Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounting a Coordinator Assault (479)

I don't think anger and generalizing beat radnomness and generalizing. Can't we all just get along?
    I think everyone elses opinion is equally wrong and stupid, no matter what their gender/sexual preference!

This is fun!

But since I have to contribute something to the topic at hand, thats quite the awesome Misdreavus.Hope it doesn't evolve,the evo is silly looking.

i just saw that episodie and that new girl nozomi is a little rare, uhhhh....this not good, it she is really a lesbian those fools of 4kids will said "oh there a lesbian! we can,t show this to thye little girls! no more pokemon never!" or in the best of the cases, they edited the anime liked nelvana (idiots!) do with cart captor sakura, that no really sound good...
    i know the weakeness of the dark/chost type, but i don,t said it...jajaja....

Okay-dokey! Saw the episode just a couple of hours ago and well...

-Nozomi (or whatever her name is) seems pretty cool. And I'm starting to see her with Hikari in the future. Finally, a yuri shipping with a main character I can believe in.
    -Ash, even though his appeal was really good...I'm still going to say stick to gym battles. I'm quite mad that he's actually competing. With Brock, I can see why and Brock's a hopeless cause. But Ash...Never mind.
    -Jessie's new outfit for the contest. I thought the one she wore at the Grand Festival was God-awful, but this one takes the seven layer cake. Although, I just had to love it when in the appeals round when Masukippa had his teeth around Jessie. I was just waiting for her head to come right off. Oh well, can't blame Medea for hoping.
    -You know, after the Rivals Forever episode, I swore that I wouldn't watch another contest again unless it had May and Drew in it. Well I'm friggin' liar. As long as I see Nozomi or possibly cute as can be coordinators, I will continue to watch the contests.

And that's about it!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Boring. A hole episode and the contest still hasn't ended? Come on.

I loved the yuri though, Hikari and Nozomi turn me on. OMG, Pokemon has ended being a teaser show with miniskirts and pervert frogs
    isn't that what teenagers like lol?hikari and nozomi?let the the perverted fan art begin!!!!
    Last edited by pokemaster 13; 12th December 2006 at 3:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster 13 View Post
    isn't that what teenagers like lol?
    right! you are correct!, just two seasons ago what pokemon stop to be only for little kids! (but 4kids don,t understan)
    i know the weakeness of the dark/chost type, but i don,t said it...jajaja....

Tapatio is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids. About that reputation... Blame Jhoto!!!

I'm a "satoshi-needs-to-be-a-man-and-get-a-girl" shipper XD

What did Johto's suckiness have to do with its immaturity?
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids. About that reputation... Blame Jhoto!!!
    The show has always been aimed at little kids.

I do think the Contest arcs however shift the show to a slightly older demographic. The Contest arcs are aimed at teen girls, which is why they include romance, and pretty dresses, homosexual characters and all kinds of fabulous aspects.

Since May's story arc got the pretty boy and flamboyant gay guy done right, I'm happy Hikari's story arc goes in the other direction with a masculine looking lesbian girl who will surely hit on her over the course of D/P.

I think it's also funny that both May and Hikari are going to end up sleeping with their rivals at some point of their careers. It's like the coordinator girls didn't even last very long before someone was trying to get into their shorts/skirt.

Media Res: When you want to save money on animation by reusing up to 30 seconds of footage, give us a call!

It may have been a Hikari outing, but it was the pokémon made this episode. Holy Alsues, those appeals looked bitchin'. Honestly, if we had Iwane working on appeals for every contest, we'd be all set for some nice looking, unique performances that don't all feel like tacky last-minute additions.

I liked how this episode pretty much said "Hey look! Aipom OWNS Pikachu in almost every way possible, yet you're still going to be stuck with the yellow one more often! Hows about DEM apples, chumps?". Honestly, I may not have liked Aipom when all it seemed to be was a hat-swiping gimmick, but I've come to adore that purple ape. It's a great pokémon, regardless of other peoples comments on how it should be Oaked asap (Yeah BattleFranky, Imma looking at thou!). I also thought it's appeal kicked ass. Especially the destruction of it's own shadow clone copies via Tasmanian Devil spin. That was neat~

Nozomi's Nyarmar had a nice voice. I liked how it sort of rolled it's R's into a purr. Lolipop woman's Nyarmar's voice was good too, but Nozomi's got the better end of the deal. Bouysel sounded AWESOME (Bwooooy!!!) and Bippa was dissapointingly average.
    And speaking of voices.....[b]MASKIPPA![b] Dammit Maskippa, you cheeseburger monarch, will you EVER decide on a voicebox?

As for Hikari...well, she...uhhhh......ummm....

Nozomi didn't interest me that much. Yeah, she's a tomboy, and yeah, she does increase the chance of lolicon yuri ( UHHH...:/ )...but that's not enough to get me interested. When rivals are too nice, they're usually about as exciting as a conversation with a plank, and at the moment, she's heading down that route. I don't want all the rivals to be jackasses to one another or anything, but I'd at least like a little tension between them. They did a nice job with Masamune afterall. That was a good example of a freindly rivalry done right.
    Here's hoping next week gives us some results, because I'll be dissapointed if I have to wait another 30 odd episodes to have my interest in Nozomi pick up a little.

Oh and....Hikari....umm...something...

This episode also happened to make me realise just how horrible the CG crap really is. I've never been fond of it at all. But when it's used for almost EVERYTHING, when placed against some uber impressive 2D work, its about as dodgy as Trotters Independant Trading. And that's pretty dodgy, which produces the concluson of: CG is for plonkers.

Hikari....uhhh....HIKARI....ummm....yeeeaaaah.....END OF POST ^_^

I find the way they're doing in media res annoying. I don't like it when they take part of the middle of the episode and put it at the beginning, leaving me wondering just what the hell's going on. Starting in the middle of a practice battle or having the group walking along is one thing, but having Satoshi (seemingly) randomly doing attacks on a stage with Aipom or having the group talk to some guy and a kid without saying or showing what their significance is bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by SOS! Its Not Healthy.. View Post
    Anyways, does Jessie have a new name revealed for the contest?
    Musalina.

Quote Originally Posted by Celibitwo View Post
    She is the new referee and a remake'sister of Vivian and Lilian. I bet shes called something like Miriam
    Momoan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids.
    Oh, the seasons where most of the main Pokemon were small and cute?

Pokemon. Is. For. Everyone.

But, it's aimed at kids.

Tapatio is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    For example...

But, it's aimed at kids.
    I totally agree.

I'm a "satoshi-needs-to-be-a-man-and-get-a-girl" shipper XD

I'm going to open up the can of Wurmple here:

Any of you old timers remmeber Duplica's first episode? (Ditto's Mysterious Manshion, 1-37)

In that episode, there was a scene where Ash, Brock, Misty, and Duplica did an imitation of the Rocket Motto. The group even dons the White Rocket Outfits!

Now, imagine Misty in a White Rocket Outfit, and slash off the Side-tail. What comes to mind?

Put some Yellow Epaulettes on the Shoulders and change the slacks to White, and change the eye color, and Nozomi in that contest would be exactly how I would envision an Elite-Four Misty to look like. Ok, maybe Misty would have longer hair, but only to the shoulders, if even that far. (For those of you who don't catch the reference, that's a Grand Admiral's Uniform. Or at least in Star Wars it is. I shouldn't have to explain the connection between Misty, the Elite Four, and the rank of Admiral.)

Ironically enough, the chest-up shot with the shades didn't cause me to double-take with a fanboyish accusation. Only the Head-atop-suit shot. The only giveaway would be the eyes. (Better than Richie, who would have to dye his hair to match Ash.)

Of course, being the "butch" of Appealshipping, having lesser "assets" may be a good thing. I'm only comparing face-shots, and possibly base (i.e. clothless) builds here. (Bad Tom!)

I really wish I had pictures to show ya...
    Ash was 10 when he started and is still 10 today.

My boss was in college when Ash started and he's still in college today.

Nozomi actually does look somewhat feminine in her normal clothes.

It's only in her coordinator outfit that she looks like she can pass for a boy.

Yeah, vests and boots are really feminine.

Don't forget about the biker goggles.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    The show has always been aimed at little kids.

I do think the Contest arcs however shift the show to a slightly older demographic. The Contest arcs are aimed at teen girls, which is why they include romance, and pretty dresses, homosexual characters and all kinds of fabulous aspects.
    Uhm..."teen girls"?
    I really doubt it. Animes like Sailor Moon, Doremi, Wedding Peach or Pretty Cure have all of that stuff you´ve listed, but they are still aimed at little girls.
    The Contests seem to be aimed at GIRLS, I agree, but never at teenage girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kthleen View Post
    Musalina.
    Do I smell a Lina Inverse allusion ( who was also voiced by Jessie´s VA)? Maybe I´m trying too hard ;p
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post

But, it's aimed at kids.
    Cute? Some Kanto Pokemon looked cute, but all in all they are the ones with the roughest style. And it's not about the Pokemon, it's about the storyline. In the earlier seasons the writting was more adult oriented with more drama and plot twists, now the writting doesn't have quality. It's also aimed for adlts because of things like Hikari's skirt, using sex appeal to gain audience...

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Cute? Some Kanto Pokemon looked cute, but all in all they are the ones with the roughest style. And it's not about the Pokemon, it's about the storyline.
    'Roughest style'? So a badass jungle iguana that lusts for power, an irritatble crawdad that beats the living daylights out of someone at the tip of a hat, a tough as nails, tank-like barn Swallow and a demon hockey mask from hell weren't rough?

And fyi, it is about the pokémon. Hence why this show is called POKEMON.

In the earlier seasons the writting was more adult oriented with more drama and plot twists, now the writting doesn't have quality.
    Considering this is a contest related thread, I must ask: Have you even watched like, a single contest episode? Those things are packed with the drama, interesting character interaction and unique personallities you seem to salivate over. There's usually some sort of plot twist they manage to tap into, like The Phantom's issues in mid-Houen, Haruka pushing her pokémon too far and taking a turn for the worst, anything to do with Harley and a bunch of other stuff.

And there was a whole episode about Haruka's father having an apprant affair for god's sake. How is that not 'adult oriented'.

It's also aimed for adlts because of things like Hikari's skirt, using sex appeal to gain audience...
    Yeah, because Kanto never used sex appeal to draw in an audience.
    Y HALO THAR EXTREMELY HOT JESSIE, BIKINI CONTESTS AND MULTIPLE DODGY SHOTS THAT WERE IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY EPISODE.
    lol, Pokémon Tower Episode. lol, Jessie's panties~

But in any case, the bottom line is: If all you're going to do is bitch, and whine, and complain and rag on anything that isn't Kanto, then why don't you just STFU and GTFO? It was cute the first two or three instances, but quite frankly, I doubt anyone wants to hear your 'boo-hoo, no dramas, Kanto season roolez' for the umpteenth time.

'Roughest style'? So a badass jungle iguana that lusts for power, an irritatble crawdad that beats the living daylights out of someone at the tip of a hat, a tough as nails, tank-like barn Swallow and a demon hockey mask from hell weren't rough?
    The description doesn't matter, it's the style. The Pokemon design has gotten more soft, in the past it was more rough (Fearow). Even if the Pokemon is a balloon that takes kids to the Underworld it's lines are softer and there are no sharp parts o the body (at least not as sharp as in past Pokemon). Look what happened to scyther when it evolved, even to Electrabuzz, it looks less sharp and rough.

And fyi, it is about the pokémon. Hence why this show is called POKEMON.
    Not in that case. You can have the cuttest Pokemon killing themselves and the show will not be oriented towards kids because the Pokemon are cute. I think that I made myseld clear in this point.

Considering this is a contest related thread, I must ask: Have you even watched like, a single contest episode? Those things are packed with the drama, interesting character interaction and unique personallities you seem to salivate over. There's usually some sort of plot twist they manage to tap into, like The Phantom's issues in mid-Houen, Haruka pushing her pokémon too far and taking a turn for the worst, anything to do with Harley and a bunch of other stuff.

And there was a whole episode about Haruka's father having an apprant affair for god's sake. How is that not 'adult oriented'.
    BuI'm talking about DPs contests, but I think that someone that posted in this thread resumed it well:

I do think the Contest arcs however shift the show to a slightly older demographic. The Contest arcs are aimed at teen girls, which is why they include romance, and pretty dresses, homosexual characters and all kinds of fabulous aspects

I love that post, straight to the point. Come on, in D/P when a Pokemon comes out of the Pokeball stars and hearts appear, how's that not childish?

Yeah, because Kanto never used sex appeal to draw in an audience.
    I never said that Kanto didn't use sex appeal. I used the sex appeal example to explain that the show is still aimed for adults in some parts.

But in any case, the bottom line is: If all you're going to do is *****, and whine, and complain and rag on anything that isn't Kanto, then why don't you just STFU and GTFO? It was cute the first two or three instances, but quite frankly, I doubt anyone wants to hear your 'boo-hoo, no dramas, Kanto season roolez' for the umpteenth time.
    As long as I respect people (which you haven't done and I'm going to report it) I can express my opinion. Actually, I wouldn't have used a Kanto example if someone had not mented it, and like you deffend Hoenn and Shinou I can deffend Kanto. Even if I'm not going to do what you suggested me, I take into account your suggestion and I suggest you to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Because I'm going to express my opinion as it's a right that I have as a user. You know, 'out of sight, out of mind'.

How can you judge DP Contests by the first episode of one? The next episode has "drama", Hikari is seen crying.

The Pokemon design has gotten more soft, in the past it was more rough (Fearow). Even if the Pokemon is a balloon that takes kids to the Underworld it's lines are softer and there are no sharp parts o the body (at least not as sharp as in past Pokemon). Look what happened to scyther when it evolved, even to Electrabuzz, it looks less sharp and rough.
    Errr....what? The Pokemon aren't as cool because they ain't horny? And my god a balloon be smooth!

Sharp Parts:

Mind explaining WTF your talking about?

Yeah, but not as sharp as Kanto ones (and some of them are not sharp either). In the sprites they look similar, but in the anime and in the official pics they don't. Fearows parts are a lot sharper. It's another style, the style Sugimori had in the past. And I've not said that they are not good because they are not sharp, in fact, I don't like Kanto Pokemon that much because of that roughness, I only like the smooth ones.

The description doesn't matter, it's the style. The Pokemon design has gotten more soft, in the past it was more rough (Fearow). Even if the Pokemon is a balloon that takes kids to the Underworld it's lines are softer and there are no sharp parts o the body (at least not as sharp as in past Pokemon). Look what happened to scyther when it evolved, even to Electrabuzz, it looks less sharp and rough.
    ...what the hell is soft about the pokémon I mentioned? Sceptile has freaking blades jutting out it's arms, a pine needle tail, pointed head crests. Cophish's leg design, abdomen and the spikes on it's head. Torkoal's shell is rimmed with sharp points. Glalie has honking great horns sticking out of it's head.
    In any case, it's a weak argument. I shouldn't even HAVE to bring up the amount of vicious 4th gens...

Not in that case. You can have the cuttest Pokemon killing themselves and the show will not be oriented towards kids because the Pokemon are cute. I think that I made myseld clear in this point.
    ...what?

BuI'm talking about DPs contests, but I think that someone that posted in this
    Stop right there. Yeah, Cyber does bring up good points about the contests. He always does. But how does that not apply to the ones seen in DP? We haven't even seen a single contest follow through to the very end, and ALREADY you're seemingly branding them as worthless, inferior episodes.

I love that post, straight to the point. Come on, in D/P when a Pokemon comes out of the Pokeball stars and hearts appear, how's that not childish?
    I don't think it really matters either way. It's a minor aesthetic at best, just like the speed line backgrounds and pointless CG attack animations. So it's not something that should even be dwelled upon in the first place. A simple 'That's neat!' or 'That's a crap addition' should be all the thought needed.

I never said that Kanto didn't use sex appeal. I used the sex appeal example to explain that the show is still aimed for adults in some parts.
    Fair enough.

As long as I respect people (which you haven't done and I'm going to report it) I can express my opinion. Actually, I wouldn't have used a Kanto example if someone had not mented it, and like you deffend Hoenn and Shinou I can deffend Kanto. Even if I'm not going to do what you suggested me, I take into account your suggestion and I suggest you to ignore my posts if you don't like them. Because I'm going to express my opinion as it's a right that I have as a user. You know, 'out of sight, out of mind'.
    There's being expressing one's opinion, and then there's being an ass. You never offer any constructive critisism, or try to enhance a disscussion by providing a varied cluster of ideas on how you think a single scene or an episode as a whole could be improved. All you seem to be able to do is comment on how it sucks because it has no drama or 'intelligent writing'. You never explain why something is this way, or how something could have been handled better, and everything is always negative. You're not really adding anything to a conversation other than what you've already brought up in pretty much every other post you've made. And there's only so many times people can counter your bais against post-Kanto animé and the 4th generation before it disintegrates into the same monotonous crap over and over again.

I can be negative sometimes too, and I admit that. But when I am, I at least try to be fair about it, and elaborate on the particulars. Sometimes I'll even try to inject a little humour in there if it's a tired old argument that I've brought up before.

Errr....what? I'm confused about how the level of sharpness decides the "betterness" of a Pokemon Generation?

-Ash does well in the contest. Which is to be expected since he's magically good at ANY competition he enters as long as it involves Pokemon. Seriously. Pokeringer in Houen, that one balloon race in Johto, the Pokemon race in Kanto, the Sumo contest in Johto, et cetera. Why are we only surprised about this NOW? Because Ash is supposed to magically be not good at a competition just because it's another main character's territory? Even though he tied a contest with May at the end of AG, he's supposed to suck at this contest? Bwah? I think you people are just thinking along the lines of "oh no, Ash dared to tread into the other protagonist's storyline! She probably wasn't going to win anyway and we'd complain like hell if she did, but Ash still should NOT have entered dammit!" :/
    -Nozomi's outfit is awesome, gender-specific clothing be damned. I'll bet that every female who DARES to wear a costume without a skirt or dress will be viewed as lesbo by certain ones of you, won't they? I suppose some people don't consider that some other people think that skirts and dresses are abominations onto womankind. We'e not in the 1920s anymore, ya know.
    -Ash DID have a practice battle like the summary said...but he did MORE than that. Ha ha.
    -Pochama continues to be my favorite Pokemon owned by a DP main character. Its magic Glowing Beak Extension(tm) when it uses peck is kind of...odd..though.
    -And we get proof that Pokemon DO sleep inside their Pokeballs when night falls...although you wouldn't know it given certain other episodes.
    -So Hikari's Mom's ribbon DOES show up again. And here I thought it'd be forgotten about.
    -Given how Hikari keeps said ribbon in her ribbon case...I wonder if it'd be possible for her to get one fewer ribbon and just use that one. Sure, she wouldn't skip a ribbon even if she could, but it's something to wonder about.
    -Apparently the TR Side Scam Of The Day involved the Pokeball stickers or something.
    -Pikachu...on...Brock's...shoulder...brain...bendin g...
    -I just noticed that Hikari has three ribbons one right above the other on the top white area of her dress. Overkill!

Now, bear in mind that I haven't had the time to do more than look at the ep pics yet. :P
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast