Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals

Default Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals

Just wondering if anyone else has this game. I hopefully expect to see some of the regulars from the old Spectrobes Thread here...

Anyway, I picked it up yesterday. Great game; I've been playing for 17 hours already. It is definitely a vast improvement over the original title, which was pretty decent. As for graphics, it's honestly one of the best-looking games on the DS right now. Also, Mobi Clip Video Codec is way better than Actimagine in terms of FMV quality... more games should use Mobi Clip nowadays.

Spoiler:- My Progress:

Unfortunately, like its predecessor, I can see this game becoming one of the most underrated titles of the year...
    Last edited by The Thrashmeister; 10th October 2008 at 3:36 AM.
    not dead

So...does this game have a map?

I never realized how much I liked maps till I played the first Spectrobes.

Oh yeah.
    If you didn't notice, the top screen in the original title was mainly useless... now they've replaced it with party statistics and a map. All of the action happens on the bottom screen now.

And I just beat the game. Whoo.
    Final boss battle(s) definitely trumps the old one by miles...
    not dead

Where did you get the game? I saw it on the Nintendo site and was like Whhooaaa! Awesome! And could you please tell me if there is any new Spectropes.
    This is Bidoof. Everybody hates him for no reason. If you think Bidoof should be treated with respect, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Surfer Treecko

Aipom=Awesome! Do you think Aipom is awesome? If you do, let him hang in your signature. (Started by major may)

I got the game at GameStop... it should be available at all major retailers.
    And yeah, there's a total of 185 Spectrobes in the game; 112 of which are new.

You can check out the Wikipedia article on the game, most of which I happened to write myself. :P
    not dead

I enjoyed the original game and I'm getting used to this one, Im currently stuck on that green planet (not Daichi, Fons (I think its called that)), and the Krawl there hit hard so I can not excavate any new fossils or minerals! Do I need to evolve my Spectrobes to the evolved level?

Also, can I have a list of all the games planets and what star system they're in? It will give me some help!(I can't believe Himuro and Meido are not in the game.......)
    Last edited by Masterge77; 13th October 2008 at 2:50 PM.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Does it still involve collectable cards
    and mods smell, like crap

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    I enjoyed the original game and I'm getting used to this one, Im currently stuck on that green planet (not Daichi, Fons (I think its called that)), and the Krawl there hit hard so I can not excavate any new fossils or minerals! Do I need to evolve my Spectrobes to the evolved level?

Also, can I have a list of all the games planets and what star system they're in? It will give me some help!(I can't believe Himuro and Meido are not in the game.......)
    As far as I know, you're not gonna get very far with adult Spectrobes.
    Have you cleared the dark lake yet? If you have, there's a whole bunch of dark Spectrobe fossils buried in the dark lake area, which you can dig up after you clear it.
    If not... well, you'll just have to make do with regular Spectrobes for now. Try to evolve them, though.

Or hey, I could always sell you some strong Spectrobes on the market. :P

And here's your planet list:
    Nanairo
    Genshi
    Daichi
    Kollin
    Nessa
    Ziba (Akaboshi, Aoboshi)
    Portal 1
    Portal 2
    Portal 3

Fubuki
    Hyoga
    Portal 1

Kagero
    Fons (Satellite)
    Darkmos
    Portal 2

Hakaba
    Nox
    Malik
    Portal 3

Sorry if I missed any, but that's all I can remember.

As for Himuro and Meido being removed, it would be nice if they were included as "secret" planets that you could access after you beat the game... or perhaps in a sidequest. Unfortunately there's not much to do after you beat the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Flame View Post
    Does it still involve collectable cards
    Yes, of course.
    Last edited by The Thrashmeister; 13th October 2008 at 5:09 PM.
    not dead

I thought Portal 3 lead to what was once Giorna, where Aldous came from....

It is possible that Himuro and Meido will return in the third Spectrobes game if there is one......... One more thing, if you listen REALLY close to the Hyoga background music, it sound similar to Himuro's music, that's what I think.......

Another thing, will the cards for the original Spectrobes game work on BtP?

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

I thought Portal 3 lead to what was once Giorna, where Aldous came from....
    Yeah, I really thought we'd see Giorna in this game. Or at least, some survivors from Giorna. Besides Aldous.

Another thing, will the cards for the original Spectrobes game work on BtP?
    Yup. You have to get past a certain part in the game though.

Also, do you have a friend code yet? Wanna register me?
    My code is 1977-3124-1058.
    Last edited by The Thrashmeister; 13th October 2008 at 6:58 PM.
    not dead

I might get this game when it comes out but I don't know.
    Omega Ruby Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I might get this game when it comes out but I don't know.
    Wow, did you read the first post at all? It's been out for almost a week.

Also, I thought this was pretty cool, haha:

Spoiler:- Play time:
    Last edited by The Thrashmeister; 14th October 2008 at 1:00 AM.
    not dead

Uuuhhh..... what was that for? And why are you on Nessa and not wherever youre supossed to be?

And I finnaly got past the dark lake, I'm on Ziba trying to beat the vortex at Aoboshi, I really need to level up!

And who exactly IS Krux?

OMG :O I loved the first Spectrobes game. I thought the second one came out in Nov sometime.. I need to buy this game as soon as I can. It probably wont be until this weekend >_>

I am so excited, thanks for making this topic and reminding me about it. I was looking at my DS games yesterday seeing my Spectrobes game. I wanted to play it but didn't want to get too envolved when the new one is coming out

I will be getting this game and playing it until Ranger comes out.

EDIT: Nice job on the Wiki! I can't wait to see all the new Spectrobes and the dark ones too.
    Last edited by Ho-oh Master; 14th October 2008 at 2:14 PM.
    Credit to AerialAce for the Awesome Userbar! Credit to Skiyomi for the Amazing Banner! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by The Thrashmeister View Post
    Wow, did you read the first post at all? It's been out for almost a week.

Also, I thought this was pretty cool, haha:

Spoiler:- Play time:
    oh sorry i didn't know. anyways, do u have this game?
    Omega Ruby Team:

3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97 | PSN ID: Ultra_Zach97
    Claims: Blastoise, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Joel from The Last of Us, Law & Order: SVU, The Dark Knight Rises & Multi-Man Smash theme

Uuuhhh..... what was that for? And why are you on Nessa and not wherever youre supossed to be?
    Um. Nothing. I just thought it was funny that I had a play time of 41:41:41 at that exact moment that I saved.

And I'm not supposed to be anywhere, I beat the game a long time ago. >_>;

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    oh sorry i didn't know. anyways, do u have this game?
    So you obviously didn't read the first post at all...
    not dead

Hello! I'm still stuck on Ziba!

Quote Originally Posted by The Thrashmeister View Post
    Um. Nothing. I just thought it was funny that I had a play time of 41:41:41 at that exact moment that I saved.

And I'm not supposed to be anywhere, I beat the game a long time ago. >_>;

So you obviously didn't read the first post at all...
    oh man. i'm pretty out of it. sorry i wont ask questions with the answer on the 1st post.
    Omega Ruby Team:

Hello! I'm still stuck on Ziba!
    Being rude won't get you anywhere...

Just finished selling my batch of level 99 Windora Sordinas on the Wi-Fi Market... I love how people keep buying them for 999,999 gura each.
    Last edited by The Thrashmeister; 15th October 2008 at 11:16 PM.
    not dead

Looks like a fun game I might get just have some questions:

How does the wifi work?

How long does it take to complete the game?

Is there more to do after you complete the game?

Is the game complicated?

Thank you in advance...

Last edited by NinjaBaker; 16th October 2008 at 1:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBaker View Post
    Looks like a fun game I might get just have some questions:

How does the wifi work?

How long does it take to complete the game?

Is there more to do after you complete the game?

Is the game complicated?

Thank you in advance...

1) There are five different Wi-Fi activities. Wi-Fi Battle is the first. You can battle with your friends or random strangers. Wi-Fi Market is the second. You can buy or sell Spectrobes at any price you chooose. Wi-Fi Download is the third. With DL Points given to you every Friday, you can download exclusive presents with these points. The fourth is Wi-Fi Upload, which allows you to upload your stats to the Spectrobes Community website and compare with other players. The last is DGamer, which is an online community service. You can chat with other gamers that own DGamer compatible games. Certain achievements unlocked in Beyond the Portals will carry over to your DGamer account, which will allow you to access secret costume items for your DGamer avatar.

2) It took me roughly twenty or so hours to beat the game. (rough estimate)

3) There's really not much to do after you beat the game that you couldn't do before you beat the game. The only real feature that is unlocked after you beat the game is the Great Black Hole, which lets you fight swarms of Krawl in order to win special prizes, such as Geos, which summon Ultimate Form Spectrobes. The scores from the GBH are also uploaded to the Community website with Wi-Fi Upload. Other than the GBH, you can complete your Spectrobes Database and earn all fifty achievements.

4) The game is rather straightforward. If you understand Pokemon, you'll understand this game just fine. There are tutorials at the beginning of the game to help you, but most features are pretty much self-explanatory, if you care to dig into them a bit.
    not dead

How the heck can I beat Maja on Nox? She's too tough and slices me up in seconds!

How the heck can I beat Maja on Nox? She's too tough and slices me up in seconds!
    Train, maybe...
    not dead

Beat her before you posted that!

I got the game a few days ago - just beat it today. Do you know where I could find a list of the Spectrobes in the Database?
    What do you mean, we're out of stuff to burn down? Give me your leg.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast