Page 1079 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 7997910291069107510761077107810791080108110821083 ... LastLast
Results 26,951 to 26,975 of 27135

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #26951
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I don't care about this borderline Hinata-bashing road we're going down but, just for the sake of clarification, I don't think it's that Hinata was capable of being strong in the face of Neji's death that he is taking issue with. It's that not only was she more capable of doing so than Naruto, somebody to whom Neji was at best a close comrade, and that she had time to idly comment on the size of Naruto's hand while doing so.



    You take that back. RebornxTsuna is the height of canon pairings. And is it just me, or did L not even have a heart corresponding to him (and instead had a Shinigami looming over him, ironically enough)?

    I agree that the comment about his hand was out of place given the situation. But I don't think Hinata being stronger than Naruto at the moment was bad on her part. If anything, I give her credit that she at least understood what was more important

  2. #26952
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Shikamaru did not break down when Shikaku died.
    Tbh, I had forgotten that he and Inoichi had even died in the war. I mean we at least saw Hinata visiting Neji's grave, but we didn't see Shikaku's or Inoichi's graves iirc.

  3. #26953
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Tbh, I had forgotten that he and Inoichi had even died in the war. I mean we at least saw Hinata visiting Neji's grave, but we didn't see Shikaku's or Inoichi's graves iirc.
    Don't worry. We will have another near 100 episodes filled with filler between 699 and 700. Each dead character will have a dedicated tribute episode, we will have comedy about the girls getting pregnant, we will weep during the weddings, and we will see that Sauce is actually a very good and caring father.

    (I openly welcome 2 years worth of filler before Part 3 finally gets animated)
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  4. #26954
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin View Post
    ~snip rant
    And yet


    4月3日「ナルトがサクラを好きになった日
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  5. #26955

    Default

    The naruto the last movie is not sold out everywhere as they say it is here in japan…there is actually too many seats available for the movie that it is actually sad….For example..i will show you yokohama toho theater and this is for 9:00 to 11:05~ notice how many seats are available? the darken seats are the ones reserved and to be honest i am not surprised at this…also there are many other theaters having people get refunds and if not canceling their ticket reservations because of spoilers and because of hinata. SO…this is one hard evidence i can supply with to fans of hinata out there that no matter what is being said that “many japanese love hinata” well..this ought to clear the air on that.
    http://media.tumblr.com/3123fce5b51a...plG1sl845r.png

    According to many Japanese people including those that work in movie theaters, there are many refunds being issued or cancelled because people are not happy. The spoilers that were released made people not happy.

    I'm laughing, this is what Kishi deserves for selling out and making a movie function around a useless stalker that barely did anything in the manga. This is amazing news.

    Karma Kishi, maybe next time you won't have stupid moronic fans dictate the series you want to write. Or if you're gonna go with romantic pairings DEVELOP them!

    DON'T CHARACTER ASSASSINATE YOUR MAIN CHARACTER FOR A USELESS SIDE CHARACTER AND A POORLY DEVELOPED PAIRING!

    DON'T HAVE A SHOUNEN MOVIE CIRCLE AROUND A ROMANCE THAT WAS NEVER DEVELOPED IN THE MANGA INCLUDING SCENES THAT WERE NEVER EVER REFERENCED IN THE MANGA NOR EVEN SUGGESTED!

    Don't have more romance than action in a freaking shounen movie!

    It looks like all those threats about people boycotting was legit. Oh well, this is what you get Kishi. Now your series can go die when it was supposed to die many years ago.
    Last edited by greninjamaster; 4th December 2014 at 7:48 AM.

  6. #26956
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,716

    Default

    Even if the movie is doing bad, I don't think that NaruHina specifically can be attributed to the movie's supposed downfall; I doubt it would've done any better if it was NaruSaku centric for instance.

  7. #26957
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Even if the movie is doing bad, I don't think that NaruHina specifically can be attributed to the movie's supposed downfall; I doubt it would've done any better if it was NaruSaku centric for instance.
    The downfall is how poorly written the movie is... and how Naruto's actual feelings were retconed. Instead of claiming it was just because of his rivalry, have the decency to tell us he just slowly was moving on. On that note though, Kishi's statement about Sakura would be a terrible woman if she moved on from her feelings don't sit well with me.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  8. #26958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Even if the movie is doing bad, I don't think that NaruHina specifically can be attributed to the movie's supposed downfall; I doubt it would've done any better if it was NaruSaku centric for instance.
    Unlike NH though, NS was heavily promoted during the manga and had actual development. NH had barely any development in the manga.

    The reason I don't care to watch the movie aside from the character assassination galore is the fact that the romance is the main part of the movie. No freaking thanks, if I wanted to watch a romance I would. Naruto is not a romance, but this movie is and a poorly written one at that.

  9. #26959
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Galaxy
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    http://media.tumblr.com/3123fce5b51a...plG1sl845r.png

    According to many Japanese people including those that work in movie theaters, there are many refunds being issued or cancelled because people are not happy. The spoilers that were released made people not happy.

    I'm laughing, this is what Kishi deserves for selling out and making a movie function around a useless stalker that barely did anything in the manga. This is amazing news.

    Karma Kishi, maybe next time you won't have stupid moronic fans dictate the series you want to write. Or if you're gonna go with romantic pairings DEVELOP them!

    DON'T CHARACTER ASSASSINATE YOUR MAIN CHARACTER FOR A USELESS SIDE CHARACTER AND A POORLY DEVELOPED PAIRING!

    DON'T HAVE A SHOUNEN MOVIE CIRCLE AROUND A ROMANCE THAT WAS NEVER DEVELOPED IN THE MANGA INCLUDING SCENES THAT WERE NEVER EVER REFERENCED IN THE MANGA NOR EVEN SUGGESTED!

    Don't have more romance than action in a freaking shounen movie!

    It looks like all those threats about people boycotting was legit. Oh well, this is what you get Kishi. Now your series can go die when it was supposed to die many years ago.
    Where was all that info from?? From a NS tumblr or facebook fanpage?? Cuz i've read from japanese diaries most of the functions were mostly sold out and the Soundtrack 1st release was totally sold out.

    Quote Originally Posted by greninjamaster View Post
    Unlike NH though, NS was heavily promoted during the manga and had actual development. NH had barely any development in the manga.

    The reason I don't care to watch the movie aside from the character assassination galore is the fact that the romance is the main part of the movie. No freaking thanks, if I wanted to watch a romance I would. Naruto is not a romance, but this movie is and a poorly written one at that.
    You wanted to say, it had most screentime and fraternal development... because romantic development has almost nothing to zero. Everything was about "Sasuke-kun", "bring Sasuke-kun back", "i couldn't keep my promise to bring the Temee back". The fact was... Kishimoto wanted to write romance in the manga, but he found hindrance in the final deadlines. Shueisha changed their politics and thy're allowing romantic subplots again since 2013. And japanese mangaka are really bad at writing romace because they have another conception of that. Even Takahashi, Katsura and the multiple mangakas at Kodansha's publications are lacking in that aspect

    The other fact was...

    4月3日「ナルトがサクラを好きになった日

    Face the fact it said Suki, not Daisuki. Naruto only had a crush, a perverted and guided by the appereances if you ask me. For romantic feelings and picking hints, by nature, Naruto is like our Satoshi... extremely oblivious and dense. He couldn't pick up Hinata's feelings in Part 1 (well, it isn't like she was totally assertive on part I) and it came to extremes like he believing Kurenai gained weight because of food, but in reality she was pregnant from Asuna's child. Making Naruto dense regarding romantic feelings helped totally to bring up the actual endgame.

    Another fact

    "I want to protect that Smile"

    That was after Naruto realized in the hospital she was really in love (not having a schoolgirl crush) with Saucekay-koon. He said that because only bringing back the Uchiha back too her would return that smile.

    Funny is the fact Kishimoto said "it was a time when he considered Sakura moving on from Sasuke and begin to look Nardo in a romantic way, but he ditched that idea because that would make Sakura a terrible woman".

    To finish, a question.

    What if the manga's finale endgame was NaruSaku, KibaHina, SasuKarin and ShikaTema? Would fandom be ranting about how retconned and rushed it was?? Or would be more happy than now? And what if The Last only expanded the "development" NS "had" in the manga instead of "retconning" NH like you said?

  10. #26960
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Yharnam
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Satoshi? We bringing in that horrible Pokémon character here now? Ash is an idiot, that's all is need to be said.

    Saying Suki to someone would just mean you like them as a friend or as a crush. It's when you go daisuki that you kinda mean it, then you go in your final form and say aishite and really mean you love him or her.

    Anyways, you darn NaruSaku shippers! The boat has sunk. NaruHina is canon, and no, Ch700 is NOT a genjutsu. Everyone was freed from Infinite Tsukiyomi, and none of this is someone's dream. The movie is getting a limited theatrical release in Australia in mid Jan, so HOPEFULLY the Blu-Ray doesn't take 2 1/2 years like RTN did.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

  11. #26961
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Galaxy
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Satoshi? We bringing in that horrible Pokémon character here now? Ash is an idiot, that's all is need to be said.

    Saying Suki to someone would just mean you like them as a friend or as a crush. It's when you go daisuki that you kinda mean it, then you go in your final form and say aishite and really mean you love him or her.

    Anyways, you darn NaruSaku shippers! The boat has sunk. NaruHina is canon, and no, Ch700 is NOT a genjutsu. Everyone was freed from Infinite Tsukiyomi, and none of this is someone's dream. The movie is getting a limited theatrical release in Australia in mid Jan, so HOPEFULLY the Blu-Ray doesn't take 2 1/2 years like RTN did.
    I was referring Satoshi because Naruto was somewhat dense regarding romantic BS. Nothing more than that xDDDDDDDD

  12. #26962
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Even if the movie is doing bad, I don't think that NaruHina specifically can be attributed to the movie's supposed downfall; I doubt it would've done any better if it was NaruSaku centric for instance.
    I agree with this completely. If the shoe were on the other foot, then just as much complaining would be coming from the NaruHina fans. The only thing that annoys me is saying Naruto only liked Sakura for the Sasuke rivalry. That makes no sense, because not only would Sasuke not even care if Naruto "won" Sakura, it makes Naruto come off as something as a jerk. Like Sakura's this big trophy to parade around. This is not in Naruto's character at all to do something like this. All you had to do was have Naruto spend more time with Hinata and grow out of his crush on Sakura, and I'd have been okay with it. At least that would have been realistic. But to do what they are doing just makes everyone look bad.

    I do think Hinata is getting Sakura level hate now because she "won" the shipping war, and I can see her being the new Sakura from this point on. As in getting unnecessary hate for this point on. Don't blame Hinata's character for this. It's not like she told Naruto to have fake feelings for Sakura. Seriously though, that is so stupid. I'm not even a NaruSaku fan and I can tell that's crappy writing.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #26963
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I agree with this completely. If the shoe were on the other foot, then just as much complaining would be coming from the NaruHina fans. The only thing that annoys me is saying Naruto only liked Sakura for the Sasuke rivalry. That makes no sense, because not only would Sasuke not even care if Naruto "won" Sakura, it makes Naruto come off as something as a jerk. Like Sakura's this big trophy to parade around. This is not in Naruto's character at all to do something like this. All you had to do was have Naruto spend more time with Hinata and grow out of his crush on Sakura, and I'd have been okay with it. At least that would have been realistic. But to do what they are doing just makes everyone look bad.

    I do think Hinata is getting Sakura level hate now because she "won" the shipping war, and I can see her being the new Sakura from this point on. As in getting unnecessary hate for this point on. Don't blame Hinata's character for this. It's not like she told Naruto to have fake feelings for Sakura. Seriously though, that is so stupid. I'm not even a NaruSaku fan and I can tell that's crappy writing.
    And as a person who is a Narusaku fan I think it stupid because shouldn't Naruto have all the girl to crushes on and not just Sakura? It really dumb and I think one of the filler episode somewhat explained why Naruto like Sakura in the first place.

  14. #26964
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin View Post
    What if the manga's finale endgame was NaruSaku, KibaHina, SasuKarin and ShikaTema? Would fandom be ranting about how retconned and rushed it was?? Or would be more happy than now? And what if The Last only expanded the "development" NS "had" in the manga instead of "retconning" NH like you said?
    That's a loaded question. If the movie were the same in every way, except focusing on NS instead of NH (and obviously tweaked here and there from the current version of the movie to suit that fact), than of course it would still be just as bad. Saying otherwise is just stupid, and you're putting too much emphasis on the pairings when considering the fact that people hate this movie (though there are of course people who hate it solely for that reason...).

    Minor nitpick in that no, I don't think people would be calling retcon (as of the manga's ending, Naruto has no feelings for Hinata or anybody else that need to be erased for him to end up with Sakura). Rushed, though? Absolutely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I do think Hinata is getting Sakura level hate now because she "won" the shipping war, and I can see her being the new Sakura from this point on. As in getting unnecessary hate for this point on. Don't blame Hinata's character for this. It's not like she told Naruto to have fake feelings for Sakura. Seriously though, that is so stupid. I'm not even a NaruSaku fan and I can tell that's crappy writing.
    I really think that should go without saying. Sakura would be getting the same exact hate if she had "won" this stupid war, too.

  15. #26965
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Satoshi? We bringing in that horrible Pokémon character here now? Ash is an idiot, that's all is need to be said.

    Saying Suki to someone would just mean you like them as a friend or as a crush. It's when you go daisuki that you kinda mean it, then you go in your final form and say aishite and really mean you love him or her.

    Anyways, you darn NaruSaku shippers! The boat has sunk. NaruHina is canon, and no, Ch700 is NOT a genjutsu. Everyone was freed from Infinite Tsukiyomi, and none of this is someone's dream. The movie is getting a limited theatrical release in Australia in mid Jan, so HOPEFULLY the Blu-Ray doesn't take 2 1/2 years like RTN did.
    Wait, there are seriously NaruSaku shippers claiming that chapter 700 was a genjutsu? What evidence is there to support that?

  16. #26966
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Wait, there are seriously NaruSaku shippers claiming that chapter 700 was a genjutsu? What evidence is there to support that?
    There is no evidence. Just fans desperately grasping at what they can.

    That was a while ago though. I'm not sure if there are still any fans claiming that.

  17. #26967
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,580

    Default

    I didn't realize I've been apparently lurking on the shipping boards

    Though as I've said multiple times before that I give zero F's about shipping (in Shouen especially) I can help but agree that recon was stupid and BS.

    As pointed out before it wouldn't have mattered if Naruto "won" Sakura because Sasuke never cared about her from the start, so it being about rivalry is flat out BS.

    If Sasuke at any point showed any type of effection towards Sakura then yeah it would make since to be out of rivalry, but he's done nothing but try and kill her. (And seeing as the movie apparently isn't focusing on anything but NaruHina, SasuSaku will forever be a dumb pairing).

    It would've been so much easier to just say Naruto got over Sakura and looked into Hinata more and people wouldn't complain nearly as much (except for the NaruSaku fans).

    I'm just shocked canon parings can cause such a amusing/headache inducing war.



    Oda thank you for keep romance out of your franchise I'd be scared to see how'd that would've had gone.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  18. #26968
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Why would Sakura be horrible if she moved on from a guy who never supported her...like, ever.

    EDIT: Why even see the movie at this point, spoilers have basically given us everything about it anyway http://naruto-lastcountdown.tumblr.c...-kakashi#notes
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 4th December 2014 at 7:50 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  19. #26969
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    North Galaxy
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Aaaara, shounen aren't just fight, fight, ho-yay moments and blood. Romance was neglected so badly on the "fujoshi jump" era because of that "adding bishounen characters in every manga". The Last being shoujo-esque is nothing but one of the final products of the new Shueisha politics about excluding fujoshis from their Shounen jump products.

    Please watch this link:

    http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/0...uding-fujoshi/

    So, for fight and ho-yay purists, you'd better think twice before reading nekketsu mangas, because Shueisha decided to motivate mangakas to create romance subplots in Shounen Jump publications. As for me, i don't care if The Last lacks bloodlust fights and ho-yay/foe-yay moments.

  20. #26970

    Default

    If the movie is apparently doing bad it's probably because of its horrible plot, I doubt shipping would be the main reason with that. I still really don't see why they need to have one of the horrible last minute final villains have living relatives.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  21. #26971
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    403

    Default

    The movie isn't even out yet lol and all Naruto movies are boring and they still do well.
    Last edited by BJack; 4th December 2014 at 9:39 PM.

  22. #26972
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BJack View Post
    The movie isn't even out yet lol and all Naruto movies are boring and they still do well.
    I kind of agree about the boring part. I wish past Naruto movies had flopped to discourage more from being made, but this is the last one apparently, so the nightmare will soon be over.

  23. #26973
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hoenn Region
    Posts
    1,781

    Default

    I'm not one to defend Kishi's poor writing decisions, but this is probably...The least offensive thing he's done.

    Remember the 3rd Chapter? When Naruto realized that he liked Sakura because she wanted acknowledgement...From Sasuke...

    Where he tried to be Sasuke with henge...To make him look dumb so that she likes him instead...

    I mean really. When his crush was established, it was terribly shallow. I don't think this rivalry thing is that far out. And it doesn't discredit the fact that he came to care for her more as a friend. But romantically, it was pretty meh.

    Even with his promise to Sakura, Naruto in Part 2 still had no problem fishing for dates, snooping around the bathhouse, or trying to be Sasuke's friend when he had a knife to the girl's throat. Some food for thought.

    Of all the things Kishi has done wrong, to call him a sellout over this seems exaggerated.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 4th December 2014 at 10:58 PM.


    RADIANT BLAZE ~

  24. #26974
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn+Serena Fan View Post
    If the movie is apparently doing bad it's probably because of its horrible plot, I doubt shipping would be the main reason with that. I still really don't see why they need to have one of the horrible last minute final villains have living relatives.
    Doesn't exactly help shipping is part of the plot though...

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    I mean really. When his crush was established, it was terribly shallow.
    And Sakura loving Sasuke for his loos and being a "cool guy" isn't shallow? Or Hinata loving Naruto because he was a failure like her? I suppose you could argue Naruto helped Hinata during their very limited interactions, but what exactly did Sasuke do to justify Sakura's love? At least Naruto was always there for Sakura, never got angry at her specifically and always encouraged her to get stronger.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 4th December 2014 at 11:20 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  25. #26975
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    Remember the 3rd Chapter? When Naruto realized that he liked Sakura because she wanted acknowledgement...From Sasuke...

    Where he tried to be Sasuke with henge...To make him look dumb so that she likes him instead...

    I mean really. When his crush was established, it was terribly shallow. I don't think this rivalry thing is that far out. And it doesn't discredit the fact that he came to care for her more as a friend. But romantically, it was pretty meh.
    I'd say you have a point were it not for the fact that you're deliberately twisting facts in a negative way to suit your point. Sure, he realized he liked her because she wanted acknowledgement from Sasuke, but that it was Sasuke she wanted acknowledgement from had nothing to do with it. It was the perceived common ground in wanting acknowledgement from somebody that was important.

    That has nothing at all to do with his rivalry with Sasuke, and I really hesitate to say there's anything overly shallow about him having feelings for a person he believes he can empathize with.
    Last edited by Akashin; 4th December 2014 at 11:27 PM.

Page 1079 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 7997910291069107510761077107810791080108110821083 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •