Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Mounting a Coordinator Assault (479)

Quote Originally Posted by el buitron
    right! you are correct!, just two seasons ago what pokemon stop to be only for little kids! (but 4kids don,t understan)
    God... as if the fact there is teens who watch this anime wasn't bad enough, now they are actually insinuating it ISN'T a kiddy show T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio
    Actually I think that in Kanto and the Orange Islands pokemon wasn't only for little kids. About that reputation... Blame Jhoto!!!
    Yeah... sure. Definitely a show that isn't only for kids has:
    -A random world-treating menace every five episodes
    -Kiddy and simple plots
    -Retarded Rocket trio-like villains
    -Kid as protagonists
    -Plushie-like creatures
    -Mischievous ghosts who love playing pranks on people
    -A talking cat
    -A villain with psychic powers who turns people into dolls
    -5 years old kids often becoming the protagonists of determined episodes
    -Characters entering the cyberspace
    -Random maniatical assasins such as Koga (who filled his gym with traps capable of killing a random person just by doing a wrong step) or Sabrina being chosen as gym leaders
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I do think the Contest arcs however shift the show to a slightly older demographic. The Contest arcs are aimed at teen girls, which is why they include romance, and pretty dresses, homosexual characters and all kinds of fabulous aspects.
    Yeah. Let's include elements like these in the anime just to please the freaking teens who watch it and mask the fact the plots are as childly and shitty as they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro
    Pokemon. Is. For. Everyone.
    I wouldn't rate "for everyone" a anime that only would be enjoyed by kids under 11 years old and masochists. But that's just me.
    Last edited by GSC Trainer; 3rd January 2007 at 8:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GSC Trainer View Post
    God... as if the fact there is teens who watch this anime wasn't bad enough, now they are actually insinuating it ISN'T a kiddy show T_T
    It certainly is a kid's show, its just not only a kid's show. You aren't giving it enough credit really.

-A random world-treating menace every five episodes
    The world is hardly ever in danger in pokemon, especially in the main series, its happened maybe three times in the whole series.

-Kiddy and simple plots
    Usually true, but you can't tell me that the symbolism in the Johto Unown episode or the AG episode where May and Max though their dad was cheating on their mom were "kiddy and simple." Heck, the storyline for the third movie about the difference between fantasy happiness and reality is very deep, as are many elements in the eigth movie (death, a sentient entity that lives in symbiosis with Mew). Heck, the first movie proved Pokemon could have deep plots with its plot surrounding Mewtwo and its desire for purpose and worth.

-Retarded Rocket trio-like villains
    Such characters count more only as comedy relief and often have clever lines. Being silly hardly equals only kiddy.

-Plushie-like creatures
    As well as fierce dragons, giant spiders, scorpions, genetically altered clones, metallic behemoths etc.

-A talking cat
    Who learned to speak in an effort to become more like a human but ended up rejected and bitter. Though really, many teenage anime have talking animals in them.

-A villain with psychic powers who turns people into dolls
    Sabrina was more a tormented, fractured soul than a villain.

-Characters entering the cyberspace
    A rather poor example as it happened only once in a banned episode, and I don't see how it makes anything only for kids.

-Random maniatical assasins such as Koga (who filled his gym with traps capable of killing a random person just by doing a wrong step)
    As explained by Aya, it was a training area, people weren't supposed to be in it unless they were prepared for the traps and such, and I don't recall any deadly traps except perhaps the wall that could fall away.

or Sabrina being chosen as gym leaders
    From what we're shown, Sabrina's transformation into her most dangerous state was gradual, and she likely was a still somewhat sane person when she became a gym leader and afterward kept her power through intimidation and manipulation.

I wouldn't rate "for everyone" a anime that only would be enjoyed by kids under 11 years old and masochists. But that's just me.
    So are you a masochist? And if you don't watch the anime then why are you even in this forum?
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

I thiunk Nozomi is wicked cool but idk y Ash needed 2 enter a contest...
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I'm currently writing the guide to this episode, and it's already annoying me. Ash has been in the show since Day 1. He gets to do everything, gets the most screentime, saves the world, gets the girl (Well, Island Girl and Girl/Pokemon. :<) and everything else associated with being the main male lead. And now he has to butt in on Hakura/Hikari's part of the storyline. Even if it only ends up being for this Contest, it's still a slap in the face for Hikari.

If Ash continues to enter Contests later on, then the screentime will be incredibly uneven. The Contests were Hikari's time to shine, and having it divided between Ash and Hikari is just unfair.

Not to mention, wtf was up with Aipom's practice appeal? Such things should have taken AGES to perfect, and Aipom just pulled it out of its handed ***. :/

I can tell this episode is gonna annoy me like hell.

Nah, I don't think he'll be doing anymore Contest.

Nozomi pretty much in the next episode tells him to "GTFO or DIE!".

When Masukippa was released...it split into three and then joined back into one single being...

Its different personalities, perhaps?O.o

Marry the Night

This episode was good. I kind of like how much spirit Dawn has. The concept with the pokeball seal is pretty cool. I thought it was kind of funny when that little kid called James an old man. It was good to see Dawn’s new (or soon to be new) rival, Zoey as well as the contest judges. It was cool to see a Misdreavus again. I found it funny how Jessie still managed to keep the audience despite Carnivine biting on her head. Ash’s appeal with Aipom was cool. Dawn’s appeal with Piplup was also cool.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

This episode was great! But I laughed really hard at Brock's line when he was hugging the pillow in the Pokemon Center that night. "Nurse Joy! You're so huggable!" XD

Zoey's voice was awesome. I swear I was literally holding my head down when she was about to speak. xD ROFL. But it turned out to be awesome.

I liked Dawn's little balcony scene with her music. Very cute way to show how she was feeling.

I actually liked how Ash and Dawn did the high five thing. It was very cute.

And we got Zoey/Dawn ness in this. Whee, Dawn was so cute when she blushed when Zoey said, "We still have to see each other on the final stage" or something like that. <3

Anyways, awesome dub. I'm really enjoying these a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak5034 View Post
    what the hell r u talkin about, u think that they'll show lesbian love on a childrens show!

besides hikari is straight anyways
    maybe not for a show made in the US, but you'd be surprised how much content like that is deemed ok for a kids show over in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    It certainly is a kid's show, its just not only a kid's show. You aren't giving it enough credit really.
    just because it's intended for kids doesn't mean that only kids watch it, in fact i bet that most of the people on this very forum are well over the intended age, and to prove it i would like all of your future posts to if you don't mind to include your age if your willing to share it. i myself am 17. point is that just cause it's a kids show doesn't mean only kids will watch it.

Meh, I missed this one. I hope someone youtubes it.

(Thanks to creativeworlds.com )

Plt- 0517 4479 2211

Looking for the following Shiny pokemon ut - Zangoose/ Mawile/ Female Snorunt/ Male Ralts

Quote Originally Posted by mandikitty View Post

I liked Dawn's little balcony scene with her music. Very cute way to show how she was feeling.

Please god, PLEASE, (Eventhough it's unlikely), Let them have kept the instrumental Kimi no soba de >_>;

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    Please god, PLEASE, (Eventhough it's unlikely), Let them have kept the instrumental Kimi no soba de >_>;
    good news, they kept it!!! i just hope that they continue to in the future, as will as more of the new music that they really had no reason to change.

I'm shocked, Completely and utterly shocked.

This may have been the best D/P episode that PUSA has done, I have to applaud them.

Zoey sounded Great
    I liked Misdrevous's new voice
    They Kept Hikari's Theme :O

The replaced music didn't even bother me much, I have to say, I like it alot, PUSA needs to do more episodes like this.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Woo! This is probably the best Contest Ep ever!

Teh Goodzors:
    -Aipom's giant Double Team/Swift Star while Training against Hikari. That thing was awesome!
    -Aipom's actual appeal in the Contest. I would never had thought to use Swift to counter against the Star Seal.
    -Zoey's voice actually fit her look. How often does that happen? Well, it did with Dawn, I guess.
    -I don't know why, but that scene wear Dawn and Ash high-five just made me happy. Maybe it was how Ash was walking all 'cool'
    -What brock said when Dawn woke up. "Nurse Joy, you're so Huggable..."
    -Zoey's Appeal was FREAKING PWNSOME. W00T Misdreavus and Smoke Seal!

Teh Badzors:
    -Shippy moments between Dawn and Zoey. Now, I'm not against homosexuals or anything, but I do not believe those two like eachother in that kind of way.
    -AAAAAGH! JESSE'S OUTFIT BUUURRRRNNNNSSSS!!!!
    -Why did Dawn add more Bubbles to the Bubble Seal's Bubbles with Bubblebeam? It's got enough!
    -It's bad enough that Peck now glows, but now the beak GROWS?!
    -AAAAAAGGGHHHHH! THE "REMARKABLE" IS BACK!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!
    -Why didn't they add the Dancing Appeals from DP?! WHY!?!?!
    Last edited by Reign G; 21st June 2007 at 12:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    -It's bad enough that Peck now glows, but now the beak GROWS?!
    We don't see it do that again after this episode.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I think the beak growing for Peck was merely an effect for contests, so if Dawn uses Piplup and Peck it'll probably grow again.

I have to say, I really enjoyed this episode. I thought Ash did a great job appealing with Aipom, and I know what happens next episode. But I hope he decides to try another contest in the future.

Now, I'm not trying to turn this into a Dawn/May debate (even though it sounds like I will be), but I find it much easier to believe Dawn as a coordinator than May. I understand her nerves...Ash was nervous when before his first Indigo League battle...so that was believable. I hope her future contests show how much more suited to contests she is.

I love Jessie's new contest outfit, BTW.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

So I guess doing things in medias res will continue? I'm not complaining, it's certainly a different way to start things off.

Nice contest episode. Does anyone remember Aipom watching in awe at Ash and May's contest battle at the end of the BF saga? It looks like they've had Aipom wanting to do the contests for a while. So it's unlikely they just randomly came up with the idea of having Aipom do a contest this episode, you know?

And Dawn continues to grow on me. I also loved her balcony scene and she's slowly becoming my favourite character. Oh, the high-five scene made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. <3
    Last edited by Wynaut?; 21st June 2007 at 4:24 PM.

Okay then...

-Zoey's dub voice rocks my world! Love the voice and the name! Amen!
    -I guess Dawn's mother has a repeating line just like in earlier season's Ash's mom reminds him about clean underwear. Just something I'd like to throw out there.
    -I can't believe it! They actually kept Dawn's theme song! I was piss'd that they screwed May in the last season, but this is a welcome change.
    -Misdreavis was pretty cool. It'll take some getting used to with the voice change because somehow I actually like the voice in the Raikou special (don't ask me why)
    -Jessie and Carnivine...I've said it before and I will say it again, Carnivine should have bitten off Jessie's head! I so wanted that!
    -See, I saw it with Closed Caption on the first episode of Diamond and Pearl and I was right! Marian is the name of the emcee of Sinnoh! And her voice was okay to say the least. I have no complaints thus far.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I'm shocked, Completely and utterly shocked.

This may have been the best D/P episode that PUSA has done, I have to applaud them.

Zoey sounded Great
    I liked Misdrevous's new voice
    They Kept Hikari's Theme :O

The replaced music didn't even bother me much, I have to say, I like it alot, PUSA needs to do more episodes like this.
    actually i would like to take back the earlier statement that said they kept here theme song intact, after doing a music count of the dub i have found out that although they kept the song intact when dawn was talking to Piplup and Bunary, however for some odd reason the scenes that had the song were changed for some odd reason (those scenes being when Piplup and Pikachu were having a practice battle, and later when Dawn goes up for the contest), although all three times it was a different variation of her theme song, it baffles me why they only kept it once, i'm sorry if i got anyones hope up that PUSA was actually doing something good for once. two other pieces of music that i have no idea why they didn't keep despite them keeping in the past were when Zoey went up for the contest, the Battle Frontier tune was used, but PUSA changed it (even though they have always kept it in the past). also i don't understand why the TR motto music was replaced when Jessie went up to perform. in the end we only get 5 pieces of music kept (which is exactly the same amount that has been getting kept for the last couple of episodes), i'm starting to thing that PUSA is trying to have a pattern of only keeping exactly 5 tracks even if lots of the music is old music that they normally keep. when will they start keeping more of the new music intact ?

So I guess doing things in medias res will continue? I'm not complaining, it's certainly a different way to start things off.
    Yup. 30 episodes later in Japan and they're still doing it.

I'll never understand PUSA's music editing. They actually kept Hikari's Theme Ballad while they cut the normal version of the theme in the DP episodes beforehand, yet they replaced the RSE Elite 4 theme they've used a bazillion times before. *shrug*

Zoey's voice is alright, I guess (like Dawn's, it's a little nasaly), though I think Anabel's voice would have been perfectly suitable.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quick-off topic: Did anybody remember DP38 was on?

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

I didn't know Piplup had such a large pecker.

I'm getting tired myself of Johanna repeating, "Whenever you say, 'Don't worry', that's when I worry the most." (Hmm, she doesn't seem too worried about Dawn traveling with two boys she never met before...) It would be funny to see Dawn get so fed up with Johanna's hectoring that she lashed out at Johanna in a screaming, expletive filled tirade.

I enjoyed the episode, Ash did such a good job with the contest so far. The animation was nice and I liked how Dawn did, train her Pokemon and do a better job. Brocks comment scraed me a little LOL. But um yah it was good, can't wait for the rest tonight. And oh yah Zoey's voice I thought was great. Also that Ash/Dawn high five thing had me puzzled I was like what was up with that?! I mean they had this fluffy type music in the background going on with it. Would that count as a PearlShippy moment?

Seriously, Johanna annoys me to no end with her stupid catch phrase. I wouldn't be surprised if that would be all she said later in the series, like a Pokémon, she'll just chirp words from that phrase all the time.

Dawn: "Mom! I won a contest!"
    Johanna: "Worry Most Worry Worry Whenever Don't!"
    Dawn: "Huh?"

But all annoying phrases aside, this was a good episode. I was a little unsure about Zoey's voice at first, but it'll grow on me. And also Lol at Jessalena!

I only had a few problems with this episode, thus far:
    -The Pokecenter bed scene where Dawn can't seem to sleep. I hated the music playing and then it abruptly changed when she stepped outside.
    -The filler voices make me cringe, that little boy that bought seals from James was really pissing me off!
    -WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LEAVE THE MUSIC ALONE!? Do they have some secret fetish? I mean if they want to change the music, can it be GOOD music? I'm beginning to think 4kids was a better dubber >:l

Also, this question has been bothering me for awhile: Has anyone noticed a change in the volume of the sereis? When 4kids dubbed it, the voices were at a nice volume and my TV didn't have to go all the way up to a volume of 30/50. But with PUSA, their voices seem to be really low and I have to keep my TV volume at 30/50, even when I'm right next to the screen.
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast