Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Gymbaliar! (476)

Poison Jab affects steel types?
    I thought the anime was based on a videogame because in the videogame it won't work.
    It's offical,This episode needs a redub starting with replacing poison jab.

People need to stop complainign about that.

ANIME=/=GAMES
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Croagunks attitude is even funnier in English.

I really like its voice, and the fact it just decided to join Brocks team. The only thing I didn't like about the episode was the dubbers messing up and Poison Jab effecting a Steel type. However this is only a minor set back and the episode was pretty good.

If you noticed, when Croagunk used Poison Jab it hit Scizor in the parts not covered with metal.

I don't see why jamming his fist into Scizor wouldn't hurt him, and if you noticed it's not like he was poisoned by it so I see no major problem.

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    Did I hear Jessie right? "PUSS-ON" talking about Croagunk's attitude? Dang! You'd think that the dubbers would edit that out even though it's not all the way a nasty word! But it was damn-near close! They always like 2 re-edit a lot of stuff anyway!
    "Puss" in this context means "face". 4Kids used it too.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

Why are you people blaming Poison Jab affecting Scizor on the dub? You clearly have no idea about the concept of dubbing a show. It was obviously the same in the original since it had the correct animation (and the Poison Jab command was given in the original), so it has absolutely nothing to do with the dub.

And no, you don't have to have seen the original to know this. Just use some common sense.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Yeah, I noticed that too with Poison Jab on Scizor, but people will whinge about the anime =/= the games so there's no real point going on about it. Btw, it's nothing to do with the dubbing.

This was alright, another fun episode. I liked the plan of the fake gym and it was cool to see the return of the mighty Dustox.

Croagunk could be fun, I'm hoping the Poison Jab on Brock will continue in place of being dragged away by his ear.

Did anyone else notice, a couple of minutes in when Jessie, James and Meowth were talking after Meowth got back from the shop, James managed to say 'I wonder what that's about?' without moving his mouth?

Overall, a bit of good clean fun, despite the odd blunder here and there.

8/10.
    Last edited by Wynaut?; 15th June 2007 at 12:36 PM.

No, I mean Jessie called Brick Break Poison Sting hense the and after said.

on time posion sting was animated as posion jab with purple fingers not brick break with white hand that was good how long have we seen arbok/seiper shoot quills then see it as a punch

Quote Originally Posted by Wynaut? View Post
    Did anyone else notice, a couple of minutes in when Jessie, James and Meowth were talking after Meowth got back from the shop, James managed to say 'I wonder what that's about?' without moving his mouth?
    I didn't notice that part. I guess PUSA, or the animators are slipping. A lot of mistakes in this episode...

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that all the gay jokes/comments are now being directed at James?

I really didn't like this episode. The whole capture of Croagunk was just awkward to me. "Hey Croagunk that I've only seen for about 5 minutes, care to get in this Pokeball and be ignored for the larger part of the saga?"
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

is it just me or did anyone else hear James say the word "God" early on in the episode? cause if theres anything in the lines that are questionable it's that, not Jessie saying "puss-out", not that i mind either lines though, it's just odd that James would say a word that years back the writers had to re-write some important lines in movie 1 to avoid saying it, and now it's ok to say whenever they want! one small victory against censorship then.

This episode was watchable, I wouldn't say it was good, just your typical boring filler.

I stick by what I thought before, Croagunk should have stayed with Jessie, I know, she didn't like it, but I think it suited her well, she had wins with it, which is a rare occurence, it was a shame it went to Brock, but y'know, beggers can't be choosers.

I didn't like how Brock captured it either, he just looked at it, and asked if it wanted to go with them, thank God Croagunk gave him a good poison jab to the mid-section and dragged him off, that was the best part of the episode, I think, Croagunk is going to be quite the character, it seems...

6/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

I was rewatching the recording of it I made, and noticed when they're blasting off how Jesse told James to be more 'manly'. Yet another 'James is Gay' joke by PUSA...
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.

I was rewatching the recording of it I made, and noticed when they're blasting off how Jesse told James to be more 'manly'. Yet another 'James is Gay' joke by PUSA...

I like what they did with Croagunk's voice. They've got the creepy side of persona down pact. However, the lack of chuckling and 'Keh!'s of disapproval kind of subtracts from it's character. That's something that needs to be looked into methinks, because as minor as they may seem, they were elements that really helped contribute to Croagunk's entertainment value.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    i wouldn't even count that as a "James is gay line" as much as simply a "James is a wimp" line, and even if it is that only makes a total of 2 time since PUSA started (the other being the "now who's flaming?" line) compared to when 4kids had at least one per episode, as well as making up stuff that they don't even have proof of (James was a Cheerleader? and loves watching soap operas?) compared to just a simple line like that doesn't really make up stuff they don't know. but yeah that line is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    is it just me or did anyone else hear James say the word "God" early on in the episode? cause if theres anything in the lines that are questionable it's that, not Jessie saying "puss-out", not that i mind either lines though, it's just odd that James would say a word that years back the writers had to re-write some important lines in movie 1 to avoid saying it, and now it's ok to say whenever they want! one small victory against censorship then.
    He said "My gut.," when Croagunk stabs him with Poison Jab.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

What are Minae and Isana's dub names?
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    What are Minae and Isana's dub names?
    Minae= Minny

Jessie's disguise= Princess Powerzone
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

And the random trainer with the Marowak was Jeffery.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

i liked this episode croagunk rocked with brick break and poison jab
    The awesome Dragonite has been claimed by me.

Good episode but during the battle jessie told crocunk to use poison sting but it used brick break.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Yes, we all know that. It's been mentioned several times and did not need to be mentioned again. Reading helps.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Venusaur Master View Post
    Good episode but during the battle jessie told crocunk to use poison sting but it used brick break.
    Dub mistake.

Couldn't the writers choose something OTHER than the white glowing light to showcase the attacks?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast