Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Journey of Souls-Pokeshipping, PG-13

Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    Sweet... a new chapter... (checks el toros post) 2 MONTHS!?!?!?!?! (falls over, dead from the long wait). Oh well, all good authors need time to create an excellant chapter. And what an excellant chap. that was, too! So, the Gym Leader turns out to be a bad guy, who does good things for bad reasons. And, of course, more AAML hints! Keep up the good work, el toro, and take a break: You deserve it. xXPorygonXx, out!
    I hope you all realized that I was kidding when I said it was going to take two months!
    Anyway, now that I'm posting a reply I might as well give you some insight into the upcoming chapter: Chapter 12 has them returning back to the Evergreen region to go back to Conifer Town. It's 15 pages long as of now so it's pretty long and it has two new pokemon which are the starters of Muntein! Anyway I'm glad you all liked the new chapter. I wonder though: what did you all think about Alexander?
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss
    Currently Posted: Chapter 18-The Venox Vanishings
    Currently Working On: Chapter 22

HOOAH !

new chapter, and I have time to review !

Quote Originally Posted by el_toro View Post
    “Alright, well you have two choices: you can either choose the regular hang glider…” He pointed to a neon yellow hang glider with two harnesses strapped to the metal bars attached to the wings. “Or…” he said with a coy grin, “You can choose the couple glider that we are currently having a special on; 50 percent discount!” He pointed to the glider that lay next to the neon yellow hang glider: its wings were shaped as a giant pink heart with white flowers along the edge of the wings with cursive letters written on the back that read: Flying High with Love. Ash and Misty both gave the young man a repulsed look as they both were repelled from the sickeningly cute design of the glider.

“I think we’ll just take the regular one…” Ash said quickly averting his gaze from the couple glider. Misty agreed, taken aback from the whacky glider. The blonde boy shrugged and took out piece of paper from his pocket. With the pencil that was resting on his ear, he began to calculate the prices on the paper. Ash looked at him curiously until he flipped the paper around and showed Ash the cost of renting a regular hang glider. His mouth dropped open as his eyes widened at the unbelievable price.

“I can’t afford this!” he exclaimed. He looked over at Misty to see what she thought. She smirked at him and he wondered for a moment what she was smiling about until he realized that she was looking at the cheaper yet humiliating design of the couple’s glider.

“Oh no…”
    <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
    They were now on their way to Avia Town Gym, cutting through town as Ash walked quickly down the path with Misty trying to catch up behind him.

“Oh, come on Ash; don’t tell me you’re embarrassed!” Misty teased. He lowered his hat in shame as he walked faster. She grinned as she remembered their brief flight over the town; Misty convinced him, or rather forced him, onto the lovey-dovey hang glider and they traveled over the town as the people below them jeered at them from below. As they passed in front of a small brown house, a crowd of people recognized them and started to shout at them.

“Aw, look, it’s the High Flying Couple!”

“Let’s see a kiss!”
    THIS PART PWNS ALL !!!!

“Ash…” He looked at her and saw that she was in deep thought, as if something was troubling her. “Haven’t you gotten a weird feeling… about that guy Alexander?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Like what?”

“Well… as if he wasn’t what he’s supposed to be…?”

“What?” Ash said, completely confused at what Misty was trying to get at.

“Everybody in town thinks he’s such a big hero because he rescues people everyday. Yet, don’t you think it’s kind of weird that he’s always there whenever somebody is in trouble?” she asked.

“Well I think that’s the reason of why he’s such a big hero! You know, the fact that he’s always there when you need him is pretty amazing!” he said enthusiastically. She sighed and said in an exasperated whisper,

“You just don’t get it Ash…”
    well, we all know that Ash isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer for just about anything

woot ! Ash defeateed that foney hero and got his first badge !!! xD

Yeah...Misty's allways happy for him

what do I think of Alexander ? I understand him, I pity him and I forgive him...It's only human to react like he did...childhood trauma is a very ugly thing...

Nice work once again el_toro !
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

I wonder though: what did you all think about Alexander?

Hmm, what I thought? I can understand and pity Alexander for how he reacted, like shadow shipper said, childhood trauma is an ugly thing. Even so, I don't approve of his toying with people's lives like that.

Great chapter, el_toro! Sorry I didnt review earlier! Anyways, this was again a very interesting chapter. The Flamingo Pokemon was drawn nicely, and it's type was expected. I thought it would have been Flying/Water, but Flying/Normal is just as good! Anyways, as you can see, this fic is going well. Too bad that none of the fics have a chance to get published, this fic would have done well.

“Man I would love to get with that redhead!” The two of them cheered and screamed and she turned around enraged.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” she bellowed. His friend cowered, rejoining the group, but the young brown-haired man walked up to her with as much macho confidence he could muster. He had a smug look on his face with his eyes half lowered and he opened his mouth to say something when Misty threw a punch that hit him across the face that knocked one of his teeth out. He fell to the ground and she immediately started to stomp him with her feet since she couldn’t use her other hand to hit him. His group of friends yelled in protest, but didn’t move from their spot against the wall of the white house (they were probably too scared) as she continued her onslaught against the defenseless man. Ash ran up behind her and grabbed her arms as she panted furiously. He walked her back up the hill to the Gym as she continued to scream at the group that was now helping their battered and bloodied friend up until they were out of sight.
    I love too read this part was Ash jealous there?
    Don't worry with the days
    You have not hurry with the chapters.
    We read your chapters many times
    I wait on the next part
    Keep up the good work
    Shinji+Hikari=Kawaii

Quote Originally Posted by QuixMystique647 View Post
    I love too read this part was Ash jealous there?
    Don't worry with the days
    You have not hurry with the chapters.
    We read your chapters many times
    I wait on the next part
    Keep up the good work
    I also like that part too! Just to see Misty flip out like that was pretty fun to write about and I'm glad you liked it! As for how long I take for the chapters, yeah I know I shouldn't worry about the wait, but it's something that I want to strive for, like a goal, to be able to post up a chapter in a week... Assuring of course that its good quality!

Yea I can also understand and sympathize with Alexander for what was done to him, but I agree with Artemis Ignitan that he shouldn't be exacting his revenge like that. But overall I'm glad how his story ended since that'll probably be the last time we see of him again... Anyway, time for a brief status check! I've written about four pages into Chapter 13 O_O since I last posted the last chapter two weeks ago! Sorry about that, but I had a minor writers block, but now it's all better so I should be getting into the flow of things. So hopefully I can have Chapter 12 posted before I hit that three week mark AGAIN!

Just as a brief note, I'm actually starting to invest some money into a labtop so that way I'll be able to dedicate more time to this fic and will have less distractions if any of my family members needs to use the computer!
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Banner given to me by my great friend MistyLover, made by the talented AmazingKiss

What do I think of Alexander? Hhmm, interesting. On the one hand, he did save people from dieing. However, he only did it so people would like him. el toro, did you create Alexander with a phobia of being forgotten by people? Because I suffer from that phobia, and it seems to me that Alexander suffers from it too. Yeah, good luck with the chapter! xXPorygonXx, out!

Quote Originally Posted by xXPorygonXx View Post
    What do I think of Alexander? Hhmm, interesting. On the one hand, he did save people from dieing. However, he only did it so people would like him. el toro, did you create Alexander with a phobia of being forgotten by people? Because I suffer from that phobia, and it seems to me that Alexander suffers from it too. Yeah, good luck with the chapter! xXPorygonXx, out!
    Sorry I haven't answered yet! I meant to answer a lot sooner, but I kept forgetting! To be honest I had never heard of that phobia before... It's actually pretty interesting! So as you can plainly see, Alexander had no phobias in mind. And he did his little 'rescue' missions just so he could get back at the school bullies by making the citizens of Avia Town experience the terror he had suffered back then... I know it sounds a bit creepy, but what can I say, he's a creepy guy!

And MistyLover, I know what you mean by Flingmo being a water type. Originally I had him planned to be a crane (making more sense since there is a fighting style named after the bird), but I got mixed up and he turned into a Flamingo! (I forgot what a crane looked like and thought it had a hooked beak) So that's one of the main reasons why Alexander has a pink pokemon on his team!

A Status Check: 10 pages have been written for Chapter 13 yet it's been ridden with terrible writer's block! Don't worry though I have a whole weekend off so if I don't finish it by then, I'll go crazy.
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Loving the fic, high marks all around. Evil guys rule! (except when they get in the way of shippyness!) you are doing a great job, only thing I'd like to see is a bit more shippyness, but please add me to pm list.
    credit to PkMnPwNs1991 for the tc and ipoke

First things first:
    Nice to see you Demonic Dialga, I'm glad you're enjoying the fic so far and as promised you'll be added on the PM list (which if I recall should look something like this):
    PM List
    Artemis Ignitan
    crystal-zephyr
    Esperon
    MistyLover
    QuixMystique647
    qwerqwer
    shoujaoi-fangirl
    Xumahare
    XxM!styxX
    Orenji-chan
    xXPorygonXx
    Demonic Dialga

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it a lot! ^_^

Now to what you've all been waiting for so patiently: CHAPTER 12!!! Alright well I must say even though I didn't work on Chapter 12 for TWO WHOLE WEEKS I managed to write ten pages worth of it in TWO DAYS! Weird huh? So anyway, Chapter 13 is 25 pages long. That's reasonable, right? A brief summary before we get started with Chapter 12: Ash has just beaten Alexander and is now back on the road. To where? You'll soon find out!

BRIEF NOTE: MistyLover makes a brief cameo at the end of this story though he is not properly introduced yet (though he knows since I sent him Chapter 12 a week earlier as a birthday present! ) Without further ado:

Chapter 12- The Dojo Fiasco!

Ash and Misty, now without a cast on her left hand, walked through the silent forest as the sun shone from above through the cracks of the leaves of the trees in yellow thin rays of light. They had exited the Mineral region and were now back in Evergreen with Ash in charge of the map again, much to Misty’s displeasure. They stopped near a boulder covered in moss with a pond sitting at the foot of its base as a tiny river leaked out of its core. They let out all of their pokemon by the pond; Misty releasing the four pokemon that she brought from Cerulean City along with Ash’s two pokemon. Her Gyarados bathed happily in the water as Pikachu balanced on top of his head. Staryu soaked up the clear blue water from the pond and sprayed Azumarill playfully with a Water Gun while Quagsire and Virgel talked to each other at the foot of the green boulder. Ash and Misty sat down on top of a smaller rock farther away from the pond and as Misty took out a pair of sandwiches from her backpack, Ash began to look over the map quickly, hoping Misty wouldn’t catch him trying to find out exactly where they were. Out of the corner of her eye she could see that he was hunched over the map trying to hide it as he glanced repeatedly over his shoulder to see if she was looking at him or not. She shook her head and pretended not to notice him as she laid out the sandwiches on the rock and began to prepare the pokemon food. Not having Brock around sure made things a lot harder on her part… Though she liked being able to travel with Ash alone. She smiled at that thought as he sat right in front of her with the map hidden underneath his denim jacket. The pokemon food were laid out in separate bowls for each pokemon and she began to eat her ham sandwich with Ash way ahead of her, half of his mustard, pepper, ham, turkey, bologna, ketchup, mayonnaise, and onion sandwich finished. Everything was kept in a serene silence as everyone ate and finished their food peacefully. She sat down admiring the view of the sun radiantly hidden behind the blanket of the green leaves of the tree when Ash stood up abruptly, obstructing her view.

“I think it’s time we should get going now.” After stretching leisurely, he returned Virgel back to his pokeball and Pikachu jumped on top of his shoulder. She followed suit and returned all of her pokemon back to their respective pokeballs and walked by his side as they walked into the dense forest. She stood really close to him and he looked over at her, feeling half curious and half nervous at the same time.

“Ash wouldn’t you agree that that was a good meal?” she asked with a small grin on her face. He was confused by this random question.

“Yeah… why?”

“Oh because I worked really hard on it! Thanks Ash!” She wrapped her arms underneath his jacket in a hug and he was taken aback by this sudden hug. Just as quickly as she had hugged him, she let go of him and soon ran ahead, leaving him behind frozen in place and completely confused to what had just happened. He crossed his arms until he noticed something had gone missing underneath his jacket.

“Hey where’s the map?!” Then in sudden realization, “Misty, get back here with the map!” He waved his hand in the air at her as she continued to run ahead of him with the map gleefully in her possession.
    <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
    “That was a really dirty trick you pulled on me back there,” Ash said in low spirits as they walked on a dirt path through the forest with Misty in the lead as she looked at the map. A couple of hours before, they were heading for Conifer Town after just leaving Avia Town because he kept on bugging her about how he could have easily found the way to Conifer Town if it weren’t for the confusing directions of the lady from the booth. She had reached her boiling point and told him,

“Well if the directions were that confusing and you’re so good at reading maps why don’t you lead us from here on?” He gladly agreed and took the map from her, but she had a feeling in her gut that they were going to get lost again and she wasn’t looking forward to wandering in a forest for days with no clue of where to go. So she took matters in her own hands, in this case literally as she held the crumpled map in her hands looking very carefully at the winding routes of the forest. According to the map, they were directly on the path that would take them to Conifer Town so all they needed to do was keep walking forward until they reached the town. She figured they wouldn’t get lost under her lead so she folded the map again and walked happily up the road as Ash moaned and groaned behind her.
    The forest opened up before their eyes into a large wide town surrounded by tall trees that cast tall shadows over the tiny houses spread throughout the clearing. Each house was made solely out of wooden planks including a gigantic house that lay to the south of the town that Ash figured to be the Pokemon Gym. A sign pointed in the direction of the town read: “Conifer Town” and as their eyes passed over it, their hearts leapt in joy as they sprinted down the road and taking their first step into the secluded town.

As they walked deeper and deeper into the town, they could see from their own eyes how much this town depended on the trees that circled around the town. Each building was made out of wood with no electricity running through it to corrupt the simple way of life of the reclusive town; the tiny wheelbarrows that carried assortments of fruit and berries that grew on the tall trees ran from side to side hauled by sweating men was made out of wood, the chairs that the wives of the working men as they sewed clothes for their babies resting quietly inside the cabin was made out of wood, the babies that rocked peacefully, prone to cry at any given moment were resting in rockers made of wood…

Ash and Misty had to walk far down the road to be able to reach the Pokemon Center that was hidden behind a line of tall trees, as if the town residents were ashamed to harbor the electronically advanced building. They entered through the automatic sliding doors and were greeted brightly by a perky Nurse Joy, apparently happy to see some visitors in her vacant Center. As they walked up to the desk, she spoke to them with unmasked curiosity in her voice,

“So what brings you two here today?”

“Well I’d like you to heal my pokemon if you could,” Ash said handing over the sole pokeball along with Pikachu.

“As well as mine, please,” Misty said as she handed over all four of her pokeballs to the Nurse Joy. As the machine healed their pokemon, Ash and Misty began to talk with the Nurse about why there was hardly anybody in the building; usually the Pokemon Center was a hotspot for trainers to hang out. She frowned at the question and she looked outside of the window that lay to her left.

“It’s all because of that building right there…” she said gazing mournfully at the big wooden house that they had seen entering into the town. “All of the trainers go inside that building to talk with the pretty young lady that teaches classes in there and when they’re not inside that building, they’re usually hanging out in the trees…”

“In the trees?!” Ash exclaimed. She nodded her head and pointed to a wooden bridge that connected two trees together far off in the distance. On the bridge, a group of mischievous boys plucked a round fruit off of the tree and threw it at one of the men that was pulling a wheelbarrow. It splattered on his head and he shook his hand at them threateningly as they laughed, running across the bridge. The machine beeped loudly signaling that their pokemon were fully healed and ready to go. She passed the silver metallic tray that held their pokemon to them with sorrow written on her face. Misty looked back at her sympathetically as she took back her pokeballs and placed them in her red backpack.

“Don’t worry; we’ll stop by for a visit once we’re done with what we have to do in this town…” Misty said reassuringly with a gentle smile. Nurse Joy smiled back at her and waved to them as they exited through the sliding double doors. Ash stretched leisurely in the warm rays of the sun as they made their way back into the town.

“I think we ought to go see what’s inside that building…” Ash said as they walked towards the center town. She turned angrily towards him.

“What about your Gym battle?! When I want to do something, you always complain and make up that excuse that you have to go to earn your next badge, but when there is a pretty girl involved, you all of sudden forget about your Gym badges, huh?” He turned his head and acted confused.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…” he muttered.

“Well we’re going straight to the Gym, right now mister!” She pulled him by his ear as he yelled back at her as they walked past the wooden house.
    She stood on the wooden bridge, shielding her eyes from the bright sun by holding her hand above her eyebrows as she searched for the Gym. Ash waited silently by her, arms crossed, with the pretty girl in the house in his thoughts.

“Maybe I can sneak away without her noticing?” he thought to himself. With Pikachu in his backpack with the zipper securely fastened so he wouldn’t mess up his plan, he tiptoed across the wooden bridge, trying not to make even the slightest sound. He had reached the end of the planked bridge and was so close to the hollow tree that he could see down the staircase in which they climbed up to get on the bridge. He took one more step forward when his toe landed on an old piece of wood and it snapped in two with a loud pop! He was safely on the bridge, but he looked back at Misty with a look of terror to see if she had noticed. She was looking at him questioningly, wondering what he was doing when all of a sudden he took off into the tree, sprinting like a maniac down the staircase. She immediately ran after him, yelling and shaking her fist in the air. He breathed heavily as he ran down the spiraling staircase as he looked behind him to see where Misty was. He stepped on his untied shoelace and stumbled down the staircase with Misty in close pursuit. As he rolled out of the tall tree, he crashed into the ground and he lay still with his face in the dirt, in too much pain to move when he heard Misty coming down the stairs. He quickly got up and made a break for the big building putting all of his strength in his sprint with Misty falling behind gradually. He reached the wooden doors and began to frantically pull at the door with all the might he could muster. It didn’t budge every time he pulled at it and he panicked and continued to pull frantically when he saw Misty nearing closer to him with her mallet in hand… The door opened from the inside and Ash ran face-on into the door and slid down slowly until he was on the ground. He looked up and noticed that on the handles of the door, in tiny letters that ran vertically down, it read: “Push.” Two guys about Ash’s age were walking through the doors that had just opened and didn’t even to seem to notice Ash who was sprawled out on the floor.

“…Man did you get a look at the teacher? Whew, what a fox!” the guy on the right said.

“Tell me about it! I don’t think I’ll ever see any girl hotter than her-” The boy on the left paused as he was talking as he looked at Misty getting ready to whack Ash over the head. From the corner of her eye she noticed him and looked back at the two silent guys as they walked past her and continued to stare at her. She turned away from them and was about to hit Ash over the head when they broke their silence.

“Oh man, what is a girl like her doing with a guy like him? She should ditch that guy and get with a stud like me!” he said confidently pointing at himself with his thumb. She got aggravated and threw the mallet at the back of the guys head. It struck him and he fell face forward into the dirt as his friend gaped in shock and fear at him then at her. She quickly picked Ash off the floor and dragged him into the house as she closed the doors behind her, eager to see who this girl was…
    The door closed behind her and she let go of Ash as she looked at the inside of the building in amazement. Natural sunlight filtered in through the windows and the half open blinds hanging over them as it dyed the wide room a golden yellow. Scrolls were hung up on the wall with giant Japanese kanji on each poster standing for a specific word. White paper walls surrounded them and before them the wall slid open revealing a long hallway as a group of guys were leaving their class session. As soon as they exited through the front doors, Misty, followed by Ash and Pikachu, walked into the hallway. The wooden floor was tediously polished as it reflected their image on the floor and they looked around trying to find a sign of where the classes were. Ash faintly heard someone talking right next to him and he turned to look at where the sound was coming from. It came from behind one of the paper thin walls and he held onto the wooden frame of the wall and slid it open. The whole room was enveloped in silence as everyone stared at him then at Misty who joined him by his side. A large group of blue armored men were sitting cross-legged on the floor listening attentively to the young girl who was standing in front of them giving them directions. The young girl was dressed in a short red v-neck t-shirt that exposed her flat stomach and beige shorts that were too wide for her slender thighs with a mesh net tied tightly around her waist. She wore red and black boots that covered her shins and a black headband that held her messy hair back. Her hair was her strangest feature; it was divided into two colors on each side of her head: on the left side it was a bright pink, on the other side it was a bright green. Her lemon yellow eyes quickly glanced over Misty then remained centered on Ash. She smiled brightly at him that caused Ash (and Misty) to squirm nervously in their place.

“Hi!” she shouted loudly and enthusiastically at Ash, completely ignoring Misty who was eying her suspiciously. He muttered a hello at her, keeping his head ducked down as she stepped closer to him. “Are you here for the class?” He looked up at her and determined this must be the girl he heard so much about. She was definitely attractive, that’s for sure…

“Um not really, I was just looking around….” he lied. She smiled even more widely and she said,

“Well why don’t you join us?” He was about to refuse when she stepped forward and grabbed him by the hand dragging him into the room as she said, “Don’t worry about it. It’ll be fun!” with a wink of her eye.

“Wait! What about Misty?” Ash said looking back at her with a pleading look as she stood still in the doorway.

“Who?” the girl said agitated. She looked back at Misty then flatly said, “Oh. I guess she can come if she wants to.” She quickly turned away from her and dragged Ash into a small changing room that was at the back of the wide room as the whole group looked back at her. Misty ran across the room, not willing to leave her alone with Ash…
    “Alright, before we start the class I need you to get dressed into this armor. You know, for protection…” she said as she handed him a dark blue set of armor that involved a facemask, a chest plate, a hip protector, and gloves. “Also, for purposes of training with us, I need you to wear our dojo clothes.” She handed him a white robe with a mischievous smile on her face as she stood in the room waiting for Ash to get dressed. He looked back at her strangely, wondering what she was still doing there, staring at him.

“Well aren’t you going to get dressed?” she asked with a smile. He looked back at her with his mouth gaping open and he didn’t know how to respond. “Oh I get it now! You don’t know how to get into the robe! Here let me show you…” She giggled as she approached closer to him with her hands extended in front of her as he cowered to the corner of the small room. Just before she could reach him, Misty came barging into the room, her chest heaving up and down as she was trying to catch her breath while at the same time she was trying to yell.

“WHAT…DO YOU….THINK…YOU’RE…DOING?!” The girl turned back and looked at her with curiosity.

“Who are you?” Misty shook her head in disbelief at this girl’s short term memory. “Never mind, it doesn’t matter. Here’s some robes and armor for the class. Go to the next room to change into them, I still have to show this cutie how to put on his robes.” She pinched Ash’s cheek playfully and he blushed from embarrassment. Misty was wide-eyed in horror and her anger was boiling inside her.

“I think Ash can handle it himself…” Misty said dragging the girl out of the room, much to her dislike.
    After Ash and Misty had finished changing into their armor, they walked outside into the classroom to start the lesson with the pink and green haired girl. She smiled at Ash then glared at Misty as they sat down next to each other in the front of the group. Pikachu was sitting right next to Ash, eager to hear what this pretty girl had to teach.

“Hello everyone, my name is Tamara Timber and I’ll be teaching you the basics of the martial art of Kendo. Now for this art, we need to know the basics. Such as the armor you’re wearing, it’s called a bogu and the bamboo sword that we’ll hand out in a minute is called a shinai…”

A few minutes later after everyone received a long bamboo sword with a rounded point, Tamara began to explain the basics of the fighting style.

“Instead of just explaining how to fight and how to win competitions, I decided I’ll show you in a practice match. And the person I choose is…ASH!” He looked around to see if she was addressing him then stood up and reluctantly took his place on the match floor. He pulled the barred facemask down as she made her fighting stance. He copied her stance and as hard as he tried, he couldn’t hear a word she was saying. Before he knew what was happening the referee signaled the start of the match and Tamara thrust forward with her sword. It smacked him on the shoulder then with another swift motion, she smacked him over the head, knocking him off his feet and landing backwards onto the ground. He stood still on the ground as his world revolved around him. As soon as everything began to come to a stop, he saw Misty and Tamara leaning over him with worried expressions.

The whole room was engulfed in laughter as they tried to pull him to his feet, but failed to.

“Ash, are you all right?” Misty asked nervously as they laid him back down.

“I didn’t even hit him that hard, I swear…” Tamara said scratching her pink hair looking down at him. No the pain wasn’t the thing that kept him glued to the ground. The pain was nothing; it was the humiliation of being defeated so easily, in front of a group of guys… by a girl! His face burned in shame as he was lifted easily to his feet by a couple of guys who were snickering under their breath. He returned to his seat with his head hung low in embarrassment with the guys behind him making fun of him some more. Misty and Tamara locked eyes and a silent rivalry was sparked instantly between them.

“For my next demonstration, I would like Misty to be my opponent…” Tamara said solemnly. Misty nodded and the tension between them grew as she took her place across Tamara. The tension filled the room and all of the guys were exclaiming in excitement as they saw Misty and Tamara get ready to fight. Even Ash raised his head, curious to see what was going to happen. The referee raised his hand into the air signaling the beginning of the match. Tamara stepped forward and swung her sword into the air aiming for Misty’s head at full speed. Misty quickly raised her sword and stopped the attack dead in its tracks. The guys whooped and cheered as Misty countered back, aiming for the side of her body, only to be blocked by Tamara. The match was getting even more heated as they attacked each other with full powered swings, the bamboo sounding through the air like a gunshot every time it met with the other sword. She knew this wasn’t going anywhere so Tamara thought of a quick way to end this match. As she stepped forward to swing her sword into the air, she stepped on Misty’s foot and held her in place as she knocked Misty over ending the match. She raised her arms in victory as the guys in the room applauded her, apparently not paying attention or caring about the cheap trick she pulled. Misty stood up, fuming from anger, removed her helmet, then she crept up behind Tamara, and hit her over the head with the plastic helmet. Both helmets flew into the air and Tamara turned around with an expression that seemed to mix pure anger and shock into one. She yelled and leapt on top of Misty pulling at her red hair and knocking them both down to the ground. Misty screamed back as she began clawing away at Tamara. All the guys were all of a sudden silent, watching in shock and disbelief with wide-eyed expressions at the catfight before them. Ash stood up and tried to break up the fight, but as he got closer he was struck in the eye by one of Misty’s misguided punches. He fell down and sighed miserably as his eye was throbbing in pain as he lay motionless on the ground. Before Misty could even get the chance to apologize, Tamara yanked her back down by her hair and they continued to fight. Pikachu looked over at his trainer sprawled out on the ground and then at Misty pulling a fistful of green hair from Tamara’s skull. He shrugged and sighed in embarrassment.
    Ash, Misty, and Tamara had their heads bowed respectfully in the presence of the sensei of the dojo. He was a bald old wrinkled man with a long thin white beard yet with age comes experience and he is considered a lethal weapon with a bamboo sword.

“You should all be ashamed by the manner you have acted in my dojo! This is a place to practice the art that is Kendo, not act like a bunch of uncivilized barbarians swinging at each other wildly!” Each of their bowed heads lowered even more in shame and he stopped scolding them until he looked at Tamara. “And you Tamara… How would you feel if your father had seen you act the way you were acting inside that room?” She closed her eyes as she envisioned the reaction of her father; his face would be completely red with veins popping out as he bellowed at her. She shuddered at the thought and was grateful her father was busily working as of now. The bald sensei saw he had reached her so he calmed down once more. “Why don’t you show our guests around this dojo?” She raised her head in surprise. “To make up for the way you behaved…” he said solemnly. She quickly nodded and stood up. Ash and Misty followed suit, Ash covering his swollen eye with an ice pack, Misty’s hair in a complete mess with scratch marks all across her face. Even Tamara had a fair share of bruises and scratches on her face. They bowed respectfully to the sensei and proceeded to follow Tamara as she led them back to the hallway in front of the classroom.
    She led them down the hall until she reached the end where she slid the paper wall open revealing yet another room, this time only two openings were present in the small square room. She walked to the right door and smiled at Ash as she slid the wall open. She stood in front of the doorway waiting for them as they looked inside curiously. Inside the room, shrill grunts sounded into the air as tiny green creatures     Spoiler:- 6:
    chanted their name as they thrust the small twig they held in each one of their hands following the leader of the pack who was in front of the room leading the class. Ash, Misty, and Pikachu all looked on in amazement and Ash stepped into the room. As Misty began to follow him in, Tamara quickly stepped in front of her and slid the door shut in her face. Misty was at first caught by surprise, but she quickly regained her composure and walked straight through the paper wall, putting a giant hole through the wall as her nostrils flared in anger. She glared at Tamara who returned her glare with a mischievous smirk as she stuck her leg out in front of Misty, tripping her. She hit the ground hard and as she looked up quickly with fire in her eyes, Tamara was already halfway across the room, right next to Ash, holding onto him for protection. Misty growled in rage as she stormed towards them as Ash checked this new pokemon out on his Pokedex.

“Shogra, the Shrub Pokemon. 2’ 1 Grass: The body of this pokemon is completely made out of leaves, covering its true identity, though many scientists speculate it is a plant type of pokemon simply by pointing out the sprout growing out of the top of its head. Unable to protect itself in any other way, this pokemon picks a twig of its own liking and uses it to fend off any attackers. White vines intertwine with each individual leaf of this pokemon’s body keeping them in place. These white vines will produce a custom-made armor specifically tailored for this pokemon’s body as it evolves so it will be able to protect its fragile body from harm; the mask that covers its face is proof of this.”

All of the pokemon in the class stopped their training and gazed at Ash and Misty as they stared back. All of these pokemon were well disciplined and respectful, not once speaking out or acting out of order as they stood still. There was a long silence and Ash looked back at Tamara. She stepped up to them and began to introduce Ash to the class.

“Everybody, this is a good friend of mine, Ash!” Everyone simply greeted him with a loud grunt, everyone except for the teacher of the class; he stood still looking back at Ash silently.

“Ahem!” Misty cleared her throat deliberately.

“Oh and this is Misty, Ash’s friend.” Tamara said with an evil smirk on her face. Misty gave her the iciest glare she could muster as the pokemon greeted her with an even louder grunt and they bowed their heads in respect. They obviously had more respect towards women than men… Yet another long silence passed through the room as Ash shuffled his feet and Misty stared outside of the window.

“Ash, I think it’s about time we leave. It’s getting dark…” Misty said breaking the silence as she drew his attention to the large window at the end of the room. The sky was blood red with the sun already resting behind the horizon of trees, waiting for the moon to take its turn in the sky. He could see that she was right so he quickly nodded and called Pikachu who was trying to speak with one of the stoic Shogra. He gave up and jumped back onto Ash’s shoulder as Tamara stepped in front of them.

“Why are you leaving so soon? I still have something special to show you!” she said, directing all of her attention towards Ash with a grin on her face that unnerved him. Misty stepped in front of Ash and snapped back,

“Well we still have to find the Gym in this town so Ash can earn his second badge and then we can leave as far away from this town as we can get so I won’t have to see your face ever again!” Tamara feigned a look of hurt then quickly smiled mischievously.

“Well I can show you where it is…” Misty huffed at her angrily.

“No thanks, we can just ask around to find the Gym!”

“But I can get you their faster! There’s a shortcut to the Gym at the back of this dojo and I can get you to the Gym before night,” Tamara said with a secret look in her eyes. Before Misty could reject her once again, Ash stepped up from behind her.

“I think it’s a good idea. That way, we won’t have to waste so much time looking for the Gym!” Ash said, speaking directly towards Misty. She tried to fight back, but she knew she was beaten. Tamara clapped her hands in joy then turned to the class of pokemon.

“Alright well you guys know the drift, get back to training!” she yelled harshly and out of character. The class snapped to attention, bowed simultaneously towards Tamara, and began to resume following the leader of the class who was watching them out of the corner of his eye as they walked outside of the room, his eyes centered only on Ash…
    They left the darkening training room to the sounds of loud grunts and yells as they walked across the short room. They reached the exiting door and Tamara slid the white door open. The cool air of the night rushed in and before them was a yard consisting of just grass surrounded by a forest of trees and a small wooden house half-concealed in the forest. They followed Tamara’s lead as she walked towards the house. Upon a closer look, Ash saw that there was a group of people waiting in front of the house with several of their pokemon out. She turned to them and signaled for them to wait for her in front of the door as she mysteriously said,

“I’ll have you inside the Gym shortly…”

She then disappeared behind the house, leaving Ash and Misty waiting in front of the door wondering what all of this had to do with the Gym. Suddenly from behind the house a shrill ringing of a bell could be heard and everyone stopped what they were doing to see what was going to happen next. The door of the dojo slid open abruptly and suddenly, the whole class of Shogra was rushing out of the dojo, running towards the forest with the twigs in their hand sheathed in their belt. They jumped into the trees and immediately disappeared into them as if they were spirits. The last of them disappeared into the forest and then the front door of the wooden shed slid open. A man with a shaved head and a pale white robe let the whole group through the door then shut the door behind him. The house was covered in darkness until the bald-headed man lit a torch and lit the lanterns in the room, illuminating it in an eerie orange glow. The room before them was simple and small; a tall, wide open space with a sole door in the middle of the wall that stood before them. Ash glanced quickly around at the group of trainers that was waiting with them. Standing before the sole door was a girl with short dark green pigtails hidden underneath a black bandana. She wore a short navy blue tank top with tight dark black jeans that reached just above her knees. She had dark blue eyes and she stared at Ash as his eyes passed over hers. She flashed him a quick smile before something tugged at her pants leg. She looked down at what was pulling her leg; a short and stubby red rabbit with fuzzy yellow hair and short ears was trying to get her attention     Spoiler:- 7:

“What’s the matter Insubit?” the girl asked the rabbit in an innocent, almost child-like voice.

Ash raised his eyebrows at this new pokemon, but before he could pull out his Pokedex, the mysterious door that they were waiting in front of opened slowly with no one behind it. The girl quickly entered through the door, followed by the other trainers behind her including Ash and Misty. As they entered through the door, the atmosphere was vastly changed; before them the room was covered with all kinds of green foliage: bushes decorating the side of the room with overhanging trees over the tan dusty soil covering the floor. The other side of the room was wide open and it seemed to be part of the outside forest with all of the trees swaying in the cool breeze of the night and the bushes rustling restlessly in the wind. The room was artificially lighted with white lanterns that hung throughout the room on trees with cables that snaked through the walls and trees. Everyone looked around as to why they were led into the room when a familiar voice rang throughout the room.

“I can only have person at a time; the green haired girl will go first and after that Ash will go next, followed by the brown haired boy and finally the blonde haired girl. Please exit the room if it is not your turn.” The shaved man appeared suddenly from behind the bushes as if he had materialized before their eyes and he escorted the remaining group outside of the room, leaving the green haired girl and her tiny red rabbit to face what was waiting in that room. Ash and Misty were again waiting outside in the simple room along with the other trainers. Ash rested his ear against the door to see if he could hear what was going on, but to no avail. He sighed and looked towards Misty who seemed the least preoccupied with what was in that room.

“Aren’t you wondering what the heck Tamara has us waiting in this house?” Ash asked abruptly, the curiosity eating away at him as it always does. She turned to him at first in surprise at his abrupt remark then stared at him in disbelief at his blank expression.

“You can’t be serious Ash…” He stared back at her with a confused expression. She covered her face shamefully with her hands as soon as she noticed that everyone was staring at him in disbelief, equal to Misty’s expression.

“What?”

“Ash, don’t you wonder why Tamara led us to the ‘shortcut’ to the Gym that just happened to be in the backyard of her dojo?” He still continued to stare at her confusedly. “And how we just happened to stop in a big building that could perfectly house a match floor?” Still nothing…

“Don’t you wonder why there happens to be a bunch of trainers just waiting outside of this ‘building’?” The tall brown haired boy cut in who was brushing the short black hair of his Umbreon.

“Not really…” Ash said, feeling the eyes of everyone in the room close in on him. There was a brief silence followed by the voice of the brown haired boy.

“Wow you’re dense.” Everyone snickered and giggled, even Misty who couldn’t help and laugh at Ash’s increasing stupidity. Ash grimaced at this boy’s comment and at the boy in general. He was a tall and muscular teenager with straight brown hair and brown eyes covered by rectangular eyeglasses and he had garnered the attention of every single girl in the room, especially the curly blonde haired girl who seemed to be as smitten with him as Brock was whenever he saw a pretty girl pass by. Misty grinned at the boy; she couldn’t help, but admit that he was attractive, although he seemed as if he was a bit too young for her… Ash simply slumped down on the ground, crossing his arms without saying another word for the remainder of the time still wondering why the heck he was waiting in front of a stupid door. Minutes later, the door opened abruptly and the girl strutted proudly as she exited through the door with her tiny pokemon mimicking her trainer’s movements. She looked over once again at Ash and once their eyes met, she grinned at him; a grin that seemed to take the breath out of Ash when he realized he wasn’t even breathing! She walked through the front door and once again Ash forgot to check the rabbit with his Pokedex. He cursed at himself for it until the shaved man appeared from behind the door.

“Ash Ketchum you’re up…”

Author's Notes
    I know, you probably want to kill me for leaving you on a cliffhanger... I wouldn't blame you either! Just as a brief note, I know absolutely nothing about Kendo and all of my information I got was from wikipedia so if there's some inconsistencies with the story, just bear with me... Another character I enjoyed making, Tamara was originally planned to be a quiet girl who had a small crush on Ash, but once I had gotten the idea for the catfight, I knew that wouldn't be possible!
    Title Explanation: The Dojo Fiasco... just a random title, that's all!
    Shogra: derived from the two words: Sho + Grass. (if you're curious as to what Sho means it's based on a grading system in Kendo similar to 'black and white belts' in karate. It is the lowest grade on the system, at least that's what I read on wiki when I looked up Kendo...)
    Insubit: combination of: Insulator + Rabbit. Why Insulator? You'll see why in later chapters though anyone is free to make a guess as to why (hint: it has something to do with its evolutions and the type it acquires. )

Well I hoped you all liked this latest installment in my fic. Like I said, Chapter 13 is LONG as hell, but I hope I made it interesting enough. A quick note then I'm done, both Shogra and Insubit are the main starters of this new region. The third type (water) will be revealed later on... Read and review please!
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Of course, I have read the chapter and I loved it so much! I am glad that I make an appearance, though the Pokemon werent as creative as the ones before, but it still has potential! AS you know, I cannot wait for the next chapter and when will I be in the next chapter?

Tamara scares me...seriously she does. ^^; This chapter was interesting, as usual, and I see MistyLover's character in there, I'm sure he'll play a big part in the next chappie. I like those new Pokemon, they're pretty interesting. Good luck on your next chappie!

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Ignitan View Post
    Tamara scares me...seriously she does. ^^; This chapter was interesting, as usual, and I see MistyLover's character in there, I'm sure he'll play a big part in the next chappie. I like those new Pokemon, they're pretty interesting. Good luck on your next chappie!
    Does Tamara scare you because of her harsh side or because she's just plain creepy? I'm actualy pretty curious to know!

MistyLover's character won't come back until another chapter later on, but he will be playing a big role in this fic.

And to be honest MistyLover, I can see why you think they're not as creative as the others I've thought up of. But, they are just the first evos so wait until you see their final form.

And this story will be getting a major upgrade on the AAML side once Chapter 15 comes rolling around. Why? It's all just a matter of time...

(And where are the rest of my reviewers? )
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

I'm back, finally I can review this chapter. I loved the catfight between Misty and Tamara, who scares me more than Ash's denseness. Don't worry about wiki, I did research for a science project using wiki and failed! Sorry for the spam!! Anyway, I'm curious about what the next new pokemon will be, and I'm curious how the final evolutions of Insubit and Shogra turn out. Keep up the excellent work!
    Wish that I could be on more, but life happens. If you need anything, lemme know.

(I'm an English major. I know how to read and write. If you need someone to proofread any fanfiction, I'm your guy.)

Tamara scares me because she's just plain creepy. People who just act that way to get someone to like them...*shiver* it just scares me. ^^

10/10 and good job on the pictures. They really help visualize how the pokemon is supposed to look.

nice chapter el toro. keep 'em coming!
    actually, i think the pokemon were very creative and the whole chapter was very funny. i love catfights.
    ahem. anyway, the chapter seems rushed a little. im not surprised either. ten pages in 2 days? well, it actually isn't that much but i guess it depends on what type of fic your writing.
    anyway, i gotta go. bye

Quote Originally Posted by trickedoutmetagross View Post
    10/10 and good job on the pictures. They really help visualize how the pokemon is supposed to look.
    Glad to see your comment on here! ^_^ And I'm glad that's how you feel about the pokemon, that's exactly what I was striving for when I decided to draw them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerqwer View Post
    nice chapter el toro. keep 'em coming!
    actually, i think the pokemon were very creative and the whole chapter was very funny. i love catfights.
    ahem. anyway, the chapter seems rushed a little. im not surprised either. ten pages in 2 days? well, it actually isn't that much but i guess it depends on what type of fic your writing.
    anyway, i gotta go. bye
    Same here! Actually it was Chapter 13 that I had written in 10 pages and not Chapter 12! ^_^;; But I do agree with you on the fact that maybe it could use a little bit more description.

Well the first week has passed by some a brief Status Check should be in order here:
    *sighs* I haven't fully revised Chapter 13 yet and I haven't begun writing Chapter 14 yet (though it is fully planned out so it shouldn't so it shouldn't to write!) Unfortunately, I am falling behind so I'm going to try to catch up instead of playing Legend of Zelda! XD

Just as a brief note, Shipping Oscars are coming up and nominations are ending on March 9th so make sure you vote for your favorite fics *hint hint*
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Aquaflowr is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Wow, amazing story el toro. I really like the amount of description you put in there. It really helped me visualize the scene better. And I like the pictures. They give you a good idea of what the pokemo's supposed to look like (when I read the descrption before looking at the picture I came up with a completely different mental image, lol, so the pictures really helped me!) Plus, the Pokeshipping is so cute!!!!!! Can I please be on the PM list?
    +Proud Pokeshipper+
    "Two Lovers...one torn away by his dreams, the other, torn away by her duty...the universe weeps for them."- Chaos Emperer
    Banner credit to MistyMix89

Alright Aquaflowr, you're on too!

PM List
    Artemis Ignitan
    crystal-zephyr
    Esperon
    MistyLover
    QuixMystique647
    qwerqwer
    shoujaoi-fangirl
    Xumahare
    XxM!styxX
    Orenji-chan
    xXPorygonXx
    Demonic Dialga
    trickedoutmetagross
    Aquaflowr

Glad you like the fic! A brief note: next week is HSPA week which is basically the state test for those who don't live in Joisey. So that's gonna be stressful... :S I'll try to work on the fic more, but for now I'm sorry to say, but I haven't made that much headway into the next chapter. The good thing about that chapter though is there's no new pokemon so it should go up a lot more faster. And also next week, I'll be purchasing a laptop so that way I can dedicate a lot of time into this fic.
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Alright silverdragoon you've been added!

PM List
    Artemis Ignitan
    crystal-zephyr
    Esperon
    MistyLover
    QuixMystique647
    qwerqwer
    shoujaoi-fangirl
    Xumahare
    XxM!styxX
    Orenji-chan
    xXPorygonXx
    Demonic Dialga
    trickedoutmetagross
    Aquaflowr
    silverdragoon X
    Zino (EDIT)

Nice to see some new readers around here! It really boosts my confidence with this fic, just to know that my hard work isn't ill spent! ^_^

Also, I've kept forgetting to ask, but I've finally remebered so here it is:
    Anyone else interested in being a part of this fic?
    Here's the list I have so far of people who've been in this fic and who have requested (bolded are the ones who will appear later on, unbolded have already made their appearance):

Character List

legendarypokemonjunkie17
    Artemis Ignitan
    Esperon
    qwerqwer
    shadow_shipper
    Chaos Emperor
    Jacob the Lugia Rider (EDIT)
    trickedoutmetagross (EDIT)

shoujaoi-fangirl
    MistyLover (cameo for now, but will appear later on)

If you want to appear in this fic, give me a PM (no posts on this thread please or else I'll report it as spam) and we'll discuss details.

And as more proof on how I keep my word, shadow_shipper will be appearing in Chapter 14. On that note: Chapter 14-no progress, Chapter 13-almost finished after some heavy revision towards the ending. I will begin work on Chapter 14 hopefully some time during this week since I have some days off from work.

EDIT (3/8/07): Seeing as how I didn't feel like putting up a new post, I've decided to edit this post instead! (Check the PM list and the character list, as I'm going to call it from now on, if your interested. And welcome Zino!)
    Last edited by el_toro; 8th March 2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: revisions to the lists
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

I loved the 12th and 11th chapter's el_toro! ^^ They were wonderful!

The new pokemon seem to be very well-drawn and also have very interesting apperances!

I would give these two chapters a 10/10.

Can't wait for the next one!
    ~Orenji-chan

Thanks Orenji-chan, it's great to see that you liked it!

Well as a brief status check, I've started work on Chapter 14 (at last) and I've drawn one of the pokemon in the next new chapter (out of three new guys you'll see). I've also finally bought a laptop so I'l be able to spend more time on this fic since I won't have to wait for my turn if I want to use the computer.

And that's where the complications start...

Microsoft has been a considerable pain in my *****! I've tried setting up Office and it keeps telling me that my free trial has expired after ONE FREAKIN' DAY and I am currnetly broke at the moment (after having just purchased the laptop) so I cannot purchase it. So keeping that in mind, I can't type up my fic! PLUS, I have to wait for my sister to install the wireless router onto the computer so I'm stuck without Internet as well. So as you can see, this laptop hasn't been helping much. But other than that, hopefully in the next week, I'll be back to normal and can resume work on this fic.
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Microsoft has been a considerable pain in my *****!
    what else is new ?

APPLE POWAAAAAAA xD

Just take your time my friend, we're not going anywhere
    Well, you do have a tight timetable...plus if your working tools let you down, I don't see how you're going to get any work down ^_^

oho...I guess I didn't review on the last chapter...I've allready told you a few things I though were nice, but if you want : I'll leave a propper review here...

later !
    Because of serebiiforums, my Life has been put on hold...

...wait, that sounds wrong...
    ...yeah, it's the other way around.

My Works : A, B, C, D, E

I feel that I should owe my readers an explanation as to why I'm taking so long so I might as well post up my plans.

I'm actually writing another Pokeshipping story at the moment and have taken a brief hiatus off of this fic in the meanwhile. The story that I have begun to write will be a three part story and I'm writing it at the moment because of the 10 year anniversary of Pokeshipping coming up this Sunday, sort of a celebration to all the years of PSing and also to show that the PSing community is still alive after all of these years and a few share of hardships.

I will be posting up the story this Sunday (if there isn't some kind of April Fool's Joke that will prevent me so! O_o) and I will finish it exactly one week later. I already have one and a half chapters done so once I'm finished writing it, I will resume work for this fic.

I'm really sorry to all of my readers who are waiting for the next chapter eagerly. I promise to make it worth you while and also I will try to shape up on my waiting length from now on.

(In response to your post Sableye King, the new fic will be called No One Knows But You. It will have three chapters and takes place in a school setting, but it is not reserved solely in class. In fact the only time it actually takes place in class is in the beginning which was only added just to introduce everything. It also features a special twist in the end, but that's a secret! )
    Last edited by el_toro; 29th March 2007 at 4:52 AM.
    Read and Review my Fic:
    A Journey of Souls

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast