Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gymbaliar! (476)

Is anyone else amused that Scizor looks like it has breasts in the anime? Ever since its Johto debut its been noticeable when you look at it from the side. They're almost the size of May's even!

Yeah, Scizor's breasts are about as big as Haruka's. But what matters is personality, and Scizor definatly has Haruka beat in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Is anyone else amused that Scizor looks like it has breasts in the anime? Ever since its Johto debut its been noticeable when you look at it from the side. They're almost the size of May's even!
    At that rate, they'll be as big as Lorelei's.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Umi Mizuno View Post
    O_o Uhh, no offense, but you've got bad tastes. Minai was ok but she wasn't "hawt." At least not the way you put it.
    Unless you are bisexual or lesbian, I don't believe you have authorization to say whether girls are hawt or not. But still, you hurt my feelings! *runs in corner to cry*

And that Scizor with the voice synthesizer got more characterization than May did in that episode.

The Gym - Brock is an incompetent gym leader. Hilarity ensues.

Unhappy

Technically, Bonsley is his first Shinou pokemon.

Yeah Sorry

I meant the first one that was captured in shinou

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome Lover View Post
    Unless you are bisexual or lesbian, I don't believe you have authorization to say whether girls are hawt or not. But still, you hurt my feelings! *runs in corner to cry*
    Oh Boo-Hoo, you really don't know anything do you? *shakes head* Fyi, I don't need your approval to tell me that I don't have the authorization to say whether girls are hot or not, it's called my own opinion and I have every right to that if you didn't already know that.

And if you're going to reply to this, it's no use, I won't be back.
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/vrbtic.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i44.*******.com/11kfvb5.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/15i5fn4.png[/IMG]
    Sometimes it feels like the whole wide world has made itself my enemy
    On hiatus until further notice. May come back once in a while to reply to PMs and approve of threads.

Wow, Brock caught the pokemon! Why did it go to Brock? I don't really understand it. The cool thing is the poisoning of Brock, maybe it'll be permanent! Bwahahahaha! j/k brock's alright

Whats with everyone saying that Jessie's arm managed to stretch to impossible lengths so she could smack Brock in the face? The woman clearly threw one of her gloves at the guy. She's only wearing one of them right after Brock collapses from the bench.
    Though it's not like being able to throw a glove that far and managing to knock someone is possible in the first place :P

I thought James's Yelling was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Whats with everyone saying that Jessie's arm managed to stretch to impossible lengths so she could smack Brock in the face? The woman clearly threw one of her gloves at the guy. She's only wearing one of them right after Brock collapses from the bench.
    Must've blinked and missed it when I was first watching, but I did indeed notice that when I went through the ep on VirtualDub for screenshots. You've got a sharp eye.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

When I first saw the episode pics on PocketMonsters.net they didnt have all of em up so i saw the first bit (same as 1st 2 pages on serebii) and i was hoping Jessie or James caught it. I didnt mind that Brock caught it thought, it adds to his variety of Pokemon

Sheez, this episode was weird. Team Rocket with their own gym. Brock catching Gregguru and officially looks like the new "stop Brock from flirting" by poisoning him. And man, I haven't heard that much random English words since the Japanese Episode of Electric Shock Showdown and I used thought Surge was the only one in Pokemon. There might be more, but I haven't seen that many Japanese Pokemon. My favorite words she said in English was "Shut up!" and "Next is your PIkachu!"

James yelling was funny, I think it was about the bottlecaps.

So what kind of princess supposely Jesse to be to say so many English words? Just wondering?

And the whole Shut up part, Jesse did throw her glove, the next scene one of her arms wasn't wearing a glove.

And, some of the battles in when Jesse using Gregguru, they purposely try Jesse to win by not calling off the battle when it was over supposely.

This episode was pretty weird to me, but its POkemon.

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy.. View Post
    So what kind of princess supposely Jesse to be to say so many English words? Just wondering?
    Her alias for this scheme was "Princess Poison". She said that in English too.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Must've blinked and missed it when I was first watching, but I did indeed notice that when I went through the ep on VirtualDub for screenshots. You've got a sharp eye.
    Yeah, I also noticed when trying to freeze VLC Player at the exact spot when the glove made contact with Brock's face for snapshot purposes. Since the glove is only in the frame for a split second, though, it's too quick to notice when just viewing regularly, hence why I didn't notice either the first time.

Does it still count as a *****-slap, though?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Really good episode all around. Scizor and Marowak we've just seen in Battle Frontier, but when was the last time we saw Sandslash? Nice to see an older Pokemon get somewhat of screentime now.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it's amusing how a Brock capture episode didn't even focus on Brock at all. Brock did absolutely nothing in the entire episode, it was entirely Team Rocket and Ash focused, and all of a sudden a Brock capture is tagged on at the very end.

So we're 8 episodes into D/P and Brock still has yet to have any decent screentime, and even episodes where Brock makes a capture don't even focus on him anymore!

Although I have to say, Greggle delivering a blow to Brock in his gut everytime he hits on a girl will be absolutely hilarious, and worth keeping Brock around for D/P alone. I may not care for Brock anymore, (I barely notice he exists nowadays), but seeing Greggle jab him in every episode would be killer.

On another note...Hikari is bland for the 4th episode in a row. I *really* hope the bunny episode injects some life back into Hikari's character, because she's been pretty boring ever since the Subomi episode. C'mon writers, make her fun to watch like she was in D/P #1-3!

Greggle jabbing Brock > insert someone pulling his ear. Brock abuse is just so much fun.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

This episode was actually pretty good. My only problem was the fact that Team Rocket decided to create their own gym. IMO, that poses a few problems on their part. I mean, it works if the guys battling there have no clue that this isnt a real gym, and it helps that everyone was kind of a novice.

One of the funniest parts was in fact James yelling at them with the badges(i do not know japanese, but, judging by the fact that the badges were bottle caps and James has that penchant for collecting them, he must be yelling at them for the fact that they considered them pointless or some other low regard). Another funny part was when Gregguru followed Meowth back to their "gym". But the funniest one was where Gregguru poisons James and Brock.

I noticed that this is the first time they ever show a true blue pokemart. It was actually kinda funny and had that "7 eleven" look to it.

The CG used in this episode was pretty good too. I think that this is how it'll go for the whole "flirting gag": Brock will start flirting with some random girl, then, Gregguru will pop out of its pokeball and jab him. Then Gregguru will then drag him away. I see that pulling in more laughs then the ear pulling gag.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 14th November 2006 at 3:04 AM. Reason: correcting a word

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This was one of those creative episodes that had a different style of writing to them... which made it that much more fun to watch. For instance, right in the beginning it's Team Rocket's latest scheme and not Ash and co. in the middle of the woods.

But man, sometimes I forget just how funny Team Rocket can be when written correctly. Jessie's engrish was hilarious, James' high pitched screaming had me in stiches, and even Meowth's costume was lol-worthy. And Dustox got screentime!

Brock getting Greggle was pretty out of nowhere, but I guess it works since Greggle is so weird to begin with. In fact, it seems to be weird in a way that no group Pokemon has been before. I hope it manages to make Brock's team interesting this gen.

In my opinion, This has been the best Diamond/Pearl episode so far

Gregguru based episode rox! >
    I loved Musashi saying the english words, especially when he hit Takeshi in the head and screamed "shut up!"

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    In my opinion, This has been the best Diamond/Pearl episode so far

Gregguru based episode rox! >
    I loved Musashi saying the english words, especially when he hit Takeshi in the head and screamed "shut up!"
    Say what now?

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky~40 View Post
    Say what now?
    Er..sorry typo.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

wahaha, I love Kojiro trying to string out Gregguru losing until it gets back up. And Musashi's engrish = friggen win. Gregguru is the best creepy weird thing evar. What exactly was Kojirio yelling at Satoshi and crew about?

Isn't it obvious? They made fake badges out of James' bottlecaps, and when the twerps made some sort of unfavorable comment about them (since they didn't look like other badges), James felt insulted and chewed them out.

ah okay. I was thinking that, but I wasn't quite sure, thanks. <_<

I bet some of you thought I'd stopped doing these, DIDN'T you? Well, I havn't stopped, because I'M A WINNER DESU! IN AMERICA!

-Instead of boring us with things such as setting the scene, the ep jumps RIGHT INTO THE ACTION, with a Dustox(!) and Marowak(!) clashing heads while the quickly becoming standard WHOAMG DP MUSIC plays.
    -Hey, it's Jessi...I mean, a mysterious lady in a dress and mask!
    -And...some guy with a really really bad hairdo!
    -...if Japanese Marowak have always sounded like this, then...XDDDDDDDDD.
    -Hey, it's a random blue haired guy and a yellow midget, both with tacky glasses!
    -Long story short...the kid got some small object, possibly a badge or a bottlecap.
    -ZOMG ITS TR WHO'D HAVE GUESSED
    -Apparently nobody questions a 1'3" person with cat ears, whiskers, and a coin on his forehead buying things from a convenience store.
    -Especially not..THE STONER FROG?
    -Like any respectable feline, Meowth ignores the weird blue stoned-looking frog making a "nnnnnnnnr." noise.
    -But the frog follows him, in a decidedly zombie-like manner!
    -Stopping in place, running, whatever Meowth tries the stonerfrog's determined to remain within a certain range of him. Which naturally freaks Meowth out. A lot.
    -Back at the "gym"...James identifies the stoned thing with POKEYMAN CARDZ. Who's that Pokemon? It's...GREGGLE!
    -The stonerfrog says something("*ribbty noises*, KIH!"), Meowth translates, James tries to open the frog's mouth(or to be more accurate, open it beyond the teeth), but the frog DOES NOT APPROVE and...STABS HIM IN THE STOMACH! And poisoning him at the same time. DEAR GOD IT'S AN ASSASSIN/PREDITOR ON THE HUNT FOR FOOD/STONED FREAK!
    -Meanwhile, the twerps are walking along in a typical forest, when...
    -ZOMG SCIZZOR
    -...ZOMG SAORI FUSED WITH SABRINA?!
    -Whoever it is, Brock's right back to his old schtick.
    -Saorina informs them that there's a gym around them, and althouh none of them has heard of this before, it can't hurt to check it out. Riiiiight?
    -But of course, it's a NEW gym!
    -The twerps arrive just in time to see Greggle facing off against a Sandslash(commanded by a kid who sounds suspiciously similar to the first one we saw)
    -Greggle STABS SANDSLASH IN THE THROAT and wins!
    -AIMAWINNA!
    -And now we learn why TR bothered with a gym in the first place...to steal...er, "heal"...Pokemon they beat the crap out of. Yes, "heal".
    -TR's all too happy to battle the new challengers...until they see that one of them is Ash, that is!
    -But Jessie is willing to battle. Or should I say...PRINCESS POISON. IN ENGLISH!(or should that be "AMERICA(N)!")
    -She picks Saorina with a deft "YOU desu!", disappointing Ash. Hey, he can't ALWAYS be first! Why he's complaining about being able to see how the Gym Leader battles is a mystery, but hey.
    -James explains the rules, and Hikari just has to ask a question. Gotta make sure the kiddies understand this all!
    -After seeing the bottleca...er, badge, everyone questions it but JAMES DOES NOT APPROVE, GIANT YELLING HEAD WITH A HIGHER PITCHED VOICE STYLE!
    -Once everyone's been frightened away from questioning the badge, the battle begins! And of course James has to ask if the battlers are ready, so that Jessie can answer with more RANDOMU ENGURISHU. Apparently "yes" is that much better than "hai" within the context of a cartoon in Japanese.
    -Brock has to cut in with words of his own, but...
    -SHUTUP!
    -Jessie hath THROWN A GLOVE at him, KNOCKING HIM OVER(!) and yelling something about "I'M A WINNER DESU!". James introduces the GL properly(causing her to blabber and say "I'M A WINNER!" again. NEW CATCHPHRASE DESU?!) just to shut everyone up again.
    -Round one:Scizzor beats the crap out of Greggle, who doesn't even manage to put up a fight
    -James says that Greggle's unable to battle v e r r r r r y y y y s l l o o o o o o w w w w w l l l y y y y, giving the stonerfrog a chance to get back up(which makes you wonder about the "declare them out of the battle after they lose conciousness for 3 seconds" system). Jessie orders a Poison Stab, which misses, but with a "ONCE MORE!"(yay English!) the stonerfrog hits!
    -FINISH IT DESU!
    -A STAB IN THE CHEST takes Scizzor down for the count!
    -I'M A WINNA!
    -TR kindly theatens Saorina into giving her Scizzor to her to be "healed". Or maybe trained, now that I've noticed another word of Japanese I understand. Not that it REALLY matters since we know what the real intention is.
    -OF COURSE, DESU DOMO!
    -As you can see, JEssie's been studying her English VERY MUCH. Must have seen how much people loved the VERY SURPRISE Harley and wanted fame for herself.
    -Ash wants to battle, but Princess Poison says that it's LANCHU TAIMU and that Greggle is BERY TAIYAAD desu.
    -Now that LANCHU TAIMU's over, it's BATORU TAIMU!
    -And it's...Greggle VS...Aipom?!
    -TR quickly hide their surprise(and probably disappointment) to begin DA BATORU.
    -Aipom can stand up to being STABBED IN THE NECK. Impressive.
    -...almost. Alas, the monkey does the standard "kneeling of injury" pose.
    -ONCE MORE!
    -But a Double Team/Swift combo thwarts a stabbing, and Greggle goes down after an ASSHAND PUNCH!
    -James says that Greggle's unable to battle v e r r r r r y y y y s l l o o o o o o w w w w w l l l y y y y, but this time the frog's truly down for the count.
    -Naturally, Jessie invents a rule out of thin air that requires another battle before Ash gets his badge.
    -DOKUCALE, COME OUT!
    -NEXT IS YOUR PIKACHU!
    -Yes, the Gym Leader gets to pick which Pokemon the challenger switches to, and nobody bothers to question it once the official-sounding version of it is read from a book.
    -OKAY OKAY VERY GOOD!
    -But no battle is forthcoming, since TR just goes and steals the damn Pikachu before anyone can react to it.
    -And they have a bunch of other Pokeballs in the net that has Pikachu! GASPSHOCKHORROREVENINGNEWS!
    -Greggle got left behind, but no one really cares.
    -EXCEPT FOR BROCK!
    -Years of being a mere background object that dispences explainations have brewed great sympathy for his fellow ignorees, and...oh wait, he's just creeped out by it.
    -TR's blasted off, the Pokemon are saved, Saorina decides to run the "gym"(or at least stick around to give people their Pokemon back), Brock hits on her again, and...Greggle stares.
    -Brock stares back, says something about them being together(O_o), Greggle nods(it dun care who its with, but hey!), and Brock...STONER FROG GETTO!
    -Everyone's excited about Brock getting another Pokemon to collect dust with, Brock hits on Saorina again, Greggle POPS OUT OF ITS POKEBALL(if it keeps this up, it might get...SCREENTIME!), and...STABS HIM IN THE CHEST!
    -Everyone has a forced laugh about it, and the twerps are(or more specifically, Greggle is) later seen dragging Brock along as the ep ends...IN A SUNSET.
    -Horray for stonerfrogs high on their own poison!
    -...:O! The oak lecture has Roxanne in it. CALL ALFONSO.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast