Page 988 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 8889389789849859869879889899909919929981038 ... LastLast
Results 24,676 to 24,700 of 26197

Thread: Naruto: Post Timeskip Discussion (Warning Intense Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    I hope Sasuke doesn't plan for something evil. I don't think he'll go good then bad then back good then once again bad. That'd be bad writing in all honestly. I think the curse of hatred has stopped with Sasuke and I'm glad. As much as I want a Naruto vs Sasuke battle, I don't see a serious one coming, maybe a friendly one.
    Sasuke's already a badly written character. The minute they threw away his quest to kill Konoha his character was ruined IMO. I personally don't want to see a friendly battle between Naruto and Sasuke. I only want to see it if Sasuke still wanted to destroy Konoha and was still a bad guy/anit-hero/rival. I don't even care if they fight over the Hokage seat. Both Naruto and Sasuke are beyond that title now. It would be a downgrade to be honest.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Sasuke's already a badly written character. The minute they threw away his quest to kill Konoha his character was ruined IMO. I personally don't want to see a friendly battle between Naruto and Sasuke. I only want to see it if Sasuke still wanted to destroy Konoha and was still a bad guy/anit-hero/rival. I don't even care if they fight over the Hokage seat. Both Naruto and Sasuke are beyond that title now. It would be a downgrade to be honest.
    Tbh I don't think Sasuke overall is a terrible character some of the writing decisions have been bad but overall he still has some potential left imo.

Imo Naruto and Sasuke will most likely just fight to see who is better fit to lead the world into a new era of peace. It seems inevitable honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Tbh I don't think Sasuke overall is a terrible character some of the writing decisions have been bad but overall he still has some potential left imo.

Imo Naruto and Sasuke will most likely just fight to see who is better fit to lead the world into a new era of peace. It seems inevitable honestly.
    Sasuke's not terrible, but I do think his main story arc got ruined by his sudden change of heart. Naruto vs Sasuke will never have the same impact it would have if they followed through on Sasuke being the new Madara/Hatred vs Naruto being Hashirama/Peace. It was literally a unstoppable force meeting a immovable object. Oh well. At least we won't have that cheesy thing about Naruto saying they'll die together. One of the dumbest lines in the Naruto series.

Sasuke's not terrible, but I do think his main story arc got ruined by his sudden change of heart. Naruto vs Sasuke will never have the same impact it would have if they followed through on Sasuke being the new Madara/Hatred vs Naruto being Hashirama/Peace. It was literally a unstoppable force meeting a immovable object. Oh well. At least we won't have that cheesy thing about Naruto saying they'll die together. One of the dumbest lines in the Naruto series.
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Though Sasuke as a villain is hard to take seriously considering how underpowered he was compared to Obito and Madara. I mean if he remained a villain he would've just ended up like Orochimaru. Tbh for me the whole Naruto vs. Sasuke angle kinda lost it's edge when they overpowered the heck out of Obito/Madara and dragged the war on for way too long and pretty much ruined the hype by portraying Naruto in a much better light then Sasuke before the latter's change of heart.

I guess I'm satisfied that the Byakugan was mentioned in the new chapter, but the dialogue was a bit much and I wasn't all-that interested in more exposition.

A pretty informative chapter. We got a great explanation on how the Infinite Tsukuyomi would work, and the Byakugan was brought into the doujutsu mix. Best of all though, was that we saw a glimpse of Gai still holding his own against Madara and doing well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderCage View Post
    I wonder what Sasuke told the sage as to his plans after the war is over.
    Fulfilling Itachi's desire.

I don't get that. It would make no sense for Sasuke to disregard Itachi's words when every flashback we got of them has had Sasuke basically hero-worshiping him. Sasuke's entire character has been about family, doing everything for his family, acting based on the past. The whole opposite of Naruto, who is creating a "family" and acting based on the future.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    A pretty informative chapter. We got a great explanation on how the Infinite Tsukuyomi would work, and the Byakugan was brought into the doujutsu mix. Best of all though, was that we saw a glimpse of Gai still holding his own against Madara and doing well enough.

Fulfilling Itachi's desire.

I don't get that. It would make no sense for Sasuke to disregard Itachi's words when every flashback we got of them has had Sasuke basically hero-worshiping him. Sasuke's entire character has been about family, doing everything for his family, acting based on the past. The whole opposite of Naruto, who is creating a "family" and acting based on the future.
    They still destroyed Sasuke's buildup, no matter what excuse is used. Sasuke was determined to destroy Konoha and have this legendary showdown with Naruto. That has gone out the window with Edo Tensei Itachi turning him good. Whatever they battle over now won't be as good as when they were building up Sasuke as this final opponent for Naruto. It just won't. Fighting over the Hokage seat is a joke in comparison. There's no steaks other then Naruto losing his dream, which he stopped talking about since part 2.

They still destroyed Sasuke's buildup, no matter what excuse is used. Sasuke was determined to destroy Konoha and have this legendary showdown with Naruto. That has gone out the window with Edo Tensei Itachi turning him good. Whatever they battle over now won't be as good as when they were building up Sasuke as this final opponent for Naruto. It just won't. Fighting over the Hokage seat is a joke in comparison. There's no steaks other then Naruto losing his dream, which he stopped talking about since part 2.
    To be honest I never expected Sasuke to destroy Konoha anyway, so his sudden 180, while lame, doesn't bother me as much. At least he and Naruto are still destined to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Though Sasuke as a villain is hard to take seriously considering how underpowered he was compared to Obito and Madara. I mean if he remained a villain he would've just ended up like Orochimaru. Tbh for me the whole Naruto vs. Sasuke angle kinda lost it's edge when they overpowered the heck out of Obito/Madara and dragged the war on for way too long and pretty much ruined the hype by portraying Naruto in a much better light then Sasuke before the latter's change of heart.
    Honestly, what's killing the war arc for me is that it had a great set-up of the ninja being forced to fight against close friends or famed arch-rivals, but had to scrap that after Naruto showed up on the battlefield in favor of just watching stuff get blown up with super jutsus. Can you imagine what it would have been like if Killer Bee went against the 2nd Raikage while Oonoki was left alone to deal with his old master? What if more time was spent on exploring the real relationship between Gaara and his father rather than just giving us that half-arsed ending with Gaara's dad saying he never really hated him? I would've loved to see the Edo Mizukage duking it out with Naruto and Gaara together, but instead, we simply got only over-the-top displays of power and Rasen-Shuriken 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    To be honest I never expected Sasuke to destroy Konoha anyway, so his sudden 180, while lame, doesn't bother me as much. At least he and Naruto are still destined to fight.
    I didn't expect Sasuke to destroy Konoha either, but they were building him up to the point where he was going to at least try too. I would have liked to have seen Sasuke in that Orochimaru spot where he's trying to crush Konoha, even though we all know he would have failed. And again, I wanted to know if Naruto would have what it takes to kill Sasuke or not for the sake of the village. This would have made a great internal struggle story for Naruto. But it's all thrown out the window. Just like that potentially awesome corrupt Hokage story they could have done with Danzo. I'm still upset they didn't do a corrupt/evil storyline with Danzo. Now that would have been a grand follow up after the Pain arc and it could end with Konoha rebelling against the system, chase Danzo away and Sasuke can kill him later like he did in the main story. Just another dream of Platinum fan's that is just a dream.

I think I see what the problem is, you are still presuming that they're actually gonna have a fight after this. But that really doesn't seem likely given all that we've seen, especially with the recent chapters. I seriously doubt they will have a fight over the Hokage seat or anything else. If anything, Naruto would freely give up the seat to Sasuke, succeeding in doing what Hashirama had attempted with Madara. There really isn't any reason for Naruto to desire the Hokage title anymore, meaning he has no reason to oppose Sasuke having it. Naruto's mission is bigger then a single village at this point.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

I think I see what the problem is, you are still presuming that they're actually gonna have a fight after this. But that really doesn't seem likely given all that we've seen, especially with the recent chapters. I seriously doubt they will have a fight over the Hokage seat or anything else. If anything, Naruto would freely give up the seat to Sasuke, succeeding in doing what Hashirama had attempted with Madara. There really isn't any reason for Naruto to desire the Hokage title anymore, meaning he has no reason to oppose Sasuke having it. Naruto's mission is bigger then a single village at this point.
    Why would Naruto give up the Hokage title to Sasuke? Sasuke doesn't deserve to even be in picture of Hokage. He's a cold, unfeeling, jerk. Naruto might be naive but he is far more charismatic and likeable then Sasuke will ever be. Sasuke's liked for his Uchiha powers, or for shallow reasons. Naruto inspires others and is a all around good and trustworthy guy. All you have to do is manipulate Sasuke and he can turn on his loved ones. The Naruto series ending with Sasuke as Hokage would be a major low blow. Naruto is not going to be Jiraiya and travel around and leave Konoha. He loves it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Honestly, what's killing the war arc for me is that it had a great set-up of the ninja being forced to fight against close friends or famed arch-rivals, but had to scrap that after Naruto showed up on the battlefield in favor of just watching stuff get blown up with super jutsus.
    I agree that it was a problem. The war basically turned into another opportunity for Naruto to show off and it interrupted what little flow the war had going on in my opinion.

Agreed. Naruto only wanted to become the hokage so he could win the recognition and acknowledgement of Konoha. He already achieved that when he defeated Nagato so their really is no reason for him to want to become hokage. I think the series will end with Sasuke becoming Hokage and Naruto becoming a wandering ninja like Jiraiya.

Why would Naruto give up the Hokage title to Sasuke? Sasuke doesn't deserve to even be in picture of Hokage. He's a cold, unfeeling, jerk. Naruto might be naive but he is far more charismatic and likeable then Sasuke will ever be. Sasuke's liked for his Uchiha powers, or for shallow reasons. Naruto inspires others and is a all around good and trustworthy guy. All you have to do is manipulate Sasuke and he can turn on his loved ones. The Naruto series ending with Sasuke as Hokage would be a major low blow. Naruto is not going to be Jiraiya and travel around and leave Konoha. He loves it too much.
    Agreed with all of this to the dot: heck, Sasuke was willing to kill Karin and he himself killed Danzo just by being manipulated by Obito alone-- Sasuke is way too unstable and his entire attitude is so volatile that it's more risky than anything else letting him become Hokage. Naruto, on the other hand, would be excellent and has shown his loyalties will always lie with the village's safety.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Speaking of the Hokage..

Naruto should definitely be chosen as Hokage, it's what the show is all about. Isn't that common sense? :x
    It's just that it's Naruto's dream ever since he was a child. He worked SO much and so hard for it, to become stronger, to gain acceptance and respect, he saved people countless times, including the whole Village itself.

And what did Sasuke do? I doubt he even be accepted back into the village. I LOVE Sasuke, but he don't deserve that Hokage seat at all. I take the idea as a joke tbh.
    Last edited by besho; 4th April 2014 at 11:21 PM.
    OTP: NaruSaku,IchiRuki, NaLu, LuNa, EdWin, SatoKasu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Agreed with all of this to the dot: heck, Sasuke was willing to kill Karin and he himself killed Danzo just by being manipulated by Obito alone-- Sasuke is way too unstable and his entire attitude is so volatile that it's more risky than anything else letting him become Hokage. Naruto, on the other hand, would be excellent and has shown his loyalties will always lie with the village's safety.
    Agreed. Sasuke was bold to declare his desire to become Hokage after all that he's done to undermine the village. He's just a bad candidate for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by besho View Post
    Speaking of the Hokage..

Naruto should definitely be chosen as Hokage, it's what the show is all about. Isn't that common sense? :x
    It's just that it's Naruto's dream ever since he was a child. He worked SO much and so hard for it, to become stronger, to gain acceptance and respect, he saved people countless times, including the whole Village itself.

And what did Sasuke do? .. I LOVE Sasuke, but he don't deserve that Hokage seat at all. I take the idea as a joke tbh.
    It's not that I hate Sasuke, I actually like Sasuke when he's written in-character. It's just his character doesn't fit the Hokage role at all. He's everything a Hokage isn't for Konoha. Sasuke would basically be a Danzo treated Hokage. One that's never fully trusted. I just can't picture Sasuke as Hokage. He's never wanted the job in his life and his sudden interest in it is out of character and beyond forced. Even if Naruto doesn't end up Hokage (and that would be a crime if he never holds the title) Sasuke should never get it either. Sasuke shouldn't be anywhere near the Hokage scene until he puts some years into building trust between himself and Konoha. And even then, I still don't see it in his character.

Agreed. Sasuke was bold to declare his desire to become Hokage after all that he's done to undermine the village. He's just a bad candidate for the position.
    I completely agree-- he's not someone I'd trust in the position, to be honest.

I mean, I actually do like Sasuke's character, don't get me wrong: after having his clan massacred before his eyes, he seeks out vengeance against his brother Itachi only to learn that Konoha elders order him to wipe out the Uchiha clan and then eventually he breaks free of the Curse of Hatred plaguing his clan-- it's deep and moving, but obviously that doesn't mean I think Sasuke's right to be Hokage after all the terrible decisions he's made at present without taking a long path towards redemption at the very least.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It's not that I hate Sasuke, I actually like Sasuke when he's written in-character. It's just his character doesn't fit the Hokage role at all. He's everything a Hokage isn't for Konoha. Sasuke would basically be a Danzo treated Hokage. One that's never fully trusted. I just can't picture Sasuke as Hokage. He's never wanted the job in his life and his sudden interest in it is out of character and beyond forced. Even if Naruto doesn't end up Hokage (and that would be a crime if he never holds the title) Sasuke should never get it either. Sasuke shouldn't be anywhere near the Hokage scene until he puts some years into building trust between himself and Konoha. And even then, I still don't see it in his character.
    Yep, I agree with everything and I don't really find Sasuke a good or evil person, he's just pure.

Sasuke's desire to become Hokage is just Kishi's way of creating more conflict between him and Naruto in my opinion.

Sasuke's desire to become Hokage is just Kishi's way of creating more conflict between him and Naruto in my opinion.
    I agree-- I don't see much else guiding that decision on Kishimoto's part myself.

Sasuke's started getting jealous of Naruto yet again, too.

Any guess as to what Sasuke's power-up is going to be? Naruto's going to become SoSP v.4 and he'll need something relatively on par. The Rinnegan is still the most likely but I don't know if I see Hagoromo giving him those eyes if he's supposed to be purely Indra.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Any guess as to what Sasuke's power-up is going to be? Naruto's going to become SoSP v.4 and he'll need something relatively on par. The Rinnegan is still the most likely but I don't know if I see Hagoromo giving him those eyes if he's supposed to be purely Indra.
    Rinnegan...for Sasuke I mean. The minute Madara revealed it as a Uchiha upgrade I knew Sasuke was going to obtain it somehow. That was the whole point of making it a Uchiha upgrade. So Sasuke can gain future access to it. And now he's in a position to gain it. Once again Nagato is rolling in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    He has the Sharingan and he'll get the Rinnegan. Also, Hashirama gave Sasuke some chakra.
    Last edited by besho; 5th April 2014 at 2:28 AM.

Page 988 of 1048 FirstFirst ... 8889389789849859869879889899909919929981038 ... LastLast