Thread: GBA games-compatible?

Default GBA games-compatible?

I enjoy the Pokemon games, but I stopped short of getting any of the GBA titles for one reason: training sometimes gets tedious, and the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games have no way to increase their playing speed, like the N64 Stadium games did for the earlier titles. However, if this new game has that sort of adaptor, I might get back into it. Has anyone heard anything about being able to play the GBA games on this new device? Here's hoping.

no you can't

Quote Originally Posted by XDCOMPLETE View Post
    no you can't
    There's no reliable source for that information. So shut up.

The DS does have a GBA cartridge slot, so they may allow you to battle using your hard earned GBA Pogeys without having to transfer them.
    I use uber Pokémon, I calculate stat values, I use cheat devices, I breed my way to perfection and I care about natures. I don't catch my Pokémon the way they are and I don't treat them like individuals, because they are brainless drones, snippets of data that have no feelings and don't mind being "abused". If you agree with this philosophy, good for you. - HERLS

considering the new game is part of the 4th generation i'd say not, but you would be able to use your pokemon from the 3rd gen games, cause you trade them from one of 3rd gen gba games onto diamond and pearl, but using ur gba games on battle revolution, i don't see it happening.

Well I hope that we can use the GBA gmaes since there is a GBA slot. We'll just have to wait for more information. The game is Coming out in a few weeks in Japan
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

^December is not "A few weeks"
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

How else can the FR/LG main characters be in the first video?

Quote Originally Posted by yutss View Post
    How else can the FR/LG main characters be in the first video?
    Yeah Isn't that strange? Hopefully more info will come soon. As well as info on the main site

hopefully the will be

I don't see why not. The Wii is compatible with the Gamecube controllers, which means they have the plugs for them.
    Plug a GBA-Gamecube cable in, attach your Gameboy and voila! GBA compatibility.

Any Pokemon that battle directly from a GBA game in Battle Revolution WOULD be at a disadvantage to the 4th Generation's battle system, but.

I think, but I'm not sure.
    The Text above the movie where Darugia Parugia, Kyogre and Groudon battle, Sapphire is metnioned. You can probly link with PBR if you have DP in the DS Slot. Atleast, thats what I think It said
    Hooray for college
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/25qu35g.png[/IMG]
    WRP: Here comes DAREDEVIL! Johto 2010
    GOLD Ripped by yours truley
    Transparent by the grace of Luke Groundwalker

I sure hope you can have your Pokemon from the 3rd Generation on this game. It seems likely though, because of the FR/LG trainers.
    My future team (?)

Blaziken
    Weavile
    Gengar/Glaceon
    PorygonZ
    Milotic
    Smeargle

Progress of creation: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by HERLS View Post
    There's no reliable source for that information. So shut up.

The DS does have a GBA cartridge slot, so they may allow you to battle using your hard earned GBA Pogeys without having to transfer them.
    u dont have to be so rude to him and about it so shut up

On Topic:i hope u can i have alot of good pokes on them
    ~Registeel is my bishie~

They possibly could have a download play option, to allow GBA games to work.

Remember how they did that Regi thing during the 8th movie premiere in Japan?

Diamond Friend Code - Proto: 3522 8496 2615
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=220356 - Trade thread.

I think this seems quite likely. If you remember, the first videa showcased the trainers from FireRed and LeafGreen. It shouldn't be any task to allow the game to access a cartridge in the GBA slot. The only problem is that many Pokemon reared on the GBA games won't function very well under the new battle system employed in the Fourth Generation, making them a bit useless in the game's colosseums.

Obviously we won't be able to play directly with a GBA w/ a FR/LG/R/S/E in it. The battle system is too different in the 4th generation...
    ♥Lonely in Gorgeous♥

Well, I'll just have to see. I mean, they were able to mediate the problems between RBY and GSC (like items, attitude and special attack/defense)... This would be my chance to get back in on it.

NOw if they didn't let us transfer the GBA pokemon if we don't want to transfer them to D/P, why would they show the characters from Fire Red and LEaf GReen in that first movie they showed. I think thats giving us a clue

i think the only way that it could be GBA compatable is w/ the gba/gc cable that connects 2 it. but i really doubt there will be GBA compatability
    Deadmau5 / YouTube / Shiny Toy Guns