Page 1157 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 157105711071147115311541155115611571158 LastLast
Results 28,901 to 28,925 of 28935

Thread: Naruto and Boruto Discussion Thread

Hard to call this filler when it's Mitsuki's introduction arc and Boruto learning about his eye. Once they start referencing the ghost incident in regards to Boruto's eye in the manga people will be all "the heck are they on about" if they only watched the movie and read the manga. Not to mention the episode after the next one is kind of a big deal in regards to the overall plot including the manga.
    Last edited by diakyu; 23rd June 2017 at 8:13 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Really enjoyed last episode. This arc has been a little slow, but looks like things are picking up.

Former Lieutenant of Squad 7.
    Thank you for the memories, Bleach Club

Claimed Blaziken - Pokemon Diamond - Ike

did boruto do the teleport jutsu or was it the class rep? I'll be surprised if he can turn her around since she lived for revenge.
    wanna test your smash 3ds skills against this filthy casual? hit me up

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

gen's top: yveltal;oricorio-baile;

So talk no jutsu next episode? I am sure Boruto will change her mind to the good. Hope she doesn't die because Sumire has so much potential after this arc. It would be a big waste.

Also I don't really thing that Boruto's Tenseigan(?) made this Kamui kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    did boruto do the teleport jutsu or was it the class rep? I'll be surprised if he can turn her around since she lived for revenge.
    Definitely looked like Boruto's eye activated to bring Nue to them.Very surprised Mitsuki didn't go there with them, seemed like the perfect opportunity to tease his sage transformation. Boruto better hope he inherited the talk no jutsu or he's dead.

In other news, some of the ost released and it certainly seems like The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring is getting adapted as Sarada has a few tracks of her own in it.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Who knows if Sumire appears in Boruto the Movie?
    If not, it is likely she will be deceased or removed from anime.

Quote Originally Posted by michael147 View Post
    Who knows if Sumire appears in Boruto the Movie?
    If not, it is likely she will be deceased or removed from anime.
    Characters like Iwabe, Denki, and Sumire are not in Boruto the movie at all. It is likely though that if they adapt the movie they will add these characters. It goes back to what I was talking about, they want the anime to be the full package so we should be expecting them to adapt the movie with the characters added in the anime and the changes the manga writer brought.

It wouldn't even make sense for them to remove the new characters after fifteen episodes already. Sumire dying or something else would also be a bad decision. The cast without the new characters was already to small for a "next generation" with seven and Metal Lee also had a team with no names in the movie. Together with the new characters, we have twelve Konoha main characters, the exact same as Naruto. Even Sumire dying would be a bad decision, not only it would create a hole for the team building. it would also make all the other new characters like Iwabe, Denki, Wasabi and Namida look more like some "why they even exist" characters, especially the later two.

I predict for them to rewrite the movie with adding all the new characters (and expanding those second long fights) and later on adding those characters in the manga. It's probably because they started with the movie already in the manga that they're doing this "introduction" arc to introduce all (old+new) characters.

I still expect the worst.
    Last edited by UltimateNinja; 29th June 2017 at 9:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the Boruto anime doesn't follow the source material at the moment, isn't the series essentially filler?
    I've watched most of the Boruto episodes so far and even tho the series has its own plot that isn't directly tied to the manga, I like it. I hated Shippuden's fillers as well, but the Boruto anime's plot isn't as bad and actually has decent writers. ^^

I would even say Boruto's Ghost incident arc > Naruto's Zabuza arc if the next episode hits the nail and Sumire won't die.

Also a big thumps up for her getting more character development than all previous female protagonists.

The shipping war officially started.

Sumire survived and still appears in the next episode. The ending also included all the important academy students including Iwabe,Sumire,Denki,Namida and Wasabi. Since Gaiden starts soon, it's probably more or less safe now that they're indeed the next Konoha twelve.

Strong episode today. Animation top, fighting top, emotions top and a hell of a shipping episode. I like Sumire more than Sarada now (so much potential), so I like the direction they're going.

If there's no crap happening in the next episode, then this arc gets a 8.5/10. The last five-six episodes really skyrocked my my impression.
    Last edited by UltimateNinja; 5th July 2017 at 10:49 AM.

That was an easier time than i thought. Boruto's talk no jutsu is a strong as his father's. I thought sumire wasn't gonna change but i'm happy she did and that she's still a member of the cast. The ending was a little strange to me. The music was great but what they chose to show was just the rehash of this arc. Will we see this ending's animation throughout the 2nd arc or will this just be a one off and next episode we get to the normal ED? I think i never saw a new ending appear right at the end of an arc and it was all about said arc.

Overall this first introduction arc was good and i'm happy with our main cast.

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

An episode title in August is "Uchiha Sarada", so basically Gaiden starts next month.

Sarada is like the only character I care about, and that's only because she's an Uchiha. :x

Sarada is like the only character I care about, and that's only because she's an Uchiha. :x
    She's my favourite ninja from Boruto's team, tho not cuz of her heritage. I got sick of the Sharingan in Naruto Shippuden honestly ha ha, so I'm not looking forward to how her Sharingan will inevitably be overly-glorified at some point.

I've started to be a big fan of Mitsuki after these last two episodes. That boy is a savage.

Now that's and ending. With sarada's story the ED has way much more impact. Can't wait for that to come. Also i'm glad the class rep stayed.

Is it just me or was there a kind of death note vibe from the end of this episode? Like the shinigami were talking about the world of the living and it's rules. I loved that.
    Last edited by magma grunt edu; 12th July 2017 at 11:26 PM.

I was glad that Boruto combined his lightning nature into his shuriken in the new chapter cuz it at least made him seem slightly different from his dad. The teamwork shown between him and Tentou was decent as well even if it was a small thing.

Manga Chapter 14:

Spoiler:- Manga Spoiler:

Anime episode 15

Spoiler:- Anime Spoiler:

Shojoji's (is that the fat dude's name?) Fuuton jutsu was kinda cool, but I swear Boruto's clone spam and Rasengan makes him way too much like his dad...

but I swear Boruto's clone spam and Rasengan makes him way too much like his dad...
    I thought that his special shuriken jutsu was actually meant to showcase how Boruto isn't simply a copy of his dad. Granted, he's using Shadow Clones which was Naruto's main jutsu, but at least Boruto's capable of using his own original strategies too.

just so im clear, i lost 90% of my interest in the Naruto series quite a while ago. i really started waning halfway tru the great ninja war in shipuden anime where the character bloat got really bad. im not gonna go to far to explain the endless and consecutive fillers they put in..... im not trying to bash or insult the series but had they learned anything from the Naruto series or is it the same formula as the previous series? i guess they're still filler crazy as before? the fillers really got to me in the series quite a bit.

i made it to ep 378 in the shipuden anime many months ago and havent gotten back to it. its unclear if i'll ever complete the shipuden anime but thats not the big point here. i might one day see the last non-filler eps in the series if im bored enough to bother doing so. i doubt i'll ever look into boruto but im just curious if they changed up the formula up a bit.
    Last edited by nel3; 17th July 2017 at 8:03 AM.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    i made it to ep 378 in the shipuden anime many months ago and havent gotten back to it. its unclear if i'll ever complete the shipuden anime but thats not the big point here. i might one day see the last non-filler eps in the series if im bored enough to bother doing so. i doubt i'll ever look into boruto but im just curious if they changed up the formula up a bit.
    The closest comparison you have with Boruto in regards to the rest of the series is that it's reminiscent of a lot of part 1. There's a large focus on the kids at school and we will eventually shift to the normal ninja team stuff. The anime doesn't really have filler because everything in the anime is completely new, there is no material that has been adapted from something else until the upcoming Gaiden arc.

I became pretty jaded on Naruto but Boruto really brought me back for the record.

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    The closest comparison you have with Boruto in regards to the rest of the series is that it's reminiscent of a lot of part 1. There's a large focus on the kids at school and we will eventually shift to the normal ninja team stuff. The anime doesn't really have filler because everything in the anime is completely new, there is no material that has been adapted from something else until the upcoming Gaiden arc.

I became pretty jaded on Naruto but Boruto really brought me back for the record.
    thanks, i know the new manga is still in its early times so it shouldnt have too many fillers. the first few seasons of Naruto were pretty damn good until the fillers started coming in.

at this point i cant fathom jumping into the new ninja anime as i dont have the time. i also just dont want to be led on like the previous series where no patience for the manga side led to catch up. atleast i only have 51 more eps of shipuden to see (2 of them being filler). the way they handled shipuden anime was not ideal. lets just say they were salivating to put in some filler eps at every chance.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Quote Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
    thanks, i know the new manga is still in its early times so it shouldnt have too many fillers. the first few seasons of Naruto were pretty damn good until the fillers started coming in.

at this point i cant fathom jumping into the new ninja anime as i dont have the time. i also just dont want to be led on like the previous series where no patience for the manga side led to catch up. atleast i only have 51 more eps of shipuden to see (2 of them being filler). the way they handled shipuden anime was not ideal. lets just say they were salivating to put in some filler eps at every chance.
    You may as well not even watch Boruto since it's technically filler. Decent filler compared to Shippuden's filler, but still filler nonetheless.

Page 1157 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 157105711071147115311541155115611571158 LastLast