Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not On MY Watch Ya Don't (478)

Quote Originally Posted by shandi View Post
    Where did you get this information? I just got done watching the episode and it said NOTHING about Hikari being related to the 2 filler characters.

Anyways, I thought this episode was pretty good. I think the art was a bit off at some parts, but the cute Hikari fanservice made up for it.

Although, I must say, next weeks episode looks much more entertaining. I can't wait until that Hikari's (lesbian) Rival appears :]
    He probably meant how the filler boy kept calling Hikari as onee-chan. Obviously they're not related, but Hikari is the boy's "sister", though really that's more of a small term of respect since saying Hikari or Hikari-chan would be unusual in the context that, it didn't seem like they even did introductions.

I was satisfied with the Marina cameo under the context that it had very indirect LoT continuity, which was a hoso (much different feeling than Yuuki's movie cameos, and actually Marina had no general continuity anime appearances either. Top coordinator too? The least used and least developed girl ends up with the largest innate ability and successes, and she travels alone too.). With BF's weaknesses in continuity, this indirect one, although very small and essentially irrelevant overall, is very satisfying. Though of course I liked LoT, so I'd be likely to be biased.

Once again Hikari with speedy instant movement speed. That ability is useful in saving people!

So what did Hikari get flustered by from the boy's comments over several occasions? I wasn't sure what was the direct context, aside from the assumption of incompetent coordinator or something like that.

Nothing big from this episode, but it was nice and lax. Simple balance, even though nothing really happened.

Quote Originally Posted by el buitron View Post
    after this, look what the marina dream of become a star is realized, why ash don,t get a poketech too?
    Because they're mainly a tool for Co-ordinators

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetalesuk View Post
    How DID Team Rocket used hypnosis...? And why wasn't Pikachu effected?
    They bribed a wild Psyduck into doing it, and the mind control signal was sent through the fake Poketchs they gave out.

Ok I dont understand what was going on with the pics because it showed about half of the second part of the episode at the start...and just repeted it again! But that little kid that put the poke'tch under the tap kinda looked like a mini Drew to me... lol all they had done was just make him super small and darker hair and have it curled up.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

This season is being pretty dull so far, I thought that this episode was going to be good but you say it sucked.

I miss Kanto so much...

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

I see that no one believed me...
    Well, I took the information from pokemon-safari, a very reliable web site, in my opinion
    Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

way, marina

was she an easter egg?
    *Mega Fairies*

Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon89 View Post
    I see that no one believed me...
    Well, I took the information from pokemon-safari, a very reliable web site, in my opinion
    Well considering Hikari didn’t know who the kid and Kolink were, and considering she was surprised to learn his father was the president of the Pokétch company....methinks pokémon safari jumped to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético
    I miss Kanto so much…
    Then go buy it on DVD.
    OH DAMN, DID I JUST SUGGEST AN INGENIUS SOLUTION TO THAT WHINY DILEMA!?

Where id team Rocket get a Psyduck from? They migth as well have captured it. Also want has happened to Mime JR it seems to have disaplears i would have figured it would have been there while they where dressed up as clowns.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

And, my friend, why would Hikari be going to an electronic store to get a Poketch is her father made them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Martini View Post
    way, marina

was she an easter egg?
    Someone complained that the animation team for this episode were horrible animators, so my guess is they threw in Marina and the 6th movie clown costumes to make up for less-than-stellar animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmon View Post
    Because they're mainly a tool for Co-ordinators

They bribed a wild Psyduck into doing it, and the mind control signal was sent through the fake Poketchs they gave out.

How can a Psyduck use mind control on a lot of Pokemon's minds like Vulpix, Espeon and Pidgeotto by singing?! If I heard Psyduck sing, I would run for the hills...

ATTENTION: IN THE WHOLE EPISODE, NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT THE FILLER BOY AND HIS "PAPA" BEING RELATED IN ANY WAY TO HIKARI. THE KID WAS JUST USING "ONEE-CHAN" WHEN REFERRING TO HIKARI JUST TO BE POLITE. ALSO, HIKARI NEVER REFERRED TO THE MAN AS "OTOUSAN" OR "PAPA", WHICH AUTOMATICALLY KILLS THE WHOLE RUMOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon89 View Post
    The same site that claimed that there was going to be a "special" starring Yuuki just because he was in one of the trailers for the 9th movie (which turned out to only be a cameo appearence in the movie's "World of Pokemon" opening from what I've heard)? ;/

The episode, aside from the fugly animation, was a pretty good episode (definately saves the episode from the bad animation). There was a nice reference to the games, with Rocket Gang dressed up as clowns and handing out Poketchs (as fake as they were). Reminds of the old days where they would just take a small something from the games, tweaking it for the anime yet still keeping the same concept (they do that rarely nowadays). Greggle loving Takeshi alot even though he just had it for a while? lol Though, did anyone find it wierd that in the mob of Pokemon that were being mind controlled, not a single one was a Shin'ou Pokemon except for Kolink. o_O;

The Marina cameo was nice as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by S_P
    I was satisfied with the Marina cameo under the context that it had very indirect LoT continuity, which was a hoso.
    The Raikou special wasn't a Housou.
    Last edited by Satoshi; 2nd December 2006 at 8:10 PM.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Ram View Post
    Ok I dont understand what was going on with the pics because it showed about half of the second part of the episode at the start...and just repeted it again!
    I saw the episode in motion, and I'm just as perplexed as you are. Short on time, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Where id team Rocket get a Psyduck from? They migth as well have captured it.
    They bribed it with food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetalesuk View Post
    How can a Psyduck use mind control on a lot of Pokemon's minds like Vulpix, Espeon and Pidgeotto by singing?! If I heard Psyduck sing, I would run for the hills...
    It didn't sing. (Can Psyduck even learn Sing?) It was snoring. Yawn, Snore (Is Snore an attack?), your guess is as good as mine.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Like I said, it's called Media Res, and I believe the narrator explained that they were "showing how it lead up to that".

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    I saw the episode in motion, and I'm just as perplexed as you are. Short on time, maybe?

They bribed it with food.

It didn't sing. (Can Psyduck even learn Sing?) It was snoring. Yawn, Snore (Is Snore an attack?), your guess is as good as mine.
    Yeah, Snore is an attack... however, how can a Psyduck hypnotize a lot of Pokemon...? It was snoring... how can the snore make Pokemon like Vulpix, Espeon and the electric lion-cub, go into a trance...? Whatever Team Rocket thought it, it was smart and weird...

Not sure exactly what the point of it was, though. I know the "medias res" technique is used to showcase dramatic scenes before they actually occur, but I don't see the significance in this.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

The scene kind of would draw people in to find out what the Poketch said about Greggle, as did last episode start showing Hikari battling Mimirol so kids would watch and see what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    This season is being pretty dull so far, I thought that this episode was going to be good but you say it sucked.
    You can't be serious, This has been the best season so far, I like it more than Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Kanto BF combined.

Anyways, Was this Koduck's voice or the one from Koduck's Depression's voice more close to Kasumi's Koduck voice? o.o

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

This episode was pretty lame. I wonder what the english version will be like.
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    You can't be serious, This has been the best season so far, I like it more than Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Kanto BF combined.

Anyways, Was this Koduck's voice or the one from Koduck's Depression's voice more close to Kasumi's Koduck voice? o.o
    I can't wait for Cybercubed to respond to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    D/P is indeed pretty good, but to say the 11 episodes now are better than all 450+ episodes put together of the series past is rather pathetic. It makes it hard to take you seriously with a comment like that.

Anyone who is not blinded by fanboyism can tell that D/P is relatively on par with the same level of quality AG had, as well as the original Kanto. There is nothing overly original or amazing being done this season, it is simple a revamp of the AG series.

Off Topic: The link isn't working

On Topic: Is this episode really that bad?

Just go to the main page site which I think is the news and click on the picture of the Poketch.

The episode wasn't too bad, although, seeing the pics, I couldn't stand that kid who seemingley dissed Hikari and Co

Do you hate everyone who brings conflict to the protagonist?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast