Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Journey of Souls-Pokeshipping, PG-13

Im happy that Misty is coming with Ash, its more fun that way and the fighting is humor. All in all, the ideas were creative. Wondering if May is going to join them, I like her

Quote Originally Posted by Esperon View Post
    You have a thing about Ash and only wearing a towel...if you were a guy in a house with 4 women, would you walk out of the bathroom in only a towel if you weren't asking for trouble??

How'd that happen? she only got up at 1pm...

Err yeah, as you said there's not much happening i this chapter, but still good cos we're just getting to the main part of your fic. Can't wait for the next chapter!
    Actually if you see in the paragraph before, you'll see that they traveled two days after they left from Cerulean City so it was a new day. And as for the whole towel thing, I actually live in a house full of women so I'm used to it by now and I see no problem in walking outside in just a towel. Besides that, I think it makes for some great awkwad situations between them.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyLover View Post
    Im happy that Misty is coming with Ash, its more fun that way and the fighting is humor. All in all, the ideas were creative. Wondering if May is going to join them, I like her
    As I've said before, there will be no other characters joining them along the journey. It's just going to be Ash and Misty (and maybe a couple of other characters... I'm keeping that all a secret for now ).

I'm glad everyone liked this chapter! Like I said, Chapter 9 is already done so all I need to do is write out Chapter 10 and draw out some of the pokemon. Once that is done, I can assure you that things will start to change around here...

And don't worry shoujaoi-fangirl, I'll make sure you get what you rightfully deserve...
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss
    Currently Posted: Chapter 18-The Venox Vanishings
    Currently Working On: Chapter 22

He looked over to Misty to tell her to look out of the window, but she was sleeping peacefully leaning over the side of the chair. He smiled and he pulled her back in, but he had pulled her too hard and she landed on his shoulder softly. She moved around slightly on his shoulder as she made herself comfortable and she wrapped her arm around his. Ash tried to free himself from her grasp by shaking his arm slightly, but she held on tightly with a faint smile as she slept soundly. He gave up and he looked out of the window uncomfortably as Misty rested quietly on his shoulder.
    AWW FAV PART ^!!! ^^ That is so cute, yey Misty wins! I would do the same thing if I had to stay in the sidelines all the time lol hehe^____^;;
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

yayza, happy happy happy! After my 4 day hiatus, being greeted by a new chappie makes me really happy!

I love the little fighting scene in the end, it reminds me of why I became a Pokeshipper in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Ignitan View Post
    yayza, happy happy happy! After my 4 day hiatus, being greeted by a new chappie makes me really happy!

I love the little fighting scene in the end, it reminds me of why I became a Pokeshipper in the first place!
    That makes me really happy to hear as well!

Just to give a brief check-up on Chapter 10, I haven't really gotten that far in writing it... Even though I had all day to work on it... Yeah, I know... But! I'll work really work hard on it tomorrow (and for the rest of the night if I'm up to it) so that I can finish early to be able to give myself enough time to draw out the three new pokemon in this chapter:
        Spoiler:- New Pokemon:

So far impatient people (like shoujaoi-fangirl ), I'm sorry, but I haven't gotten too far into this Chapter just yet and I still have to color the new pokemon, COVVUL (still keeping it mystery! ), so I'm a bit behind. But I promise I'll try my hardest to have Chapter 9 up by the end of this week.

By the way, is any one interested enough to be included into this fic??? I haven't gotten any PMs yet...
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss

me!!!!!!

Okay, Well i'm soooooooooo sorry that i didn't review for suck a long time. The reson is that I moved and I finally got my DSL working again after 1 week with no internet which i barely survived. (I think I lost 20 IQ points during that week. jk)
    Anyway, This fic has improved so much. The chapters are really great and funny. However, I would like to say that you should take your time in the chapters because some parts were very rushed. But don't worry, it's minor problem. After this, you sould try writing a real fan-fiction that doesn't focus on shipping. They get read more and are more popular.

-qwerqwer

Alright well first things first: Thank you for all the people who have volunteered for this fic and I'll be sure to include you and tell you when your chapter is coming up! So far I have: Esperon, Artemis Ignitan, qwerqwer who have requested as of now if my memory serves me well. Remember, if you want to be included, don't be shy to send me a PM!

Welcome back, qwerqwer and I'm glad that you think this fic is going well so far. I actually agree with you on the fact that I do rush some parts of this fic because I try to post up one chapter at least every week. But I try to correct that when I proofread it so now that you drew it to my attention, I'll be sure to read closer now! As for making a regular ran-fic, I doubt it because I'm not a real fan of them, therefore I'm not really interested in them so it's kinda hard to do something you're not really interested in. :/

For a status check, I have made a bit of progress on Chapter 10, but I know I still got a lot to go... I've finally finished Covvul's picture, color and all, so as soon as Chapter 9 goes up (which might be this Saturday or, most likely, Sunday because I doubt I can finish Chapter 10 in time for Friday) you'll get to see how he looks!

Also, as some of you already know, I've started working on a Christmas Pokeshipping fic that's going to be a two-shot and I might have to take a brief break from this fic... But I'll try working on both of them at the same time and the fic will go up probably around next week before Christmas if I really start to dedicate some time to it for those interested in it.
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

How long will this 'brief' break be? Just wanna know because i dont wanna lose this fic for too long
    Ze' lurver-ly lesbian but also a lurver-ly Mommy ~<3

Quote Originally Posted by crystal-zephyr View Post
    How long will this 'brief' break be? Just wanna know because i dont wanna lose this fic for too long
    It depends on how long I take on writing it. I might take (minimum) two days and I might take 5 or 7! I really want to get the fic up before Christmas and I haven't started on it, but I'll get to work on it as soon as I can. As for the main fic, Chapter 9 might be pushed forward to Monday because I haven't progressed in writing it at all! I'm really sorry for everyone out there, but I promise I'll try to get to finish writing Chapter 10 as soon as I can.
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

“After everything I did, he left without me…” she said quietly as she felt her eyes water.

“Who left you?” he said curiously. She turned around suddenly and jumped back in shock as he stood standing directly in front of her with just a towel on and a curious look on his face.

“Ash?! What are you doing here?” Misty said grabbing her heart with her hand as it throbbed rapidly in her chest from the shock.

“Well I just finished taking a shower after I saw that you were asleep in the couch. You didn’t think I was gonna leave without you, did you?” he said with a smile. She lowered her head in embarrassment as her cheeks turned red.
    Misty, your snapped!

“What are you hiding behind you?” he said looking at her hands that were held behind her back. He reached forward to see, but she stepped back. He then lunged at her with both hands, but she side stepped out of the way and he fell face forward. He quickly stood up and reached forward with his left hand and she turned to the other side. With his right hand, he grabbed out of her hand what she was hiding. He held it in his hands and it read: “Tourist Attractions.”

“Give me that!” she yelled at him as she quickly snatched the pamphlet out of his hand.
    that was so funny^^

Anyway, keep up your good work el_toro
    Shinji+Hikari=Kawaii

Well I've finally finished Chapter 10!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if you guys thought that I had given up on this fic from how so long I've posted the last chapter! Don't worry, I'm still working on it, it's just going verrrry slow as of now. And soon I'm going to start a new job so depending on my work schedule, my time is going to be severly cut. Also, I doubt the Christmas Pokeshipping two-shot fic I had in mind is going to go anywhere. :/ But bad news aside, in this chapter you'll see THE FIRST NEW POKEMON! When you encounter a spoiler button in the middle of the fic, press and it should reveal the picture of the new pokemon. (Disclaimer: I am NOT an artist and thus have never had ANY art classes! Everything I do is freehand with no models or shapes, merely relying on a TON of scrap paper to get the final result. So please, if you post a reply on this thread, don't criticize me harshly just because of my artwork!) So anyway here's the LONG (literally! It's about 14 pages long...) awaited Chapter 9!

Chapter 9-Soaring High

Hours had passed since they last left the train station yet they were still wandering inside the never-ending forest. The sun was starting to reach its apex as Ash led the group through the dark forest. He looked closely at the map, trying his best make out the confusing directions. He was sure that they were on the trail so he continued with confidence as Pikachu rested on his shoulder and Misty trailed behind.

“Ash, just admit that we’re lost already and give me the map!”

“We’re not lost! It’s just…taking longer than I expected. If you would move a little faster than maybe we would be there by now!” he said looking back at her.

“Well after walking for three hours straight, I’m sorry if I can’t walk any faster! Where’s the nearest Pokemon Center anyway, my feet are killing me…”

“Well according to this map there should be one right…here!” As he said this he pushed aside a bush and right in front of them, was a Pokemon Center. Misty’s mouth dropped, even Ash was a bit shocked too, but he kept his composure.

“See, what did I tell you? I can read these maps with no problem!” he said as he strutted towards the Center hidden amongst the trees. She stood still in disbelief then shook her head and followed right behind him.

They entered the red and white Pokemon Center through the automatic sliding doors. The center was empty with the exception of Nurse Joy standing behind the counter. Her attention was drawn to them as they approached. Misty sighed in relief as she rested on one of the couches in the lobby and Ash walked up to Nurse Joy as Pikachu took the time to stretch.

“Hi Nurse Joy I’d like to…wait a second, how do you look like all the other Nurse Joys? I thought this island was isolated for centuries!” She smiled back at him,

“One of my ancestors actually came along on the expeditions into Muntein.” He sighed in disbelief,

“You guys should at least give others a try at being nurses…” He then looked over at Misty. She was distracted as she stood around observing the center so he leaned over the counter and whispered so she would not hear.

“Do you know where the nearest Gym is?” Misty crept up right beside him with a sly smirk.

“Oh I thought you knew how to read directions with no problem, Mr. Map Master?”

“Well it doesn’t hurt just to make sure, does it?!” he said. He then turned to Nurse Joy. “So what’s the quickest way to get to Conifer Town from here?” Nurse Joy’s eyes widened in surprise and she said,

“You would probably have to take the train by now to get there in one day.” Ash stepped back in shock and Misty raised her eyebrows, very interested to hear what she had to say.

“What do you mean by that?” Ash asked.

“Well you’re not in the Evergreen region.” Ash was stunned and Misty was looking smug, eager to rub it in Ash’s face now.

“You’re actually in the Minera region now. You can tell by the different colors of the trees: the ones in Evergreen are obviously green and the ones in Minera are orange.” She drew their attention to a tree that could be seen outside the window. Its leaves were an assortment of colors from red to brown, but were mostly dyed orange. Misty looked at Ash with a sideways grin.

“So Ash, I see that not only you didn’t find the Gym, but you also landed us in a completely different region. I’d have to say that’s a new record for you!” He turned around looking very aggravated.

“If you’re the expert all of a sudden then how come you never noticed that the trees were different in color?”

“Maybe it’s because I was too tired from walking in circles! And why are you getting mad at me for?! You’re the one that’s dumb enough that you can't follow directions as simple as staying on a dirt road!” She huffed at him and they both positioned themselves for a fight until Nurse Joy leaned over the counter and separated them.

“Settle down you two, I don’t want you to wind up in a real hospital!” They scowled at each other but they straightened themselves and looked away.

“So do you know where the nearest Gym is Nurse Joy, now that somebody couldn’t find the right Gym in the first place,” Misty said, glancing at Ash from the side of her eye. He threw her a dirty look as Nurse Joy responded,

“I could show you if you gave me a map…” Ash pulled out the map from his backpack and handed it to her.

“Let’s see… If you simply go up this road after about an hour of walking you should reach the end of this forest. Once you do that, you’ll be in a plain rock field with a big mountain in front of you; that is known as Mt. Minera. You need to go up that mountain about halfway to be able to reach Avia Town. I’m sorry if I can’t make it any simpler than that,” she added with a bow.

“As long as I’m the one leading, we shouldn’t have any problem getting there,” Misty said as she grabbed the map. She passed Ash who objected and looked ready to fight again as he stomped his feet through the exit.
    /- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -\
    They were out in the autumnal forest after leaving the Pokemon Center as Misty, who had the map in her hand, followed Nurse Joy’s directions to the word. Ash lagged behind her with Pikachu on his shoulder.

“I think it's time you gave the map back Misty, we've been walking for a while now,” Ash whined.

“So we can end up in another region? No thanks; besides I think I see the end of this forest up ahead…” she said, squinting her eyes to get a better look at the end of the road. A bright light shone from far away, signaling the end of the gigantic forest and Misty began to sprint with excitement towards the light as Ash and Pikachu followed. They passed into the opening and looked in awe around them at the colossal field in front of them.

The tan rock field before them was lightly covered with grass with bumpy rocks protruding throughout the field and small hills that rolled all through the land. Directly in front of them was an enormous mountain that towered before them, shrouding the land in a black shadow. The sun hid behind the peak of the mountain, giving it a golden halo and they stood in awe as their eyes traveled down the wide slopes of Mt. Minera.

“Come on Misty, we have to get there before it gets too dark,” he yelled back at her as he began to run up the undulating hills. She followed after him, screaming back at him to wait as he neared closer to the mountain.
    /- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -\
    The sun had now begun its descent as they treaded up the steep mountain path. Misty was leading the group again with map in hand as Ash stayed close behind her. Pikachu was camped on Ash’s shoulder, observing the barren mountain side as they climbed up the slope. Misty stopped in front of a big cliff that stood in front of their path. Ash caught up to her and asked,

“What’s the matter, Misty?” She turned back to look at him after she took a final glance at the map.

“Well according to this map, we have to climb wall to be able to reach the town…” she said. Then she looked at him with a determined smile.

“Are you ready for this Ash?” He flashed a wide smile at her and clenched his hand,

“You know I was born ready!” Pikachu yelled in excitement and they all stared up at the bluff. They began to climb up the long cliff with no equipment or safety gear relying only on their bare hands and raw tenacity.
    The sun was already setting by the time that they reached the end of the cliff, tinting the sky with an assortment of purple, orange, and blue. Misty was resting on a tiny plateau that stuck out of the cliff as she waited for Ash who had lost his footing a while ago, but was catching up now. She laid back on the plateau as she looked up at the sky, enjoying the beautiful view. She could see over miles of land as she looked beyond the forest and she saw for her own eyes the colored division of the islands Evergreen and Minera.

Without notice a thick black fog began to gather around Misty taking away her sight of the land. She stood up and looked around in confusion as the black fog fell upon her. She crawled towards the edge of the cliff, making sure she wouldn’t fall over as she felt around with her hand.

“Ash! Hurry, give me your hand!” she yelled with her hand outstretched as she leaned over the cliff.

He looked up and saw the fog eat up Misty and fall further past her. He started to panic and climbed faster, reaching for the hand that stuck out from the fog. He was almost there when a strong wind blew from the side. He held onto his hat as he tried to fight off the wind, grabbing onto the cliff as tight as he could. The wind picked up speed and his hand slipped off the rock. He screamed out loud and Misty heard him from the darkness of the fog.

“Ash!” She screamed as she saw the outline of his body fall away from her until she no longer saw anything. She looked away and trembled, fearing the worst. The air in front of her rushed down and she felt something dive past her. She peered over the cliff still in the veil of the fog.

She could make out the outline of a moderately sized bird descending towards where Ash had fallen into, but she wasn’t sure what it was. It was definitely not something she had ever seen before. The bird had disappeared from sight yet she waited patiently by the edge of the cliff having gained a sliver of hope.

The seconds passed at an agonizing crawl and Misty was holding her breath. She was going to lean forward when a heavy thud next to her startled her and nearly threw her off the cliff. Once she regained her balance she looked back at what was now next to her. The tall black shape of a person dressed in a hooded cloak loomed over the cliff's edge beside her. Then Misty heard the faint sound of flapping wings coming from below and she rushed to look over the edge again.

The outline of the bird held what appeared to be the body of a young man and a plump rodent in its talons. The bird dropped the bodies onto the cliff and Misty kneeled down before him, sighing with great relief as she recognized the man and his Pikachu.

“Covvul, use Gust,” the black figure said in a rough voice. The bird pokemon perched on his shoulder and squawked out loud as it began to flap its wings, scattering the fog. Misty’s eyes widened once she took a look at the pokemon before her as the fog cleared out. It was a bald headed pokemon with the exception of a black Mohawk running down his head to his beak. Its black feathers reflected no sunlight and its breast was a pale white. Its face was serious matching the fierce gaze of its red pupil eyes. She then looked over at the mysterious person hidden underneath the cloak.

The person drew back their hood, revealing their wizened face. He was a muscular man whose gut protruded in his sleeved maroon shirt. The hair on the top of his head had mostly fallen out except for a small tuft in the front. His face was in a permanent scowl, accented by his thin goatee that lined his lip and cut down sharply to the bottom of his chin.

Misty and the man locked eyes and he said nothing as they stared at each other. Ash began to stir and the man broke his gaze and turned to him. Ash opened his eyes and began to look all around him; first at Pikachu who was standing right next to his face, then at Misty who was kneeled beside him and finally at the man and the hunched bird on his shoulder.

Ash took out his Pokedex without a moment’s hesitation. It beeped as it recognized the pokemon and displayed his picture on its screen. It spoke in a mechanized voice:

“Covvul, the Brooding Pokemon. 3’ 5” Dark/Flying: This pokemon’s head is always hunched down, giving it the impression that it is deep in thought. These pokemon can shake off particles of black dust from their feathers to disguise itself as it hunts for food. There have been many accounts of people being saved by this pokemon who often mistakes their cries for help as wounded prey.”

“Ash, are you okay?” Misty asked once the Pokedex closed.

“Yeah, I’m fine…” he said as he lifted himself off the ground. He brushed the dust from his shirt and extended his hand towards the large man.

“If it wasn’t for your pokemon, I probably wouldn’t be in one piece by now. Thanks a lot!” The man looked at his hand and turned his back on him.

“What business do you kids have climbing this mountain without a guide?” He didn’t bother to look at them as he spoke. Ash retracted his hand and frowned at his cold attitude.

“Well we were in a rush to get to Avia Town to visit the Gym…” Misty pushed him out of the way as she stepped forward.

“What’s the matter with you?! He’s giving you thanks for saving his life the least you can do is return it! You have some nerve!” The man looked at her through the corner of his eye then turned away and said nothing. Misty burned from anger and she was about to get in his ear again when a hand on her shoulder held her back. Ash shook his head and let go of her shoulder.

“Come on Misty let's go.” They looked at him one last time and turned to leave when the man spoke.

“If you want to get to Avia Town, I can get you there if you follow me. We’ll have to camp out though as it’s getting late to travel safely.” Ash looked up, now that the fog had cleared he could see the sky was beginning to blacken. The man walked away and jumped up onto a nearby plateau. With no other choice, Ash unloaded his backpack and started to prepare for the night. Misty turned her back to the man and whispered to Ash.

“Do you really trust this guy? He appeared out of nowhere and he’s kind of a jerk.” She glanced back at the unnamed man who pulled off his cloak and laid it on the floor as a blanket. Covvul jumped off his master’s shoulder and perched on a nearby branch that hung off the side of the cliff above them.

“Maybe he just wants to make sure that we’re okay, though I do agree with you about the jerk part.” Ash said as he spread his blue sleeping bag out.

“For now it won’t hurt if we tag along, as long as he leads us to Avia Town.” He took off his hat and jacket and climbed into the bag with Pikachu taking up a spot right next to him. Misty was still skeptical though as she looked back at the man who lay completely silent on his side with his back turned to them. He reassured her that they would be fine and pulled the covers over his head. She sighed and gave up trying to convince him, pulling out her sleeping bag from her red backpack. She spread it out right next to Ash’s, making sure she faced the man because she still didn’t quite trust him.

“Goodnight Misty…” Ash muttered as he turned in his sleeping bag.

“Goodnight Ash,” she said. The vulture pokemon hung his head against his white breast and dozed off and the night fell quiet.
    The sunrise early in the morning was accompanied to the sound of Covvul’s loud call. The rays of the sun shone over the vast forest in front of them. Ash yawned and stretched as sat up in his sleeping bag. Pikachu stirred and woke up and Ash petted his friend’s head as he looked towards Misty. She was still sleeping, her hands supporting her chin with her head in the direction of where the man was sleeping. But where he was last night, there was nothing there. Ash stood up and walked around, searching for the man until found him standing around the corner. He was basking in the rays from the horizon with his massive hands in the pockets of his black jeans yet his gaze was unfocused. Ash turned around, keeping quiet so he wouldn’t disturb the pensive man. He went to Misty’s side and he nudged her.

“Misty wake up…” She slowly opened her emerald eyes and looked up at his smiling face. She smiled back at him with bags under her eyes. She couldn’t sleep, it was hopeless for her to try to shake off the unease she felt from the man’s presence. So she stayed up for the majority of the night keeping an eye open until her exhaustion got the better of her. She got out of her sleeping bag as well and she rolled it up, yawning as she struggled to keep her eyelids open. The man walked back from the corner and Covvul swooped off the branch to land on his shoulder.

“Are you ready to leave yet?” he said with his usual scowl. They nodded and he turned around and walked up the mountain trail. They followed closely behind the stranger as a gentle wind blew from the east.
    They hiked up and down the winding trails, some of which split into other paths. The man led them without hesitation and after a few hours, they reached a small hill with a road sign that read: “This way to Avia Town.” Ash, Misty, and Pikachu smiled at each other and ran past the man and up the hill. Ash was out of breath by the time they reached the top. He smiled as he looked at the small town before them.

The town was surrounded by small cliffs like a miniature canyon. Little children walked up paths on the face of the cliffs carrying large neon colored hang gliders. The houses were shaped like giant huts with red roofs and brown walls. They lay throughout the town side by side leaving areas open for the gliders. Gliders swayed from side to side as they soared above the town. Off in the distance in a small park, a multitude of kites could be seen floating around and close by, a group of people were building a small wooden airplane. Ash looked for a building that could be the Gym, but he couldn’t find it and he turned to the man who had just joined them. As Ash opened his mouth, the man said,

“If you’re looking for the Gym, it’s not in town. You’ll have to pass through it and go up a specific path that will lead you to it. Come, follow me…” He walked forwards with his loyal pokemon on his shoulder as he led the way.
    As they walked across town, people began to follow them with wide smiles as they cheered and clapped, with more people gathering by the second. Ash looked back at them with a wide grin and waved back at them, soaking up the cheers. He was convinced they were cheering for him so he began to greet everyone with waves and bowed. Everyone stopped immediately and looked at Ash with puzzled looks. A young girl from the crowd asked out loud,

“Who are you?” Ash dropped to the ground as Misty snickered at his stupidity.

“Ash I think they’re cheering for our Mystery Man right there…” she said, nodding towards to the man as Ash picked himself off the ground.

“Yeah I think I noticed…” he said in low spirits. A teenage boy said in great shock,

“You mean you don’t know who he is?!” They both looked at him with vacant expressions, the cloaked man stopped walking.

“Why, should we?” Misty asked.

“Of course! This is Alexander-” The boy from the crowd proclaimed in a deep voice, “Alexander the Great! Defender of Man!” Everyone smiled and nodded and Ash and Misty were even more confused.

“Wow, you guys must be not be from around here… You see this man -” He extended his hand towards Alexander who still had his back turned. “-has saved hundreds of people from impending doom in the mountains! He is this town’s hero which is why we admire him.” Alexander turned around suddenly and glared at the teenager. The teenager jumped back from the look and sunk into the crowd with his head hung low.

“Let’s not waste anymore time here and it gets too late. I hear the Gym Leader hates unannounced…” he looked back at the teenage boy again, “-visitors…” He turned around and began to walk again. Ash and Misty continued on as the group scattered apart, some muttering their displeasure at the cold man as the teenage boy sniffled and sulked away.
    Just outside the town, Alexander came to a stop once more and Ash, Misty, and Pikachu looked at what lay before them. The platform they were standing was connected to a zip line that ran across a steep drop and connected to a building off in the distance. The building itself sat on a rock pillar that was isolated to everything around it. The ground below them was full of jagged rocks sticking out from the ground with the exception of a black safety net that extended over it. Alexander turned to them and he said,

“This is the Avia Town Gym. The only way to reach it is by going across this zip line while holding only onto these handlebars.” He grabbed a pair of handlebars out of a box that lay next to the line and placed it onto the zip line. “If you’re up to the challenge then follow me.” Covvul flew off of his shoulder and flew to the top of the Gym as Alexander jumped off the cliff and sped across the high gap on the zip line. He landed safely in front of the Gym and entered through the big blue double doors of the tall white building. Ash turned to Pikachu standing by his legs and offered his hand.

“Alright buddy, let’s go win our first badge!” he said as Pikachu climbed up into his vest, sitting snug in the tight denim material. He grabbed a pair of handlebars and set it on the zip line. Misty was nervous as she looked at the large drop then at Ash who reared himself to jump.

“Ash, don’t you think this is a little dangerous? What if you don’t make it across?” He jumped off anyway and cut down the line, yelling in joy as the adrenaline rushed through his body. She looked at him in disbelief until he landed on the ground safely.

“Come on Misty! What are you scared?” he yelled across at her. She looked down at the gap again and quickly turned away.

“The things I do just for this boy…” She grabbed a pair of handlebars and jumped off the cliff and sped down the zip line, screaming all the way as her hands shook against the metal handlebars. The wind rushed against her face so quickly it made her head spin and she closed her eyes. She fell forward onto the ground once she reached the end and staggered on wobbling knees.

“Took you long enough!” he said with a smile. She smacked him over the head with the metal handlebars and leaving him on the ground with a huge lump sticking out of his head. She huffed and dropped the handlebars and walked to the Gym, her nerves starting to settle down. She pushed the heavy doors open and walked inside.

As soon as the door closed behind her, the tall building was immersed in faded darkness, lit by the thin horizontal slits in the wall. She looked up and around the birdcage-shaped building spotting two staircases adjacent to each other. They wound all the way up the sides, never intersecting the other. Two signs in the middle of the room pointed to each one: the left was labeled: “For the Gym Leader” and the right labeled as: “For the Challenger.” She headed for the “Challenger” staircase, wondering which one Alexander had climbed up. The door opened and for a brief moment, light pierced through the darkness until Ash closed the door behind him, encasing the Gym in darkness again. He joined Misty as he sprinted up the staircase and they both walked up the staircase, side by side as their steps echoed in the chamber.

Once they reached the end of the staircase, it led to another walkway and a door at the base of the domed ceiling. Cold air rushed in from outside through the cracks of the door and Ash opened it. They stepped outside onto a grey-blue metal walkway circling halfway around the gold dome and into a set of marble white steps. Walking up the stairs with the magnificent background of the rocky fields of Mineral and the lush green forest of Evergreen behind them, the sun shone with magnificence above their heads. After finally climbing the steps, they reached the match floor. It lay on top of the dome and the wind blew harder from this height than at the bottom. Right across from them was Alexander with Covvul perched on his shoulder.

“If you haven’t figured out by now, I am the Gym leader of Avia Town!” he yelled across at them as a strong wind blew. “I hope you and your pokemon are ready for a tough match because I promise you that I won’t go easy!” Ash nodded and glanced at Pikachu who was willing and ready for whatever Alexander had prepared for them. Misty walked across to the side of the match floor beside the referee as he began to announce the rules,

“This will be a battle with challenger Ash battling against Gym Leader Alexander for a Soar badge! It will be a two on two-”

“Wait a second! I don’t have two pokemon yet!” Ash yelled across to the referee. The referee paused for a second as he looked at Ash. He then declared,

“This match has been cancelled due to the challenger’s lack of pokemon!”

“What?!” Ash yelled at the referee. Misty stepped forward,

“Ash, why don’t you just use one of my pokemon?” Before Ash could respond, Alexander cut in.

“According to the official rules of the league, any trainer who wishes to participate in a Gym battle must have caught at least one of the pokemon exclusive to Muntein. If you have not caught one yet, then leave immediately from this Gym and don’t come back until you have caught a Muntein pokemon.” He then turned his back towards them and the cloak flapped behind him as he waited for them to leave. Ash clenched his hands and gritted his teeth in anger.

“Why did we have to waste our time coming up here then?! You could have just told us when you met us on the mountain!” Alexander said nothing more, only angering Ash even more. Misty walked up to him, hoping she could defuse his anger before he did anything rash.

“Why don’t we leave now and start looking for some pokemon and then you can challenge the Gym leader again?” she said in a calm and comforting voice. He sighed and unclenched his fists, but still gritted his teeth. He turned away and they walked down the staircase once more, remaining quiet on the trip down. Ash was still boiling in anger at Alexander’s attitude and Misty couldn’t help but sympathize with him.

“Don’t worry Ash, when you get your next pokemon, I’m sure you’ll beat some sense into that jerk’s head!” Ash smiled as Misty gave him a reaffirming smirk.

“You’re right Misty, I’m gonna make him sorry and get my first badge!” They exited through the front doors and took another zip line that lead to a flat landing on the mountain below the town. As they traveled down the path, they began their desperate search for a new member in Ash’s team, gaining him eligibility for his first Gym battle.

Author's Notes

Man, it's been such a long time since I last wrote this chapter! I had to read through this a couple of times before I could remember what the hell I was thinking when I wrote this chapter. For the names, the Gym leader Alexander came from this website I found while looking on the Advice for Aspiring Authors Thread. It's called 20-000 names and it's pretty useful because not only does it give cultural names, but also lists the meaning of each name. And for the pokemon, Covvul is a combination of "Covert" and "Vulture," and the town name comes from the word "Aviator" which reflects on how the people of this town are so obsessed with the air. Overall, I enjoyed writing this chapter because I enjoyed making Alexander such a cold ***-hole!

So I hope you enjoyed this chapter now that I've finally posted it up! I look forward to any comments you have about this fic and how it's going so far....
    Last edited by el_toro; 15th December 2011 at 8:10 PM. Reason: Clean up
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Well, I like how things are going! The vulture pokemon Covvul looks interesting, can't wait to see what its evolutionary line looks like!

Hah, they ended up in the wrong region. Good going, Ash! xDD

This chapter was well worth the wait, no need to rush yourself for us. I'm not that impatient XD

Fantastic work anyhoo, you're still keeping up to your excellent standards and describing everything nicely ^^

I was going to tell you to hurry up and post more chapters but you need a break, sorry for being pushy over the last few weeks
    "When you're miserable, you need to make someone even more miserable than yourself" ~ Lucy, Elfen Lied

Yurilicious Venus Versus Virus banner made by me. Sumire x Lucia FTW! ^^
    I adopted Lucy-chan and I'm paired with Silentvibrava
    clicky?< My current favorite song <3

They both began to climb up the long cliff with no equipment or safety gear on relying only on their bare hands…
    This is just screaming trouble...

It blew even stronger and his hand slipped off the rock. He screamed out loud and Misty heard him from the darkness of the fog.
    Well whadda ya know!

“The things I do just for this boy…” she muttered
    Hehe, I wonder why!

She smacked him over the head with the metal handlebars in anger
    Ow...mind you, he should be quite used to that sort of thing by now...

Great chapter and I like the regulations for the gym at the end.

Can't wait for more but don't feel you have to write and write if you don't want to. It's HELL feeling you should get a chapter out soon but not being inspired to write...Hence about 10days with no update on mine! Keep up the great work!
    Esperon

Good ole Ash getting Misty lost... And who is that Mystery Man? He sounds creepy -'_-'
    lol
    Pokeshipper
    (n.): Because we don't forget 5five
    seasons, 4four cameos, 3three supporters,
    2two gifts, and 1one departure worth of emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by XxM!styxX
    Good ole Ash getting Misty lost... And who is that Mystery Man? He sounds creepy -'_-'
    lol
    The Mystery Man is the Gym leader Alexander!
    Quote Originally Posted by By me
    “Ash I think they’re cheering for our Mystery Man right there…” she said, nodding towards to the man as Ash picked himself off the ground.

“Yeah I noticed…” he said glumly. A teenage boy stepped up to them and said in great shock,

“You mean you don’t know who he is?!” They both looked at him curiously as the cloaked man stopped walking.

“Why, should we?” Misty asked curiously.

“Of course! This is Alexander-” A little boy from the crowd proclaimed in a deep voice, “Alexander the Great! Defender of Man!” Everyone smiled at the boy and Ash and Misty were even more confused.
    Hope that clarified it a bit!

I was going to tell you to hurry up and post more chapters but you need a break, sorry for being pushy over the last few weeks
    I knew you were getting impatient! Don't worry, now I'm going to take TWICE as long on your chapter! >:P

Well, I like how things are going! The vulture pokemon Covvul looks interesting, can't wait to see what its evolutionary line looks like!
    About that... Since Covvul is like Fearow in the fact that it only evolves twice and Covvul is the final evolution in his line! So there won't be any more evolutions in his line... Sorry about that... But I can guarantee that you'll see a ton of evolutionary lines in the future and I'll be sure to mention in the Pokedex entries what part of its evolutionary line the pokemon is of. I'm glad you liked how him though!

And I know I what you mean Esperon. Except I've been going on a bit of a dry spell cuz I'm kinda frustrated with how this fic is going. :/ But anyway, I'm going to start work on Chapter 11 and start working on the new pokemon in Chapter 10.
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

This story is certainly heading towards an interesting direction. The Pokemon Cuvvol is cool, I like it. Youre doing well, very well, infact. Take your time writing this fic, no rush, because its worth the wait, what you write is full of details. Thats why I enjoy reading it very much.

Have fun on your vacation, I know I will on mine. Bye!

I love your fan-fiction, it's so KAWAII! ^^ Mistylover your fan-fiction is cute too! ^^

“See Misty, that wasn’t so bad, was it?” he said with a smile. She smacked him over the head with the metal handlebars in anger and he fell to the ground with a huge lump sticking out of his head. She huffed angrily and she dropped the handlebars and walked into the Gym, her nerves starting to settle down. She pushed the heavy doors open and looked inside the Gym. As soon as the door closed behind her, the tall building was immersed in darkness, lit only by very thin horizontal slits in the wall. She looked up and around the birdcage-shaped building in fright as the darkness seemed to close in on her. She saw two staircases in front of her that wound up all the way with two signs in front of each one; one was labeled: “For the Gym Leader” and the other labeled as: “For the Challenger.” She began to climb up the “Challenger” staircase, wondering which one Alexander had climbed up. The door opened and for a brief moment, light pierced through the darkness until Ash closed the door behind him, encasing the Gym in darkness again. He joined Misty as he sprinted up the staircase and they both walked up the staircase, side by side.
    OMG I love this thing (I come not too the word so is it!!!!)
    Every chapter of you is so AMAZING
    Your fic is great and fun too reading
    Shinji+Hikari=Kawaii

Quote Originally Posted by QuixMystique647 View Post
    OMG I love this thing (I come not too the word so is it!!!!)
    Every chapter of you is so AMAZING
    Your fic is great and fun too reading
    Thanks, I try to aim to make this fic as entertaining as I can! (which is why every chapter is usually very long and full of events )

Just to give everyone a status check on how Chapter 11 is going, I've gotten about 6 pages of it so far so that's close to the halfway mark, judging by what else is left to do in the story. Also, I have yet to start drawing on the three new pokemon in Chapter 10, which is shoujaoi-fangirl's chapter, and I have also started working at my new job so this chapter might take a bit long to get posted up (don't kill me shoujaoi!) But I'll try my best to get it up and besides that, Chapter 11 is going smoothly so I'm sure I'll be able to get it up soon! (hope that doesn't bite me in the *** later on... )
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by el_toro View Post
    Thanks, I try to aim to make this fic as entertaining as I can! (which is why every chapter is usually very long and full of events )

Just to give everyone a status check on how Chapter 11 is going, I've gotten about 6 pages of it so far so that's close to the halfway mark, judging by what else is left to do in the story. Also, I have yet to start drawing on the three new pokemon in Chapter 10, which is shoujaoi-fangirl's chapter, and I have also started working at my new job so this chapter might take a bit long to get posted up (don't kill me shoujaoi!) But I'll try my best to get it up and besides that, Chapter 11 is going smoothly so I'm sure I'll be able to get it up soon! (hope that doesn't bite me in the *** later on... )

Well, youre first Pokemon Covvul is good and the type is perfect. And the next three Pokemon im extremely anxious to see, you know, I would love to see a water pokemon, that would be awesome. Seeing a Psychic and Fire type is also pretty neat. Chapter 11, where are you? *starts looking* come on el_toro this story is just so interesting!

well, finally read everything in this fic...and I'm impressed...

Great plot...
    Great characters while training in Cerulean (my fav part so far )...
    Everything else is great, but some parts I didn't really like on a personnal note...

don't get me wrong ! 5/5 for this fic ! Charcaters in charcater, writing is flawless...

Misty destroying the gym ---> NooOoOoOOoOOooo !!!! *cries*
    Misty not being able to go to Johto --> NooOoOoOOoOOooo !!!! *cries again*

and some other emotionnal parts...
    and personnaly, I don't like it when the story is taking place in an alternate region, I kinda prefer it in regions we allready know...(but you're doing a great job with it ! *very impressed, claps*

gotta love Melody at the party (I kinda support KissShipping a bit ) and there were a lot of shippy scenes and snappy conversations, like in the showers and video cameras, or Ash in the bar speaking with the bar-tender...

“What’s the matter, bud? You havin’ some problems?” the bartender said with sympathy as Ash turned his head slowly to look at him.

“Yeah...I guess you can say that they’re girl problems…” Ash said glumly as he held his head in depression.

“It’ll be alright kid…They’re plenty of girls out there waiting for you…Just don’t hold yourself down because of one girl,” the bartender said as he patted Ash on the back. “You want sometin’ drink? Trust me it helps…” the bartender said turning around to get a glass of soda.

“You don’t understand…” The bartender looked back curiously at Ash. “It’s not because she left me…” Ash said signaling for the bartender to get closer. “It’s because she is right here, right now…” he said whispering as he pointed to the right where Misty was sitting, dressed in an overcoat and brown hat to disguise herself from Ash while looking over her shoulder as she pretended to eat the food on her table.

“She’s slowly killing me…You’ve got to help me,” he said desperately while grabbing the bartender by his shirt. The bartender released himself from the grip as he looked back at Ash with a weird look on his face. He went to the other side of the counter and slid a glass of soda across to Ash. Ash sighed and sadly extended his hand to catch the soda, but it was soon stopped by a brown glove. Misty drank the soda right in front of Ash as he looked at her horrified. She smiled back at him as she finished the soda with a sigh.
    this part is superb
    I will allways remember this !

great work so far !! just waiting for more !!

P.S. : don't need to be on the PM list, I just pop up very often and see when an update's here...
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Quote Originally Posted by MistyLover View Post
    Well, youre first Pokemon Covvul is good and the type is perfect. And the next three Pokemon im extremely anxious to see, you know, I would love to see a water pokemon, that would be awesome. Seeing a Psychic and Fire type is also pretty neat. Chapter 11, where are you? *starts looking* come on el_toro this story is just so interesting!
    Chapter 11?! I've still got Chapter 10 to post! Glad you liked Covvul, I guarantee that there's going to be a lot more interestiong type combos, I'll name just a few:
        Spoiler:- Brand New Type Combos:

As for when the next Chapter is going up, if I haven't mentioned it before, I have a job that cuts into my free time, leaving me with only practically 2 hours every day, not mention the fact that if someone else wants to use the computer, I have to exit. So as you can see, I'm going to have less time available to work on the fic... I'm sorry about that, but I can proudly say that Chapter 11 is going by smoothly and if all goes well, I should finish typing it by the end of this week. The thing that worries me the most is drawing out the three pokemon, but that isn't that big of a problem...

Anyway, I'm glad you like it so far shadow-shipper! And it's your opinion on the fic, so you won't see me sneaking into your house late at night just because you don't like some parts in the fic! Just a question though: what do you feel about the new region besides the fact that you preferred the more familiar regions?

All that aside, I'll get to work as hard as I can on drawing the pokemon and writing the fic so I can hopefully post Chapter 10 up before this week is finished. (And I won't have to worry about any threats coming from shoujaoi-fangirl! )
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

what do you feel about the new region besides the fact that you preferred the more familiar regions?
    curiously, i like it
    different "parts" in a single region, different climates, different pokemon in them...

kinda reminds me a bit of Shinou, with the snow in the north of it, etc....

well that's pretty much it, now that we're in the action, the whole thing's pretty much in the past, it was really the changing, the whole chapter spent on describing, preparing the trip that I didn't kinda like...
    I felt...unknowing...unsure of what would happen
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

Chapter 11?! I've still got Chapter 10 to post! Glad you liked Covvul, I guarantee that there's going to be a lot more interestiong type combos, I'll name just a few:
        Spoiler:- Brand New Type Combos:
    Wow, I always wanted a Fire/Psychic thanks a lot!! And the Water/Ghost is an AMAZING combo, wow, a ghost fish, thats going to be something. Fire/Water and Fire/Grass is also a combination that I have been yearning to see for a while now! Thanks a bunch and I am reeeeeeeeeely looking forward to the chapter!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast