Page 766 of 1074 FirstFirst ... 666716756762763764765766767768769770776816866 ... LastLast
Results 19,126 to 19,150 of 26832

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambre View Post
    Actually, am I the only one who wants to see the nine-tails extracted. Naruto will live anyways, but it will be awesome to see everyone panicing that Naruto is going to die.
    Naruto will become the new Jyuubi jinchuuriki before he ever loses Kurama for good.

  2. #19127
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,624

    Default

    As long as it's after the Sasuke fight, I guess Naruto can lose Kyuubi. Overall I'm kinda half and half on the idea. There are positives and negatives if Tobi actually steals all the Bijuu. Seeing as how Tobi and his Zetsu's have done so poorly in this war and having not killed a single main character yet, I don't think Tobi even deserves to obtain his master plan. Orochimaru, a more entertaining villain didn't even achieve his goal so why let the less entertaining Tobi do it? He'll just be stopped anyway in a cliche manor. Then again it's not like anything else is really thrilling about this war other then the Naruto and Sasuke future fight, which has been coming since the end of part 1, so why not have Tobi achieve his goal? Like I said he'll be defeated regardless and I'm sure Naruto will get Kyuubi back. As for Naruto dying, he'll be brought back to life somehow so that won't affect me at all. Like they'll kill him off yeah right.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  3. #19128
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Seeing as how Tobi and his Zetsu's have done so poorly in this war and having not killed a single main character yet
    ...Tobi and the White Zetsu Clone Army have done far from poorly in the war.

    White Zetsu Clone Army was causing chaos at night, the Alliance would have lost had Naruto not came into the picture, which was all part of the plan in the first place.

    Now that Naruto and Killerbee are out Tobi has stepped out and it's hardly his fault he's facing the main character which means plot is going to do what the plot is going to do.

    Main characters also don't die so easily due to the plot, side characters/secondary characters/minor characters on the hand die more commonly, but Kishi seems to not want a mass character kill off war, he's not the type to just kill a bunch of characters just for the heck of it. Just because no named character has died doesn't mean Tobi and Zetsu have done poorly here, in the end half the Alliance was wiped out in the first day, and Tobi probably would like as many people alive as possibly so his plan can have some people to play with.

    Tobi has done a great job in this war, as well the White Zetsu Clone Army.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  4. #19129
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Lol wat?^ Tsunade is the Hokage, as long as Tobi isnt going God-mode on everybody and madara and he hax edo-tensei isnt around everything should be golden

    Power levels screwed up much :|
    The power levels aren't screwed. The Kages are the strongest of their village minus a few exceptions (Naruto, Bee) and anyone of Jonin rank is a strong shinobi i.e Kakashi and Gai. Just because Naruto and Sasuke a Kage level doesn't mean the power levels are screwed up. Tsunade wasn't that good to begin with.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  5. #19130
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    ...Tobi and the White Zetsu Clone Army have done far from poorly in the war.

    White Zetsu Clone Army was causing chaos at night, the Alliance would have lost had Naruto not came into the picture, which was all part of the plan in the first place.

    Now that Naruto and Killerbee are out Tobi has stepped out and it's hardly his fault he's facing the main character which means plot is going to do what the plot is going to do.

    Main characters also don't die so easily due to the plot, side characters/secondary characters/minor characters on the hand die more commonly, but Kishi seems to not want a mass character kill off war, he's not the type to just kill a bunch of characters just for the heck of it. Just because no named character has died doesn't mean Tobi and Zetsu have done poorly here, in the end half the Alliance was wiped out in the first day, and Tobi probably would like as many people alive as possibly so his plan can have some people to play with.

    Tobi has done a great job in this war, as well the White Zetsu Clone Army.
    I guess if you want to look at it that way it makes more sense. I guess I just want to see some death and emotion from the main characters. They don't have to kill them all off, just one or two would be fine for me. I wanted to see some real emotion when Naruto's friends faced the death of a classmate. We've seen them deal with masters death so seeing their classmates/teammates die would have really elevated them to true ninjas. When I said Tobi's army was failing, I think I was mainly talking about his Edo Tensei's zombie's. Other then a few, they really haven't been that scary for all their legendary status goes, but I guess talk no jutsu also plays a factor in that, so maybe I shouldn't have said Tobi's army was doing a lousy job, but I stand by what I said that this entire war arc is mediocre and could have been much better then it is.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  6. #19131
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    ...Tobi and the White Zetsu Clone Army have done far from poorly in the war.
    You're only defending Zetsu because he's your favorite character. However, everyone else knows that the White Zetsu Army was a disappointment. Most of them got killed during the first part of the war, and even though they had a plan for countering the Allied Shinobi Forces by disguising themselves as "good" ninja, Naruto and the others still managed to stop them. The only interesting thing that the White Zetsu did was merge together, but they only did that once and Naruto defeated them quickly. And don't get me started on Tobi.

  7. #19132
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I guess if you want to look at it that way it makes more sense. I guess I just want to see some death and emotion from the main characters. They don't have to kill them all off, just one or two would be fine for me. I wanted to see some real emotion when Naruto's friends faced the death of a classmate. We've seen them deal with masters death so seeing their classmates/teammates die would have really elevated them to true ninjas. When I said Tobi's army was failing, I think I was mainly talking about his Edo Tensei's zombie's. Other then a few, they really haven't been that scary for all their legendary status goes, but I guess talk no jutsu also plays a factor in that, so maybe I shouldn't have said Tobi's army was doing a lousy job, but I stand by what I said that this entire war arc is mediocre and could have been much better then it is.
    Edo Tensei is Kabuto's army though. Also, they were being used for more then battling, they were used to torment those who had connections with the people summoned by Edo Tensei. "Talk no jutsu" didn't really have much of an impact on them at all, aside from Sasori and Shin, all the others couldn't be talked out of Edo Tensei(Since Kabuto powered it up).

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    You're only defending Zetsu because he's your favorite character. However, everyone else knows that the White Zetsu Army was a disappointment. Most of them got killed during the first part of the war, and even though they had a plan for countering the Allied Shinobi Forces by disguising themselves as "good" ninja, Naruto and the others still managed to stop them. The only interesting thing that the White Zetsu did was merge together, but they only did that once and Naruto defeated them quickly. And don't get me started on Tobi.
    My favoritism for Zetsu has nothing to do with it, I simply don't cast characters off when they are clearly shown to be a threat.

    Most of the Alliance got killed during the first part of the war too.

    They only stopped the Shape Shifting technique because Naruto came into the picture, and he's the main character. Before he came into the picture chaos was all around the battlefield and the Alliance were in a very tight spot, clearly shown in the manga. Shikaku pretty much confirmed that only Naruto had the power to stop it, and that's exactly what happened.

    Plus the White Zetsu Clone Army main purpose was to lure Naruto and Killerbee out.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  8. #19133
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    I don't think the White Zetsu army was a disappointment at all. Tobi doesn't need to defeat their army. He just needs Kyuubi and Hachibi. He wanted to lure them out and he did just that. So it seems like his plan was a success. Naruto and Bee are out in the open and Tobi can extract the Bijuu.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  9. #19134
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Someone explain how the White Zetsu army was not a threat when they and the Edo Tenseis wiped out half of the Shinobi Alliance in one night. It was sad that the original got killed, though. Not to mention they did a huge number on the medical division, which will hurt the villages in any further battles. And like everyone said, they were basically a giant distraction. The main purpose of the Edo Tenseis and Zetsus was to keep everyone away from Naruto and Bee so they could be captured.
    If I did have one problem, it's Kakashi and Guy. They would be better suited fighting Muu and Madara than fighting with Naruto and Bee. They were needed, but I had hoped to have a bijuu-only battle.

  10. #19135
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,912

    Default

    I think the Zetsu Army did their killing off screen. 40,000 is way too large of a number for the zombies to kill alone, and most of them were preoccupied.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  11. #19136
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    into that good night
    Posts
    10,438

    Default

    Maybe it's because I came to Naruto by way of anime before manga, so I'm used to seeing a lot of action in action, but the whole Zetsu army sort of seemed forgettable to me. Certainly much of the war and battling is off-screen anyway, but I can hardly remember a thing concerning the White Zetsu army except for the two or three instances where an individual Zetsu disguised itself as a significant character (like Neji). This was played up to be an army of perfect spies, 100,000 strong and superpowered with Kabuto's science and Hashirama's genes. (Even the anime is making this fact more imposing in its last two episodes than the manga did when it was first disclosed, imo.) I guess what I'm saying is that the payout, compared to the hype, was a little underwhelming, in terms of the manga.

    That's not to say the White Zetsu army wasn't actually an incredibly effective or dangerous asset to Tobi's movement, of course; just that I don't feel like I got enough... experience of it, let's say... from the manga to appreciate it as such. *shrug*

    Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

  12. #19137
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Edo Tensei is Kabuto's army though. Also, they were being used for more then battling, they were used to torment those who had connections with the people summoned by Edo Tensei. "Talk no jutsu" didn't really have much of an impact on them at all, aside from Sasori and Shin, all the others couldn't be talked out of Edo Tensei(Since Kabuto powered it up).



    My favoritism for Zetsu has nothing to do with it, I simply don't cast characters off when they are clearly shown to be a threat.

    Most of the Alliance got killed during the first part of the war too.

    They only stopped the Shape Shifting technique because Naruto came into the picture, and he's the main character. Before he came into the picture chaos was all around the battlefield and the Alliance were in a very tight spot, clearly shown in the manga. Shikaku pretty much confirmed that only Naruto had the power to stop it, and that's exactly what happened.

    Plus the White Zetsu Clone Army main purpose was to lure Naruto and Killerbee out.
    The Edo Tensei's were meant to torment the opponent's yes, but did that actually work? No. Sai was willing to fight his brother, and Team 10 managed to fight Asuma, even if it took Choji awhile to man up. Half the tormenters weren't even present for the correct person, like Neji and his dad, Hizashi, Tsunade and Dan. What was the point of bringing those two back if they didn't even meet up with Neji and Tsunade. A bunch of the zombie's came back not as powerful as they were during their time alive. Sasori and Deidara come to mind with how easily they were captured. I would have thought those two would take a mini army to capture due to how powerful they were. Yeah, you can say the ninja forced were much stronger then they were at the start of part 2 but still.

    This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to state it as a fact or trying to get everyone to see it my way because many people will disagree when I say the Edo Tensei's served no real purpose so far in this war, even Itachi just feels like fanservice of bringing a highly popular character back. It feels lazy, they should have had like maybe a part 3 where Tobi and Kabuto are recruiting some of the most evil, powerful, and vile ninja men and women still alive in the ninja world and have them be Tobi's army. Have them overwhelm Naruto's classmates with jutsu's we've never seen before and use them as a trigger for Konaha and the alliance to want to get stronger before the actual war starts. The Edo Tensei zombies for me have all been lackluster, minus Nagato, Itachi, Zabuza and Haku. The latter two mainly because I just love them.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #19138
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Maybe they did recruit other evil ninja... would definitely be an idea for some filler arcs... during the war... XD

  14. #19139
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I think the Zetsu Army did their killing off screen. 40,000 is way too large of a number for the zombies to kill alone, and most of them were preoccupied.
    The only Edo summons that seem to have actually done some killing were Kakuzu, Kinkaku when he went Kyuubi, and the Seven Swordsmen. Given that, the main bulk of the killings do seem like they were committed by the Zetsu forces.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  15. #19140
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Edo Tensai was a wasted plot device IMO as many popular and famous ninjas missed out on some battles and many characters didn't get developed because of it.

    Sai, Kankuro, Gaara and Chouji are the only ones that got lucky enough to get development even though there were many other battles to show without the arc becoming boring or dragged out.

    But of course Kishi felt that Naruto had to join the battlefield fast and killed off chances for others to grow.

    Instead of Naruto fighting the 3rd Raikage it should have been Bee but nope that didn't happen.

    Neji, Hinata, Shino, Kiba, Ino and Lee's development as characters was what I was most looking forward to in this war but again that didn't happen.

    Of course some of the action makes up for it. But overall, the war has been very disappointing for me.

    Gokage vs Madara has become boring and kinda pathetic, Naruto + others vs Tobi has been put on Hiatus and Uchiha bros vs Dragon-type Kabuto has degenerated into make Itachi and Sasuke look good. (but mostly Itachi)

    Wonder if Sasuke will show us Izanami as that is the next EMS move left after Kishi introduced the 3 main MS abilities + Izanagi.

    Would be cool if Sasuke used Kamui or Amaterasu in combination with his Susanoo.

  16. #19141
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Wonder if Sasuke will show us Izanami as that is the next EMS move left after Kishi introduced the 3 main MS abilities + Izanagi.

    Would be cool if Sasuke used Kamui or Amaterasu in combination with his Susanoo.
    There is no technique called Izanami. If you're talking about Izanagi then you don't need the Mangekyou Sharingan for it. Both Tobi and Danzo used it and neither had the Mangekyou Sharingan. As for Kamui, I think that's unique to Kakashi. Probably because he isn't an Uchiha and has the Mangekyou Sharingan.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  17. #19142
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    There is no technique called Izanami. If you're talking about Izanagi then you don't need the Mangekyou Sharingan for it. Both Tobi and Danzo used it and neither had the Mangekyou Sharingan. As for Kamui, I think that's unique to Kakashi. Probably because he isn't an Uchiha and has the Mangekyou Sharingan.
    You're right; there isn't a technique called Izanami (at least not yet). However, we're pretty sure that it'll be revealed soon since Izanagi and Izanami go hand-in-hand in Japanese mythology. Still, the technique can't possibly be more broken than Izanagi or Kotoamatsukami.

  18. #19143
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    There is no technique called Izanami. If you're talking about Izanagi then you don't need the Mangekyou Sharingan for it. Both Tobi and Danzo used it and neither had the Mangekyou Sharingan. As for Kamui, I think that's unique to Kakashi. Probably because he isn't an Uchiha and has the Mangekyou Sharingan.
    Most people said that Susanoo didn't exist as a technique but they were proven wrong.

    As for Izanagi, that is a bit weird since I figure such a powerful ability would need the MS. As for Tobi not having an MS, I dunno about that.

    I disagree that Kamui is unique to Kakashi as Tobi seems to use a different version of it to teleport to places.

  19. #19144
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Most people said that Susanoo didn't exist as a technique but they were proven wrong.

    As for Izanagi, that is a bit weird since I figure such a powerful ability would need the MS. As for Tobi not having an MS, I dunno about that.

    I disagree that Kamui is unique to Kakashi as Tobi seems to use a different version of it to teleport to places.
    What I remember people thought a while ago is that people have different MS techniques but ever since Sasuke has been shown using the same techniques as Itachi I'm not sure about that anymore.

    If Tobi had the Mangekyou Sharingan why hasn't he used it yet?
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  20. #19145
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    on Earth
    Posts
    2,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    What I remember people thought a while ago is that people have different MS techniques but ever since Sasuke has been shown using the same techniques as Itachi I'm not sure about that anymore.

    If Tobi had the Mangekyou Sharingan why hasn't he used it yet?
    Why would Tobi use the MS if it blinds him? He did control the Kyuubi which is supposed to require a MS but Kishi slipped that under the rug.

    Besides, Tobi has a Rinnegan so him having an MS becomes pointless.

  21. #19146
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Maybe they did recruit other evil ninja... would definitely be an idea for some filler arcs... during the war... XD
    They didn't. They would have mentioned them by now. Maybe they'll do something like that for the anime, but since I don't watch the anime version I wouldn't care.

    On the subject of Sharingan I actually hope Kakashi is the only one to be able to do Kamui. I would hate to see Sasuke, Itachi, or Tobi be able to do that as well, if they haven't already done it. If Sasuke were to ever use Izanagi, would go blind yet again?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  22. #19147
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    On the subject of Sharingan I actually hope Kakashi is the only one to be able to do Kamui. I would hate to see Sasuke, Itachi, or Tobi be able to do that as well, if they haven't already done it. If Sasuke were to ever use Izanagi, would go blind yet again?
    I'm pretty sure it's unique to Kakashi. No one else has shown any knowledge of it besides the one time Tobi said it wouldn't work on him. As for Izanagi yeah I'm sure it would blind him because the technique seals the user's Sharingan that used Izanagi. Sasuke can't even use it because he lacks Hashirama's cells.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

  23. #19148
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The World That Never Was
    Posts
    4,803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    What I remember people thought a while ago is that people have different MS techniques but ever since Sasuke has been shown using the same techniques as Itachi I'm not sure about that anymore.
    To be fair that was never actually said, people just assumed it. But since then, it's been confirm that MS users can have the same MS techniques, with Tobi mentioning that there have been other Susanoo users and Madara showing off his own.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.



  24. #19149
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    If Sasuke were to ever use Izanagi, would go blind yet again?
    I don't think he'll use it; his ego wouldn't allow him to use it since it would leave him with only one good eye. He'd probably choose death over being blind again.

  25. #19150
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    311

    Default

    I'm pretty sure it was said that Senju and Uchiha DNA/abilities were needed together to perform Izanagi, so Sasuke couldn't use it even if he tried. Unless Orochimaru injected Sasuke with Hashirama cells to increase his training. It's certainly possible, but I doubt he can use it, not that he would use it anyway.

Page 766 of 1074 FirstFirst ... 666716756762763764765766767768769770776816866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •