Page 1158 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 15810581108114811541155115611571158
Results 28,926 to 28,933 of 28933

Thread: Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    You may as well not even watch Boruto since it's technically filler. Decent filler compared to Shippuden's filler, but still filler nonetheless.
    It really isn't. We just got a showcase of what Boruto's eye can do and we were given it's name yet people still thinks this is filler? The arc that is also Mitsuki's introduction to the village arc?
    Last edited by diakyu; 17th July 2017 at 11:31 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

for the most part i dont have too many issues with fillers in other series but those series that live off it cause severe allergic reactions when i watch them. even with the boruto anime, im just not up for a ninja school anime at this point. i doubt i'll miss the series, shippuden did too much damage to its rep for me to get back into the successor series.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Watch it. It's actually good.

I don't know why the hell some are thinking it is filler, when the new characters appear in the novels, a lot of things that are relevant to the plot happens (Boruto's doujutsu, Mitsuki's debut, the important things in the last two episodes (can't tell that much without mentioning spoiler), there being plot strings which didn't appeared in the movie (like who appeared in episode 15) and them setting up some necessary changes (like Metal getting a team without those no-name characters from the movie). And especially there's I would say important development for the characters (including Boruto). And well Kishimot and Kodachi said that the anime is canon to the plot.

The first fifteen episodes are ment to introduce the characters and to build up some basics. If you call this filler arc, then Zabuza's arc is even more filler, since this arcs actually have more minor things resulting into plot strings later in the future.
    Not to mention that ALL of the new Konoha main characters are superior to Naruto's main characters in any way. May it be the depth of their characters, their power or them being more likable (well except you are really into bratty characters).

Really I would say Boruto's start is stronger than Naruto's. It's not as dark as Naruto's first fifteen episodes, but that's the only thing.
    Last edited by UltimateNinja; 18th July 2017 at 2:22 PM.

its really doubtful i'll ever see boruto for the reasons previously stated in my past posts here. the way they handled shipuden really turned me off from the series, its actually a chore to even consider finishing off the last 50 non filler eps from shipudden anime. its also a series/interest exhaustion thing for me, i just want to see a decent ending to the series and move onto different anime at this point. at this point i find it enjoyable to watch series with a medium sized character pool. while those with huge list of characters are equally enjoyable in other aspects it does have its own downfalls ie bleach and the naruto series.

i just got too many other things to do ie other anime, those darn pokemon games, 10 books that i need to read and just life in general. it might turn out boruto ends up being better than previous anime but it not on my radar at this point.
    Last edited by nel3; 18th July 2017 at 6:34 PM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    even with the boruto anime, im just not up for a ninja school anime at this point. i doubt i'll miss the series, shippuden did too much damage to its rep for me to get back into the successor series.
    The cast of the Boruto anime is its strongest point right now from my perspective cuz it gives off a feeling of freshness than Shippuden lacked. But I don't think you'd miss much in terms of action or storytelling if you skip it since those attributes are still kind of weak at this point and not everyone has the patience to see it improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    The cast of the Boruto anime is its strongest point right now from my perspective cuz it gives off a feeling of freshness than Shippuden lacked. But I don't think you'd miss much in terms of action or storytelling if you skip it since those attributes are still kind of weak at this point and not everyone has the patience to see it improve.
    i just saw ep 379-381 and remembered why it was such a chore to see that anime. that aside i dont mind focus on the characters but im not a fan of battle dragging on. at this point i dont know if i have the patience to wait on boruto but i did much enjoy the chunin exams. if they have a decent amount of exciting battles with a reasonable pace then id consider it.

i will criticize boruto for a bit here without even seeing the series at this point but im just going off what i saw happen in the previous series. i do know that this is a successor series and the new main cast has a bunch OP abilities the new gen has inherited from their parents. i find the combos to serve some overhype and also impede the future story as they ll need to go more over the top when push comes to shove.

it also seems like there will be a rather large cast which could cause for long battles where half the cast is just standing around for their turn at times. i dont mind 3 battles going at the same time but anymore is just too much.

these are just 2 reasons why i'll pass on the anime for the time being. i dont know at this point if these 2 situations will occur later on in the series but i'd rather pass on the anime atm and find out later on that they avoided the issues they had with the previous series.
    Last edited by nel3; 19th July 2017 at 1:14 AM.

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

I'm not really getting the love for Mitsuki tbh. While I like his design somewhat, most of his jutsu are a copy of Orochimaru's, which I saw enough of with Kabuto, Anko, and Sasuke. His Sage Mode design in that special chapter was lit, though.

I can understand why Mitsuki's jutsu seem kind of unoriginal, tho then again it's not like Boruto or Sarada's known jutsu so far are that much better either ha ha. I do hope we'll see more of Mitsuki's snake Sage Mode in the future however. ^^

Page 1158 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 15810581108114811541155115611571158