Page 850 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 750800840846847848849850851852853854860900950 ... LastLast
Results 21,226 to 21,250 of 26200

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

NOOOOO NEJI, MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!!

Actually, ironically enough, I'm glad Neji died because he's my favorite character, rather than despite it. It gives him a little more depth in a sea of forgotten main characters, and he had an honorable end to his life. Everything about how it happened and what he said was perfect, a satisfying end.

I'm also very pleased to see Obito showing the individuality and villainous independence that almost seemed to disappear since Tobi took off his mask. Showing Madara that he's not just his lapdog-follower proves that they're both probably "using" each other for their own ends. That being said, I'm pretty sure Madara is just letting Obito feel in control until he gets his chance to steal Obito's body or betray him some other way. I must admit, having two conflicting bad guys is always interesting to me.

GREAT CHAPTER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    I wanted Sakura to die. Seriously. That girl is a huge *****.
    She's one of the main characters even if she isn't as involved as Naruto or Sasuke. There's no way she's dying; she has plot armor to prevent that from happening.

I can see Tsunade,Gai and maybe Kakashi dead in 2013. As for the 6th at this point I can't really say. Shikamaru would be good but way to lazy. If Kakashi dies of course he can't be the hokage as for Naruto idk he is kinda doing well with the current battle but... Unless Kishi does some thing that revives everyone who died due to Obito and Madara which would be a huge middle finger to the fans.

Ah, the Sakura hate. I find her and Tsunade to be my favorite kunoichi.
    I've been waiting to see Tsunade's possible death for a while now. I need the closure. ._.

Reading the previous chapters have been a bit emotional. First Shikaku and the people at the HQ die, and now Neji. (Hinata also sacrificed herself for the second time.)
    I actually cared for the deaths of Ino and Shikamaru's fathers, I liked them. Neji's death was unexpected. I also thought that none of the Konoha 11 would be killed, Kishi did a good job with surprising us.

I expect the other Kages to intervene any chapter now...

[Not Made by Me]

Quote Originally Posted by SenorLaughsaLot View Post
    (Hinata also sacrificed herself for the second time.)
    Yeah that was pretty cool. Neji also pointed that out to Naruto. I don't usually like taking sides with shipping because most of it seems like a bunch of arbitrary opinions that take away from the main story, and they're only based on snippets of fanservice, plus I like to let the author do what he wishes with his own characters. But I have to say in this case it does seem like Hinata cares about Naruto the most out of everyone, and I don't know if Kishi would emphasize it this much if it weren't leading to something...

I wish Neji did more before this untimely death though. Even though he was the first of the Konoha 11 to become a Jounin, he didn't get much spotlight at all. He should have gotten at least as much as Shikamaru in my opinion.

One question I have is... why does Madara need a real body in order to become the Juubi's jinchuuriki? Obito didn't have any trouble recreating jinchuuriki for his six paths. I guess the Juubi is too powerful or special or something.

The only thing that could make Neji's death worse is if Kishimoto pulled a revival crap again.

I like that Kishi finally decided to start killing off characters. What I don't like is how he didn't do Neji justice before he died. I seriously think Neji deserved more screen time before Kishi threw something like this towards us. Sure, Neji was a huge star since the start of the manga, but throughout the post-timeskip era, and especially this war arc, Neji did next to nothing. Give us a better build up if you want to go for a good delivery, Kishi.

I also liked how Madara (I think) mentioned the Hyuugas are the strongest of Konoha, although there is nothing backing that statement because Kishi sucks at balancing powers.
    Last edited by Charminions; 19th December 2012 at 1:59 AM.

Hmm...Neji's death doesn't surprise me, but I was surprised to see Kishi kill one of the main characters. Loved this chapter.

Eh, to think that things has another transformation. Don't know if I want to see it.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    I wanted Sakura to die. Seriously. That girl is a huge *****.
    Right... guess every tsundere in manga should just die now...

No seriously, she's gotta live ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Kamex View Post
    Yeah that was pretty cool. Neji also pointed that out to Naruto. I don't usually like taking sides with shipping because most of it seems like a bunch of arbitrary opinions that take away from the main story, and they're only based on snippets of fanservice, plus I like to let the author do what he wishes with his own characters. But I have to say in this case it does seem like Hinata cares about Naruto the most out of everyone, and I don't know if Kishi would emphasize it this much if it weren't leading to something...
    Milking... he's gonna milk every pairing till the end. I'm gonna hear no end from Crimson for this, but Naruto as the main hero will never change his mind about who he loves (an unwritten but followed rule of Shonen's)
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 19th December 2012 at 4:16 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Right... guess every tsundere in manga should just die now...

No seriously, she's gotta live ^_^

Milking... he's gonna milk every pairing till the end. I'm gonna hear no end from Crimson for this, but Naruto as the main hero will never change his mind about who he loves (an unwritten but followed rule of Shonen's)
    Hear from me you shall!

I AGREE! With how dumb Naruto has proven himself in this chapter, he doesn't seem to be the type to realize love from someone he doesn't have an interest in.

My biggest disappointment was when Sakura wasn't skewered like a shish kabob. Damn you Juubi kill the Pink haired banshee! She is a sight for sore eyes with that pink hair anyways.

As for Neji, I feel sad as I did like Neji the most after Sasuke but thats plot. I'm so jaded after Pain Arc that I wouldn't be surprised when the inevitable Naruto becomes Juubi Jinchurikki that he revives every single ninja from the war and Neji is one of the first ones.

While the death was a nice touch the overall chapter felt weak. Naruto being plain dumb and asking what happened to Team 10. The talk between Tobi and Madara was nice but I don't look forward to what the Juubi will turn into now. A butterfly with 10 wings? :P

There are a lot of plot holes that I can't even fathom like how there is only one earth jutsu user and only the main house Hyuugas. Sure the arms were attacking them but man there is over 5000 ninjas on that battle field.

Well nothing else to say really. Lets see how Kishi ends the New Years next week.

P.S. Of course there are mangas out there that prove you wrong Joltik-Kid but naming all of them would take much more effort than I want to exert right now. The problem is that most shonen manga protagonist don't have "love" interests. More like most of them don't show interest in love really. Saint Seiya would be a good example imo, Seiya the MC is in love with a childhood side character but she is forgotten and there is lots of flirting between him and his boss Athena along with a female villain.

Not to say you aren't right either as it turns out to be turn more often than not that MC stick with first love or whatever in shonen mangas.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    I like that Kishi finally decided to start killing off characters.
    Let's just hope Neji and the others stay dead. Given that Neji was already close to dead once, I think it's safe to say that he's really dead this time, but Shikaku and Inochi could still survive somehow. I could see Kishi (or more specifically, Obito) pulling a Rinne Tensei on them or something. But at least that's one death confirmed unlike some other manga.

i was sooo shocked after reading this chapter! i really hope they dont kill off my favorite character kiba D:. also i realy hope they dont revive neji it would ruin the whole point of his death

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Let's just hope Neji and the others stay dead. Given that Neji was already close to dead once, I think it's safe to say that he's really dead this time, but Shikaku and Inochi could still survive somehow. I could see Kishi (or more specifically, Obito) pulling a Rinne Tensei on them or something. But at least that's one death confirmed unlike some other manga.
    His curse mark disappearing is proof of his death, not just because he nearly died before.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

So what are the major alternative for it? I wonder it made positive effects on them..

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    She's one of the main characters even if she isn't as involved as Naruto or Sasuke. There's no way she's dying; she has plot armor to prevent that from happening.
    This, Sakura won't die.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    I can see Tsunade,Gai and maybe Kakashi dead in 2013. As for the 6th at this point I can't really say. Shikamaru would be good but way to lazy. If Kakashi dies of course he can't be the hokage as for Naruto idk he is kinda doing well with the current battle but... Unless Kishi does some thing that revives everyone who died due to Obito and Madara which would be a huge middle finger to the fans.
    I can't see kakashi die, he already died at the invasion of pain arc, so I think he is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    The only thing that could make Neji's death worse is if Kishimoto pulled a revival crap again.
    Weren't you one of the people who wanted some deaths? Because you sound like you aren't happy kishi finally started killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    I like that Kishi finally decided to start killing off characters. What I don't like is how he didn't do Neji justice before he died. I seriously think Neji deserved more screen time before Kishi threw something like this towards us. Sure, Neji was a huge star since the start of the manga, but throughout the post-timeskip era, and especially this war arc, Neji did next to nothing. Give us a better build up if you want to go for a good delivery, Kishi.

I also liked how Madara (I think) mentioned the Hyuugas are the strongest of Konoha, although there is nothing backing that statement because Kishi sucks at balancing powers.
    Actualy people in wars tend to just "die" rather then do something amazing. So by doing it like this it actualy showed a bit of real war. And more realistic. And it was Hiashi who said the Hyuugas where the strongest, which he also said when orochimaru and the sand attacked Konoha :P.
    Last edited by 7 tyranitars; 19th December 2012 at 4:48 PM.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

I won't rule out the dead being revived until they all have funnerals and such. Makes me wonder how much longer the Naruto series will go on if they start killing off main characters. Are we slowly reaching the climax of the series perhaps? If we aren't I wonder what happens next? I could totally see a Hinata sub plot of trying to live up to Neji's genius legacy and try to obtain Jonin rank if the series goes on after the war arc. The same can be said with Shikamaru and Ino and their dads, altough it's been given that they and Choji are the new Ino-Shika-Cho trio anyway.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I really agree with the notion that Choji's dad should also die so that Choji, Shikamaru and Ino can become the new Ino-Shika-Cho trio. It would kind of suck for Choji since Chouza was already put through a near-death experience, but I think it's time for the rookies to surpass their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting Nagato vibes from Obito now. He'll turn against Madara at the end and use Rinne Tensei on everyone he killed.

Anyway, there's no new chapter next week, so enjoy the early Christmas present of Neji's death, I guess.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I don't know if Obito will use Rinne Tensei to pull a Nagato, but I think it's likely that he'll end up using it on someone. Just not sure who.

It's kind of sad that Neji died before Hiashi (I wonder how Hiashi feels now). Also, since it was originally Neji's "destiny" to protect the main branch, it's ironic that he "chose" his death by dying for Hinata (similar to what his father did actually). It's all so poetic haha.
    Last edited by Kamex; 19th December 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting Nagato vibes from Obito now. He'll turn against Madara at the end and use Rinne Tensei on everyone he killed.

Anyway, there's no new chapter next week, so enjoy the early Christmas present of Neji's death, I guess.
    We could get the chapter early actually:
    Since this will most likely come up over and over I'll get this out of the way...
    We do not know exactly when the next chapter will be here.

Chapter 614 is on a double issue 4/5, so naturally you'd assume a week break.
    But since it's over a holiday, the next issue, 6/7 will most likely ship early as it's slated for a Friday 1/4 shelf date.
    So the next chapter could be as early as next week.
    But keep in mind, the earlier the next chapter comes, the longer the break after issue 6/7 is. So getting 615 early is not necessary a good thing.

Chapter 615 (issue 6/7) could come anywhere between 12/25~1/2, my bet is probably around 12/27~29, a week before the shelf date.
    Chapter 616 (issue 8 assuming there's no break announced in the previous issue) should be the normal time, 1/15-16)
    http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=887463
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Eh, its a start, but a lot more of the konoha need to go before you can start taking the war seriously. Plus it doesn't make up for how cruddy the rest of the war has been.
    ----------------------------------

He had a flashback... Maybe neji is dead? If he's brought back I won't be surprised. Kishi is a ****ing moron and will bring back the dead some way or another.

Oh yeah, I forgot that we usually get an early chapter during the holidays. They're usually really suspenseful cliffhangers too; in 2008 it was Naruto's arrival in Konoha after Pain's attack and in 2009 it was Itachi appearing during Sasuke and Danzo's fight. Maybe the Juubi will change form again or better yet, we'll switch over to Sasuke and Orochimaru.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    Eh, its a start, but a lot more of the konoha need to go before you can start taking the war seriously. Plus it doesn't make up for how cruddy the rest of the war has been.
    You don't need a bunch of named characters dead to take a war seriously, I've been taking this war seriously from the start(And haven't seen it as "cruddy"). Killing off too many named characters would do more harm then anything, it's war so they aren't going to get fleshed out deaths(People are already complaining about Neji's and even Shikaku's and the other's deaths, of course people would complain if Kishi took time to flesh out their deaths anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by waffle_x_v View Post
    He had a flashback... Maybe neji is dead? If he's brought back I won't be surprised. Kishi is a ****ing moron and will bring back the dead some way or another.
    Not "maybe", he is dead. The seal going away only happens when a Hyuga with it dies so the Byakugan doesn't get stolen.

Also, Kishi could bring him and whoever back(Doesn't make him a "moron"), but he can easily leave them dead.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 20th December 2012 at 1:30 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Actualy people in wars tend to just "die" rather then do something amazing. So by doing it like this it actualy showed a bit of real war. And more realistic.
    I'm perfectly fine with how Neji died, I just wanted him (and several other named characters) to have more screen time in the war. Which should have happened until Kishi decided to skip over 60% of the battles.

Page 850 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 750800840846847848849850851852853854860900950 ... LastLast