Page 808 of 1074 FirstFirst ... 708758798804805806807808809810811812818858908 ... LastLast
Results 20,176 to 20,200 of 26832

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Gay said: Who are you?
    Oops.

Anyway, Tobi's gotta be someone we've already met. He certainly knows a lot about Kakashi, so that narrows it down to someone Kakashi has encountered before. I'm sure that rules out Izuna, as he died in battle shortly after Madara took his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonlink View Post
    Honestly, Naruto is already down on my list as one of the poorer shonen mangas in recent times but if Tobi turns out to be Obito then I will be even more disappointed than I already am now.

There will be probably 20 chapters of flashback explaining how Obito became Tobi and blah blah blah.

It also rubs me the wrong way to have Obito who sacrificed his life to save Kakashi only to turn into the biggest villain of the series.
    We don't know what happened to Obito between his "sacrifice" and his beginning of darkness, if he really is Tobi, so I wouldn't doubt it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Tobi knew things about Minato and Kushina that was only known by a few people, so knowing regular stuff about Kakashi isn't strange, especially since we know he was secretly in and out of the village quite a bit.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Tobi knew things about Minato and Kushina that was only known by a few people
    That only reinforces the theory that Tobi is Obito, since he was Minato's student and Kushina would have met Obito through those encounters because she was Minato's girlfriend.

I'm telling you guys Tobi is Hayate's girlfriend. This is all part of her evil scheme to kill Baki and the Sand Village. Why we haven't seen her since, not because she's one of the most minor characters of the series and dated another immensly minor characater. We haven't seen her because she's trolling the village.

In all seriousness if it is Obito then I'll feel slightly disappointed just because of how predictable it is. But even so hopefully he'll have a good story to make up for that.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

One thing about the Obito theory: Why would Obito want to kill the Uchiha clan?
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    One thing about the Obito theory: Why would Obito want to kill the Uchiha clan?
    That's a good question, and after thinking about it a bit, I think the Uchiha clan was hiding several dirty little secrets. We know that they were willing to start a civil war for the sake of being in control of Konoha, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that they were willing to kill off members of their own clan who didn't believe in their cause. I think the Uchiha must've killed Tobi's parents or something, which turned him against the clan. And I'm sure Tobi would also blame the village for this since the Senju clan and its sympathizers were responsible for the discrimination against the Uchiha that existed in Konoha, which set everything in motion. Of course, this is just a theory that I came up with based on how the Uchiha operate.
    Last edited by Lorde; 4th August 2012 at 1:08 AM.

Yeah, its amazing how easily Kishimoto knows his fans. You HONESTLY think he's never heard of/will do the most famous theory in all of naruto? He threw in the "kakashi might know tobi" thing knowing full well it would stir the pot just like this.

Keep in mind people, this guy is seemingly the strongest main villian we'll ever see in naruto, he's not going to have tobi be some obscure character people don't remember.
    ----------------------------------

I would think he planned this before. He wouldn't change Tobi's identity if the Obito theory came up after he already planned the character.

Obito isn't exactly obscure, either. For appearing in a few chapters that have no relevance to the present story, he's pretty well known. Not to mention Obito is a big part of Kakashi's character.

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    That only reinforces the theory that Tobi is Obito, since he was Minato's student and Kushina would have met Obito through those encounters because she was Minato's girlfriend.
    Not really, since his students didn't know the secret of Hiraishin and Kushina not just being a Jinchuuriki, but the weakness of the seal wouldn't be information obtainable by just knowing her.

That's a good question, and after thinking about it a bit, I think the Uchiha clan was hiding several dirty little secrets. We know that they were willing to start a civil war for the sake of being in control of Konoha, so I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe that they were willing to kill off members of their own clan who didn't believe in their cause. I think the Uchiha must've killed Tobi's parents or something, which turned him against the clan. And I'm sure Tobi would also blame the village for this since the Senju clan and its sympathizers were responsible for the discrimination against the Uchiha that existed in Konoha, which set everything in motion. Of course, this is just a theory that I came up with based on how the Uchiha operate.
    Doesn't fit with Itachi's flashback. They started a civil war because political power was stolen from them, so they had a legitimate complaint and despite being in charged of the coup, his father accepted Itachi's betrayal and execution.

Oops.

Anyway, Tobi's gotta be someone we've already met. He certainly knows a lot about Kakashi, so that narrows it down to someone Kakashi has encountered before. I'm sure that rules out Izuna, as he died in battle shortly after Madara took his eyes.
    DOn't worry about it, most people missread that. Including me at first. :P
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I would think he planned this before. He wouldn't change Tobi's identity if the Obito theory came up after he already planned the character.

Obito isn't exactly obscure, either. For appearing in a few chapters that have no relevance to the present story, he's pretty well known. Not to mention Obito is a big part of Kakashi's character.
    A character who hasn't shown up for what, 200 chapters? Much less the ones he did show up in were meant as special bonus before the timeskip. Seems pretty obscure to me.

And saying obito is a big part of kakashi's character doesn't really account for anything. You might as well say the fourth hokage or zabuza is tobi then. Especially when you factor in the fact that Gai had just as much of an "I might know him" moment as kakashi did in the chapter.

I mean, I'm not trying to make a big deal of it, plenty others are willing to do that for me. But I'd be disgraced to call myself an author if I were him and did something a 7 year old could come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Not really, since his students didn't know the secret of Hiraishin and Kushina not just being a Jinchuuriki, but the weakness of the seal wouldn't be information obtainable by just knowing her.

Doesn't fit with Itachi's flashback. They started a civil war because political power was stolen from them, so they had a legitimate complaint and despite being in charged of the coup, his father accepted Itachi's betrayal and execution.
    I don't think Minato and Kushina would simply tell Obito and the others all their secrets, but I do think that Obito could've gleaned some knowledge from his interactions with them. As for the Uchiha clan, I honestly think there's more to the story than that, which has already been hinted at in some of the recent chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    And saying obito is a big part of kakashi's character doesn't really account for anything. You might as well say the fourth hokage or zabuza is tobi then. Especially when you factor in the fact that Gai had just as much of an "I might know him" moment as kakashi did in the chapter.
    You seem to be forgetting the fact that Kakashi has Obito's left eye, which helped him perfect the Chidori and which allowed him to copy tons of jutsu. I'd say that was important in terms of Kakashi's strength. Obito also changed Kakashi's views of the ninja world and helped him get over his father's "dishonorable" actions. Obito was a huge influence on Kakashi, and I think it would be cool if the person Kakashi admired the most turned out to be his enemy.

Yeah, the Sharingan is what I was referring to. Obito is literally a part of Kakashi.

You seem to be forgetting the fact that Kakashi has Obito's left eye, which helped him perfect the Chidori and which allowed him to copy tons of jutsu. I'd say that was important in terms of Kakashi's strength. Obito also changed Kakashi's views of the ninja world and helped him get over his father's "dishonorable" actions. Obito was a huge influence on Kakashi, and I think it would be cool if the person Kakashi admired the most turned out to be his enemy.
    Yeah, cause Kakashi wasn't strong before that or anything. He was just a Jonin at 13. No big deal.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Well, let me put it this way, obito is a big part of KAKASHI's backstory, and to have him be the main villain of NARUTO, doesn't make any sense.

But honestly I don't care if I'm wrong or right, its not going to change what kishimoto writes, so I'll happily wait for the next few chapters(which now that I think about it, will probably switch back to orochimaru and sasuke unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    Yeah, cause Kakashi wasn't strong before that or anything. He was just a Jonin at 13. No big deal.
    The sarcasm is thick here. But seriously, he wouldn't be ranked among the best without the Sharingan. That's what made him legendary throughout the shinobi world. I'd even go as far as saying that Obito [indirectly] saved Kakashi's life by giving him the Sharingan; Kakashi's team and Guy's team would have died during Deidara's explosion if Kakashi hadn't warped it away with Kamui. Not to mention all the other times Kakashi has used the Sharingan to protect those closest to him. That eye of his really came in handy, so let's not pretend that it's worthless.

I don't think Minato and Kushina would simply tell Obito and the others all their secrets, but I do think that Obito could've gleaned some knowledge from his interactions with them. As for the Uchiha clan, I honestly think there's more to the story than that, which has already been hinted at in some of the recent chapters.
    Maybe with Hiraishin, though Rin and Kakashi didn't seem to know about it, but not with Kushina. Even Jiraiya didn't know and he's one of the most informed ninjas around. There likely is more to the story, but with what we saw from Itachi's flashback, it was more then just a greedy power grab.

The sarcasm is thick here. But seriously, he wouldn't be ranked among the best without the Sharingan. That's what made him legendary throughout the shinobi world. I'd even go as far as saying that Obito [indirectly] saved Kakashi's life by giving him the Sharingan; Kakashi's team and Guy's team would have died during Deidara's explosion if Kakashi hadn't warped it away with Kamui. Not to mention all the other times Kakashi has used the Sharingan to protect those closest to him. That eye of his really came in handy, so let's not pretend that it's worthless.
    Kakashi has really become underrated over the past year hasn't he? Sometimes you really do need to go back and see all the amazing stuff he's done for his friends and teammates just to see how helpful he's been with that Sharingan eye. Regardless of how he feels about the situation I would have though Kakashi would have made a decent Hokage during the Danzo thing, then Tsnuade ruined it by being alive, jk

Kakashi's sharingan is probably my favorite because he can't abuse it to the same levels that Sasuke does his. Even Itachi had limits before he was a edo zombie.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I say the Sharingan held Kakashi back and made him weaker. Its a chakra drainer for Kakashi and it made him lazy because you just pull it out and you can do a ton of hax even with the regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Kakashi's sharingan is probably my favorite because he can't abuse it to the same levels that Sasuke does his. Even Itachi had limits before he was a edo zombie.
    That's what I like about it, too. It's so balanced. Still, I think it's very useful, especially when Kakashi uses his head to analyze a situation and to come up with a counter measure. I'm just disappointed that Kamui hasn't gotten much attention until recently. It's such an underrated jutsu imo.

The first aspect that made me believe Tobi is Obito was the fact that when Kakashi and Naruto were facing Tobi, Zetsu and Sasuke he mentioned, as soon as Kakashi planned on using Kamui, that it would be useless against him. Possibly because he knew the technique and knew the perfect way to counter it.

Might be mixing things up though.
    Last edited by SharpedoX; 7th August 2012 at 12:35 PM.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    The first aspect that made me believe Tobi is Obito was the fact that when Kakashi and Naruto were facing Tobi, Zetsu and Sasuke he mentioned, as soon as Kakashi planned on using Kamui, that it would be useless against him. Possibly because he knew the technique and knew the perfect way to counter it.

Might be mixing things up though.
    I've been a supporter of the theory for a while now, ever since Kakashi saw Tobi's Sharingan right after Itachi died. It just seemed like it was important. Anyway, there's still a lot of stuff that needs to be revealed before anyone can say for sure who Tobi really is.

It's exciting to ponder when the reveal will be though. "Coming weeks" could be tomorrow to 3 months from now, since Kishi isn't that reliable with time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    It's exciting to ponder when the reveal will be though. "Coming weeks" could be tomorrow to 3 months from now, since Kishi isn't that reliable with time.
    There's no new chapter tomorrow. Shonen Jump is on a break, I think.

Page 808 of 1074 FirstFirst ... 708758798804805806807808809810811812818858908 ... LastLast