Page 837 of 1016 FirstFirst ... 737787827833834835836837838839840841847887937 ... LastLast
Results 20,901 to 20,925 of 25383

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Power wise, Orochimaru will never stand a chance, but that was never his best perk anyway. I can see him pulling some crazy hidden seals or something an "evil genius"-type character would do to stirr up what's going on.

I don't really care about the Sannin anymore. They were overhyped to the extreme; I still remember thinking that they got their title after beating some really powerful enemy, but it turned out that they just tied with Hanzo (aka, the ninja who was also overhyped but ended up being a complete joke). I no longer trust the databook stats, so I have no idea how the Sannin rank in terms of strength, but I figured that they would all die before Part 2 ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    Power wise, Orochimaru will never stand a chance, but that was never his best perk anyway. I can see him pulling some crazy hidden seals or something an "evil genius"-type character would do to stirr up what's going on.
    Yeah me too. Even though he's powerful he's the type of guy to troll people with his countless jutsu, and he likes to play dirty. I can see him doing something devious out of left-field, something that no one would see coming.

He still has that plot armour secret scroll in his arsenal. Orochimaru's role is to interfere in the war but not actually fight.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Itachi had reason to lie though. Because no matter how strong Jiraiya was, there's little he could have done against MS, much less Itachi+Kisame+the rest of Akatsuki. And Sasuke came close, which was the point of their battle, for Itachi to see whether Sasuke was strong enough to take his place as Konoha's protector.
    I highly doubt Itachi would lie to Kisame. Unlike most partners in the Akatsuki, they actually liked each other and I'm pretty sure Itachi wouldn't lie about his strength. That was the one thing he was blunt about.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    I highly doubt Itachi would lie to Kisame. Unlike most partners in the Akatsuki, they actually liked each other and I'm pretty sure Itachi wouldn't lie about his strength. That was the one thing he was blunt about.
    But they disliked each other when they met, which makes me think that despite how they acted toward each other later on, they still didn't really like each other. Itachi might have lied to Kisame about his strength which makes sense since he wanted to protect the village and wouldn't have wanted to kill Jiraiya, who was Konoha's greatest intel source.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    But Itachi was lying to Kisame the whole time. His entire time in Akatsuki was a lie, all so he could keep an eye on Tobi and protect Konoha. And Itachi showed he wasn't even using his full strength back then. Not seeing Jiraiya's answer to Itachi's regular genjutsu, much less MS.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I always thought Itachi and Kisame liked each other. Kisame at least respected Itachi as a great warrior and other then their first meeting when being paired together, they have never had problems, unlike Deidara-Sasori/Tobi, and Hidan-Kakuzu. If Pain and Konan were paired together I could say they were the strongest bonds of the Akatsuki for obvious reasons. But I thought Itachi and Kisame got along just fine. They weren't BFF's but compared to the other Akatsuki teams you might as well say so.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I'm sure Itachi and Kisame had respect for each other and got along alright. But Itachi definitely had much bigger goals and interests and priorities than keeping Kisame's friendship.

I've been under the impression the only real purpose of Orochimaru's return is as a means to an ends for Sasuke in his transformation of power/personality. He'll end up getting something or having a change of heart. But I'll be surprised if there'll be any more glory for Orochimaru... at least I hope not. Although, the Orochimaru stealing Madara's idea is slightly intriguing (but highly unlikely in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I always thought Itachi and Kisame liked each other. Kisame at least respected Itachi as a great warrior and other then their first meeting when being paired together, they have never had problems, unlike Deidara-Sasori/Tobi, and Hidan-Kakuzu. If Pain and Konan were paired together I could say they were the strongest bonds of the Akatsuki for obvious reasons. But I thought Itachi and Kisame got along just fine. They weren't BFF's but compared to the other Akatsuki teams you might as well say so.
    I would say the respected eachother in such a way they managed to get along okay.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    I would say the respected eachother in such a way they managed to get along okay.
    It's sad to say, but that seems to be all Itachi and Kisame had in common; they respected each other. Only Nagato and Konan cared about each other's well being; all the other Akatsuki pairs were either respectful towards each other but not really close (Itachi and Kisame), annoyed by each other (Sasori and Deidara and then the latter and Tobi), or just plain hostile (Kakuzu and Hidan). Zetsu didn't have a partner apparently, so he doesn't really fit anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    It's sad to say, but that seems to be all Itachi and Kisame had in common; they respected each other. Only Nagato and Konan cared about each other's well being; all the other Akatsuki pairs were either respectful towards each other but not really close (Itachi and Kisame), annoyed by each other (Sasori and Deidara and then the latter and Tobi), or just plain hostile (Kakuzu and Hidan). Zetsu didn't have a partner apparently, so he doesn't really fit anywhere.
    Zetsu's the sort of person who plays with himself.

They talked about their feelings. And took walks in the park.

While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Zetsu's the sort of person who plays with himself.
    People do weird things when they are all by themselves. Zetsu does look like a pretty lonely person, too.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

The Akatsuki didnt need to like each other. Sasori and Deidara sort of debated more than argue, and had different styles, but they got the job done. They took down Gaara without wiping a sweat.
    Kisame and Itachi worked really well together because they weren't the type to show off on who was stronger, especially Itachi. Kisame was originally, but stopped after realizing how strong Itachi was. Kisame cared for Itachi a little as well, as he (and Sasuke of course) were the only ones to be upset over Itachi's death. Nagato and Zetsu were sad as well, but only because they thought of Itachi as a powerful Akatsukian Weapon, but Kisame was pretty down about Itachi's death since they were comrades.
    Hidan and Kakuzu... hated each other, and worked badly together... stupid Nagato.
    Zetsu WAS two people. The dark side of him represented a more synical, pessimistic side, the other was the opposite which meant that whatever they/he/it did, it was the 'best of both worlds'.

Quote Originally Posted by adu98 View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

The Akatsuki didnt need to like each other. Sasori and Deidara sort of debated more than argue, and had different styles, but they got the job done. They took down Gaara without wiping a sweat.
    Kisame and Itachi worked really well together because they weren't the type to show off on who was stronger, especially Itachi. Kisame was originally, but stopped after realizing how strong Itachi was. Kisame cared for Itachi a little as well, as he (and Sasuke of course) were the only ones to be upset over Itachi's death. Nagato and Zetsu were sad as well, but only because they thought of Itachi as a powerful Akatsukian Weapon, but Kisame was pretty down about Itachi's death since they were comrades.
    Hidan and Kakuzu... hated each other, and worked badly together... stupid Nagato.
    Zetsu WAS two people. The dark side of him represented a more synical, pessimistic side, the other was the opposite which meant that whatever they/he/it did, it was the 'best of both worlds'.
    There are no spoilers in there...I hope you were being sarcastic. And it was Deidara that took Gaara out. Sasori didn't do anything.

Can anyone see the death of Might Guy coming? I'm leaning towards Guy jumping in front of a Kamui or something to save Kakashi.
    I'm just a big fan of beer and cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by electivire165 View Post
    Can anyone see the death of Might Guy coming? I'm leaning towards Guy jumping in front of a Kamui or something to save Kakashi.
    I hope he does; he just annoys the heck out of me these days. I yearn for Part 1 Might Guy, back when he wasn't such a try-hard. Anyway, I think Kishi should've shown how he got injured, but it seems that all the minor character battles are being skipped over in favor of main character battles. Nothing new really, but Kishi better make the next battle interesting.

You know what I just realized... the Rookie 11 are sure taking their sweet time to get to Naruto's location. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the threat get's neutralized before they get there
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    You know what I just realized... the Rookie 11 are sure taking their sweet time to get to Naruto's location. I wouldn't be all that surprised if the threat get's neutralized before they get there
    Really hilarious since they left before Kakashi, Gai, and Madara. I'm sure they arrive just as things get desperate, and provide motivation for Naruto to draw upon the power of friendship and win.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

The ASF is taking forever so they don't need to be focused on. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. I can see Madara killing quite a few of them just to piss Naruto off. It might make Kurama easier to release.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    The ASF is taking forever so they don't need to be focused on. I'm sure they'll show up eventually. I can see Madara killing quite a few of them just to piss Naruto off. It might make Kurama easier to release.
    What do you mean by that... I thought Kurama already willingly provided all of its chakra to Naruto. Unless you mean easier for Madara to capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    What do you mean by that... I thought Kurama already willingly provided all of its chakra to Naruto. Unless you mean easier for Madara to capture.
    Yep, easier for Madara to capture. I don't think Naruto can fully restrain his anger, and it might accidentally let Kurama loose.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Really hilarious since they left before Kakashi, Gai, and Madara. I'm sure they arrive just as things get desperate, and provide motivation for Naruto to draw upon the power of friendship and win.
    Power of Friendship... oh gawd Japanese writing is getting too predictable XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Yep, easier for Madara to capture. I don't think Naruto can fully restrain his anger, and it might accidentally let Kurama loose.
    That would put Naruto back at square one; it just wouldn't be right after all the progress that he made recently. Even Kishi wouldn't troll us that hard.

Page 837 of 1016 FirstFirst ... 737787827833834835836837838839840841847887937 ... LastLast