Page 981 of 1032 FirstFirst ... 8819319719779789799809819829839849859911031 ... LastLast
Results 24,501 to 24,525 of 25781

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Even if we got another Chunin Exam and Naruto and Sasuke are in it, it would just boil down to these two anyway. They are Gokage level fighters. The Chunin Exam would be a waste of their time. If anyone needs proof about Naruto's powers all they need to do is look who's saving the entire shinobi alliance with his Kyuubi Cloak, LOL.
    I agree. Those two are just too powerful and it would make the tournament predictable. It would be a waste of time especially since I doubt anyone would even compete against them; Konoha will probably have an alliance with the other major villages after the war anyway. They just need to fight over the Hokage title and then the manga can end.

I can say that the reletionship between Ino and Sakura is very strong after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I can't see her and Sakura getting along. I mean they both like Sasuke so that would probably make them rivals. And although I like Ino, she just hasn't interacted with Sakura the same as she did in Part 2 which is why I don't particularly care about her character interactions with other female characters anymore. I merely appreciate her skills.
    Um... I think Sakura is getting over the whole "Sasuke thing" she's matured and she's spending more time with naruto and she is properly falling in love with him so there is no place to her heart for sasuke I think lol. They're in the middle of a war so I don't think any of them are really thinking about relationships at this point. As for Ino and Sakura's interaction, it kinda reduced in shippuden and most of the villagers didn't interact as much, it's because of the war arc which has been going for so long now. That's why I'm hoping for part 3 arc to build the characters interaction again, just like the old days.
    Last edited by besho; 10th March 2014 at 8:55 AM.

Sakura still loves Sasuke. During the war some random fodder shinobi hit on her, while he was getting treated, and she said she already had someone. She thought of Sasuke when she said that. I have no clue why she still loves Sasuke but she does. As far as Sakura and Ino interacting goes, Ino isn't a huge Sasuke groupie anymore. She spends most of her time with her teammates. She and Sakura only had one time to hang out and during the rest of her appearances she chooses to hang with her teammates instead. I'm not exactly eager to see Sakura and Ino interacting as it will probably lead to boys and then Sasuke. The more Ino stays away from that the better the character is IMO. I was always bothered by what broke Sakura and Ino up as friends. If they let some random emo jerk get between their friendship, which was really sweet, then I guess they aren't the best friends Kishi made them out to be during that flashback. Ino works better not being a Sasuke groupie, and while she still has Sasuke moments, they have greatly been reduced. I would hate to see her return to that.

Edit: I'd only want them to see them interact if their relationship evolved beyond talking about boys/love/Sasuke. Talk about how Ino misses Asuma and have Sakura be a true friend and console her.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 10th March 2014 at 3:25 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

^ I disagree. Their friendship was more than just "rivalry over Sasuke" The thing is, at the root of rivalry, it’s not just about Sasuke. Sasuke’s love was very much a name to the face. Even during the chuunin exams, Sakura only superficially mentioned beating Ino for Sasuke, what she really wanted to do was fight Ino on fair grounds.

Ino really cares for Sakura, and Sakura really appreciates what Ino did. Sakura gained some much needed self confidence from Ino. In the end, it wasn’t about Sasuke, but Sakura wanting to surpass Ino as a goal, and to do that she needed to get out of her shadow, on the other hand Ino, has no intention of losing to her either. The two of them definitly have a bond and that is shown by how they were once childhood friends and still have friendship feelings.

As for SakuraxSasuke, I don't know, it's hard to tell, nothing is canon yet, but if she still likes him after all he's done, I think it's degrading her character tbh.

------------------------------------

Anyways, let's get back to the topic lol
    Last edited by besho; 10th March 2014 at 7:32 PM.

Sakura loves Sasuke which is why I think the end of the manga will show her married to him or something similar. I doubt she would drop her crush on him; after all she's been obsessed with him since before they officially became team members. I don't care much for the romance aspect of the manga, but Sakura and Sasuke seem like a confirmed future couple to me.

Sakura loves Sasuke which is why I think the end of the manga will show her married to him or something similar. I doubt she would drop her crush on him; after all she's been obsessed with him since before they officially became team members. I don't care much for the romance aspect of the manga, but Sakura and Sasuke seem like a confirmed future couple to me.
    At least she's not as bad as Karin. I still think her Sasuke crush weighs her down as a character. Especially to more of the hardcore Naruto fans out there. After having Sasuke nearly kill her two times in the span of what five minutes, I cannot imagine why on earth she'd still love this guy. They didn't have that strong of a friendship when he was a good guy either. The only time Sasuke ever seemed to care for Sakura was during that time when they were fighting Gaara during his crazy transformation. Sasuke expressed he would never let his teammates die, channeling his inner Kakashi. Wow! That was Sasuke at his best, attitude-wise.

At least she's not as bad as Karin. I still think her Sasuke crush weighs her down as a character. Especially to more of the hardcore Naruto fans out there. After having Sasuke nearly kill her two times in the span of what five minutes, I cannot imagine why on earth she'd still love this guy. They didn't have that strong of a friendship when he was a good guy either. The only time Sasuke ever seemed to care for Sakura was during that time when they were fighting Gaara during his crazy transformation. Sasuke expressed he would never let his teammates die, channeling his inner Kakashi. Wow! That was Sasuke at his best, attitude-wise.
    He also helped get Sakura's confidence up before the Chunin Exam started iirc. My favorite Sasuke moment overall was when he apologized to Sakura right before he left Konoha and left her unconscious. It seemed like he really did feel guilty for causing her pain at least. I'm not sure if he loves her back, but he saw her as a friend in Part 1 imo.

He also helped get Sakura's confidence up before the Chunin Exam started iirc. My favorite Sasuke moment overall was when he apologized to Sakura right before he left Konoha and left her unconscious. It seemed like he really did feel guilty for causing her pain at least. I'm not sure if he loves her back, but he saw her as a friend in Part 1 imo.
    Strange. I don't recall the Sasuke getting Sakura's confidence up. Are you talking about that genjutsu floor trick from those teachers? I don't really have any favorite Sasuke/Sakura moments. They are so rarely positive. Whatever he felt for her in part 1, didn't translate at all into part 2. But I do have several Naruto and Sasuke moments. My favorite is probably they're final talk at the end of part 1 before they fight.

Strange. I don't recall the Sasuke getting Sakura's confidence up. Are you talking about that genjutsu floor trick from those teachers? I don't really have any favorite Sasuke/Sakura moments. They are so rarely positive. Whatever he felt for her in part 1, didn't translate at all into part 2. But I do have several Naruto and Sasuke moments. My favorite is probably they're final talk at the end of part 1 before they fight.
    Yeah that genjutsu trick thing is what I meant. I thought it was nice of him to help Sakura become more confident in her abilities, although maybe he only did that since he was the reason that she felt so bad about her skills given that he told her off about improving her jutsu before that point.

Yeah that genjutsu trick thing is what I meant. I thought it was nice of him to help Sakura become more confident in her abilities, although maybe he only did that since he was the reason that she felt so bad about her skills given that he told her off about improving her jutsu before that point.
    Well, he was kinda right to do so. Especially when you had Sakura acting superior to Naruto half the time for no reason at all. Granted Sasuke was a jerk the way he did it, but he wasn't totally wrong. I always wondered if Naruto had caught on to that genjutsu room trick, LOL.

Sasuke acknowledged Sakura in the latest chapters. Sasuke smirked, impressed by Sakura's hidden strength, I think it's cute.

Spoiler:- The Look of Confidence:
    Say what you will, Sakura is suspicious of Sasuke's true motives
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Well, he was kinda right to do so. Especially when you had Sakura acting superior to Naruto half the time for no reason at all. Granted Sasuke was a jerk the way he did it, but he wasn't totally wrong. I always wondered if Naruto had caught on to that genjutsu room trick, LOL.
    Well he did have a right to criticize her for being a bit of a hypocrite, but I still thought it was rude of him to say that so bluntly to her. I wish she had taken his advice and trained harder, but she's never trained on-screen iirc.

I never remember Sasuke giving Sakura confedence before. I thought Naruto was the one to give her confedence during the Chunini Exams. And I remember that Sakura have been thinking more about Naruto at that time after Sasuke last and only fight that he won.

Naruto have always been by her side, he encouraged her and made her stronger. The signs are there. I mutliship so, I'm a winner either way.
    Last edited by besho; 11th March 2014 at 9:05 AM.

Well he did have a right to criticize her for being a bit of a hypocrite, but I still thought it was rude of him to say that so bluntly to her. I wish she had taken his advice and trained harder, but she's never trained on-screen iirc.
    To be fair, nobody but Naruto ever trained on-screen. You just have to assume training happens. Or in Sasuke's case, his powers come when they are needed. Some characters might have benefited from on-screen or on-panel training.

Juugo being the source of the Cursed Seal was one thing, but his connection to Sage Mode just makes it feel like Kishi was trying to make him look important when in reality he's not. The Cursed Seal has had little to no impact in part 2 and it's not even powerful enough to be considered a threat anymore. Juugo was fodder to Killer Bee and A. Juugo saving Sasuke doesn't mean much. Everyone on Team Baka has saved him once. Nobody on Team Baka saved Sasuke more then Karin did. I will give credit to Karin. No matter how annoying she can get, Karin serves a pretty useful purpose on any team. Suigetsu is the only one who actually interest me, if only because I want to see the new generation of Seven Swordsmen. Karin is a Uzumaki with a fetish for Sasuke. Juugo is a mindless sheep with no purpose at all. Well I suppose Karin fits that bill as well, to a extent.
    Seem more like foreshadowing, which is nice to get compared to the usual random introduction. The Cursed Seal was pretty important early on, and it return to importance this current arc. To be fair, everyone was fodder for Kirabi and Ee. But Juugo saving him will potentially lead to his next power-up. Anyway, I would say that Juugo's current purpose has been explanatory, and probably the more cautious of the two loyal to Sasuke. .
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Naruto have always been by her side, he encouraged her and made her stronger. The signs are there. I mutliship so, I'm a winner either way.
    And yet Sakura is still obsessed with Sasuke. Even after he tried to kill her, she remained loyal to him and thought about him during the war like someone else pointed out. Karin is in the same boat, only her obsession with Sasuke has always been more unhealthy than Sakura's imo. At least Sakura knew Sasuke for a while whereas Karin just randomly met him during the Chunin Exam and fell in love with him.

Was awesome seeing Might Dai :P

I am ridiculously excited to see Evening Elephant.

It might just be the translation, but did they just say Gai can't use Nin/Gen/jutsu? I hope they just meant like, he can't use them YET because he's young...because if they actually did mean he physically can never use them...Kishi is forgetting himself...

Previously Iota

Wow.. what a wasted chapter, it's very slow-paced, too much flashbacks and boring.

I'm surprised we got a Guy flashback. I guess this means he's going to die? And it seems Guy was like Lee in that he couldn't do anything but Taijutsu. How interesting. How did he learn to summon? And how did he become a Jonin? And did his father really remain a Genin his whole life? So many questions I have right now. Anyway the chapter wasn't bad. Looks like Ebisu and Genma were on Guy's team back in his youth. I wonder who their Jonin teacher was? Yet another question I want answered. And the three of them faced off against the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist? Man, I would have loved to have seen that. And this Night Elephant attack. Hmm. We've seen Morning Peacock and the Afternoon Tiger. This Midnight Elephant attack must be his most impressive attack. I'm looking forward to it. Overall a decent chapter. I'd be lying if I said I did not enjoy Guy's backstory. Because I did.

Honestly though. It just makes me want a series based on Kakashi's generation in their youth even more. It looks like they all went through quite some battles and epic showdowns. I want a spinoff title so badly now. I don't even care about Naruto's generation anymore. Bring me Kakashi's generation. So many questions I want answered from their generation.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!

It just makes me want a series based on Kakashi's generation in their youth even more. It looks like they all went through quite some battles and epic showdowns. I want a spinoff title so badly now. I don't even care about Naruto's generation anymore. Bring me Kakashi's generation. So many questions I want answered from their generation.

RIN IS ALWAYS WATCHING YOU!
    Kakashi got tons of specials in the Anime, in the backstory arc "Kakashi Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops" if you haven't yet noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Kakashi got tons of specials in the Anime, in the backstory arc "Kakashi Shadow of the ANBU Black Ops" if you haven't yet noticed.
    No, I didn't notice. Because I don't watch the anime. If Kakashi is getting special's there it is obviously to fill time to give the manga space so they aren't right up on it. I still want a spinoff of previous generations in manga form when part 2 ends.

Sadly, I think this won't end well for Gai sensei.

Page 981 of 1032 FirstFirst ... 8819319719779789799809819829839849859911031 ... LastLast