Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fan-Comics Rules 1/12/2006

I took the link out. I copied it from my HGSS fan comic post, so I thought it'd work, but I must've deleted something or other. Couldn't I just type it up on my computer, print it, cut it out, and paste it? Or do you have to use MS paint? I'm not very good at understanding computer stuff, so I do every single piece of work by hand. I don't have a program for my comics.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    I took the link out. I copied it from my HGSS fan comic post, so I thought it'd work, but I must've deleted something or other. Couldn't I just type it up on my computer, print it, cut it out, and paste it? Or do you have to use MS paint? I'm not very good at understanding computer stuff, so I do every single piece of work by hand. I don't have a program for my comics.
    Unless you have a clear view of how it's going to look on your work, then it should be piece of cake. Lot of people scan their comics and then just stick words from there but hm yeah I guess printing out words would work. Just use the typing feature on MS Paint and type up a couple of things. If you want, you can make a box or circle (for a bubble) to make that comic feel. Print out and then cut and paste to work.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

OK, thanks, this helps a lot. Now I can start a comic thread.
    Quit. For real this time lol. Moved to Pokebeach as Tyaniking a long time ago. The only thing keeping me here was the games corner and the really fun RPGs, but those are out, so I started going to the TCG section, but that's pretty much dead. I'm trying to get into the video games, but most of my time is devoted to the TCG, so IDK how it's gonna go. If I get back into the games, I'll probably come back. Besides, most of the other TCG crew moved to Pokebeach as well. Any of my groups or games may be closed or they may be remade by anyone who wants to. I give full permission. I'm sorry I have to leave, but that's just life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidoprince View Post
    OK, thanks, this helps a lot. Now I can start a comic thread.
    what i do is i size up the area, type, then bubble before i layer it over the image.

placement of characters, speech bubbles.

i dunno, i've always had eccentric methods that probably waste alot of time.

but i currently do alot of the work in paint, and more recently(seeing as i restarted) i have been using photoshop CS3 for other crap.

POKEMON BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 0991 9680 2397
    (X/Y 2191-8614-1988 Friend Safari Pokemon: Charmeleon, Magmar, Ninetails)

Question Rules for One-Shot Comics?

Question: I have this one-shot teaser comic that I have planned out (my main comic will go forth later if the teaser does well). It will consist of 4-5 pages, and will be hand-drawn.
    I was wondering if such a post should go in its own separate thread...

or go into the Comics Cafe thread, since it also consists of a prototype technique for flashbacks.

//COMIC//JAY TANAKA//

"Aw, crap, it's the mature lady. She's too smart."
    -Devestator2000

Quote Originally Posted by Luxrayess View Post
    Question: I have this one-shot teaser comic that I have planned out (my main comic will go forth later if the teaser does well). It will consist of 4-5 pages, and will be hand-drawn.
    I was wondering if such a post should go in its own separate thread...

or go into the Comics Cafe thread, since it also consists of a prototype technique for flashbacks.
    if you're confident about the comic you could probably start your teaser in it's own thread, and adapt from there if you feel its going to go well.

traffic to this area is pretty dead though, at least compared to a few years ago. you might not get the traffic you expect. it feels like the loyalists stayed, and everyone was just here for a fad.

even comic websites like smackjeeves, you can't expect much for comments. but you can check the traffic on specific days.

in short, it's a no love hobby unless you fold to what is popular at the time and keep up on trends. i have no idea about promotion either, these things are all up to you.

POKEMON BLACK 2 FRIEND CODE: 0991 9680 2397
    (X/Y 2191-8614-1988 Friend Safari Pokemon: Charmeleon, Magmar, Ninetails)

Do we have to ask permission or can we just post one. I've been planning this for a while and I really wanna start my comic! O-O
    So Ah Hurd Yu Liek Mudkiepz??

"Don't believe what they say
    We're dead flies in the summertime
    They leave us all behind
    With duck tape scars on my honey
    They don't like who you are
    You won't like where we'll go
    Brother protect me now
    With blood they wash in the money"

♥~My Chemical Romance, Destroya~♥

SPP Hubby: Rayquaza Master777 <3

No, you just post or we'd be here all day.
    Ruler of the Fics.

I'm pretty busy right now so if you need to get hold of me PLEASE PM. I'll get the email notification a lot faster.

No, you just post or we'd be here all day.
    Ruler of the Fics.

I'm pretty busy right now so if you need to get hold of me PLEASE PM. I'll get the email notification a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by gundam_remake View Post
    if you're confident about the comic you could probably start your teaser in it's own thread, and adapt from there if you feel its going to go well.

traffic to this area is pretty dead though, at least compared to a few years ago. you might not get the traffic you expect. it feels like the loyalists stayed, and everyone was just here for a fad.

even comic websites like smackjeeves, you can't expect much for comments. but you can check the traffic on specific days.

in short, it's a no love hobby unless you fold to what is popular at the time and keep up on trends. i have no idea about promotion either, these things are all up to you.
    True that. I just posted all 10 pages but no one has seemed to even look at the stupid things. I could add more to it but each page takes me a rough total 5 hours at best.
    You see I am simply one hell of a Nobody

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12