Page 1080 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 8098010301070107610771078107910801081108210831084 ... LastLast
Results 26,976 to 27,000 of 27144

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Doesn't exactly help shipping is part of the plot though...
    Is it weird I dont really mind that too much?

I mean, if this really is "the last" story with Naruto, I would kinda hope for his lovelife to have some resolution, even if he got with a person I didnt care for.

I dont know if naruhina is "shallow" either, since he did stand up for her against Neji, It might have started out shallow, but it turned out pretty genuine IMO.

And Sakura loving Sasuke for his loos and being a "cool guy" isn't shallow? Or Hinata loving Naruto because he was a failure like her? I suppose you could argue Naruto helped Hinata during their very limited interactions, but what exactly did Sasuke do to justify Sakura's love? At least Naruto was always there for Sakura, never got angry at her specifically and always encouraged her to get stronger.
    I didn't say they weren't? Well, at least not Sakura, I wouldn't say that at all.

Sakura's case is a train wreck as far as I'm concerned. lol. Hinata's is okay. But she could've been a more independent character than Naruto being her inspiration for the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    I'd say you have a point were it not for the fact that you're deliberately twisting facts in a negative way to suit your point. Sure, he realized he liked her because she wanted acknowledgement from Sasuke, but that it was Sasuke she wanted acknowledgement from had nothing to do with it. It was the perceived common ground in wanting acknowledgement from somebody that was important.

That has nothing at all to do with his rivalry with Sasuke, and I really hesitate to say there's anything overly shallow about him having feelings for a person he believes he can empathize with.
    I' don't think its twisting anything with this new information...Kishi is now saying his feelings had to do with the rivalry through this movie, so I just went back and applied that to the reading.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 4th December 2014 at 11:45 PM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    I' don't think its twisting anything with this new information...Kishi is now saying his feelings had to do with the rivalry through this movie, so I just went back and applied that to the reading.
    I just pointed out exactly where it was twisted. Sasuke had less than nothing to do with Naruto's motivation for liking Sakura, so to twist his seeing a common ground with her into saying that he was trying to one-up Sasuke is most definitely changing things.

I'm not one to defend Kishi's poor writing decisions, but this is probably...The least offensive thing he's done.

Remember the 3rd Chapter? When Naruto realized that he liked Sakura because she wanted acknowledgement...From Sasuke...

Where he tried to be Sasuke with henge...To make him look dumb so that she likes him instead...

I mean really. When his crush was established, it was terribly shallow. I don't think this rivalry thing is that far out. And it doesn't discredit the fact that he came to care for her more as a friend. But romantically, it was pretty meh.

Even with his promise to Sakura, Naruto in Part 2 still had no problem fishing for dates, snooping around the bathhouse, or trying to be Sasuke's friend when he had a knife to the girl's throat. Some food for thought.

Of all the things Kishi has done wrong, to call him a sellout over this seems exaggerated.
    Which is why Naruto's crush on Sakura always struck me as forced as time went on. She pretty much friendzoned him anyway given that she spent more time obsessing over Sasuke.

I just pointed out exactly where it was twisted. Sasuke had less than nothing to do with Naruto's motivation for liking Sakura, so to twist his seeing a common ground with her into saying that he was trying to one-up Sasuke is most definitely changing things.
    I think there were grounds for either way of looking at it. He was trying to one-up Sasuke during her introduction. Even after finding out about their relating to each other, he sooner thinks of trying to make him look like a jerk. Which would've been sorta ironic if it worked, since she would no longer be seeking acknowledgement..

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Which is why Naruto's crush on Sakura always struck me as forced as time went on. She pretty much friendzoned him anyway given that she spent more time obsessing over Sasuke.
    I think its worse in the anime...

The anime does a-lot more with them, so its gonna be weird for it to not happen now. lol.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 5th December 2014 at 1:28 AM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Doesn't exactly help shipping is part of the plot though...

And Sakura loving Sasuke for his loos and being a "cool guy" isn't shallow? Or Hinata loving Naruto because he was a failure like her? I suppose you could argue Naruto helped Hinata during their very limited interactions, but what exactly did Sasuke do to justify Sakura's love? At least Naruto was always there for Sakura, never got angry at her specifically and always encouraged her to get stronger.
    I've re-read the aforementioned chapters, and NH wasn't shallow at all. If something, it helped to the development of both of them (moments explained some posts ago). Sakura's crush, if shallow and fangirl like at first, really, but really turned into love after the 1st chuunin exams. And, as crazy as it seems, Sasuke DID care a lot about Sakura. Only that his hate path restrained him to show care of other women.

I'd say you have a point were it not for the fact that you're deliberately twisting facts in a negative way to suit your point. Sure, he realized he liked her because she wanted acknowledgement from Sasuke, but that it was Sasuke she wanted acknowledgement from had nothing to do with it. It was the perceived common ground in wanting acknowledgement from somebody that was important.

That has nothing at all to do with his rivalry with Sasuke, and I really hesitate to say there's anything overly shallow about him having feelings for a person he believes he can empathize with.
    It has very much in common with Saucekay-koon. Go and read the ch. 3 again when Naruto henge no jutsu-ed into Saucekay-koon

Naruto's crush on Sakura was a gag material most of the cases, even Naruto wasn't empathic with Sakura's thoughts and was very superficial with his comments (in Part 1 manga, Sasuke was way more empathic with the pink haired's inner thoughts. It's very much like the Taiora vs Sorato situation). The only time it had serious plot definition was in the "falsefession" scene in Part 1, but that scene had literally put the second to last nail to NS potential love development Koffing Coffin (bad pun joke xDDDD). Even Naruto was really dense and wasn't capable to realize romantic things (because of his character. Hyperactive, arrogant, rebellious and impulsive in Part 1 and kinda obsessed with Sasuke in part 2). That explains why he couldn't pick up Hinata's romantic hints until the confession scene in part 2 and why he believed Kurenai was fat instead of the logical response she was pregnant.

In that context, The Last movie is both a "return-to-the-basics" regarding the origin of Naruto's 1st crush, and the final step towards glory regarding his final personal growth (finally cracking his "obliviousness armor" amour thread local pun not intended really and realizing he wasn't hated all that time befor he was into team 7.

And if you ask me, Naruto has to be really SOOOOOOO lucky to have married the kind hearted, meek and honest Hinata at the end. The other girls (Ten Ten, Sakura, Ino, Temari) were totally hot tempered and somewhat tsundere and violent for his likings
    Last edited by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin; 5th December 2014 at 1:17 AM.

I think there were grounds for either way of looking at it. He was trying to one-up Sasuke during her introduction. Even after finding out about their relating to each other, he sooner thinks of trying to make him look like a jerk. Which ideally (and ironically) would stop her from seeking acknowledgement...
    Of course he did; he was interested in her and disliked Sasuke, so why is that a surprise? It was later on that he prioritized her feelings for Sasuke over his own; that still doesn't mean his feelings for her had to do with his rivalry with Sasuke. Regardless of his feelings toward Sasuke, his reason for liking Sakura was rooted not in anything to do with him but in his perception that they sought the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioTheSuperSaiyajin View Post
    It has very much in common with Saucekay-koon. Go and read the ch. 3 again when Naruto henge no jutsu-ed into Saucekay-koon
    I re-read the chapter before starting this argument, thank you (I'm interested in making sure I know what I'm talking about), but if you don't mind you could take your own advice and read what I said. I'm well aware of what he did; what I'm not aware of is why you think that has anything to do with what I've been talking about.
    Last edited by Akashin; 5th December 2014 at 1:35 AM. Reason: Completely missed a later part of the chapter, ironically; edited appropriately

Did you read an extended version of the chapter that I missed? The chapter 3 I read had him fleeing with a case of diarrhea mere seconds after realizing why he liked her.
    But it was after dropping that load that he cooks up the plan. On the same page. "If I make her think that Sasuke is a jerk..."

If the relating to her part was more significant, especially on a matter so important to him (being recognized), I would think he'd back off a-lot sooner than he did.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

But it was after dropping that load that he cooks up the plan. On the same page. "If I make her think that Sasuke is a jerk..."

If the relating to her part was more significant, especially on a matter so important to him (being recognized), I would think he'd back off a-lot sooner than he did.
    Sorry, I did miss that part (and was apparently too late in editing my post to account for that).

I don't know why you would think that. Naruto wasn't nearly that selfless at that point in the story.

Since this seems soo popular as a means to prove NaruSaku ended "here"... with this rivalry claim being the only "reason" Naruto loved Sakura...

Spoiler:- Can't have it both ways:

I've re-read the aforementioned chapters, and NH wasn't shallow at all. If something, it helped to the development of both of them (moments explained some posts ago). Sakura's crush, if shallow and fangirl like at first, really, but really turned into love after the 1st chuunin exams. And, as crazy as it seems, Sasuke DID care a lot about Sakura. Only that his hate path restrained him to show care of other women.
    Care at all to give any proof to this? I mean just cause you "claim" it happened, doesn't mean we all know of what your talking about...
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Sasuke cared for her, but I never really got romance vibes from him; it was always Sakura who had that, and she was misguided in my view. Her love for him only hurt her.

Hold up tho. New revelation incoming.

http://yagami1211.tumblr.com/post/10...iew-from-kishi
    http://eiga.com/movie/79681/interview/

「ナルトがヒナタと一緒になることは結構早い段階で決めていましたね。だからこそ、ナルトとサクラがくっつ くかのようにミスリードさせるために、あえてサクラとナルトの母親であるクシナの動きを重ねるかのようなシ ーンを描いたりもしたんです」。

"NARUTO ga HINATA to isshou ni narukoto wa kekkou hayai dankai de kimeteimashitane. Dakara koso NARUTO to SAKURA ga kuttsuku ka no you ni MISLEAD saseru tame ni, aete SAKURA to NARUTO no hahaoya de aru KUSHINA no ugoki kaneru ka no you na SCENE wo egaitari moshitan desu."

short version :
    Naruto ending up with Hinata was decided in the very early stages of the story.

Naruto being close to Sakura was a deliberate mislead, that was the entire point of the scenes of Sakura being compared to Kushina, for exemple.

The Last Movie is not only the story of Naruto falling in love with Hinata, but it is the story of Sakura & Naruto parting ways.

He felt the story of Naruto falling in love with Hinata has to be propely explained, or it wouldn’t be fair to the readers. That’s why the Last Movie exists.

EDIT : I gave the interview to two others translators outside of the Naruto fandom, just in case I got something wrong.
    EDIT 2 : Pretty much 90% confirmed.
    EDIT 3 : 100% Confirmed, retweeted by the Official Naruto Twitter Account.
    Kishi the troll god. So it was all a deliberate trap then.

That's just mean. lol. He could've just given Hinata more time with him in the place of that. Not to say that she had none...
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 5th December 2014 at 8:57 PM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Hmmm, I wonder then if this movie was meant to be all about love for quite some time since he decided on Hinata a long time ago.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

At least we know for sure that Naruto x Hinata was always meant to happen. Kishi basically being a troll is sad though. He's the new Kubo.

Kishimoto and Hiashi master of Eugenics confirmed.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Narusaku fans where r u guys??? kishimoto just sank what ever was left of that ship and all of those "narusaku moments" were misleads
    time to sit back and watch narusaku fans call kishimoto a bad writer this week is going to be good

pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

jesus that must of been a brutal blow to the Narusaku fans. damn it all kishi

Am I the only one who's, like, 90% sure he heard all that quite some time ago? I could have sworn I'd heard Kishimoto say NaruHina had been his endgame from the beginning before.

Am I the only one who's, like, 90% sure he heard all that quite some time ago? I could have sworn I'd heard Kishimoto say NaruHina had been his endgame from the beginning before.
    If he said this before, then why has NaruSaku vs. NaruHina been a thing since the manga ended? You'd think that if Kishi's intentions were already known, that shipping wars wouldn't have escalated so much. :x

If he said this before, then why has NaruSaku vs. NaruHina been a thing since the manga ended? You'd think that if Kishi's intentions were already known, that shipping wars wouldn't have escalated so much. :x
    You're joking, right? If the matter being settled were enough to put an end to the shipping war, arguments would have ended with Chapter 700. That the matter is settled only escalated the arguments, not diminished them.

LOL, saying Narusaku was a "deliberate mislead" is like Tolken taking credit for all the gay FrodoxSam fanfics.

Kinda sounds to me like he picked it out of a hat, and d.ecided to give himself credit for something accidental.

Like, I like the ship he went with, but saying it was planned kinda smells of "Of course I planned that twist all along, aint I clever?"

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    LOL, saying Narusaku was a "deliberate mislead" is like Tolken taking credit for all the gay FrodoxSam fanfics.

Kinda sounds to me like he picked it out of a hat, and d.ecided to give himself credit for something accidental.

Like, I like the ship he went with, but saying it was planned kinda smells of "Of course I planned that twist all along, aint I clever?"
    That's sort of the hint I got, but there's not much choice but to take him at his word on it, really.

So NaruSaku was just one big fat red herring?

I feel really bad for any NaruSaku fan. It's like rubbing salt on a open wound for them

That's sort of the hint I got, but there's not much choice but to take him at his word on it, really.
    Yeah, we cant really do anything but just go laong with it.

Just seems kinda dickish IMO, the dude already had a 700 chapter super popular manga, no reason to act like he was dragging us by the nosehairs just to give himself credit.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-august/.81827

so the spin off series is coming in August

Page 1080 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 8098010301070107610771078107910801081108210831084 ... LastLast