Page 888 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 788838878884885886887888889890891892898938988 ... LastLast
Results 22,176 to 22,200 of 27135

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    I did not see that coming. I can admire that Kishi is at least trying to give us a plot twist, and that he's finally going to give Sakura some attention (hopefully). Honestly, I expect Sasuke to end up becoming the Hokage now, and Naruto will become a second Sage of Six Paths. Also what the hell is up with Minato having Rikudou mode? I mean, it's cool and all, but how is that justifiable?
    Part of Kurama's Chakra was sealed inside Minato as well. He gave half to Naruto and kept the other half. How he can just go into the Chakra mode, I'll never know. I guess he was training in the shinigami's stomach. Anyway, the only crimes I can think of that Konoha can look at are kidnapping Bee (kind of), attacking the Kage summit and killing Danzo, and killing some samurai. The last one is debatable. On the flip side, Sasuke is also known for killing Itachi (they don't know he didn't), Deidara, and Orochimaru. It comes down to if they think all that makes up for it.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Unfortunately it seems like he doesn't.
    Based on what? Sasuke's sporadic change in character, that's about all I see wrong so far. Even then though, he's still not gonna be Hokage
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I could have sworn they named him 6th Hokage. I know he pulled that crap at the summit to stay Hokage, because if Tsunade woke up he'd lose the title, but he had nearly all authority of a regular Hokage. All he didn't have was the stone carving on Konoha's mountain. He was still a important figure in Konoha regardless, even if his tactics were shady.
    He was "named" 6th Hokage, but he didn't actually have the job yet. Only after the jounin's vote would he have actually been the Hokage, regardless of whether Tsunade woke up or not. An important criminal more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    He's ruining Naruto's dream... how does that mean redemption?
    He's not ruining Naruto's dream. The entire reason Naruto wanted to become Hokage is simply because he wanted to be acknowledged by everyone, which he now has gained without it.

Attacking another nation for it's Jinjuriki, for awhile anyway. Attacking the Kage meeting and killing likely a dozen Samurai. Making the claim that he would destroy the Leaf and everyone within it... Just to name a few more

So him saying "Let bygones be bygones" is both arrogant and just shows he has no remorse
    Attacking Kirabi became moot when Kirabi was revived alive, the atatck on the summit was blamed on Obito's manipulation, and his previous desires toward Konoha is only known to the rest of Team Seven.

Except that's the key theme, forgetting what had previously did to end the cycle of hatred. Nagato did far worst then Sasuke and got forgiven. the entire Alliance forgave their past of killing each other.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Attacking Kirabi became moot when Kirabi was revived alive, the atatck on the summit was blamed on Obito's manipulation, and his previous desires toward Konoha is only known to the rest of Team Seven.

Except that's the key theme, forgetting what had previously did to end the cycle of hatred. Nagato did far worst then Sasuke and got forgiven. the entire Alliance forgave their past of killing each other.
    So if a man was told to kill a family...he would be in the right because the person manipulated him? I'm sorry, but how does that makes any sense... So Sasuke wasn't the one to kill these people, but Obito because of his "supposed manipulation"? And just because Bee was alive and well does not negate that he invaded and attack it's Jinjuriki, which is like saying Hinata's kidnappers were okay because they didn't get that far :P Your trying to support an utterly flawed character who has done many things that are sinful. And Pain was not forgiven, Naruto made it clear that he still hated what he did, but wasn't going to kill him. The fact he was nicer the second time around was because Pain (Nagato) actually made the sacrifice to revive everyone who was killed, something Sasuke cannot do. He should not be easily redeemed for his actions, especially because he's forcing them
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    He was "named" 6th Hokage, but he didn't actually have the job yet. Only after the jounin's vote would he have actually been the Hokage, regardless of whether Tsunade woke up or not. An important criminal more like it.
    He was never actually sworn in as Hokage though, he was just the 6th Hokage Candidate. Kakashi was just about to be sworn in as the 6th after the Summit, but Tsunade was revealed to have woken up by then. So no Danzo technically was never officially 6th Hokage, rather he was just the current acting Hokage in Tsunade's absence.

So if a man was told to kill a family...he would be in the right because the person manipulated him? I'm sorry, but how does that makes any sense... So Sasuke wasn't the one to kill these people, but Obito because of his "supposed manipulation"? And just because Bee was alive and well does not negate that he invaded and attack it's Jinjuriki, which is like saying Hinata's kidnappers were okay because they didn't get that far :P Your trying to support an utterly flawed character who has done many things that are sinful. And Pain was not forgiven, Naruto made it clear that he still hated what he did, but wasn't going to kill him. The fact he was nicer the second time around was because Pain (Nagato) actually made the sacrifice to revive everyone who was killed, something Sasuke cannot do. He should not be easily redeemed for his actions, especially because he's forcing them
    Yeah I don't agree with it anymore than you, but he's right, that's how this manga works. Itachi should have payed for his crimes too (and in a sense he did, with his illness), but was still looked at as one of the greatest heroes and biggest influences in the story now.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    I did not see that coming. I can admire that Kishi is at least trying to give us a plot twist, and that he's finally going to give Sakura some attention (hopefully). Honestly, I expect Sasuke to end up becoming the Hokage now, and Naruto will become a second Sage of Six Paths. Also what the hell is up with Minato having Rikudou mode? I mean, it's cool and all, but how is that justifiable?
    Or we could have another time-skip where the Five Nations have decided to join together permanently in order to recover from the war, and while Sasuke becomes the Hokage, Naruto becomes the Grand Kage of the 5 nations (In brief, the boss of bosses).

This chapter was..Bizarre..

Team 7 reunion...With hardly any real emotion whatsoever??? Seriously, Sauce just waltzes in like nothing has happened in the last 3 years. Not a lick of remorse for what he's done to his friends, and he barely even acknowledges their presence to begin with. We've had chapters on end going on about how great this bond is supposed to be, and how the separation really hurts Naruto & Sakura, but when we finally see them back together it's just...Dull.This moment should've been handled with far more delicacy for all the hype that surrounds the plot point. Shoving it into the heat of the last battle like this just makes it look rushed.

As if that weren't enough, Minato goes KCM, Sasuke thinks he can actually be Hokage, and Sakura's just now getting her Sannin brand power up at the 11th hour.

As someone who actually enjoyed a decent amount of the war, this is the first chapter where I've actually found myself laughing at everything going on..It's like some kind of bad joke to me.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    This chapter was..Bizarre..

Team 7 reunion...With hardly any real emotion whatsoever??? Seriously, Sauce just waltzes in like nothing has happened in the last 3 years. Not a lick of remorse for what he's done to his friends, and he barely even acknowledges their presence to begin with. We've had chapters on end going on about how great this bond is supposed to be, and how the separation really hurts Naruto & Sakura, but when we finally see them back together it's just...Dull.This moment should've been handled with far more delicacy for all the hype that surrounds the plot point. Shoving it into the heat of the last battle like this just makes it look rushed.

As if that weren't enough, Minato goes KCM, Sasuke thinks he can actually be Hokage, and Sakura's just now getting her Sannin brand power up at the 11th hour.

As someone who actually enjoyed a decent amount of the war, this is the first chapter where I've actually found myself laughing at everything going on..It's like some kind of bad joke to me.
    This. This in its entirety.

I suppose that in the heat of war, them being shinobi they must kill their emotions until they are out of danger. I can see Sasuke's motive after hearing Hashirama's story, but I agree that it should've been handled more delicately. Sasuke's passiveness towards Naruto and Sakura also ticked me off quite a bit.

However, we can still hope that they will be more in-depth with things that happen during the war in the animé.

Also, Minato can enter Bijuu mode because he has half of the Kyuubi's chakra. Remember that it was too much to seal all of the Kyuubi's chakra into Naruto? I'm sure he could have done it, but remember that Minato was weakened from his fight with Obito and he probably used a lot of chakra to prevent that one Tailed Beast Bomb from obliterating the village.
    Last edited by Noheart; 23rd May 2013 at 4:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post
    This. This in its entirety.

I suppose that in the heat of war, them being shinobi they must kill their emotions until they are out of danger. I can see Sasuke's motive after hearing Hashirama's story, but I agree that it should've been handled more delicately. Sasuke's passiveness towards Naruto and Sakura also ticked me off quite a bit.
    That's been Sasuke's schtick this entire series. He was just as passive to them when he saw them at Orochimaru's hideout. He was even more passive when he blew through one of Naruto's clones on his way to Itachi. Sasuke hardly showed emotion during the series and NOW people have a problem with it?

It's kind of hard to show emotion when you need to focus on not dying just about every second of the next few moments. Of course Sasuke doesn't show any emotion because, well, that's his character. And I don't get why people keep saying, "...after all he's done to them." The only thing Sasuke has done to them was attempt to kill Sakura, which people seem to forget was in self defense. If anything, Naruto should be the one apologizing. He tried to force Sasuke to go back to Konoha when Sasuke told him that he wanted to leave. As for the separation hurting them, I never really saw any of that aside from the one time Kakashi mentioned Sasuke right after they met up again. After that it became a driving force for them to get stronger and such.

While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Sasuke was a rogue ninja going to join Orochimaru, one of Konoha's top enemies, of course Naruto was forced to bring him back. Even if they were not friends he would have been ordered by the Konoha ninjas to go after him anyway. I doubt Neji, Choji, and Kiba went after him because there best friends with Sasuke, and Shikamaru flat out said he and Sasuke aren't friends.

Anyway, I have problem with Sasuke not being all "I'm sorry everyone" because that is his character, and it's because of that character he would make a lousy Hokage. This will make for a interesting story once this horrible war arc ends, hopefully soon. They could extend this to a part 3 of Naruto or simply have Naruto and Sasuke fight for the title, because obviously these two are the current strongest ninjas alive not counting zombies, and Tsunade could already be dead so the door opens...poor Tsunade. But I am curious on who would side with Sasuke over Naruto. All of Sasuke's actions have been for his own personal gain, while Naruto has defend the lives of his village, and saved other nations kages aka Gaara, and most of the Gokage have put faith and trust in him. While Raikage wants Sasuke's head mounted on his wall. So if nothing else this will be a somewhat interesting story.

Also I'll laugh if Sakura's real power is just Tsunade's forehead power thingy, which I can't remember what it does, it's been to long. Ino can even make a remark on how Sakura's giant forehead comes in handy XD Maybe she'll bring back Inner Sakura and pummel Madara with it. I miss Inner Sakura.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 23rd May 2013 at 5:53 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Anyway, I have problem with Sasuke not being all "I'm sorry everyone" because that is his character, and it's because of that character he would make a lousy Hokage. This will make for a interesting story once this horrible war arc ends, hopefully soon. They could extend this to a part 3 of Naruto or simply have Naruto and Sasuke fight for the title, because obviously these two are the current strongest ninjas alive not counting zombies, and Tsunade could already be dead so the door opens...poor Tsunade. But I am curious on who would side with Sasuke over Naruto. All of Sasuke's actions have been for his own personal gain, while Naruto has defend the lives of his village, and saved other nations kages aka Gaara, and most of the Gokage have put faith and trust in him. While Raikage wants Sasuke's head mounted on his wall. So if nothing else this will be a somewhat interesting story.
    It's funny because his own personal gain ended up helping Konoha in the long run. He dispatched both Itachi and Deidara (even though they essentially tied). While he did get rid of Orochimaru too, he brought him back so that kind of doesn't count. XD I know Sasuke wouldn't make a good Hokage nor would Naruto because at the moment they both lack certain leadership qualities.

Also I'll laugh if Sakura's real power is just Tsunade's forehead power thingy, which I can't remember what it does, it's been to long. Ino can even make a remark on how Sakura's giant forehead comes in handy XD Maybe she'll bring back Inner Sakura and pummel Madara with it. I miss Inner Sakura.
    This is where we'll see Slug Sage Mode. Tsunade secretly taught it to her during the timeskip and told her she had to wait at least a two years to use it. Time to step up to the plate Sakura.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    That's been Sasuke's schtick this entire series. He was just as passive to them when he saw them at Orochimaru's hideout. He was even more passive when he blew through one of Naruto's clones on his way to Itachi. Sasuke hardly showed emotion during the series and NOW people have a problem with it?
    More or less :T This is supposed to be the Team 7 Reunion. Years worth of hype and tears were spent on the idea that they would laugh together again as friends. And that Sasuke would be changed for the better by their bond. It should rightfully be an emotional moment, at least to some degree :/

It's kind of hard to show emotion when you need to focus on not dying just about every second of the next few moments. Of course Sasuke doesn't show any emotion because, well, that's his character.
    Precisely, so again, Kishi shouldn't have placed this long awaited reunion scene in the middle of a big fight. It could've been developed more smoothly. This is less about the characters themselves and more about his decisions as the writer.

And I don't get why people keep saying, "...after all he's done to them." The only thing Sasuke has done to them was attempt to kill Sakura, which people seem to forget was in self defense. If anything, Naruto should be the one apologizing. He tried to force Sasuke to go back to Konoha when Sasuke told him that he wanted to leave.
    They're all at fault, really. But it was Sasuke who started all of the team drama by becoming a rogue nin. And he's tried to harm them on more than just one ocassion. His clashes with Naruto, and the first meeting in part 2 are examples as well.

As for the separation hurting them, I never really saw any of that aside from the one time Kakashi mentioned Sasuke right after they met up again. After that it became a driving force for them to get stronger and such.
    Really? The Sasuke Retrieval Arc, Sasuke & Sai Arc, & Gokage Summit Arc all dealt with Team 7's drama. Might be another I'm forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noheart View Post

However, we can still hope that they will be more in-depth with things that happen during the war in the animé.
    They do tend to pull through for the major arcs, so I could look forward to that.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 23rd May 2013 at 6:52 PM.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    It's funny because his own personal gain ended up helping Konoha in the long run. He dispatched both Itachi and Deidara (even though they essentially tied). While he did get rid of Orochimaru too, he brought him back so that kind of doesn't count. XD I know Sasuke wouldn't make a good Hokage nor would Naruto because at the moment they both lack certain leadership qualities.

This is where we'll see Slug Sage Mode. Tsunade secretly taught it to her during the timeskip and told her she had to wait at least a two years to use it. Time to step up to the plate Sakura.
    I would put Naruto above Sasuke in terms of Hokage, but neither are ready yet. Just being strong isn't enough, you have to be a good leader. Naruto's weakness is he tries to do everything himself all the time, and doesn't take advantage of his friends who want to help him. Sure they can be a burden at times like with Hinata vs Pain, but if she hadn't got stabbed, Naruto would have entered rage mode and freed himself. Sasuke at this point isn't trustyworthy and probably never will have Konoha's full trust. His goals always change from wanting to kill his brother to wanting to kill everyone in Konoha, to now wanting to be Hokage. Next month he might want to join the circus because he learns from Madara that was the Uchiha's real purpose. That of course isn't true but...and also he's a lousy leader. Karin gets taken hostage and he nearly kills her to kill Danzo. Power of plot keeps Karin alive, but it's still not a good leadership quality. True a real ninja would have done that outside the world of Naruto, but these are Naruto world ninjas XD

As for Sakura's Slug Mode. I laughed and scoffed at the idea but if it makes Sakura relevant so be it. I will always find it hard to believe that Sakura is anywhere near as powerful as Naruto and Sasuke, or even in the same neighborhood as them, but we'll see. It's a shame there was no build up for Sakura's real power. It's literally just coming out of nowhere.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Empoleon View Post
    More or less :T This is supposed to be the Team 7 Reunion. Years worth of hype and tears were spent on the idea that they would laugh together again as friends.
    Sasuke laugh? Who do you think he is?

Really? The Sasuke Retrieval Arc, Sasuke & Sai Arc, & Gokage Summit Arc all dealt with Team 7's drama. Might be another I'm forgetting.
    What I had meant was that Naruto never really showed him being extremely depressed that Sasuke wasn't around. Sure, those arcs showed that Naruto and Sakura still wanted him to come back, but the fact that they were apart didn't severely hurt them.

Wow, Sasuke wants to be Hokage now? Why?

I expect Naruto and Sasuke to end up sharing the title. It doesn't make sense, but neither does most of this manga anymore.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I'm sure Naruto's talk no talk no talk no jutsu will make everyone forgive Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I'm sure Naruto's talk no talk no talk no jutsu will make everyone forgive Sasuke.
    Until the Raikage comes around and tries to chop his head off again.

There's so much to talk about this week... Gods, I just want Sakura to shine, please! Give her Tsunade's Yin-Yang seal or an imperfect form of the Slug Sage mode, but give her something! She needs to shine. It's now or never. I need to re-read this. Again and again. I don't care what anyone says; BEST CHAPTER we've been thrown, hands down. For the time being.

And Minato with the Kyuubi mode? We get it. He still has half of its chakra but it's bizarre at the very least. And where's Orochimaru? What will happen with Kabuto now? So much questions; so little time...
    Last edited by SharpedoX; 23rd May 2013 at 7:31 PM.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    And Minato with the Kyuubi mode? We get it. He still has half of its chakra but it's bizarre at the very least. And where's Orochimaru? What will happen with Kabuto now? So much questions; so little time...
    I'm surprised Minato didn't give Naruto the other half of Kurama's chakra. That would've made him stronger and he is the "chosen one" after all. I think Orochimaru stayed behind to find the Gokage. Karin probably sensed them and Orochimaru decided to help them or something.

Wow, you guys don't seem like you grasp this chapter well.

You're supposed to act like Naruto, Sakura and the other five when Sasuke announces that he wants to be Hokage. It's so ridiculous that it's not possible. Even Kiba thinks he's telling a joke. He doesn't think becoming Hokage will fix his public image or anything because he doesn't care about what people think. All he wants is to get peace in his own way.

This isn't a sporadic change in character because he's clearly changed for the better recently and because he wants the job in his won selfish way.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I'm having a funny feeling that next issue Sasuke is going stab Naruto in the back, it just looks too good to be true.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

First off, that example doesn't really work here. Sasuke didn't go to the summit to fight, he was set up by Obito and Zetsu, and put in a position where he would have to fight. His goal was simply to discover what Danzo looked like and then wait til afterward to eliminate him. Secondly, I'm not the one claiming it. Gaara and later Kakashi were the ones who considered Sasuke was being manipulated by Obito. Third, simply attacking another ninja is a far less crime then killing them would be. Karui attacked Naruto, the Kages and their guards nearly attacked each other, various Allied ninjas were attacking each other before Gaara's speech. Sasuke attacking Kirabi may not have been ok, but it's not some unforgivable act from all that we've seen. And fourth, what many things? 1) Leaving Konoha for Orochimaru, 2) Attacking his former teammates, 3) Joining Akatsuki, 4) Attacking Kirabi, and 5) Attacking the summit. The first two were excused by Tsunade early on, the third shouldn't matter due to the Kages also making use of Akatsuki, and the last two are bad but not inexcusable. Exactly what has he done that doesn't allow him to be redeemed? Especially when you factor in all his good acts like eliminating two missingnins, helping end Edo Tensei, and having the Edo Hokages revived which lead to the entire Alliance being saved. Not sure how he's forcing anybody.

Naruto made his intentions clear to Inoichi and co, and he forgave Nagato before he knew Nagato could revive everyone. Maybe a better example would be Gaara?
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    I'm having a funny feeling that next issue Sasuke is going stab Naruto in the back, it just looks too good to be true.
    I doubt it at this point. Sasuke really seemed to have a change of heart, although obviously he still needs to prove himself. His desire to become Hokage is just going to add fuel to the flames and will only make him more hated though. I have no idea why he thinks that the village would want him as their leader given his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    Sasuke isn't the type of person that would do that. It's either side with Naruto or become trapped in the Infinite Tsukuyomi.

I just noticed that Sasuke in the current OP is showed with the other kage. Now that seems kinda like foreshadowing his decision this chapter.

Page 888 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 788838878884885886887888889890891892898938988 ... LastLast