Page 1088 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 88988103810781084108510861087108810891090109110921098 ... LastLast
Results 27,176 to 27,200 of 27565

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. #27176
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    I'm happy Minato and Kushina are apparently coming back. Their past SUCKED.
    A lot of characters past sucked. Doesn't mean they need to come back to life. I was fine with Minato and Kushina's story. It sucks that both died, but to just keep bringing them back to life, makes this series feel more like a fanfic. And frankly that's what Naruto feels like now. A big barfed up fanfic. Anyway this will be Minato's like 3rd time coming back from beyond the grave and Kushina's 2nd. What's the point of death if characters just keep coming back?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  2. #27177
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    A lot of characters past sucked. Doesn't mean they need to come back to life. I was fine with Minato and Kushina's story. It sucks that both died, but to just keep bringing them back to life, makes this series feel more like a fanfic. And frankly that's what Naruto feels like now. A big barfed up fanfic. Anyway this will be Minato's like 3rd time coming back from beyond the grave and Kushina's 2nd. What's the point of death if characters just keep coming back?
    its probably kishi still getting over his dads death(speculating) i think he said that naruto was himself sasuke was his brother or something like that so him bringing back minato(father) is kishi saying he wants his father back from the dead...thats how im viewing it

    naruto=kishimoto
    minato=kishimoto dad

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  3. #27178
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    its probably kishi still getting over his dads death(speculating) i think he said that naruto was himself sasuke was his brother or something like that so him bringing back minato(father) is kishi saying he wants his father back from the dead...thats how im viewing it

    naruto=kishimoto
    minato=kishimoto dad
    Is that why this is happening? I wasn't aware of that. While I still don't agree with Minato's character constantly reappearing, the meaning behind it is touching. So I won't complain about it anymore.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  4. #27179
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Is that why this is happening? I wasn't aware of that. While I still don't agree with Minato's character constantly reappearing, the meaning behind it is touching. So I won't complain about it anymore.
    its my theory on why he revives minato again..cuz after kishi's dad died last year or the year before he focused on naruto nd minato relationship and making minato seem like a better father so it might be connected

    nd yes his dad did die

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  5. #27180
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    52,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    A lot of characters past sucked. Doesn't mean they need to come back to life. I was fine with Minato and Kushina's story. It sucks that both died, but to just keep bringing them back to life, makes this series feel more like a fanfic. And frankly that's what Naruto feels like now. A big barfed up fanfic. Anyway this will be Minato's like 3rd time coming back from beyond the grave and Kushina's 2nd. What's the point of death if characters just keep coming back?
    Minato coming back to life again is annoying since he was already revived before, but I could let Kushina slide since she hasn't been truly revived before (I don't count her appearance when Naruto fought Kurama).

  6. #27181
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Minato coming back to life again is annoying since he was already revived before, but I could let Kushina slide since she hasn't been truly revived before (I don't count her appearance when Naruto fought Kurama).
    The thing about Kushina is, I don't need to see her alive again in this era when she's dead. I saw her interact with Naruto, bond with Naruto, we got her awesome backstory, and frankly I think she's the coolest female character in the Naruto series. Yet another reason I want a Team Minato spinoff.

    That being said, why revive her now? I have zero interest in Kushina meeting Hinata or Sakura, if that's where they are going. Those two barely matter in the series anymore, other then giving Naruto and Sasuke babies. If you want more Kushina then make that Team Minato spinoff, but reviving her from the dead just totally makes the concept of death meaningless and undermines her sacrifice to save Konoha and her son.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  7. #27182
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The thing about Kushina is, I don't need to see her alive again in this era when she's dead. I saw her interact with Naruto, bond with Naruto, we got her awesome backstory, and frankly I think she's the coolest female character in the Naruto series. Yet another reason I want a Team Minato spinoff.

    That being said, why revive her now? I have zero interest in Kushina meeting Hinata or Sakura, if that's where they are going. Those two barely matter in the series anymore, other then giving Naruto and Sasuke babies. If you want more Kushina then make that Team Minato spinoff, but reviving her from the dead just totally makes the concept of death meaningless and undermines her sacrifice to save Konoha and her son.
    This, pretty much. Kushina's story was told, as was Minato's (for the record, I was against him coming back during the war, too; though I was against all of the Kages coming back for that matter). I can't think of a good reason why she needs to come back.

    The very concept of Edo Tensei irked me for exactly this reason. Let the dead stay dead.

  8. #27183
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Fond du lac, wisconsin
    Posts
    2,485

    Default

    I liked the concept of the Edo Tensei as it related to the war, specifically to showcase previous characters who we knew little about like madara or the other kages. What I didn't care for was the revival of everyone with an existing backstory.

    I wish Kishi would have found scapegoat for not reviving itachi, zabuza, etc. like he did for jiraiya.
    ----------------------------------

  9. #27184
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    52,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    but reviving her from the dead just totally makes the concept of death meaningless and undermines her sacrifice to save Konoha and her son.
    That didn't stop Kishi from reviving Minato, Itachi, and several other characters who had closure already. I don't see Kushina's revival as bad, but I'm not interested in it much either.

  10. #27185
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orience & Yharnam
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    I checked Hulu today, and found out the first few episodes of Rock Lee SD got dubbed! Naruto sounded way different though. Everyone else sounds the same except for him. His old VA got replaced, or just the original VA does the main series, while the new VA only does Rock Lee SD?


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  11. #27186
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    I checked Hulu today, and found out the first few episodes of Rock Lee SD got dubbed! Naruto sounded way different though. Everyone else sounds the same except for him. His old VA got replaced, or just the original VA does the main series, while the new VA only does Rock Lee SD?
    She announced on her Twitter that she was only doing the voice for the main series.

    SD Naruto has a new VA.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 6th January 2015 at 6:17 PM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Ayy Lmao


  12. #27187
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    That didn't stop Kishi from reviving Minato, Itachi, and several other characters who had closure already. I don't see Kushina's revival as bad, but I'm not interested in it much either.
    That didn't make those revivals good. I dislike Edo Tensei and the concept of it. The only time I ever liked it was the first time it was used because it had never been used before and the Hashirama and Tobirama had never really been in the series before. Of course the second time they got revived they are more broken then before, but oh well. The other time is for selfish reasons. As a fan I did enjoy seeing Zabuza and Haku back shortly. Even though neither had any business to be back.

    I strongly dislike the dead coming back to life, unless the writer shouldn't have killed them off in the first place. That's the only time I accept zombies. No Naruto character needed to return. I liked that Minato and Kushina returned inside Naruto's mind or whatever to guide him, because that was a part of themselves they left behind for Naruto. But a full on flesh and blood revival? I am not a fan of those. It cheapens death and makes it meaningless.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #27188
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orience & Yharnam
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    She announced on her Twitter that she was only doing the voice for the main series.

    SD Naruto has a new VA.
    Why though? It sounds like every other character has their original VAs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    That didn't make those revivals good. I dislike Edo Tensei and the concept of it. The only time I ever liked it was the first time it was used because it had never been used before and the Hashirama and Tobirama had never really been in the series before. Of course the second time they got revived they are more broken then before, but oh well. The other time is for selfish reasons. As a fan I did enjoy seeing Zabuza and Haku back shortly. Even though neither had any business to be back.

    I strongly dislike the dead coming back to life, unless the writer shouldn't have killed them off in the first place. That's the only time I accept zombies. No Naruto character needed to return. I liked that Minato and Kushina returned inside Naruto's mind or whatever to guide him, because that was a part of themselves they left behind for Naruto. But a full on flesh and blood revival? I am not a fan of those. It cheapens death and makes it meaningless.
    Didn't Oro restrict Hashi and Tobi the first time? Second time they were revived, they were free. And I thought it was used well. Using it to revive the strongest ninjas of the past to wreak havoc was a great idea. It was only used twice too in the whole series (well, except for the upcoming chapters), unlike in DBZ where every dead characters were revived after every season.

    Minato and Kushina being revived "accidentally" is stupid. Sounds like something from a filler.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  14. #27189
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    Why though? It sounds like every other character has their original VAs.


    Didn't Oro restrict Hashi and Tobi the first time? Second time they were revived, they were free. And I thought it was used well. Using it to revive the strongest ninjas of the past to wreak havoc was a great idea. It was only used twice too in the whole series (well, except for the upcoming chapters), unlike in DBZ where every dead characters were revived after every season.

    Minato and Kushina being revived "accidentally" is stupid. Sounds like something from a filler.
    Orochimaru "restricting" them was just a excuse to explain why they weren't OP back in part 1 like they were in the war. The minute Orochimaru revived them, Hashirama should have been able to break out like he did in part 2. One could argue that when Orochimaru put those kunai in their backs it restricted them, but Hashirama and Tobirama had plenty of time to do something before Orochimaru finally did that. Edo Tensei was just a lazy way to create opponents for the war, instead of doing something like Obito/Fakedara going around and recruiting the most evil rogue shinobi from other villages or something. It also showed this generation sucked compared to the old, minus Naruto and Sasuke. I was not a fan of how Edo Tensei became the wars scapegoat. Instead of elevating characters like Sakura, Shikamaru, Neji, Choji, Shino and the likes to true elite levels, Naruto took the DBZ route and only certain people from a bloodline were relevant. It's one reason why I hate DBZ with a passion, I don't even like to talk about that series. Naruto thankfully didn't get to that point and even through the bad I stayed loyal. The war arc was a bad arc with good moments and scenes here and there, I won't say it was 100% terrible. Some moments I truly did love about this arc.

    By the way. Has anyone seen the cover of Naruto volume 68? Let me just says it's the best cover Naruto cover ever. And probably the closest I'll ever get to my dream spin off series
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  15. #27190
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post

    By the way. Has anyone seen the cover of Naruto volume 68? Let me just says it's the best cover Naruto cover ever. And probably the closest I'll ever get to my dream spin off series
    I like that one too. These are my favorites
    15 - https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...9c11745e0c7025
    41 - https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...20a6a5da3fa9bf
    45 - https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...a8&oe=556D3F62
    48 - https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...95&oe=552DADFB
    70 - https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...4b2422ed4101c9

  16. #27191
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Orochimaru "restricting" them was just a excuse to explain why they weren't OP back in part 1 like they were in the war. The minute Orochimaru revived them, Hashirama should have been able to break out like he did in part 2. One could argue that when Orochimaru put those kunai in their backs it restricted them, but Hashirama and Tobirama had plenty of time to do something before Orochimaru finally did that. Edo Tensei was just a lazy way to create opponents for the war, instead of doing something like Obito/Fakedara going around and recruiting the most evil rogue shinobi from other villages or something. It also showed this generation sucked compared to the old, minus Naruto and Sasuke. I was not a fan of how Edo Tensei became the wars scapegoat. Instead of elevating characters like Sakura, Shikamaru, Neji, Choji, Shino and the likes to true elite levels, Naruto took the DBZ route and only certain people from a bloodline were relevant. It's one reason why I hate DBZ with a passion, I don't even like to talk about that series. Naruto thankfully didn't get to that point and even through the bad I stayed loyal. The war arc was a bad arc with good moments and scenes here and there, I won't say it was 100% terrible. Some moments I truly did love about this arc.
    no the reason why they werent OP when they were edo tensie the first time was that orochimaru said it wasnt completed yet it was only better than tobirama edo tensei...kabuto didnt even completely finish it either as tobirama or hashirama said the second time they came back they were almost at full power suggesting it still wasnt complete...i agree about it wouldve been better for obito to recruit rogue ninja from other villages to fight...well madara showed that he was better than naruto and sasuke. naruto didnt get to that point? uchihas nd the senju were the only bloodlines that got any relevance how can you say that u hate dbz when naruto was influenced by dbz

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  17. #27192
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    no the reason why they werent OP when they were edo tensie the first time was that orochimaru said it wasnt completed yet it was only better than tobirama edo tensei...kabuto didnt even completely finish it either as tobirama or hashirama said the second time they came back they were almost at full power suggesting it still wasnt complete...i agree about it wouldve been better for obito to recruit rogue ninja from other villages to fight...well madara showed that he was better than naruto and sasuke. naruto didnt get to that point? uchihas nd the senju were the only bloodlines that got any relevance how can you say that u hate dbz when naruto was influenced by dbz
    I have my reasons for hating that series. But as I said, I don't like to talk about. So I'll just leave it at that. Naruto almost got as bad as that series, but it didn't, thankfully.

    Back to Naruto, again this was all a excuse to explain why Hashirama and Tobirama weren't OP in part 1. When Orochimaru first used Edo Tensei, it was not stated the jutsu wasn't complete. Orochimaru himself even went as far as to restore Hashirama and Tobirama to their "original" selves as he and Hiruzen put it. So they didn't say the jutsu was incomplete at the time. They had to say that in part 2 to explain how Hashirama and Tobirama would even measure up to Madara, who broke the scale in terms of OP character. They could have given them a BS powerup like they did Minato, but I guess that would have been too much.

    But when I think about it, I suppose I'm sorta glad they at least gave a explanation as to why Hashirama and Tobirama weren't OP in part 1. But it also ties into the whole "Strongest Hokage" inconsistent problem they had between Hashirama, Minato, and Hiruzen. Now that title is without a doubt Hashirama's.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 7th January 2015 at 9:54 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  18. #27193
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    52,172

    Default

    i agree about it wouldve been better for obito to recruit rogue ninja from other villages to fight...
    I don't think that would've been any better than Edo Tensei tbh since we'd simply get more new characters, and it's not as if they'd have been well-developed anyway in my opinion.

  19. #27194
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I don't think that would've been any better than Edo Tensei tbh since we'd simply get more new characters, and it's not as if they'd have been well-developed anyway in my opinion.
    At least you can't Talk No Jutsu them or seal them up. Edo Tensei was a lazy excuse to give the bad guys a army. Not all of them were bad. 2nd Mizukage was great. The Gold and Silver Brothers were pretty cool before one of them became a Naruto knock off. But instead of making them dead zombies, just make them prisoners of Raikage, who Obito frees and recruits them? I wouldn't have mind new villains for the war arc, because if the war was actually good, you could have given them enough screentime to be memorable. Half the villains in Naruto appeared in only one or two fights and they have large fanbases. Just look at Deidara. He's had like what, 3 fights in the entire series, yet he became very popular and ranked really high in one of the Naruto popularity charts. The Edo Tensei's just took already established characters and made them even weaker or stronger depending on the plot.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  20. #27195
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I don't think that would've been any better than Edo Tensei tbh since we'd simply get more new characters, and it's not as if they'd have been well-developed anyway in my opinion.
    If the choice is between spamming Edo Tensei to the point that the idea of characters dying is cheapened and using a mercenary army (which, by the way, was at one point part of Akatsuki's plan anyway), I'll go with the latter.

  21. #27196
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    I wonder what ever happened to the Senju clan? Aside from Tsunade, we haven't seen any other present day Senju clan members. Which is odd since they were just as powerful and important as the Uchihas. I wonder how the Uchiha's remained until the massacre while the Senjus faded away?
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 8th January 2015 at 8:34 AM.

  22. #27197
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    52,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I wonder what ever happened to the Senju clan? Aside from Tsunade, we haven't seen any other present day Senju clan member. Which is odd since they were just as powerful and important as the Uchihas. I wonder how the Uchiha's remained until the massacre while the Senjus faded away?
    I always wondered about that as well. I suppose it's possible that most of the Senju clan simply died out or integrated with other clans.

  23. #27198
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orience & Yharnam
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    There was a new villain introduced in the war. Lots of people hated her and thought she was a copout...

    I was personally completely fine with Edo Tensei. We all knew Oro and Kabuto were sneaky and suspicious DNA tempering mofos. Knowing Kabuto had all those DNA samples from all these dead ninjas of the past makes complete sense. What I don't get is that Edo Tensei was a last resort thing. He didn't know Kabuto had freaking Edo Tensei until after the freaking Gokage summit. Did he really think a whole bunch of Zetsu clones and the Gedo Mazou and himself would have been enough for the war?

    The Senju clan not being present by the time the manga took place is dumb. The Clan that gave birth to the founder of the Leaf Village, and they all disappear in less than 40 years. Stupid and nonsensical. Another thing is that the Senjus and Uchihas used to both live in the same village, yet Oro never bothered to kill at least one very weak person from each clan for research. Plot holes.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  24. #27199
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    52,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    There was a new villain introduced in the war. Lots of people hated her and thought she was a copout...
    She was underwhelming, so she deserved the hate in my view; I lost respect for her when she started crying and reminiscing about her sons.

  25. #27200
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orience & Yharnam
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    She was underwhelming, so she deserved the hate in my view; I lost respect for her when she started crying and reminiscing about her sons.
    Nah breh. She became the Juubi, and was sealed for thousands of years (or however long it's been). Her two sons had died, and her grandchildrens' souls and stuff had now passed on to Naruto and Sauce. Crying under that situation is acceptable. But then again, she is the Juubi and the final baddie, so she shouldn't have shown any emotions... the Sexy Male Harem actually working was the dumb part of the fight. Also, Toneri waiting 2 years to come down to Earth, instead of helping his ancestor when she was unsealed.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


Page 1088 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 88988103810781084108510861087108810891090109110921098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •