warm a man's hand is

He knew him well enough though. Hinata didn't want Neji's sacrifice to be in vain, so she had to be strong enough to get through to Naruto and encourage him. She at the very least understood that she didn't have time to mourn
    Are you ever reading what your saying at this point

I don't really see how that image is supposed to prove that Naruto x Sakura was gonna be a thing though. I mean Luffy and Nami from One Piece are paired up on there even though I'm pretty sure that Oda has said that he has no intent to add romance among his cast. That image seems to be for fun imo.
    Cause Shonen Jump are such pranksters on Valentines Day...
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 4th December 2014 at 2:43 AM.

Are you ever reading what your saying at this point

Cause Shonen Jump are such pranksters on Valentines Day...

Yes I am. I can't believe you're taking issue with Hinata not breaking down when Neji died. How is her reaction any different from Shikamaru when he lost his Dad

The image was most likely a joke as Lorde pointed out. LuffyxNami was the first clue

Naruto and Neji weren't bff's, but Naruto knew Neji enough to care for him and consider him a friend. So it's not forced that Naruto was sad to see Neji die. Also Naruto said he would keep everyone safe from Madara and Obito, and then they strike Neji down right in front of him, because Neji was trying to protect them. That was sure to bring emotion to Naruto.

As for why Hinata was less emotional. That was for three reasons. A) the real answer, so it could lead to the cover of volume 64's NaruHina moment. B) Shinobi aren't suppose to show emotion even if a teammate is killed in action. I think it was Sakura who stated the whole rule, back when this series was actually about ninjas. C) Hinata still holds a grudge against Neji for almost killing her. Okay I'm joking about the last one. But yeah, I think Naruto would get emotional for any of the Konoha 11 dying. Well maybe not poor Tenten. Have Naruto and Tenten ever spoken two words to each other in the manga? I know in the anime they've talked, but I can't recall in the manga. Someone let me know if they have.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Yes I am. I can't believe you're taking issue with Hinata not breaking down when Neji died. How is her reaction any different from Shikamaru when he lost his Dad
    Well for starters why are we bringing Shikamura into a conversation about Hinata? Is that all your capable of, can't even stay on the subject? Well then sure, Shikamura was bad too. Again, Hinata had time to comment on how warm Naruto's hand is, then she had plenty of time to realize her cousin just died in front of her. Instead Naruto and Lee are breaking down into tears...

The image was most likely a joke as Lorde pointed out. LuffyxNami was the first clue
    ... I have no words for how stupid that sounds

Well for starters why are we bringing Shikamura into a conversation about Hinata? Is that all your capable of, can't even stay on the subject? Well then sure, Shikamura was bad too. Again, Hinata had time to comment on how warm Naruto's hand is, then she had plenty of time to realize her cousin just died in front of her. Instead Naruto and Lee are breaking down into tears...

OMG. I was using Shikamaru as an example. Both Shikamaru and Hinata lost relatives during the war, but both understood that they didn't have the luxary to mourn at the moment and had to push forward to defeat Obito. It's not unrealistic or bad at all. They were both clearly upset, but as I said earlier, did you forget that a freaking war was going on? Sheesh.

2. So are you telling me that LuffyxNami are a thing

Shikamaru did not break down when Shikaku died. Instead, he understood that this was war so kept his composure and decided to keep fighting. Same as Hinata. Neji died, but she didn't break down because she knew they were in a war, and not to do anything reckless. I do agree her commenting on how "big" Naruto's hand were came out of nowhere, and due to my immature mind, made me giggle.

I have no idea on the others, but Luffy and Ichigo weren't romantically involved with or even loved Nami or Orihime, which is why it's a joke. So if Sakura was the girl shown for Naruto, then it was also a joke.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

OMG. I was using Shikamaru as an example. Both Shikamaru and Hinata lost relatives during the war, but both understood that they didn't have the luxary to mourn at the moment and had to push forward to defeat Obito. It's not unrealistic or bad at all. They were both clearly upset, but as I said earlier, did you forget that a freaking war was going on? Sheesh.
    I don't care about this borderline Hinata-bashing road we're going down but, just for the sake of clarification, I don't think it's that Hinata was capable of being strong in the face of Neji's death that he is taking issue with. It's that not only was she more capable of doing so than Naruto, somebody to whom Neji was at best a close comrade, and that she had time to idly comment on the size of Naruto's hand while doing so.

I have no idea on the others, but Luffy and Ichigo weren't romantically involved with or even loved Nami or Orihime, which is why it's a joke. So if Sakura was the girl shown for Naruto, then it was also a joke.
    You take that back. RebornxTsuna is the height of canon pairings. And is it just me, or did L not even have a heart corresponding to him (and instead had a Shinigami looming over him, ironically enough)?
    Last edited by Akashin; 4th December 2014 at 3:16 AM.

Sorry to destroy your respectful evidences.

1) Everything was about Saucekay-koon, Saucekay-koon, Saucekay-koon. She didn't stated she is doing that for NARUTO. Sai even admitted Sakura was feeling that for Naruto because of guilltness, not for being really honest.
    2) Chap. 450?? Naruto didn't return the hug. Even Sakura punched him before hugging him. That's very typical from the anego (elder sister), even my older sister would punch me and then hug me if I do something both marvelous and reckless at the same time.
    3) Ah!! The infamous RCP scene on the ch. 663. That was tahat... just a RCP, not a kiss (Tsunade made that on Part 1). Sakura would make that for every comrade, even Chouji. With Sasuke, she would transform that to a full power RCP french kiss though.

As for NH...

Part 1

1) the chuunin exams with Hibiki: Naruto decided not to copy in order to save both him and Hinata's necks. Naruto changed his perspective of Hinata with every appereance of hers (from a dark, shy wirdo to a person he would trust blindly)
    2) Naruto vs Kiba: He recognizes her as a Good Girl when she handed him the medicine.
    3) The infamous Neji vs Hinata: Naruto's perspective of Hinata grew more and more (Incredible girl). And remember that blood vow to defeat Neji.
    4) The "Proud failure speech". Naruto plainly stated he liked people like her, even he slihtly blushed when she said that speech (manga only). If that isn't development for NH, then what would be???
    5) the whole Naruto vs Neji: "Ill change the Hyugas!!" "Hinata, is she seeing me!?"

Part II:

6) The whole Naruto vs Pain ordeal: "watashi wa, Narrrrdo-koon ga daisuki dakara", Naruto holding his heart thinking of her safety and finally crying and sayin "thank god, thank god" when he realized she's alive. HIM ADMITTING HINATA'S "DEATH" TRIGGERED THE 6-TAILS KYUUBI TRANSFORMATION.
    7) The whole talk about "it's all in your eyes and blablabla"
    8) Neji's death, obviously.
    9) I want to walk with Naruto-kun forever

NH was benefical for both characters, let's assume that. Even Naruto's appreciation and fondness of the Hyuuga girl grew with those moments. The NH endgame in the end of great war was unavoidable to that extent.

And that image was from a 2005's Shonen Jump issue, when Naruto started to go into Part 2, and 1 year waaay BEFORE the 1st interview Kishimoto had when he showed his true intentions about the endgames (If you watch correctly, Death Note appears on the announcement and for OP, That was before Boa Hancock even made her debut or started to crush over Luffy in OP. That's the reason why Nami appears as the Luffy's "valentine". After that... Shounen Jump became full throttle Fujoshi Jump with the romance subplots hindered or taken as a joke way too hard compared to Kodansha's Shonen Magazine and Shogakukan Shonen Sunday.
    Last edited by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin; 4th December 2014 at 3:44 AM.

Page 1078 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 7897810281068107410751076107710781079108010811082 ... LastLast