Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435

Thread: Information About the Infraction Point System

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    I'm just as surprised that signature violations are extremely important. I was banned last week for signature violations but didn't even know. The mods removed my sig once, but I received no notice of infraction. After that, I tried to put my sig back with a slightly smaller banner (it was removed because it was too wide apparently) and I was banned.
    The Sig Violations are seperate to this system. You do get 2 stikes before a ban. 5 Stikes and you loose the ability to edit the signature. (Although, we have forgetten and I've managed to get a 6th Strike in.)

Since I became staff, Most Staff who are applying them, must ask a Smod or Admin to apply the ban. So You will get the 3rd or later, Sig Stike then get banned hours later, which is the case for you. (I can see who gave it you, and the notice for the ban.)
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    The Sig Violations are seperate to this system. You do get 2 stikes before a ban. 5 Stikes and you loose the ability to edit the signature. (Although, we have forgetten and I've managed to get a 6th Strike in.)

Since I became staff, Most Staff who are applying them, must ask a Smod or Admin to apply the ban. So You will get the 3rd or later, Sig Stike then get banned hours later, which is the case for you. (I can see who gave it you, and the notice for the ban.)
    If you mean see who was responsible for me being banned then yes please! I was shocked I wasn't warned the first time. I was banned in minutes! I wasn't given hours of time, it was a matter of a few minutes :P
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

But you had the two prvious warnings; I can see them in your User Notes (top of your profile page underneath your username/user title). Sure, they're a few years old but sig violations don't expire. As for it being minutes after your third sig strike, I guess at the time a super-mod was on and noticed the request to apply the sig ban at the time - it's not always a few hours (just usually) but more a matter of timing. Alternatively in cases it's the smod who givees the third sig strike and so they do it all right then and there.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

With that said, what if a Mod tells a Smod to ban a member for a sig violation but when the said Smod gets on the Member already changed their sig to something within the rules. Does the Member still get banned, or how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    With that said, what if a Mod tells a Smod to ban a member for a sig violation but when the said Smod gets on the Member already changed their sig to something within the rules. Does the Member still get banned, or how does that work?
    Still gets banned because mods only say someone needs banning after the 3rd/4th/5th sig strike is given so it being changed shouldn't change anything. If the system was different in that mods could do bans for it then they would be banned then and there so the delay doesn't change a thing. (Plus it'd be iffy not to ban just because someone had the 'luck' to be on and change it before an smod is when others don't with time zones and all).

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Ah ok, now what if the same thing happend, but insted of changing the sig, the person posted in the Sig check thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jb08045 View Post
    Ah ok, now what if the same thing happend, but insted of changing the sig, the person posted in the Sig check thread?
    -facepalm- Does it REALLY MATTER???
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    What was that Regarde. I couldn't hear you with all of that dick in your mouth.

^Greatest Cosplay Evar^

Acctually yes. I change my sig quite alot and im on a netbook so my pixel size doesn't match up sometimes, or atleast im not used to it yet, so yeah.

Again, if it's after they recieved the sig violation user note (and we can check the timing of both) then the ban still happens.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Again, if it's after they recieved the sig violation user note (and we can check the timing of both) then the ban still happens.
    I NEVER received either of the two I was "supposed" to get before being banned. I can see only the Sig violation from 2007 on my CP. The two newest infractions never appeared on my CP, and I never received any notice of the violation.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

You honestly cannot see this?
        Spoiler:- Two pics:

They're usernotes, not infractions, and it should be obvious when the signature gets an additonal mod message/replaced with such a message that it broke the rule and all. =/

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Yeah, I probably should have realized that, but I didn't get any notification of those user notes (I haven't been able to find my user notes for over a year ). It's not like it's the most obvious thing in the world when you get a user note considering how small the font is for that section of your profile.

Well, next time, I'll just have to be a little bit more careful so I don't have to go through this again
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Yeah, I probably should have realized that, but I didn't get any notification of those user notes (I haven't been able to find my user notes for over a year ). It's not like it's the most obvious thing in the world when you get a user note considering how small the font is for that section of your profile.

Well, next time, I'll just have to be a little bit more careful so I don't have to go through this again
    ._. I just found out what Usernotes were after reading this and found out I had one for a sig thing.

What I don't understand is why are they permanent? I wouldn't think Sig Infractions are the worst thing on this site unless you had inappropriate material ^^;
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Because signature rules are tbh easy to abide by so if someone keeps breaking them then a ban tends to help them noticed; especially when everyone is free to use the signature check thread as well (linked to in the signature rules) meaning that if one is unsure they can also have it checked first. If they expired (which can't be done unlike infractions I believe automatically anyway) then people could easily just keep breaking them until a mod noticed and then wait it out, and if we did it as infractions it'd be less straightforward in checking how many other times a user broke the signature rules.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Does mentioning wrong-gen Pokemon like 'Arceus' in the Pokemon R/B/Y forum get you infracted? And can staff forget to apply infractions?
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    Does mentioning wrong-gen Pokemon like 'Arceus' in the Pokemon R/B/Y forum get you infracted?
    Infracted? I highly highly highly doubt it.
    Frowned upon and possibly told off? Possibly.
    And can staff forget to apply infractions?
    Umm, what? Staff are human too, if you haven't realised already, and perhaps might 'forget' to apply an infraction, but since we have a fairly large moderator team on SPPf, if one mod forgets to give an infraction for some inconceivable reason, another would probably hand one out instead.

The system makes impossible for more than one infraction to be applied to one post. We can even see on the post that you got one. (You can actually see the ones you received if they are not deleted)

Most of the staff of a section get emails of your reports. So more than one member of staff will usually look at it.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Are sig violations stacked together with Infractions to determine whether someone is banned? Or do only the infraction points count toward bans?
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Are sig violations stacked together with Infractions to determine whether someone is banned? Or do only the infraction points count toward bans?
    They are separate systems. Bans due to points are done by the Forums, and are instantly applied when you reach 15 20 points or higher.

Sig Strikes are done by staff, and require SMod or Admin to apply the ban.

PS You may want to head to the Sig check thread or number 4 will come soon.
    Last edited by Nutter t.KK; 20th August 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Whoops, that's not offical, yet.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Ok, thank you. Someone who misunderstood a VM I sent took it as mocking him, so he threatened to report me if I ever VMed or PMed him again. I didn't want to get banned if he actually got me in trouble. I really need to explain it, but he wouldn't let up after I got Jigglychu to explain. I've decided to just explain it myself and risk it. I've only got 3 points, so it's no a huge risk anyway...
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435