Page 1090 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 90990104010801086108710881089109010911092109310941100 ... LastLast
Results 27,226 to 27,250 of 28075

Thread: Naruto Discussion Thread

  1. #27226
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    To clarify: this is manga right? Not actually novels?

    I'm kind of excited for half of these. I wonder how often chaos happens in a peaceful ninja world and if Kakashi will have to deal with it. Shikamaru fighting somebody is nice to see if it's largely strategy. I have a feeling it might be Kurenai or Mirai. The Akatsuki story is whatever but it'd be nice to get an update on Hidan's mangled and buried body. And the Konoha story better answer if TentenxLee is a thing.

    Don't care about Gaara and Sakura since we know how their love lives end up.
    Not with Gaara. If he is married by the time of the epilogue, we may not of saw his wife because she stayed in the Sand Village

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're actual novels, as in just a lot of text. I won't even consider them canon since it's not Kishi's work.
    Why do they have to be written by Kishimoto to be canon? If he approved of them and the events are referrenced in the spin off, I think that counts as canon
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 18th January 2015 at 12:22 AM.

  2. #27227
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Why do they have to be written by Kishimoto to be canon? If he approved of them and the events are referrenced in the spin off, I think that counts as canon
    because kishimoto is the creator...every naruto character is his and only his and should be the one who makes every choice and the one that writes the story for the characters...i think it falls under the same category db gt the creator approved of it but its actual canon material

    am i the only one who is only going to read the spinoff to see how naruto is as hokage...im not interested in the kids that much since they seem like copies of their parents right now but who knows maybe over time they will grow apart from it

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  3. #27228
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    53,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Why do they have to be written by Kishimoto to be canon? If he approved of them and the events are referrenced in the spin off, I think that counts as canon
    It just wouldn't feel right unless he personally came up with all the ideas for the plot and events in said novels imho.

    As for the strongest genjutsu user, I've always considered that to be Itachi tbh.

  4. #27229
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    As for the strongest genjutsu user, I've always considered that to be Itachi tbh.
    its shisui uchiha according to naruto chapter 550 page 10-11

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  5. #27230
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    because kishimoto is the creator...every naruto character is his and only his and should be the one who makes every choice and the one that writes the story for the characters...i think it falls under the same category db gt the creator approved of it but its actual canon material

    am i the only one who is only going to read the spinoff to see how naruto is as hokage...im not interested in the kids that much since they seem like copies of their parents right now but who knows maybe over time they will grow apart from it
    I wanted to see Naruto as a Jonin leader with his own squad of Genin, so we could see a new side of Naruto we still haven't seen very often. That of a leader in the fields, and teaching younger shinobi. Plus it would have been so interesting if one of his students didn't like his world peace message and Naruto would have to deal with him/her and how to teach them. That is something I was aching to see in Naruto.

    Other then Sasuke's kid, I agree. I have no real interest in these new kids. Especially Naruto's son, who looks like a clone of him. I'm not terribly interested in seeing Naruto as Hokage. Glad he became it, but watching him do paper work and such will be boring. I don't really know what I want from Naruto anymore. I guess nothing. If only I got to see Jonin leader Naruto in the fields at least once.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

  6. #27231
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Can't really see Naruto working without visuals.

    Even if it is a Light Novel it will most likely have 10 images, max. Count me out.

  7. #27232
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    53,339

    Default

    I've personally never had an interest in seeing Naruto lead a team of genin, mostly because I hate rookie ninja and seeing Naruto dealing with them on his own team would make me cringe.

  8. #27233
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    I actually wanted to see Naruto lead a team of Genin myself. The series was at its best when Naruto and the others were still Genin.


    Anyway for anyone, who is curious, the cover for the final Naruto volume is out. I kind of wish it was Naruto, Hinata, and their kids rather than Naruto by himself.

    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/01/...over-released/

  9. #27234
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    53,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Anyway for anyone, who is curious, the cover for the final Naruto volume is out. I kind of wish it was Naruto, Hinata, and their kids rather than Naruto by himself.

    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/01/...over-released/
    I actually like it. It's simple yet conveys the finale perfectly imo. I need to catch up on completing my collection though; I stopped buying the volumes after volume 55.

  10. #27235
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    I actually wanted to see Naruto lead a team of Genin myself. The series was at its best when Naruto and the others were still Genin.


    Anyway for anyone, who is curious, the cover for the final Naruto volume is out. I kind of wish it was Naruto, Hinata, and their kids rather than Naruto by himself.

    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2015/01/...over-released/
    I agree. The series was so fun when they were Genin. Then part 2 rolls around and it started off fun seeing everyone advance, but then it just lost the appeal I liked about the series. Nearly everything after the Pain arc has bad for me. As far as Naruto leading his own squad goes, I wanted to see Naruto advance in his role, not just repeat the same bland one over and over again. The squad of Genin would be there to advance on their own, but also to advance Naruto's character even further, and that was the main thing I wanted to see from it. I'm glad Naruto's Hokage, but frankly nothing has shown me he's a leader like Kakashi, Minato, or Shikamaru, who was not ever a Hokage, but a good leader. Oh well, it will just be one of those "what if" moments. Still would have taken the Genin squad over the kids.

    As for the last cover, I kind of like that it's Naruto alone. Frankly I don't think Hinata has earned a spot on the final volume, pretending that she's anything important...oh wait she's Naruto's wife, I guess she is. I'd have either it be Naruto alone or Naruto with Sasuke, Sakura, and Kakashi, the other main leads. The cover is nice though. Not as good as 68's cover. Not even close, but a good cover.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

  11. #27236
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I agree. The series was so fun when they were Genin. Then part 2 rolls around and it started off fun seeing everyone advance, but then it just lost the appeal I liked about the series. Nearly everything after the Pain arc has bad for me. As far as Naruto leading his own squad goes, I wanted to see Naruto advance in his role, not just repeat the same bland one over and over again. The squad of Genin would be there to advance on their own, but also to advance Naruto's character even further, and that was the main thing I wanted to see from it. I'm glad Naruto's Hokage, but frankly nothing has shown me he's a leader like Kakashi, Minato, or Shikamaru, who was not ever a Hokage, but a good leader. Oh well, it will just be one of those "what if" moments. Still would have taken the Genin squad over the kids.
    i think thats the common consensus everything after pain arc was bad...naruto can still lead his own squad of genin despite being hokage if hiruzen can do it with jiraiya orochimaru and tsunade during one of the worsts eras in the ninja world than naruto can do it in peaceful times but i think kishimoto said somewhere that the spinoff will focus on the kids

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  12. #27237
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orience & Yharnam
    Posts
    2,173

    Default

    That Vol72 cover is so nice. A simple image, but speaks so many words. Will definitely be getting that and the US version when it comes by holiday or early next year.

    Anyway, The Last NaruHina and SasuSaku will be playable in NSUNS4. Gamespot says they're the "older" characters, which they technically are, and I was expecting Ch700 characters, but ehh. Gotta get that clickbait rather than just saying "The Last".


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  13. #27238
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Neo-Venezia
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    I wish I could be excited for the new generation, but sadly I don't at all. Sarada looks interesting. She has the Sakura charm, but I don't really care about her, and I specially don't care about the other kids. I'm still disappointed at the horrific ending. I cringe every time, and I will never look at Naruto the same way, sad.
    Last edited by besho; 20th January 2015 at 11:35 PM.

  14. #27239
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Sarada alone is enough to keep me interested. Being the first main Uchiha female and Sasuke's freaking daughter makes her intriguing enough. In regards to the other kids, I just hope they give each of them a bit more originality to their personalities.


    I just hope they don't focus too much on the Uchihas in the spin off. that was one of my biggest problems with part 2
    Last edited by Red and Blue; 20th January 2015 at 11:41 PM.

  15. #27240
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    53,339

    Default

    The series was so fun when they were Genin.
    Imo the manga was fun while they were genin simply because Kishi's writing was better back then. I don't personally think that seeing a bunch of beginner ninja as the focus again will be that great when we already saw that in Part 1 though. :x

  16. #27241
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    Imo the manga was fun while they were genin simply because Kishi's writing was better back then. I don't personally think that seeing a bunch of beginner ninja as the focus again will be that great when we already saw that in Part 1 though. :x
    Oh yeah that's a good point. Given Kishi's current writing skills, a spin off with them as rookies doesn't sound appealing. Maybe them as chunin would be more interesting

  17. #27242
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orience & Yharnam
    Posts
    2,173

    Default

    By having a Part 3, that instantly means
    1. children as mercenaries are still allowed
    2. Naruto being Hokage did jack squat to fix the horrible Shinobi system that the bad guys complained about
    3. wars will still happen, and there will still be people getting caught in between conflict
    4. Kishimoto is a horrible writer

    I'd definitely love to see how the Narutoverse function with such modern technology now. Will be funny to see the characters using FaceScroll and Skype to communicate with each other in long distances (would have been perfect for Shikamaru and Temari when they were younger), looking up how to perform Jutsus on Youtube rather than learning them by reading scrolls, etc.


    You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?


  18. #27243
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red and Blue View Post
    Oh yeah that's a good point. Given Kishi's current writing skills, a spin off with them as rookies doesn't sound appealing. Maybe them as chunin would be more interesting
    Well that's what we're getting anyway. Rookies via the kids. I don't care for them because they basically look like clones or gender bends of the Konoha 11. At least if Naruto had his own squad they could have made unique new characters. We're basically getting the same characters. Naruto's son looks exactly like him. That's why I'm not interested. And Kishi's writing hasn't been so terrible lately. It's only really suffered writing most of the war and anything involving Madara and the Uchiha's during the war. I only give Obito a pass because I'm bias.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

  19. #27244
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    53,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    By having a Part 3, that instantly means
    1. children as mercenaries are still allowed
    2. Naruto being Hokage did jack squat to fix the horrible Shinobi system that the bad guys complained about
    3. wars will still happen, and there will still be people getting caught in between conflict
    4. Kishimoto is a horrible writer
    I find it hilarious that despite Naruto's talk of bringing stability and peace and whatever else to the shinobi world, he hasn't done much of anything. Poor Nagato for having faith in him.

  20. #27245
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Void Ventus View Post
    By having a Part 3, that instantly means
    1. children as mercenaries are still allowed
    2. Naruto being Hokage did jack squat to fix the horrible Shinobi system that the bad guys complained about
    3. wars will still happen, and there will still be people getting caught in between conflict
    4. Kishimoto is a horrible writer
    1. i dont believe naruto ever said anything about children shouldnt be mercenaries that falls under hashirama wishes
    2. please explain the shinobi system nd how he did jack squat using only chpt 700 since thats the only chapter naruto is hokage(seemed very peaceful in chpt 700)
    3. naruto is the leader of 1 village(not even the country) especially not the entire world so of course wars are going to happen even if he is hokage
    4.yet u still read the manga despite calling him a horrible writer

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  21. #27246
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    3. naruto is the leader of 1 village(not even the country) especially not the entire world so of course wars are going to happen even if he is hokage
    Considering the dream he, Jiraiya and Nagato shared was to put an end to wars, I'd say him being unable to do so is a bit of a mark against him. Besides being Hokage, this was his M.O.

  22. #27247
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    Considering the dream he, Jiraiya and Nagato shared was to put an end to wars, I'd say him being unable to do so is a bit of a mark against him. Besides being Hokage, this was his M.O.
    wars against the 5 shinobi nations...as of chapter 700 there are no wars between them as they get along peacefully now except for them bashing naruto for being late there is no conflict so its not really a mark against him

    pokemon is a kids anime do not expect an amazing story, if you do not fall into the shows demographic dont complain about it

  23. #27248
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tak310 View Post
    wars against the 5 shinobi nations...as of chapter 700 there are no wars between them as they get along peacefully now except for them bashing naruto for being late there is no conflict so its not really a mark against him
    Okay? I didn't say that there wasn't peace; I said Naruto being unable to maintain it (which is what you claimed) would be a mark against him, seeing as a lasting peace is what he, Jiraiya and Nagato were gunning for.

  24. #27249
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shinkuro Jigen
    Posts
    53,339

    Default

    Seeing as I'm sure there'll be some kind of ninja conflict in the Bolt mini-series, clearly Naruto hasn't exactly stopped shinobi culture from being dangerous. Sure, there may no longer be wars between the five big nations, but there are other villages and threats out there.

  25. #27250
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    8,313

    Default

    LOL, world peace takes time guys. He at least got the five shinobi nations on his side and became allies with them. But of course not everyone is going to want peace. There are probably underground independent organizations forming in the shinobi world right now, trying to take advantage of this time of peace, hence why they still might need shinobi trained. Naruto's MO as Hokage could be trying to solve these problems without getting anyone killed or something.

    Stopping wars and making world peace is time consuming and will not be solved in a day. Who said Naruto is still not working for peace as Hokage? Now he's got the title so people are more likely to take him serious. So he hasn't failed anything, he could still be working at it. If getting world peace was so easy to get in a day, then it would have been established already.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham! Sereevee or Serevee equals Serena+Eevee!

Page 1090 of 1123 FirstFirst ... 90990104010801086108710881089109010911092109310941100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •