Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Gymbaliar! (476)

Y'know, I found something very funny with this episode. Meowth said that Croagunk was saying it was bored throughout the episode, yet in the end it chooses Brock as it's trainer. I just find that ironic since Foretress, Mudkip and Ludicolo pretty much rotted in their Pokeballs in Hoenn.
    If you're looking for a confidence boost in Marvel VS Capcom 3, Halo Reach or TF2, look me up.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2794-9939-9096
    I use "uber" Pokemon in allotted tiers, I calculate stat values, I draw the line at cheating devices, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I breed my Pokemon out of the most ideal parental stock, and treat them like brainless drones made out of bits of data. I believe that thinking of them as anything more is pointless.

Best part was the end. Poison Jabbing into Brock.

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Quote Originally Posted by dragonic_man View Post
    I just find that ironic since Foretress, Mudkip and Ludicolo pretty much rotted in their Pokeballs in Hoenn.
    Forretress, yes. Mudkip, Lotad, and Lombre, not so much. Ludicolo, yes.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Default Croagunk

I really like how the relationship between Brock and Croagunk is developing. But did anyone think Croagunk's initial decision to join with Brock came off as arbitrary? Up to then Croagunk hardly knew Brock or the others. Why choose him, as opposed to Ash or Dawn, or staying with TR?

Whenever Croagunk uses his Poison Jab attack, I keep thinking "Vulcan Pinch".

That was weird simply because Croagunk is weird.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

It was a good episode, the only thing that irked me was how quick Croagunk became brock's pokemon. At first it seemed like Brock didn't want Croagunk, then the next time Brock sees it, he wants it to be his pokemon. How weird!
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It was a good episode, the only thing that irked me was how quick Croagunk became Brock's pokemon. At first it seemed like Brock didn't want Croagunk, then the next time Brock sees it, he wants it to be his pokemon. How weird!
    I thought it a little strange too. Brock seemed completely 'weirded out' when he first saw Croagunk's cheeks up close, then later, the Pokémon went along, without a fight!

What I shall say though, is what I have always believed: If the 'twerps' are still highly unable to recognise Team Rocket, then they deserve to lose their pokémon to them.

Anyways, a good episode, thanks to the appearance of a decent Scizor, which was a good battler, with it's awesome quick attack.

Do the Robot!

Brock sure gets a good and funny chaperon, doesn't he?
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Croagunk=comedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

I think Brock and Croagunk match eachother perfectly, i really hope it doesn't evolve.
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I liked this episode it was pretty cool. Although Dawn thought it was a real gym and it wasnt lol. I also liked the character of Minnie and also Crogaunk as well its a pretty cool Pokemon. Team Rocket were funny as well in this episode too

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireWonder View Post
    Poison Jab affects steel types?
    I thought the anime was based on a videogame because in the videogame it won't work.
    It's offical,This episode needs a redub starting with replacing poison jab.
    thats not the first time thats happened regarding the steel types and poison types. they always have the steel types dodge poison moves even though the attack really shouldn't do anything to it.

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter,
    put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360

This episode again reflects how stupid Ash and co. are. They can't recognize Team Rocket after a simple costume change when it's so blatantly obvious.

Also, I like the way James gets dramatic when Dawn asks if it's a real gym badge.

James: The glitz! The glamour! The 5 cent deposit on those bottlecaps!"

Meowth: Oy vey!

LOL
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 26th February 2008 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The only problem is that crogaunk won't do much with Brock in terms of battling. I would've preferred Dawn or Ash to have it but then again Brock could suprise us all and actually enter tournaments that enable him to achieve top breeder and use the poor frog. Meh other than that it was a decent episode...

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

This episode was pretty good. I loved Brock getting a new Pokemon as he is so awesome and so is Croagunk. Team Rocket's plan was pretty stupid though and the gym just looked fake. I don't know how Ash and co. didn't spot it. Other then Team Rocket's stupid plan this was a great episode

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

Quote Originally Posted by palkia1 View Post
    This episode was pretty good. I loved Brock getting a new Pokemon as he is so awesome and so is Croagunk. Team Rocket's plan was pretty stupid though and the gym just looked fake. I don't know how Ash and co. didn't spot it. Other then Team Rocket's stupid plan this was a great episode
    I just said that! What is it with you people skipping over my posts!
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 2nd March 2008 at 2:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Brock sure had an impossible trick on catching Croagunk! Instead of throwing a Pokeball at it, he caught it with a Pokeball in his hand! The bad news for Brock here from now on is that everytime he meets with every Nurse Joy in any Pokemon Center nearby, Croagunk paralyzes him down by attacking him. Oh yeah, I know the name of the woman with a Scizor. It's Minnie of course.
    Last edited by bhrettzerda053; 10th April 2008 at 12:14 AM.

Did anyone else notice how insanely huge Marowak was at the start?

From now on, Croagunk Poison Jabs Brock when he's swooning over Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, or any other girl he sees.

Quote Originally Posted by Crobat_Curse View Post
    Did anyone else notice how insanely huge Marowak was at the start?
    I did, boy there must be a steroid sore somewhere in the animé.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Well, I tbought it was an ok episode. I mean, Croagunk being played out to being caught by Jessie, then being captured by Brock instead. Plus, I think this was the first time JJM started a fake gym (and I think this is the first episode where they gave out fake Gym Badges since, what, the Johto league?)

I didn't get one thing about this episode, though. Why was it that, back in "Mystery of the Lighthouse" Misty and Brock mocked Ash for having his pokemon following him around all the time (well, Ash did kinda deserve it since he was bragging about it and flaunting it in their faces.), and yet when Brock does the exact same thing with Croagunk, Ash and Dawn act "OMG, Brock haz Mad-Kat-Skillz!!!1!!1!!11". I mean, if Brock criticized Ash for doing that in season one, why didn't Ash criticize him back (you know, as a tiny bit of payback towards him?). Can someone care to explain this?

Anyways, that's all for now.

i almost thought this would be a gym battle episode, team rocket almost ricked me.
    but nontherless it's a fine episode, i'll give it an 8/10.

I surprisingly enjoyed this episode. It was good to see Dustox do something for a change, as well as seeing the awsome Scizor again. Plus the capture of Croagunk. I lol'd hard out at the bit were Croagunk follows Meowth back to the 'gym'. Good episode

Ah yes, the introduction of Croagunk, Sinnoh's answer to Misty and Max. I like how cool and collected he is. He's made for some great Brock moments the past two seasons. I like how the narrator at the end comments that Brock has a new chaperone now.

Another thing that's really interesting about this episode is Team Rocket setting up that fake gym. I'm surprised it's something they haven't done before, apart from the real Team Rocket gym they got to operate in "Battle of the Badge". It made for an interesting episode.

I know when this episode's dub title first came out, I was like, huh? How do you pronouce it- gym-BAHL-lee-er? At least it was cleared up when the episode aired. Regardless, it makes for one of the most head-scratching dub titles of the series.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This episode is also on TV all the time O_o I don't quite understand it.

Wait - could it be because of the sheer awesomeness of Croagunk? I think so! Team Rocket was doing great with it... then they had to go and screw everything up... again... ><

Oh well. Croagunk, woot woot!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast