Page 835 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 735785825831832833834835836837838839845885935 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,875 of 25449

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    I'm kind of peeved that Senju DNA has yet another use (aiding in awakening the Rinnegan). I wish Kishi would just let Hashirama fade. Also, I dislike that Obito is being made out to be a savior. I thought Nagato and Naruto were already confirmed to be the children of prophecy; do we really need yet another destined ninja?
    Well it does make sense.

As the rinnegan used to belong to the rikodu sensei, and the senju and the uchiha are decendants of him.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I view the Sasuke and Rinnegan like his early Chidori days. Kakashi tells him he can only do two a day because of his chakra. Sasuke manages to do three still, his plot hole that time was the curse mark. Still we really will have to see where it goes from here.
    Curse Seal made sense... out of nowhere doesn't XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

With Sasuke there is always a plot hole. That Senju Cell thing doesn't mean squat to the plot. I can still see Sasuke getting Rinnegan if Kishi want's him to. Or maybe his little field trip with Orochimaru is leading to Rinnegan. We'll have to see, but we shouldn't dismiss Sasuke with Rinnegan just yet.
    I can actually see Kishi doing this since Sasuke is his favorite character.

And I'm starting to think that Obito really is following orders. I thought he was going to betray Madara, but from I gathered in this chapter, the plan was for Nagato to revive Madara when all the bijuu were caught. But since Nagato died before that point, Madara couldn't be revived, which explains Obito's irritation and comment about the Rinne Tensei shortly after the Pain arc. I bet he planned to revive Madara himself with Nagato's Rinnegan, but Kabuto beat him to it with Edo Tensei, which messed things up for Obito.

Seems like the flashbacks will be over soon. Either next chapter or the one after. Then back to the action.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

So Kakashi killed Rin. Because she died, Obito decided to agree on the Dream World plan proposed by Madara. If I'm following this correctly, then it's technically Kakashi's fault that Obito did all the things he did, right?

Shingeki no Kyojin | Jean Kirstein
    FF.Net
    * Tumblr

Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by watericedragon View Post
    So Kakashi killed Rin. Because she died, Obito decided to agree on the Dream World plan proposed by Madara. If I'm following this correctly, then it's technically Kakashi's fault that Obito did all the things he did, right?
    Somewhat I believe. But for the most part its not just what Kakashi did, but the corrupt world that ultimately forced him to do such a thing.
    At the end of the chapter he said he that he was indifferent to Kakashi dying because he planned to see him in the dream world regardless, so I guess he doesn't completely blame him.

I was re-reading the Invasion of Pain arc, and before Kakashi dies, he has a flashback and says something like "I broke my promise. I couldn't keep Rin safe." That got a hell of a lot creepier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I was re-reading the Invasion of Pain arc, and before Kakashi dies, he has a flashback and says something like "I broke my promise. I couldn't keep Rin safe." That got a hell of a lot creepier.
    I feel so bad for Kakashi, though. I mean just look at his life. His mother died when he was young, then his dad committed suicide because he failed his mission. Then his friend got "crushed to death" by a boulder, leaving him with the responsibility of looking after Rin, which was obviously too much for him. Then his teacher died when his not-so-dead friend set the Kyuubi loose on Konohagakure. 12 years later, one of his students pulls an Orochimaru and defects from the village to seek power. About 2 years after that, one of his close friends (Asuma) dies and his favorite writer (Jiraiya) bites the dust too, and Kakashi suffered the same fate at the hands of Pain. And now Tobi's true identity has been revealed. Kakashi has had a hard life.

Kakashi must be incredibly optimistic. It gets better. It has to get better.

What I'm thinking. Maybe he thinks if his protegee sasuke can be good its all worth it.

I think naruto helps his optimism a lot. When you look at it, he has a student who is one of the most powerful rising ninjas in the world; the same student who was prophesied to save the world. I think mentoring the saviour of the ninja world is a big accomplishment (:

Quote Originally Posted by SolidWolverine View Post
    I think naruto helps his optimism a lot. When you look at it, he has a student who is one of the most powerful rising ninjas in the world; the same student who was prophesied to save the world. I think mentoring the saviour of the ninja world is a big accomplishment (:
    Must be. If he can mentor one person right, it's all okay. (Sakura isn't really relevant.) Ironically, Kakashi is like the only person alive who considers Naruto a saviour. Jiraiya, Kushina, Minato, Konan and Nagato are all dead.

I didn't like how the last part of the Obito flashback was handled. The parts with the Ame orphans were redundant since we didn't see how Obito convinced Nagato to join his cause. Also, I wanted Obito to hold an open grudge against Minato, but he just didn't seem to care enough to really hate him, which I found strange. I only liked that Obito went to visit Rin's grave. Anyway, it looks like Obito won't be the final villain now that he wants to settle the score with Kakashi. I doubt Kakashi would lose here, given what's at stake.

Well I think it's good that Obito seems to have lost all concern for everything and everyone in the world as things currently are. It makes it more believable that Obito can actually become as cold and tenaciously obsessed with his goal as Tobi is. Not to mention, if he still held emotions and grudges toward his former colleagues and friends, then he may have shown them at some point, but instead he decided to forgo his previous life/identity so he could finish his life as the identity-less villain Tobi with no purpose other than the Eye of the Moon plan.

At this point, it seems like we may not get an explanation for Obito's age when he summoned the Kyuubi. If I'm not mistaken, he's supposed to be like 14-15 years old ish. I guess an argument can be made for Kakashi looking like he could be around that age during the flashback, but I think even in the anime he had his older "Tobi" voice. I guess that's because the animation team didn't know he'd be younger, but it's still pretty crazy that Obito changed so much personality-wise and skill-wise so quickly. Oh well, I guess it's not as bad a stretch as I first thought.

I'd personally like to see more of Obito's past, such as his later dealings with Nagato (and even Pain) as the current-day Akatsuki is formed, his meeting with Itachi, and of course the history of the Bloody Mist. But maybe we'll get that stuff later.

I'd like to know how he got control of the Kyuubi. That takes a lot of skill, iirc.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

So he goes through all this back story plot... finally gets to some action... And the chapter takes a break next week? Unbelievable :<
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I'm curious to see what happens after Tobi and Madara are defeated. Obviously there is still Sasuke to deal with, which to be honest I'm surprised that Tobi will probably be dealt with before the Sasuke fight, but I guess we'll see. The end of this weeks chapter kinda made Obito feel like a jealous boyfriend to me when he faces Kakashi. This will surely be Kakashi greatest battle right? Well it should be. As far as Madara goes, he still broken as anything. I wonder if the Gokage have died yet? They kinda left them hanging didn't they?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Flashbacks still seem lacking, especially about Obito's reasoning for doing what he did. Wanting revenge or whatever on Minato is pretty weird when he was perfectly willing to ignore Kakashi's involvement. And we still don't have any sort of explanation for the Bloody Mist or his side of the massacre. Still, Yahiko was boss, seeing right through him. And Madara shows us how Hashirama handled the Kyuubi in the past. So it was an alright chapter.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    I'd like to know how he got control of the Kyuubi. That takes a lot of skill, iirc.
    Well he learned from Madara. Still, I don't think it takes that much skill to control it; Sasuke was able to repress its power with his normal Sharingan, so I think anyone with the Mangekyo Sharingan can do it once they've learned how.

I'm curious to see what happens after Tobi and Madara are defeated. Obviously there is still Sasuke to deal with, which to be honest I'm surprised that Tobi will probably be dealt with before the Sasuke fight, but I guess we'll see. The end of this weeks chapter kinda made Obito feel like a jealous boyfriend to me when he faces Kakashi. This will surely be Kakashi greatest battle right? Well it should be. As far as Madara goes, he still broken as anything. I wonder if the Gokage have died yet? They kinda left them hanging didn't they?
    Kishimoto said that if Naruto and Sasuke have another fight it would be the last of the series. There's a lot of people that were left hanging. Anyone remember an ANBU by the name of Tenzo?
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

I'm curious to see what happens after Tobi and Madara are defeated. Obviously there is still Sasuke to deal with, which to be honest I'm surprised that Tobi will probably be dealt with before the Sasuke fight, but I guess we'll see.
    It's interesting to note that Madara probably isn't even aware of Sasuke's existence... I don't know if that fact will have any consequence on the plot though.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Still, Yahiko was boss, seeing right through him.
    Yeah that was pretty cool. Nagato may have been more powerful than him, but I can see why Yahiko was the original leader of Akatsuki.

- Of course Konan doesn't get a speaking role.
    - Kakashi still looks young in the grave scene. Hard to believe Obito is in the cloak and mask when he's practically the same height and age. (And not in the Zetsu suit, since he has hair.)
    - And, y'know, fighting Minato.
    - Whoa, suddenly done flashbacks. Cool transition.
    - Is that dragon made of wood?
    - NO. A BREAK. Japan seems to have next week off.

Okay chapter. The flashbacks were kind of unnecessary because it didn't add any new plot points beyond what we had. I guess it was to see the scenes in Obito's perspective. I'm glad that we're back to reality and I'm interested to see the two battles now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    So he goes through all this back story plot... finally gets to some action... And the chapter takes a break next week? Unbelievable :<
    +1 to that.
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    At least it wasn't right after revealing Tobi to be Obito, or partway through the flashback. We can be happy with that.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

You know, that wood dragon makes me think of Stardust Dragon. Naruto is screwed.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 835 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 735785825831832833834835836837838839845885935 ... LastLast