Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Account

Default Nintendo Account

Last edited by Dragalge; 29th October 2015 at 4:17 AM.

Couldn't they think of a better name than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Considering that this is the same company that gave us the New 3DS, I imagine not. They really need a better Western marketing department.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

We never heard the end of these comments when it comes to their names. I don't mind the name as long as the service is good.

~ Well, to be fair, they offered ham to me. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Don't care much about the name. Nintendo Club was hardly an inspiring name as well - more interested in how it actually works.

Wonder if it'll backup save files with its cloud service? :V
    On top of this, there will be a new point system for playing or buying games that can be used on both digital goods and physical goods, but the big news is that you'll be able to earn points just by using and playing games. Perhaps this is an indication of some sort of achievement system on the way, but at this point it's unclear.
    That's interesting in itself.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

I'm just glad that they seem to be taking it seriously.

I like the name; not much room for confusion.

I don't really care one way or another for name. It's simple. It works.

Interesting that they seem to infer that the mobile games will connect to real games (assuming I was reading that right). I guess that might actually give me a real incentive to play the mobile games if they do it right.

Edit: So what's this then? Did they just get the name wrong, or did the other article get it wrong?
    Last edited by Bguy7; 29th October 2015 at 7:00 AM.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Did they just get the name wrong, or did the other article get it wrong?
    Neither. As it says in the article:

My Nintendo is part of a bigger initiative, called Nintendo Account, that will bridge the company's software across Nintendo devices, PCs, and smart devices.
    Nintendo Account is the larger initiative that will serve to replace everything that's currently under the Nintendo Network, and more. "My Nintendo" is, among other things, the rewards program within that initiative that will replace what was Club Nintendo.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Neither. As it says in the article:

Nintendo Account is the larger initiative that will serve to replace everything that's currently under the Nintendo Network, and more. "My Nintendo" is, among other things, the rewards program within that initiative that will replace what was Club Nintendo.
    Oh, alright. I had forgotten about that part by the time I read the other article. Thanks.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old.
    Check it out!

Also, for news, reviews, info on my custom games Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, a Special Episode, and features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Upon reading the articles, I strongly expect Nintendo to penetrate deeper into the mobile market. Whether it's successful or not will change over time.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

getting cool stuff just by playing games is awesome

nintendo getting into the mobile market is also wesome

just pokemon shuffle and pokemon go isn't enough

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    You monster.
    5 more players needed for roll to dodge

An eternity too late, but better late than never. Welcome to 2005, Nintendo!

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

One of the writers for the PotW, and apparently the keeper of sanity and order.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Just registered mine. I wonder how it'll go from here...

~ Well, to be fair, they offered ham to me. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Special: "Baby, Baby, Baby."

Based on the "ニンテンドーアカウント " and the profile's Edit button directing you to their FAQ, I would say this isn't quite complete yet.

That said, it seems like it was designed by human beings during this decade, which is a promising sign.

I tried registering but I haven't gotten my verification code yet, even after clicking resend a few times. I contacted Nintendo about the matter. I'm really upset. Not a good month so far for me what with Satan (sic) Manning winning the Super Bowl.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    I tried registering but I haven't gotten my verification code yet, even after clicking resend a few times. I contacted Nintendo about the matter. I'm really upset. Not a good month so far for me what with Satan (sic) Manning winning the Super Bowl.
    If your email is through yahoo then it takes a while. I first tried my yahoo but when it wasn't working like the same problems you're having I tried my gmail and got the verification code instantly.
    Credit to FairyWitch for everything in my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    You'll be okay. As said, it takes a while. And because you hit resend a few times, you're going to get an equal number of code e-mails, only the last of which will be valid, so keep that in mind. It's not really something to be upset about.

-----
    Words to|live by

Miitomo pre-registration up.

We doin' a new thread for this?

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by What is Miitomo?
    Miitomo is a new way to bring you and your friends together like never before. Would you expect anything less from Nintendo?
    Okay, okay, calm down, Ninty.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 17th February 2016 at 6:45 AM.

If you're having trouble registering and are here to make sure we all know how unhappy you are, please keep in mind that A. registration just started, as in literally today, and B. after registering there is absolutely nothing you can do right now save pre-register for Miitomo, so you're not missing anything. It's not like the dying throes of Club Nintendo, where not being able to get in meant you might miss out on the reward you wanted.

-----
    Words to|live by

Okay, registered to both this and Miitomo. Was surprised registration was so quick and easy on mobile.

You are Slave.
    Want emancipation?

Yeah I'm waiting on a couple of days till the registrations are stable.

Miitomo's details are nice.

Finally registered this morning. And I pre-registered for the other thing that comes out soon too don't know what it's called right off the bat.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death

So what in the world is the reasoning for preregistering. It's not like there's a limited number of copies available or something like that. A little silly if you ask me.

Even though I don't plan on using Miitomo, I did preregister, just because they're offering reward points.

Check it out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast