Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Mounting a Coordinator Assault (479)

I've noticed that... I have to dl all the episodes, being in England, but I've been going back through some of the older episodes while waiting for them to dl.

I find myself changing the volume quite a bit. Course, that could always be the quality of the files.

Who was Zoey's dub voice actor and how did she sound?

I thought she sounded ppreatty cool, really.
    Overall, this was a spiffy episode. A little Dawn development, and Marylynn's voice was cool.
    Seeing the appeals in action was also preatty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    Who was Zoey's dub voice actor and how did she sound?
    I don't know who it is, But she sounded Great.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I loved this episode, to be honest, I always have been a fan of any of the contest-related episodes.

Zoey looks great, I'm hoping her and Dawn's rivalry rivals that of May and Drew's/Harley's, though they were great, a same-sex rival is always a nice touch.

Ash's Aipom, well, I actually LIKED it in this episode, first time really, it is just so better to suited to contests, by the looks of things, I'm hoping, though it wont happen, that the Ash/Dawn trade will occur later on, if only temporarily.

I'm beginning to like Dawn more and more each episode, likewise with Piplup.

The bit of the episode which made it for me was when Ash looks for Dawn in the corridors, finds her and they do the little high five thing, it made me smile...

8/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

YES! I am so glad that they kept Dawns theme. Wow, so far I've only disliked 2 D/P episodes.

Anyway, I thought Zoey's Dub voice fit her perfectly. It sounded like someone I've heared before though. Susie from rugrats(used to watch it)?
    Well, This is easily the best episode Pusa have dubbed. I hope that they start using more Japenese BGM.

Jessie really knows how to gloat when it comes to Pokemon contests.

I'm really enjoying this season of 'Pokémon', because of episode's like this. I have been trying to work out though why at the beginning of episodes, clips from later are used. I know it is meant for a question of mystery, I just don't like the idea of doing it every episode.

Favourite part from this episode, that made me seriously laugh out loud:
    Brock:"Oh Nurse Joy, you're so huggable." (In his sleep)

Do the Robot!

I agree w/ Zoey that Dawn should have Aipom
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

it feals like ash and dawn r in love in that episode

this was a good episode nice to see zoey and good to see aipom i agree it seemed nicer in this episode

Episode was great Dawn is soo preatty in her contest dress
    A fan of SpongeBob and a fan of May/Haruka

This Banner is made by Amazingkiss

[IMG]http://i12.*******.com/2djb15c.png[/IMG]
    This Banner is made by Umi Mizuno
    I love May fans & SpongeBob fans

This episode was really good, besides the typical water type using bubblebeam in a contest. Man, the writers are so uncreative with that. Seeing Ash in a contest was really cool, especially with his Aipom. Thank god he didn't use Pikachu. Zoey seems interesting at the moment but nothing compared to Harley or Drew. The Seals looked really good in this episode. It almost makes me want to do the pathetic contests in the game

Click here to visit my fan fic, Winds of the Past

Credit to Dragodynamite for the Userbar

Not to sound annoying or ignorant, but why hasn't the title been changed to "Mounting a Coordinator Assault!"

Is it because the name is too long?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Ah yes, the introduction of Zoey. Unlike some people, I really enjoy Zoey. She's been an interesting recurring character on the series, and is certainly more likeable than Paul or Team Galactic. She may not rank as high as some other rivals on my list of favorites (tops are Gary, Drew, and Morrison), but I like her.

At least Ash learned his lesson with May in Hoenn by preparing Dawn more for her first contest, and at least Ash competed in one again. I think it was pretty obvious from this episode, at least in retrospect, that Aipom wouldn't be Ash's forever, but at least they kept us wondering about Aipom maybe participating in contests. Ash did pretty good for his first time. And Jessie did a decent job with Carnivine.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

i watch alot of contest related episodes lately which are fun but sadly are getting a bit standard. anyway this episode was really nice, dawn looked nice in that dress i must admitt that.

As Ash trains his Aipom, Dawn has a new dress for this Jubilife Pokémon Contest, which I will dare say looks pretty good already. It was even enough to get Pikachu to imitate Dawn, and later, we get to meet Zoey, who found Dawn's choker on the dressing room's floor. Aipom's "intrusion" into Pikachu's battle with Piplup was a surprise, but Ash's decision to enter the contest himself may have been a bigger one to me. Ash, Dawn, and Zoey's contest entries have proven to be outwardly striking, and perhaps all three of them will have similar experiences to this in the future.
    Babylon 5, Codename: Kids Next Door, 24, and now, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I am many things at once, and many people might have different opinions about little, old me. If freedom is my main idea, then harmony, individuality, and modernization are the three attributes I now sense and track. Those three attributes and that idea combined to make the United States of America a great global superpower and Pearlshipping and Wishfulshipping great Pokémon couples, and now, they've combined to make those four shows truly great television programs to me. I will enjoy enthusiastically supporting the Equestrian ponies' adventures for peace, for humankind, for the future.

like i said before i never liked contest episodes, and the DP ones are also not that great...
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Meta-blog: Finals done. Moving back home tomorrow. Episode re-review imminent.

As I come out of Nozomi rehabilitation here in the era of Suzuna, it is always fun to see where the madness all began. Here, she was a mere demon spawn who had not even earned her pitchfork yet (she would do so in the very next episode), and before she even appeared in the anime, folks were already pinning the lesbian label on her. Bahaha, we're so psychic. While nothing truly thrilling happens in this episode, it contains a lot of viable set-up, not limited to Hikari's first introduction to an actual contest. Aipom also deserves a mention here, being a long-winded foreshadowing of things to come. A few folks were disappointed about how little contests had changed in DP aside from stickers being a CG eyesore, and while it would have been nice to spice things up, at least we got some new (though inferior) blood.

Pochama's appeal was pretty lame. It's not like she's blasting bubbles from point blank range; rather, a Tetris tower of bubbles very slowly falls on her, but Pochama has the apparent ability to make itself multiply, thus forcing you - the viewer - to buy multiple sets of plushies. I am also not a fan of how Aipom's contest love comes from out of the blue, even if it had never before seen a contest. And at this point, Nozomi is a very dry character with no distinguishable personality outside having a fetish for 10-year-old girls' hair. Looking back on this thread, there seems to have been a lot of animation complaints, which is incredible considering not only how awful DP010 looked, but the fact that this actually may have been the best-looking DP episode up to this point. This episode is a fairly standard contest set-up overall with a few flaws, but at least at this point, I was not yet on Nozomi Derangement Syndrome.

B
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

this was a good episode cuz there is a new rival of dawn and aipom who likes contests so ash was also in, but where was the contest/gym guy who wanted to do contests too?(from a few episodes back)

Zoey was great coordinator. she has a special power.

And Piplup's appeal was great.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This episode was great. Jesse's appeal was so funny and Ash's was surprisingly good, Aipom was born for contest. Dawn's appeal was a little lackluster but it's her first contest so it's expected. Good episode though.

Why did they have Ash compete? Just to have an even four characters competing? Seems quite unneccesary.

I liked Zoey, no matter how many people bash her for no reason. She was a breath of fresh air. Talented, pretty, smart, the perfect rival for the scatter-brained Dawn.

Jesse entering a Contest legally was a shock! She's always just stealing ribbons or blowing it in the first round. 9/10

Kira- Pretty sure it's because of Aipom it was clear it wanted to go into the contest so that's why they entered it.

It was interesting to see Ash in an official Pokemon contest, I wonder what he would do with the ribbon if he won it, probably give it to Dawn most likely.

Surprised Jessie used Carivine first instead of Seviper or Dustox.
    Jessie's and Zoey's appeals wasn't that bad, I liked Ash's appeal it was cool. You could tell since late BF when Aipom got caught that he liked contests. Dawn's appealed was pretty good as well.

How come Ice Beam (When made into a huge like a castle of ice) and Bubblebeam looks like they are actual real in contests.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Well, Ash enters a contest, Jessie has a ridiculous disguise, and we meet the future winner of the Sinnoh Grand Festival, Zoey, who is getting bashed as a lesbian on this forums. Oh, joy.
    Jessie's apppeal was pretty funny, Zoey's was fairly impressive, Dawn's was a little bland when compared to what we saw in that filler, and Ash's was pretty good too.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast