Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Information About the Infraction Point System

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Flibble View Post
    ...interesting.

Just a quick question though - about the swearing one, is that swearing abuse, or is that just swearing full stop? I would dislike it if I were unable to swear just once in a while, and I would just like that cleared up, thanks.
    Same here.

I was wondering that as well.

Credit for the image goes to NickelBuckle9, a Gaia Online user

The team pictured above is my in-game team for SoulSilver. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Myst View Post
    SInce I am posting, I may as well mention that this is a bad solution to a problem that is easy to, solve, well, at least the spam portion...
    Mind explaining why this solution is bad, or what some better ones would be?

Sure, this isn't the only good solution. But it certainly looks good in theory. I'm not blindly supporting it until I've seen it in action over a period of weeks, but it appears to be thought out well, and it's certainly easier for any forum's staff to adapt to a method they've developed themselves than to modify another forum's methods to suit their needs.

I added screenshots to the first post now.

With quotes, it's people who quote amssive sections in one go like say the entire Fanfiction Rules then add one line of their own underneath. Completely pointless, damn annoying :S

On the sears, I've only ever gone for anybody who who goes seriously over the top. Never seen any problem with wth wtf and such. It's the messages that seem nothing but *'s, then there might be a problem

Sandra
    Ruler of the Fics.

I'm pretty busy right now so if you need to get hold of me PLEASE PM. I'll get the email notification a lot faster.

It's the button beside the quote so you can quote more then one member like what I just done below.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon rulez!!!!! View Post
    Yes I was wondering this to. Thanks Virtual Headache because my computer is very slow most of the time on the fourms.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Drew~ View Post
    Uh....Don't be so sure.
    Glitches and Errors can occur with this process.

But, It's unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Martini View Post
    this new system is good! farewell spammers!

one question: what is this multi-quote thing?

I like these new methods, and they will doubtlessly be very effective in the future. However, I can't figure out how you view these points, as I've thoroughly checked my User CP and profile and they're nowhere to be seen.

-Click the banner to read-

Want Pokemon forums with Custom-Avatars, a funky Jukebox, and no n00bs or spam whatsoever? Then come to HitmonNet, the greatest webpage on t3h internetz!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Very good system, Joe!

But, um, about the double,triple,ect.,ect., what if it was by accident?

I doubt some people would purposly post the same exact thing 2/3/4/5/6+ times in a row within the same topic. Just wondering.
    This has already been said: There will be no punishment if it has happened accidently.

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Martini View Post
    this new system is good! farewell spammers!

one question: what is this multi-quote thing?
    If you want to quote more than one person, click this button in everybody's post you want to quote:

Use the advanced reply and all of these posts will be quoted, no need to copy and paste everyone's post you want to quote.

Button by WereDragn
    Looking for Feedback (no registration required)
    (oh yeah, if you didn't know, my PM box is still full...)

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Headache
    If you want to quote more than one person, click this button in everybody's post you want to quote:

Use the advanced reply and all of these posts will be quoted, no need to copy and paste everyone's post you want to quote
    ok i get it now
    *Mega Fairies*

Quote Originally Posted by Komedic Konservationist View Post
    I like these new methods, and they will doubtlessly be very effective in the future. However, I can't figure out how you view these points, as I've thoroughly checked my User CP and profile and they're nowhere to be seen.
    They may not appear until you break the rules. I'm not going to try it.^__^;

~PR!!!!!

This system will help alot of people, serebii.

Hrm, I dunno if I like this.

It certainly seems fair, that's for sure. But it looks like Modding is going a bit...over-the-top? Like, I know some things are pretty serious, but is this perhaps being treated too seriously?

And yeesh, this whole point system makes me feel like the whole driving point thing. @_@ I have my Drivers' Permit Test in a week and I still don't know if passing a stopped school bus is 3 or 5 points...

Really. This is kind of neat and all, but at the same time it's just a bit wtf. :/

And on swearing, first off it's allowed in certain places, like FacFiction and RPGs (in some cases, at least) so mentioning that might settle some stomachs.
    And also, would you still get points off for saying things like 'f***/ing', 'sh*t' or whatever if one or more letters are replaced? Or what if I told someone to get off their lazy 'arse' or said 'effing'?
    And sometimes people swear in a joking matter. To their friends, I mean. Like "hey *friend*, this fic is f***ing awesome! *insert rest of review here*" or even "well, *friend* was busy cuz he just sits on his *ss all day, right, dude? XDXDXD"

Will you still get points off in such cases? I know it's only one point and not the end of the world, but I'd like to know for ah, future references.
    :3 rawr.

~Psychic

Pokéthon was a huge success! Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event!

I think this is wonderful new addition to the Serebii forums ^-^ Great job Joe & Jess! This method is really easy to understand, and it also will help people keep track of what they did wrong *nods*

Keep up the wonderful work! <3

*~*~*~*Pokemon Fan since 09/29/98*~*~*~*~
    Rainbow Houndour by Mega Trickster, Recolor Houndour
    and Houndour banner by Slicing_Scizor. Thank you guys <3333

This is a great idea, hopefully it will prevent abuse more
    (Don't ask about my username, I registered in 2006 but I'll request a change the next time its possible)
    Feel free to send me a visitor message or private message
    I accept all friend invites
    -------------------------
    Lakepower Forums - http://www.lakepower.net/
    Lakepower Chat - http://www.lakepower.net/misc.php?do...Lakepower_Chat
    -------------------------

Are the sig violation rules still the same after this?

Could you give us a list of what is considered foul language? While some may think "Damn" or "Hell" is foul, others don't. Is that rule more of, don't invade the censors (like, putting a "." after the "F" in the "F word" to keep it shown) or what?

Oh, yes, nice system... I like it alot... It'll keep me from partially flaming bad writers. ;-; But I have a question... What are chain PM's?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragonite View Post
    Are the sig violation rules still the same after this?
    Yes, like already mentioned numreous times.

Button by WereDragn

You know about Chain emails, like where one person sends to another. and that person sends to another, and it keeps going on?

Thats. A chain PM.

Hm...Psychic asked the question I was going to ask... ^-^ So I'll just post saying that I'm going to enjoy the Multi-quote. I've been waiting for these forums to get that for a while, and it is needed in certain sections, like the Debate forum, as Sunkern said.

Interesting that mini-modding is a warnable offence. So, I now wonder if those who respond to spam topics saying "This is spam!" will get both spamming warnings and mini-modding warnings?

I ask the strangest questions. <.<

Now it at least give people chances to smarten up. Congrats on the new system, and I hope it works for a very long time!

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

Pure Trolling - 100 Points - Does Not Expire - No Warning

- I hope this goes into effect in the Other Console forums where people just come in PS3 SUCKS LOLZ OMG get a WII ITS SO COOL without any kind of debate/attachment to an arguement behind it.

Overall the system is cool, but some stuff like petty bickering/fun jabs at each other can be seen by other mods as something different. Like how sometimes little bickers occur in the anime forum, it's all in good fun, but I can see a SERIOUS MOD coming in and taking points away.
    Pokemaster Justin
    "Born to be a winner. Born to be a champion. Born to be the very best."

Worst. Pokemon. EVER.

Let's hope the new warning system works. And nice, you enabled multi-quote.

BTW, I got a suggestion for the warning system. How about also giving points for bypassing the 10 character minimum? By that, I mean this, for example:

Yes*10char*
    Pikachu......

This is sometimes annoying, especially on the Games forum.

Hey Joe - yay *claps hands* - finally a valid way to do moderation - good job to everyone who came up with the idea.

~Scott

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Quote Originally Posted by Chain of Memories View Post

BTW, I got a suggestion for the warning system. How about also giving points for bypassing the 10 character minimum? By that, I mean this, for example:

Yes*10char*
    Pikachu......

uhhh, Game forums are games they don't need some long explanation of if you know the guy or if you like his sig. Game Forums shouldn't have a limit.

This is my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Chain of Memories View Post

Yes*10char*
    Pikachu......

Well, this would mos likely count as spam, since posts like that are useless...

Button by WereDragn

How do we view are points?

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast