Page 811 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 711761801807808809810811812813814815821861911 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,275 of 27165

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

It could just be tobi took obito's eye but isn't really him. j/s

Well we finally get a nearly full explanation of Tobi's ability, though it brings up some questions if he's capable of only moving parts of his body. And I'm glad the whole Tobi=Obito theory is basically over now that Tobi admitted that he took Obito's eye. Anyway, still not liking how friendly the Kyuubi is acting towards Naruto and Minato. Hopefully Naruto and Tobi will both up their game next chapter. Good chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I guess I was starting to buy into Obito=Tobi, but it makes more sense that Tobi just took his eye. I'm hazy on the Kakashi Gaiden eps, did they leave Obito when he died or did they retrieve his body?

And that makes me wonder, is Tobi even an Uchiha? Or did he steal the other Sharingan he had too?

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    And I'm glad the whole Tobi=Obito theory is basically over now that Tobi admitted that he took Obito's eye.
    I guess you didn't read the other posts on the previous page and on this one. The theory isn't "over." The spoilers that you posted said that Tobi took the eye from Obito, but the actual chapter said no such thing (at least not the chapter that I and several other people read). Tobi claimed to have gotten his eye (the Sharingan) at the bridge where the battle took place. He could've easily meant that that's where he (Obito) awakened the Sharingan, which would explain Kakashi's reaction. Also, I find it hard to believe that Tobi is not Obito after he went on and ranted to Kakashi and implied that Kakashi didn't deserve to be a hero because of the events that took place there.

Quote Originally Posted by JJDalts View Post
    I guess I was starting to buy into Obito=Tobi, but it makes more sense that Tobi just took his eye. I'm hazy on the Kakashi Gaiden eps, did they leave Obito when he died or did they retrieve his body?

And that makes me wonder, is Tobi even an Uchiha? Or did he steal the other Sharingan he had too?
    It makes little sense that someone just happened to stumble upon Obito's body and took his crushed eye. But if we assume that Tobi is Obito, at least his survival would make some sense; after all, we know what his Mangekyo Sharingan can do. I also find it a tad convenient that we never actually saw Obito die; all we got were some of his "last words" and then the scene faded out to black. Some would argue that that was the end of it, but I seem to recall a similar scene (I'm talking about the end of Sasuke's flashback from chapter 225 where everything faded out to black, but which was clarified in chapter 403).
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th August 2012 at 2:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Funny thing about Kakashi's comments... Sakura had already made that analysis in chapter 395

Spoiler:- Proof:
    See, Sakura isn't all useless.

Anyway, the thing with Tobi just being a random guy that took Obito's eye is even less anticlimactic than Tobi being Obito at this point.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

The eye, Kakashi's reaction, Tobi's rant, Kakashi's flashback of Obito's tomb... I think people are simply in denial of the obvious. Okay, it could have been better, or more surprising, but that's it. I honestly saw this chapter as a "subtle" reveal. Let's see how Kishimoto will handle it from now on.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    The eye, Kakashi's reaction, Tobi's rant, Kakashi's flashback of Obito's tomb... I think people are simply in denial of the obvious. Okay, it could have been better, or more surprising, but that's it. I honestly saw this chapter as a "subtle" reveal. Let's see how Kishimoto will handle it from now on.
    Even with all this evidence. Maybe I am still in denial but I honestly don't that Tobi is Obito. You have all right to brag when it is revealed the Tobi is Obito but I simply don't think it is that obvious. Or the very least, it going more complicated than that.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I guess you didn't read the other posts on the previous page and on this one. The theory isn't "over." The spoilers that you posted said that Tobi took the eye from Obito, but the actual chapter said no such thing (at least not the chapter that I and several other people read). Tobi claimed to have gotten his eye (the Sharingan) at the bridge where the battle took place. He could've easily meant that that's where he (Obito) awakened the Sharingan, which would explain Kakashi's reaction. Also, I find it hard to believe that Tobi is not Obito after he went on and ranted to Kakashi and implied that Kakashi didn't deserve to be a hero because of the events that took place there.
    According to another translator, the spoiler phased it correctly. Tobi was clearly attempting to demoralize Kakashi now that hi ability was figured out, just like how he then tried to demoralize Naruto moments later. It isn't like Kakashi's guilt isn't well-known.

It's not denial, just logic. Tobi being Obito would open up dozen of plot holes and create questions that couldn't be answered unless there was some sort of time travel involved. There's just no real way to fit him in without a bunch of stuff being reconned.

It's not denial, just logic. Tobi being Obito would open up dozen of plot holes and create questions that couldn't be answered unless there was some sort of time travel involved. There's just no real way to fit him in without a bunch of stuff being reconned.
    I don't know what kind of plot holes would be created, especially involving time travel. Everything we know about Tobi happened after Obito "died", so he was free to do it all. And there's no such thing as "he was too young for this", we know how little age matters in a shonen manga. That or "Tobi" is some kind of legacy character, Obito took on the mantle from someone else, but I think there's no way he isn't the one behind the mask right now.

And well, Kishimoto talks about his Kakashi year again and again, it makes perfect sense that Kakashi will take the spotlight because his former good friend will turn out to be the guy behind the mask.

I don't know what kind of plot holes would be created, especially involving time travel. Everything we know about Tobi happened after Obito "died", so he was free to do it all. And there's no such thing as "he was too young for this", we know how little age matters in a shonen manga. That or "Tobi" is some kind of legacy character, Obito took on the mantle from someone else, but I think there's no way he isn't the one behind the mask right now.

And well, Kishimoto talks about his Kakashi year again and again, it makes perfect sense that Kakashi will take the spotlight because his former good friend will turn out to be the guy behind the mask.
    The dealings with Madara, Yahiko, Nagato, and Kisame all would have happen before the Third war and thus Obito's "death". And then there's the idea that Obito completely awaken and mastered his MS in less then a year, whereas a genius like Kakashi needed a few decades to do so. Plus there's the question of how he isn't blind after all this time. And how he has gained so much information about everyone. Or why from what we've seen of his face, it's much older then Obito's should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Anyway, the thing with Tobi just being a random guy that took Obito's eye is even less anticlimactic than Tobi being Obito at this point.
    If he's just some random ninja who took Obito's Sharingan, I'm going to scream. Tobi knows way too much about the events of the past, and I don't think some random ninja could have gathered all that information on their own. Honestly, I'd rather Tobi was Ramen guy than some common ninja.

I'd just like to point out that the grave/memorial that Kakashi visited in his brief flashback wasn't Obito's. We've seen Obito's memorial before (I remember seeing it in chapter 139), but the cemetery that Kakashi was seen visiting looked like the one where Hiruzen was buried. Not that it invalidates your theory; I just wanted to point that out.

If he's just some random ninja who took Obito's Sharingan, I'm going to scream. Tobi knows way too much about the events of the past, and I don't think some random ninja could have gathered all that information on their own. Honestly, I'd rather Tobi was Ramen guy than some common ninja.
    It seems to me Obito is the only fitting candidate left who can be revealed as Tobi which won't seem too little or obscure or simply out of nowhere.

It seems to me Obito is the only fitting candidate left who can be revealed as Tobi which won't seem too little or obscure or simply out of nowhere.
    There's still Izuna, due to his connect to Madara and such, and a smaller possibility at it being Kagami or another Uchiha that was related to Obito.

There's still Izuna, due to his connect to Madara and such, and a smaller possibility at it being Kagami or another Uchiha that was related to Obito.
    I don't think Tobi will be revealed as any... too minor character. When we get a dramatic unmask, it's usually a big or somehow important, relevant character being revealed (otherwise there would be no point in concealing his identity from the audience anyway). I believe he's either Izuna or Obito, and I'm betting on Obito because that seems to work better with the story, it will give Kakashi his turn on the spotlight and such.

I'm sure that, if he definitely turns out to be Obito, Kishimoto will have good explanations about why and how he became Tobi and achieved everything he did.

Kishimoto will have good explanations
    Bwahahahahaha, really?

I kid xD

Quote Originally Posted by JJDalts View Post
    Bwahahahahaha, really?

I kid xD
    Hey, a guy can dream. I'm hoping he'll put some work, since it's an important character.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up for a good explanation. I think Kishi's storytelling skills are mediocre at best, so it's not like I'm expecting an epic plot-twist. I do feel kind of bad for the people who hate flashback chapters though; I bet we're going to get a ton of them when Tobi reveals his true identity.

I do feel kind of bad for the people who hate flashback chapters though; I bet we're going to get a ton of them when Tobi reveals his true identity.
    Ah I don't mind flashbacks if they are interesting and contribute something, unlike that GODAMN flashback of Sakura asking Naruto to bring Sasuke back before the timeskip. Seriously, how many times did they replay that clip?

I imagine when Tobi is revealed all his story flashbacks will be long enough to fill a entire volume, similar to how Itachi and Sasuke's backstory ate away nearly all of volume 25. That was one of the longest pauses during a fight and it was Naruto vs Sasuke too.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

My problem with the Obito theory is that if Tobi is really Obito, how could he have both Sharingan? His right eye was crushed and his left was given to Kakashi, but during the fight with Konan Tobi is shown to have both Sharingan.

Also there's the obvious reason of Obito being dead, so I think Tobi has to be someone else.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    My problem with the Obito theory is that if Tobi is really Obito, how could he have both Sharingan? His right eye was crushed and his left was given to Kakashi, but during the fight with Konan Tobi is shown to have both Sharingan.

Also there's the obvious reason of Obito being dead, so I think Tobi has to be someone else.
    Remember the left side of his face was a different color (the anime makes it painfully obvious, particularly), so it was probably artificial. Somehow he kept his right eye intact.
    (and well, it doesn't matter if Tobi is Obito or not, we know his right eye wasn't crushed because Tobi is wearing it in his right socket now anyway, that's a fact)

And we didn't see him outright die, just being left to die. That makes all difference, especially in fiction.
    Last edited by Ver-mont; 14th August 2012 at 5:05 PM.

Remember the left side of his face was a different color (the anime makes it painfully obvious, particularly), so it was probably artificial. Somehow he kept his right eye intact.
    (and well, it doesn't matter if Tobi is Obito or not, we know his right eye wasn't crushed because Tobi is wearing it in his right socket now anyway, that's a fact)

And we didn't see him outright die, just being left to die. That makes all difference, especially in fiction.
    I agree that he could've stolen a Sharingan for his left eye, since he replaced it with the Rinnegan anyway. And logically I guess it makes sense that Tobi would have Obito's right eye, since his space-time relationship with Kakashi proves that. I'm still betting that he's not Obito though, and I'm going to keep thinking Obito's dead.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

I could understand some people's skepticism of the Tobi = Obito theory if we were discussing it a few years ago when we still thought Tobi was Madara, but given everything that has happened since Tobi declared war, I think it's silly to discredit it just because of a few inconsistencies (things that Kishi could easily explain using ninja world logic). The way I see it, only a few people were present at Kannabi Bridge, and it's obvious that one of them is Tobi. The only viable candidates are Obito and Rin. And it's funny because it seems some people are so against the possibility that Tobi is Obito, that they're willing to believe that he's Rin, which is even stranger and more complex than the theory they're against.

I think that Rin thing is still a joke, at least as far as I've seen. Anyway, while Obito is clearly not impossible given this is Kishi we're talking about, it just seems way to unlikely given all the previous information granted. And technically, Obito was gone even before the group had got to Kannabi bridge.

We are forgetting one thing though. I am not saying that the obitobi theory is crazy considering our recent information, and lack of other suspects. But Madara knew Tobi personaly. How do we explain that?
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Page 811 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 711761801807808809810811812813814815821861911 ... LastLast