Page 983 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 883933973979980981982983984985986987993 ... LastLast
Results 24,551 to 24,575 of 25325

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    To be fair, we haven't really seen him in an actual battle. Given that he's a jounin though, and is considered "average" in them, I would suspect that he knew some actual ninjutsu and taijutsu.
    Guy has been in "actual" battles. Most of them are against Kisame, but they are still battles. All of his moves are taijutsu based. I'm not saying he can't use ninjutsu or genjutsu. Kishi said that. I'm saying all the moves he's done so far have been taijutsu related. Obviously he can do more since he's Jonin, but in fights all he does is taijutsu. His signature moves are taijutsu.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

It would be nice if the upcoming fight shed some light on the "two other" taijutsu users Kisame claimed were better than Guy during their fight. Not that I expect to get any info, but it would be the perfect time to fill at least one plot hole.
    ----------------------------------

I still think Guy may survive opening the Eighth Gate. It's just hard for me to expect him to die given that Kishi has avoided killing protagonists in this war (minus Neji and the good Edo Tensei zombies). I don't have a death wishlist per se, but there are other characters that I'd rather see dead than Guy to be honest.

Probably Guy will die but then get revived alongside Neji ala 4th ninja war.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    It would be nice if the upcoming fight shed some light on the "two other" taijutsu users Kisame claimed were better than Guy during their fight. Not that I expect to get any info, but it would be the perfect time to fill at least one plot hole.
    Were they better then Guy? I recall Kisame mentioning two others who were gifted in taijutsu like Guy, but I don't remember him saying they were better then him. I can't imagine there being someone out there more powerful then Guy in taijutsu during this current time. Maybe A, possibly. But yeah, he did mention two other taijutsu masters. I wonder who they are or if they are even still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by sosvenezuela View Post
    Probably Guy will die but then get revived alongside Neji ala 4th ninja war.
    Well nobody has been revived during this war save for the Edo Tensei ninja if those even count. Given that Rinne Tensei is practically impossible for Obito to use now, the only person who could perform it is Madara or Sasuke if he does get the Rinnegan himself. I can't see them sacrificing themselves to revive the deceased ninja though. And any other resurrection jutsu would be a cheap plot device in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Guy has been in "actual" battles. Most of them are against Kisame, but they are still battles. All of his moves are taijutsu based. I'm not saying he can't use ninjutsu or genjutsu. Kishi said that. I'm saying all the moves he's done so far have been taijutsu related. Obviously he can do more since he's Jonin, but in fights all he does is taijutsu. His signature moves are taijutsu.
    Not really, not actual battles. The only extended fights Gai has had have been with Kisame twice and Obito, all pretty situational involving characters who were known to absorb chakra, along with other conditions. Kishi had him not very good at it as a child, that doesn't mean it's still the same as an adult, especially given that he managed to become a jounin which would have required being capable in more then just taijutsu. Heck, we can just look at Naruto to see an example of someone having problems as a child doesn't mean they would still have those same problems when older.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Not really, not actual battles. The only extended fights Gai has had have been with Kisame twice and Obito
    So you say he hasn't had actual battles, then list actual battles he's had? Lol

I'd actually say the fights with Kisame(both guy's and bee's) are the last actual battles the manga had. Everything since then has just been a cluster of awkard beginning and ending with random jutsu dispersed between. The manga's current fights seem to be more means to an end for story purposes, than actual entertainment.

But maybe I'm getting off the subject. Either way, I don't see this upcoming fight to last more than 10 pages(of straight fighting)

I didn't like any of Guy's fights to be honest. His first fight with Kisame in Part 2 ended up being disappointing given that it was a fake Kisame, then when they fought on the turtle island I thought Guy's achievement was overshadowed by the fact that Kisame wasn't really beaten and managed to pull off one last trick before dying. He did well against Obito for a while, but he's never been my favorite fighter. I like Kakashi more because at least he's gotten some accomplishments to brag about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I didn't like any of Guy's fights to be honest. His first fight with Kisame in Part 2 ended up being disappointing given that it was a fake Kisame, then when they fought on the turtle island I thought Guy's achievement was overshadowed by the fact that Kisame wasn't really beaten and managed to pull off one last trick before dying. He did well against Obito for a while, but he's never been my favorite fighter. I like Kakashi more because at least he's gotten some accomplishments to brag about.
    It's a little unfair to compare Kakashi and Guy's on-panel achievements. Kakashi is Naruto's sensei, so he's a more important character then Guy overall and gets shown more and is more involved in the story. Granted I am a big Kakashi fan, but Guy's done some pretty impressive things in the manga. He was the one who developed a tactic to deal with Itachi's early Sharingan. His taijutsu allowed him to defeat Kisame. Kisame was easily one of the strongest members of the Akatsuki. I'm still impressed Guy managed to stay relevant for this long in the manga where Naruto and Sasuke dominate everything. That alone is a achievement.

It's a little unfair to compare Kakashi and Guy's on-panel achievements. Kakashi is Naruto's sensei, so he's a more important character then Guy overall and gets shown more and is more involved in the story. Granted I am a big Kakashi fan, but Guy's done some pretty impressive things in the manga. He was the one who developed a tactic to deal with Itachi's early Sharingan. His taijutsu allowed him to defeat Kisame. Kisame was easily one of the strongest members of the Akatsuki. I'm still impressed Guy managed to stay relevant for this long in the manga where Naruto and Sasuke dominate everything. That alone is a achievement.
    I agree completely. It's too bad that despite all of the camera time Guy has gotten, he still has a completely flat personality.

To be fair, I don't think his character really fit the manga after it completely abandoned the comedy genre in part 2. Which is why I, and presumably everyone else expected Lee to be more of a focus..

His tactic against the Sharingan wasn't that impressive imo given that he had experience with it because of Kakashi. Also, I don't recall that tactic working out since Itachi and Kisame left before it could be implemented fully. It was still nice to see Guy come up with something useful, but it's not like he was able to beat the Akatsuki duo even with his Sharingan knowledge. And I didn't see Kisame as all-that powerful, especially since when he fought Guy before his death, he didn't have Samehada's loyalty and had to rely on his own jutsu to fight instead of merging with the sword.

I don't see a mass revival happening. That would demean Guy's awesome future death and with Obito reviving Naruto his main role in the story would be finished.
    The Disciple of the fifth Hokage!

His tactic against the Sharingan wasn't that impressive imo given that he had experience with it because of Kakashi. Also, I don't recall that tactic working out since Itachi and Kisame left before it could be implemented fully. It was still nice to see Guy come up with something useful, but it's not like he was able to beat the Akatsuki duo even with his Sharingan knowledge. And I didn't see Kisame as all-that powerful, especially since when he fought Guy before his death, he didn't have Samehada's loyalty and had to rely on his own jutsu to fight instead of merging with the sword.
    How can you not be impressed with that? So what if he gained it from experience from Kakashi? How does that make it any less impressive? Anything that can trump Sharingan is impressive. Regular Sharingan needs eye contact for it to work best. Hence why opponents like Guy and even Zabuza found ways around it to still fight. MS is different though. Guy didn't beat the Akatsuki duo because they fled. Itachi probably knew the only way he was going to beat Guy was spamming MS and he was not there to kill anyone so he and Kisame fled. Kisame was indeed powerful. If it wasn't for the fact that his sword has a mind of it's own, he'd make the Super Freak Club. And even though he wasn't fused to Samehada during his final fight with Guy, he could still use his most powerful attacks like the Shark Bomb jutsu, and he still used Samehada to absorb chakra from the others. Guy's taijutsu couldn't be absorbed, so he was Kisame's kyrptonite.

How can you not be impressed with that? So what if he gained it from experience from Kakashi? How does that make it any less impressive? Anything that can trump Sharingan is impressive. Regular Sharingan needs eye contact for it to work best. Hence why opponents like Guy and even Zabuza found ways around it to still fight. MS is different though. Guy didn't beat the Akatsuki duo because they fled. Itachi probably knew the only way he was going to beat Guy was spamming MS and he was not there to kill anyone so he and Kisame fled. Kisame was indeed powerful. If it wasn't for the fact that his sword has a mind of it's own, he'd make the Super Freak Club. And even though he wasn't fused to Samehada during his final fight with Guy, he could still use his most powerful attacks like the Shark Bomb jutsu, and he still used Samehada to absorb chakra from the others. Guy's taijutsu couldn't be absorbed, so he was Kisame's kyrptonite.
    I don't think Guy could've trumped Itachi's Sharingan for long though. Guy's experience with the regular Sharingan would've given him an edge at first I'll admit, but Itachi could place genjutsu on people without even making eye contact so even if Guy avoided looking into his eyes, he would've been beaten by Itachi's genjutsu imo.

I don't think Guy could've trumped Itachi's Sharingan for long though. Guy's experience with the regular Sharingan would've given him an edge at first I'll admit, but Itachi could place genjutsu on people without even making eye contact so even if Guy avoided looking into his eyes, he would've been beaten by Itachi's genjutsu imo.
    But it wouldn't be Sharingan genjutsu. And since Guy mastered fighting Sharingan by reading his opponents feet it would be hard to get him in genjutsu. Unless Itachi can release genjutsu from his feet. Sharingan genjutsu has to be done through the eyes, so regular Sharingan is off the table. Itachi would have to use MS to beat Guy. Regular Sharingan is beatable, MS is the overpowered hax.

But it wouldn't be Sharingan genjutsu. And since Guy mastered fighting Sharingan by reading his opponents feet it would be hard to get him in genjutsu. Unless Itachi can release genjutsu from his feet. Sharingan genjutsu has to be done through the eyes, so regular Sharingan is off the table. Itachi would have to use MS to beat Guy. Regular Sharingan is beatable, MS is the overpowered hax.
    Whether it would be Sharingan genjutsu or regular genjutsu, that should've been enough to beat Guy. Itachi was extremely skilled at genjutsu in general and I don't see what Guy could've done to avoid it. Itachi > Guy imo, even without using the Mangekyo Sharingan.

Whether it would be Sharingan genjutsu or regular genjutsu, that should've been enough to beat Guy. Itachi was extremely skilled at genjutsu in general and I don't see what Guy could've done to avoid it. Itachi > Guy imo, even without using the Mangekyo Sharingan.
    I beg to differ. Without MS Itachi has no defense against Morning Peacock and Afternoon Tiger. Guy would rip him to shreds without Mangekyou Sharingan. If Itachi used MS then yeah he'd beat Guy, probably easily with Susanoo. But without MS, what can Itachi do? He's most dangerous for using MS as his unbeatable genjutsu. Kakashi even acknowledged that regular genjutsu could be beat but because his is powered by MS it can't be. We know Guy can break Genjutsu. He broke Kabuto's during the Chunnin exam. Kurenai broke Itachi's regular genjutsu. So we know it's beatable.

I beg to differ. Without MS Itachi has no defense against Morning Peacock and Afternoon Tiger. Guy would rip him to shreds without Mangekyou Sharingan. If Itachi used MS then yeah he'd beat Guy, probably easily with Susanoo. But without MS, what can Itachi do? He's most dangerous for using MS as his unbeatable genjutsu. Kakashi even acknowledged that regular genjutsu could be beat but because his is powered by MS it can't be. We know Guy can break Genjutsu. He broke Kabuto's during the Chunnin exam. Kurenai broke Itachi's regular genjutsu. So we know it's beatable.
    Itachi's ninjutsu skills were practically unrivaled, so he could definitely counter Guy's taijutsu with that in my opinion. Maybe if Guy opened up all Eight Gates against him, Itachi might lose, but it would still be suicide and it wouldn't exactly make Guy look good by comparison if he had to use such hax to win. Itachi-sama would solo him in any other scenario imo.

Itachi's ninjutsu skills were practically unrivaled, so he could definitely counter Guy's taijutsu with that in my opinion. Maybe if Guy opened up all Eight Gates against him, Itachi might lose, but it would still be suicide and it wouldn't exactly make Guy look good by comparison if he had to use such hax to win. Itachi-sama would solo him in any other scenario imo.
    I'd agree if it was MS Itachi soloing Guy. I think MS Itachi could indeed beat Guy. As far as regular Sharingan Itachi beating Guy without any Mangekyou Sharingan powers one-on-one? IMO Guy takes it. Itachi's regular genjutsu aren't unbeatable unlike his MS ones, as far as his regular ninjutsu goes, what else can he do besides fireballs? He just seems to be a genjutsu spammer when he doesn't use Mangekyou. He has some skilled hand to hand combat for sure, but nothing Guy can't handle.

Quote Originally Posted by -Raiga- View Post
    So you say he hasn't had actual battles, then list actual battles he's had? Lol
    Those weren't actual battles though: The first time against the Kisame clone was mainly his students fighting with him coming in at the end, the second time was against a weakened Kisame avoiding a fight, and the third was mainly Kakashi and Naruto doing the work with Gai only using his nun-chucks. In the first two the fights ended after basically a single attack from Gai and the last really had nothing to do with him. So my point is that we have never gotten to see Gai in a fight where he actually had to show something more or was pushed to the edge.

It's like the deal with Itachi. We had no idea what Itachi could actually do when pushed until his battle with Sasuke and later Kabuto. Before that, all we had from him was clones and genjutsu basically, aside from his MS.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

as far as his regular ninjutsu goes, what else can he do besides fireballs?
    Itachi is proficient in Fire Release and Water Release; that's more than Guy can say. I doubt he could counter those jutsu, not even with the Morning Peacock or Afternoon Tiger.

Itachi is proficient in Fire Release and Water Release; that's more than Guy can say. I doubt he could counter those jutsu, not even with the Morning Peacock or Afternoon Tiger.
    If Guy can counter and defeat Kisame's water jutsu, then surely he can beat Itachi's. I believe he actually used Morning Peacock to beat water. Itachi's biggest strength is MS. Without it he can't even beat Kakashi.

My man Might Gai is going out like a CHAMP.

Seriously, you all catch the size of that crater? Madara looked so helpless too, lol. Nice teamwork from the others in this chapter too.

'Bout time Maddy was pushed into the caution zone. Even if he is still standing, Naruto & Sasuke will likely give him an even harder time than Gai since they'll be the ones to wrap up this fight.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 19th March 2014 at 7:49 AM.
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

Guy was impressive in the new chapter; the Evening Elephant was powerful and Madara seemed powerless. Too bad it's probably pointless since Madara will certainly make a comeback.

Page 983 of 1013 FirstFirst ... 883933973979980981982983984985986987993 ... LastLast