Page 817 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 717767807813814815816817818819820821827867917 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,425 of 27175

Thread: Naruto: The end is here.

1. Default

Showing/making Tobi OBito feels like a cheap way of powering him down.

Now that he's been humanized, he feels more like he'd be on Kakashi or Guy's level.

Basically a cheap way of making his inevitable defeat more plausible/believable....

Quote Originally Posted by DucksGoMooful View Post
    Yeah, I really liked this chapter, but it feels almost like it was a waste of a week, now we have to wait another week for the explanation. Also, they could've named it something else. I'm sure Obito's reasons were pure.

Are we going to keep referring to him as Tobi anymore, or are we just going to call him Obito from now on?
    At least this chapter made it clear that he's really Obito and not just that someone else is using his body. I won't mind 10 flashback chapters if it means that we get the whole story of his survival and motivation. And yes, I realize that Rin's death has something to do with why he turned "evil," but she can't be the only reason. It would be too anti-climactic.

And good question. Should we call him Tobi or Obito now? Personally, I'll wait a few more weeks before I call him by his birth name.

There's still so much I want to know about this, like his Madara connection, how he got so powerful, Rin's death, argh to many questions. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Oh Obito, what would Rin say about your evil? For all we know he could have killed her.

By the way, did anyone else when reading the chapter expect to see Rin at the end of the as Tobi? For some reason I actually did think Kishi was going to go that way, as illogical as it would have been.
    Last edited by Platinum fan.; 29th August 2012 at 4:38 PM.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    For all we know he could have killed her.
    Don't say that; it would make things more tragic than they already are.

And I'm laughing out loud at all the meltdowns that I've seen on Onemanga; it seems several people have ragequit and some others have issued death threats to Kishi. That's probably why NF is down at the moment; it's such a big community with so many egos. The most reasonable people are learning to accept the newest developments, but there are still some who are telling everyone to wait until the next chapter for more information, which is logical in itself, except that they still seem to think that Tobi isn't Obito.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Don't say that; it would make things more tragic than they already are.

And I'm laughing out loud at all the meltdowns that I've seen on Onemanga; it seems several people have ragequit and some others have issued death threats to Kishi. That's probably why NF is down at the moment; it's such a big community with so many egos. The most reasonable people are learning to accept the newest developments, but there are still some who are telling everyone to wait until the next chapter for more information, which is logical in itself, except that they still seem to think that Tobi isn't Obito.
    People are issuing death threats to Kishi? Oh my gosh it's just a manga. It was pretty much known that Obito is Tobi. Heck in the back of my mind I knew it was where they were going, I just threw out the Hayate's girlfriend and future Sasuke idea to joke around. Obito made more sense then that stupid Danzo theory that's for sure. That was the dumbest one yet.

As far as Rin goes, I really want to learn more about her and Obito. Because while they mirror team 7, Rin doesn't even look like she was half as swallow as Sakura was, if at all. Maybe they'll pull a Darth Vadar on us with Obito and his actions only makes the situations worse.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

How funny would it be if Obito is just a dead body like the Pains and being controlled by Rin?
    Just shared this with a friend and totally blew his mind off. And my own. That would be a pretty good twist (even if Rin wouldn't be the one controlling him) and would certainly prove Kishi has still some originality.
    [Projected Alphα Sαpphire Team]

I just read the chapter a few more times to make sense of all the little things. So Obito arrived late at the ninja academy and was upset that he didn't get an application, but Rin got one for him. So in a way, he became a ninja thanks to her. This will probably be important later. Then the scene changed to the Chunin Exams and Obito arrived late because he was helping an old lady. Obito's team finally fights, but he gets clobbered by Guy when his Katon failed due to the candy he was eating. I couldn't help but laugh at how absurd that was. Then Rin healed his wounds and Obito talked about wanting to be Hokage, which impressed Rin. Obito trained, but lost to Guy again. He noticed that Rin admired Kakashi. Kakashi became a Chunin first, then Obito after he trained some more. Obito wanted to impress Rin with flowers, but she was too busy planning Kakashi's gifts to notice. Yeah, Obito got the short end of the stick and I don't blame him for turning out the way he did.

By the way, is there a chapter next week or is Kishi going on break?

Quote Originally Posted by SharpedoX View Post
    Just shared this with a friend and totally blew his mind off. And my own. That would be a pretty good twist (even if Rin wouldn't be the one controlling him) and would certainly prove Kishi has still some originality.
    That last part is sarcasm, right?
    Last edited by Lorde; 29th August 2012 at 6:09 PM.

Wow. A chapter in silence, but you still knew what was going on. except for the last page.. this is simply amazing. So much happened with so few words.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

There's so much butthurt about Tobi being Obito that it's not even funny anymore.

White Kyurem, the dragon infused with the power of Reshiram

>First panel and Chapter Title:

OH GOD IT'S SO OBVIOUS NOW! (Even though it's been obvious for a while.)

4th Kira, I blame you for this horror...

But seriously, despite it not making any sense, Tobi being Obito has been confirmed. Aside from that random revelation, I really liked the all-picture chapter. Seeing the jounins and special jounins as children was great, especially Anko and Gai. Does bring up some questions about what we were told in the databooks, but at this point, it seems better to simply not focus on any sort of canonicity. Good chapter otherwise.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ant View Post
    Showing/making Tobi OBito feels like a cheap way of powering him down.

Now that he's been humanized, he feels more like he'd be on Kakashi or Guy's level.

Basically a cheap way of making his inevitable defeat more plausible/believable....
    idk about that. if you consider from the very beginning Tobi was Obito then you have to ask yourself how the hell did someone who couldn't beat guy managed to get enough power knowledge and insight to start an organization to capture tailed beasts, declare war on the ninja world and basically tricked some of the best ninja into overlooking the fact it was someone supposedly dead. after finding out who I'm very interesting in finding out WHY and How

Did anyone catch the continuity error in this chapter? If you look at the beginning of the Kakashi Gaiden arc, it shows the first, second, and third Hokage faces on the mountain. This is during the 3rd Shinobi War just before Tobito (or whatever you want to call him) dies. In the chapter today, it shows Minato's face on the mountain before Tobito even becomes a Chunin, even though the Third Hokage is still wearing the robe and hat while Minato has his Chunin/Jounin vest.

As far as the Tobito reveal, I'd love it if Obito's body is the real mask Tobi is hiding behind. Maybe Tobi is some Zetsu/Obito's body hybrid, maybe he's someone else using the Orochimaru body transfer jutsu.

You know ,
    After seeing all those flashback of Obito's life , I actually feel sorry for that guy !
    Not only he was underdog , His crush only had eye for his rival!
    Kind a like Naruto!
    Strange huh !
    Obito seem more like a Counter-part of Naruto rather then Sasuke even though he was a Uchiha!
    May be ,
    Naruto can change his heart !

I want to see Kakashi's reaction. He is going to be devasteted.

Well... this was inevitable given the more recent revelations
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

- The title is Obito Uchiha. Wow. Subtle.
    - Is that Asuma beside Rin?
    - Free for all in the Forest of Death > Reffed team matches in the Forest of Death
    - I didn't know Ebisu and Genma were on the same team as Guy.
    - Move, you're blocking Tsunade's future spot.
    - I didn't really know a Obito/Guy rivalry existed. Guy being in the Tobi fight makes sense now.
    - I can't breathe. Here it comes.
    - HAHAHAHAHA. Yes.

I enjoyed this chapter. The flashback worked without any dialogue. I substituted the emotional music in my head. But I'll be angry if Obito did this all willingly just for Rin liking Kakashi more.
    Last edited by Shneak; 29th August 2012 at 7:18 PM.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    - I didn't really know a Obito/Guy rivalry existed. Guy being in the Tobi fight makes sense now.
    Makes sense though, seeing that pretty early in the series Naruto sparked a rivalry with Lee (both Lee and Guy didn't consider Naruto/Obito as big threats)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

no... i hate naruto so much... i always knew that tobi person was obito... but then all this crap came up and that theory was lost... and now the author decides to slap us all in the face by making that true... crap...

I noticed something in the chapter.

When Hiruzen and Minato were watching the Chunnin exams, Hiruzen is wearing the Hokage robes/hat.
    Yet when we see the Hokage Monument, Minato is on it, meaning he would be Hokage.....right?

Anyway, finally it's confirmed Tobi is Obito, and the major hole that sticks out for me is how was he around during the 2nd Ninja War?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Well Tobi and Obito are officially ruined as characters. Now they're a bitter guy motivated by revenge that hasn't moved on. Obito's once noble sacrifice has been tainted and Tobi is just another revenge driven villain who used to be friends with a main character.
    That's what disappoints me, yeah. I couldn't care less who Tobi turned out to be - old character or new - so long as we still got an exciting story. I honestly did not think I would be disappointed by the identity reveal, regardless of who it was or how it happened, while all the rumors and complaints were flying around. Actually, I'm still not disappointed by who it is or how we found out, but rather the background we were given. Now not only is Obito set up to fall into the Gary Stu romance/status revenge archetype, but we also are taught that young Obito was basically yet another Naruto character clone (a character type/story we've seen plenty of). Well, the latter is as plain as day, but the former may be premature. Perhaps Obito's childhood struggles with rejection and inferiority will turn out to be irrelevant to his transformation into Tobi. I certainly hope so.

how he got so powerful
    I'm curious about that, too. We now know Tobi is Kakashi's age, which makes him young enough to be a student of the 4th Hokage. Somehow, in between his childhood "death" at that bridge and the night Naruto was born, he became strong enough to stand toe to toe with the 4th in his prime. There ought to be a fun explanation behind that one.

Edit: I'm also more curious now about just what Obito's connection to Madara is and all the other assorted questions and quirks that come with that relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonfish View Post
    In the chapter today, it shows Minato's face on the mountain before Tobito even becomes a Chunin, even though the Third Hokage is still wearing the robe and hat while Minato has his Chunin/Jounin vest.
    That was confusing. Maybe that first part of the chapter occured right before (or during) the proceedings to hand the Hokage title over to Minato, and the other part of the chapter occured after it (and after the sculpture was completed)? *shrug*
    Last edited by Profesco; 29th August 2012 at 8:50 PM.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

So it turns out that Obito is Tobi.
    I can already imagine a lot of people becoming butt-hurt over this. Kishi better have a pretty convincing, yet unique reason for all of this, or Naruto may lose its place as one of the Big 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Well... this was inevitable given the more recent revelations
    Yet many people still doubted it. I'm one of the few members who constantly tried to make an argument for the theory, even when Tobi was still using Madara as his alias.

Quote Originally Posted by JJDalts View Post
    I noticed something in the chapter.

When Hiruzen and Minato were watching the Chunnin exams, Hiruzen is wearing the Hokage robes/hat.
    Yet when we see the Hokage Monument, Minato is on it, meaning he would be Hokage.....right?

Anyway, finally it's confirmed Tobi is Obito, and the major hole that sticks out for me is how was he around during the 2nd Ninja War?
    I have heard they where both Hokage. one active one inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    So it turns out that Obito is Tobi.
    I can already imagine a lot of people becoming butt-hurt over this. Kishi better have a pretty convincing, yet unique reason for all of this, or Naruto may lose its place as one of the Big 3.
    I don't see that happen, there are quite a few people who believe the theory, I didn't but I can accept it. Some might be butthurt but they aren't going to lose a major part of their fanbase. Also since Bleach is in the big 3 somehow I can't see how Naruto will fall out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Yet many people still doubted it. I'm one of the few members who constantly tried to make an argument for the theory, even when Tobi was still using Madara as his alias.
    Because let's be fair there are still things that needs to be cleared up. Only recently it became plausible that Tobi would be Obito.

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Because let's be fair there are still things that needs to be cleared up. Only recently it became plausible that Tobi would be Obito.
    The things that people began to notice recently, like the fact that Tobi's space-time ninjutsu worked like Kakashi's Kamui were pointed out years ago by dedicated fans of the theory. That was the biggest hint at Tobi's true identity since it at least meant that Tobi was somehow related to Obito, but most people argued against it. They didn't even bother keeping an open mind until the last minute when they changed their stance. And like I said yesterday, a lot of anti-Obito theorists on Naruto forums were doing damage control before the chapter was released to avoid looking bad. They had a feeling that Obito's body was going to be revealed, and they ran like cowards to cover their tracks. It's disgraceful.

By the way, Tobi and Obito were trending on Twitter today. Behold the power of Kishimoto's masterpiece.

Page 817 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 717767807813814815816817818819820821827867917 ... LastLast