Thread: Super Mario Thread

Default Super Mario Thread

I don't think we've ever had a thread dedicated to the Super Mario Bros franchise before, so with the announcement of Super Mario Odyssey, this seems like a good time to make one.

So what are everyone's thoughts on the game so far? I think it looks absolutely amazing. It seems to have everything I want from a Mario game and more. I can't wait to learn more about it.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

For news, reviews, info on my games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon, including pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Join us as we celebrate Ash's 20th 10th Birthday!

The real world location surroundings remind me of a mesh between the Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed.

(I'm not saying that the quality looks like 06 as much as the rendition.)

I guess Bowser is ready after what happened in Super Paper Mario. LOL!

Overall, like any Mario game, I'm looking forward to it, but the real world surroundings are kind of bizarre to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    The real world location surroundings remind me of a mesh between the Sonic 06 and Sonic Unleashed.

(I'm not saying that the quality looks like 06 as much as the rendition.)

I guess Bowser is ready after what happened in Super Paper Mario. LOL!

Overall, like any Mario game, I'm looking forward to it, but the real world surroundings are kind of bizarre to me.
    If I understood things correctly, the purpose of this game is Mario traveling to various worlds or lands. The New York setting is just one of those "magical" worlds. The best way to interpret the fact that we have Mario standing next to a realistic person is that these people are just another type "magical" denizen along the lines of Toads, Piantas, Pink Bomb-omb, Luma, etc. I personally think it's wacky in all the right ways.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

For news, reviews, info on my games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon, including pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website. Join us as we celebrate Ash's 20th 10th Birthday!

Nah, there is only one globe there in the logo and in the ship. It is just one big world adventure, Sanic style.

The New York setting is called New Donk City and has all sorts of references to Kong series, but particularly the original Kong and it homages the shift from Jumpman era and original Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

It's about time we got a sandbox Mario game again. Exploration based platformers are such a rarity nowadays, Mario's been going classic linear style for so long now, this is the breath of fresh air that the series really needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Nah, there is only one globe there in the logo and in the ship. It is just one big world adventure, Sanic style.
    That's why I said worlds or lands, instead of just worlds. Even if they're all on the same globe, they pretty much seem like their own little (or rather big) world. Regardless, it's all fun stuff.

Check it out!

It's definitely nice to see us going back to a Super Mario 64/Sunshine kind of Mario game for sure! I enjoyed Galaxy and 3D World a lot but even then, I can't wait for bigger exploration, especially with how nice the worlds look! Plus there's some liveliness judging by the city and the western-town place which is always appreciated.
    Last edited by Dragalge; 14th January 2017 at 4:07 AM.

I have to say, this is the most interested in a Mario game I've been for a while. And I'm a big Mario fan to boot and loved the previous 3D games, too.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

My fanfiction.net profile

It's an hour and a half long, but this video does an excellent job at analyzing and dissecting the Super Mario Odyssey reveal trailer. If you have the time and are interested in the game, I highly suggest you watch it.

Check it out!

Wow this thread is almost dying

So I've recently started playing Super Mario World and I was surpised when I got hit as Fire Mario and reverted to Small Mario. I've always been used to the fact that you would revert to Super Mario instead. Sure, storing power-ups was introduced, but I still don't understand why Nintendo did this.

Please do not refer to me as vanillite1 anymore. I'm now known as Superteletubbies64
    I've claimed Komachi Onozuka (the above girl), Celesteela, SSBWU and stuff (still waiting approval)
    Roll to Dodge, a game where your fate is decided by a simple dice roll. Join now!

Quote Originally Posted by vanillite1 View Post
    Wow this thread is almost dying

So I've recently started playing Super Mario World and I was surpised when I got hit as Fire Mario and reverted to Small Mario. I've always been used to the fact that you would revert to Super Mario instead. Sure, storing power-ups was introduced, but I still don't understand why Nintendo did this.
    To be fair, this was only the fourth Mario game, and they were still figuring things out. Likely their thought process was it was a way of balancing out the fact that you could carry an extra power up in your stock.

Anyways, hope you enjoy Mario World, it is easily my favorite 2D Mario game, and was actually the first video game I ever owned.

Check it out!

Quick question. Do we have to talk about just 2D and 3D Mario platformers, or are we also allowed to talk about spin-offs like Mario Kart and Mario Party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    Quick question. Do we have to talk about just 2D and 3D Mario platformers, or are we also allowed to talk about spin-offs like Mario Kart and Mario Party?
    It's a general Mario thread, so anything in the franchise is fine.

Check it out!

OK then. Does anyone think there will be any Switch-exclusive DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Me, I think there will be two packs just like the Wii U version, each with three characters, four kart pieces, and two new cups with eight new tracks.

OK then. Does anyone think there will be any Switch-exclusive DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Me, I think there will be two packs just like the Wii U version, each with three characters, four kart pieces, and two new cups with eight new tracks.
    Speaking of potential DLC characters, who would you all like to see as new DLC characters?
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

My fanfiction.net profile

I think substantial DX dlc makes sense only if they dont plan on MK9. Not that I see MK9 dropping soon regardless, but I could see them saving that effort for a full fledged MK9 with its ow ndealies.

If there's DLC I could see it more like...little packs of stuff. Carts, battle mode courses, some characters. Things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    Speaking of potential DLC characters, who would you all like to see as new DLC characters?
    What I'd like to see is the total transformation of this game into Smash Bros. Kart and have them go all-out with the introduction of other Nintendo characters like Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, and the like, but I know that's not completely realistic.

More realistically, I've always wanted Paper Mario to be a character, along with a stage that takes place in the Paper Mario world. That would be really cool if only because of how outrageous it would be to see Paper Mario racing alongside normal Mario characters, or normal Mario characters racing in the Paper Mario world. The major references Color Splash made to Mario Kart only made me want it to happen even more, and went a long way towards fueling my hopes for it.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mew2 View Post
    Birdo, Diddy Kong, Nabbit, and special guests R.O.B., Captain Falcon and Samurai Goroh.

I can't wait to get super mario run in a couple of days. I've had to wait way to long since I have an android DX

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!