Thread: The Fortress [PG-13]

Smile The Fortress [PG-13]

Rated PG-13 for language and graphic content (lol, gets a bit messy here and there)
    This story is a lost journal which is discovered by recent researchers who have stumbled upon the ruins of a once proud civilization.

The Fortress
    October 11, 1867
    The SSPR Team has finally set out for the first time to the lost civilization of a proud race of people and pokemon, apparently they have been living coexistant. They can't seem to live without one another according to the artifacts left behind. We are heading towards the site as I write this on the local train. They say it should be about 3 hour trip so I must get comfortable. Morton, the team leader is being a royal pain in the ***. He always rubs it in about how he got to become team leader of 30 men, hell, he hasn't shut up about it yet! Seriously, he thinks he is numero uno, I can't stand him, I never have.

October 12, 1867
    We have 6 days left of our expedition, the lost civilization has been an unknown mystery this entire time, we are about 2 miles from the lost city. The first day was very slow like almost all expeditions, we had to hack our way through the thick jungle around the site, many rock pokemon seem to dwell in this area, rock pokemon, fighting, steel, ground, and a mixture of those inhabit this jungle. Something just doesn't feel right, we found a brown statue which was shaped like one of the Regis, a trio of ancient and feared pokemon which one of them have been locked away in this exact area. They seem to worship these pokemon, like most of these ancient tribes, like the Aztecs, they were very successful, perhaps due to the awesome might of this pokemon? We are setting camp right at this moment, 21:33, it's going to be a full moon on our last night.

October 13, 1867
    We have left the endless jungle and are now crossing high cliffs which are 35% larger than the Grand Canyon. We have lost a man while crossing, we were attacked by a Skarmory protecting her nest, only 21 of our men had pokemon on them, but they refused to send them out, Skarmory are very aggressive, even deadly, when protecting a nest. ESPECIALLY when the eggs have hatched into young chicks. Sean Blordow has been killed because of this.

We were walking along the cliffside when all of a sudden a skarmory swooped down and perched on a ledge 10 feet above us, she wouldn't stop squawking at us, not like we can just jump off the cliff and leave alive just so she feels comfortable. When half of the team has passed by safely, she started growing steadily uneasy. Finally, she attacked, we tried to fend her off, but her steel body was far too strong to even get scratched! She used a steel wing at first, the men in the back were lucky enough to duck in time. She swooped back and used a Fury Attack, this hit Sean in the torso, it tore at his body like a rapid fire gun would, blood splatted everywhere, when he fell down, we thought he was a goner. She turned and jumped at more of the men, luckily Randy had a soccer horn on him.
    Pokemon and other animals hate loud sounds, even humans, I asked him why he brought it, he replied with his usual supportive smile, "Just in case." Now I am thankful he brought it. The soccer horn was loud enough to stun the skarmory long enough for Sean to jump her, he jumped onto her back, wrapped his arms around her neck and pulled, she was too strong and started to take off with him, but he managed to keep her on land. She twisted her neck a bit and lowered herself so she can get a grip on him, she used her left leg to push him off, but his grip was still strong, eventually, Sean and the skarmory both fell down the cliff. We had no other choice but to move on.

The Sun was setting and we saw the skarmory flying over the cliffs, we have reached more dense jungle and decided to set up camp, we know if the skarmory survived that fall, it was obvious Sean didn't. This was indeed a sad moment in our field.

October 14, 1867
    Five days left, we started on our way through the dense jungle which was full of sounds and activity, I have befriended an Aipom along the way, the little booger was quite fun to watch, he kept our spirits up as well. He seemed to have known the way to the lost site, which was an obvious turn of event, we sure needed confirmation about the site ahead because we had no idea which way we could be headed.

Five hours have passed and we took a 15 minute break. I snacked on some food and shared a bit of it with my new companion. What a funny little pokemon, we stopped suddenly because of a loud crashing sound. The entire team was alert by now, the crashing sound was coming closer, then a pair of little Teddiursas came out of the bushes. We all sighed of relief and then suddenly the crashing sound came surprisingly close. A mother Ursaring was training her cubs how to hunt, just our luck, we were in her sights, she turned to her cubs and grunted "Urse, Ring, Ursa," and they stood up, we got up and packed up, we were not going to be stuck here any longer.
    But by this action, the mother was startled, she stood up and started to roar furiously at us, we dropped instantly and played dead. This didn't help us, Aipom tried to talk to them, but the mother refused to listen, somehow, her fist started to glow a bright white and she punched Aipom, knocking him out instantly, I had to go get Aipom or he could be food, I had to help him. I jumped up without thinking and crounched over Aipom in a protective position.
    The mother had charged at me as if I were the last source of food! The team jumped up and started to help me out, this spooked the bear pokemon and the mother was outraged. She did that mega punch on a couple of men, knocking them out instantly, the same punch she used on Aipom. More men started to shoot their rifles at her, which just made her more outraged. She then did the unthinkable, she opened her jaws, and some sort of orange energy started to collect, she then blasted 3 more of our men. The blast was tremendous, shaking the area, the trees rustled, the ground trembled, the beam shot straight through the men, completely whiping out from the belt level up. The remains landed hard next to Aipom and me. The stench was unbareable, the intestines spewed out like spaghetti. I grabbed Aipom and got up, protected by 5 of our men, including Morton. Before I knew it, the mother was killed, she couldn't take the shots anymore, she collapsed in front of her cubs, which really tore at our hearts.

We had finally gotten out of the thick jungle, we had lost 6 men since the start of our expedition, which tugged at us, this expedition may have to be called off. We have reached the lost site, a great moment, we decided to set up camp, the sun is setting, our days are running out, the site is the perfect place to set up camp... or so we think.

October 15, 1867
    We have spread apart in teams of three, my team -team 14- was assigned to check out the fortress, before we could even go inside, traps were sprung. We had to flee from the fortress as soon as we could, so we gathered as many men as we could, we had 2/5 of the team and headed inside.

The Fortress itself was gigantic, the ceiling was at least 8 feet above our heads! The walls were covered in cob webs and old carvings of people and pokemon.. the one that has shown the most was a particular pokemon, the body looked like a lamp post with long arms with claws on the end, it had 7 red dots (for eyes?) in the face, the legs looked like vases. The pokemon was huge, probably about 7 feet tall.
    The room we were in was probably used for training purposes for battle and war. Spears were lying around, we saw a Spinarak inhabiting one of the vases left by a throne. The throne was big as well, everything seemed a bit oversized, were these people taller than modern day people? Hard to tell, there were no skeletons lying around so we couldn't measure. More discoveries by the minute and we are uncovering so much! I'm excited about the next entry in this journal to record what else we may find, this could be a major break through!!

October 17, 1867
    We have been attacked, this is most likely my last entry, I am bleeding heavily, many men were killed. Aipom is nowhere to be seen, probably dead as well. We discovered some chamber which had the same red dot assortment like on the face of that strange pokemon that these people have worshipped, the name was printed in some sort of strange bump assortment, we decyphered it over the 2 days. This "Steel" has a body that is harder than any kind of metal. Its body is apparently hollow. No one has any idea what this Pokémon eats. What we have read: "...Those With Courage, Those With Hope Open This Door. An Eternal Pokemon Awaits, We Sealed The Pokemon Away Because We Feared It, In This Temple We Have Lived and We Owe All To This Pokemon and Many More...."

When we opened the door, it was dark, pitch black, darker than ink itself. One of our men has sent out his Charmeleon to light up the area, well, that's when it hit. We noticed the room was at least 20 feet high, it's obviously the largest room in the entire Fortress. We only took 10 steps into the room to get a look around when we heard a deafening noise. We looked up toward the ceiling and saw it falling from the darkness which rested 15 feet and above. We saw this massive creature come falling with such great intensity! The monster crash landed on top of the back half of the group of men. The monster was recorded as REGIsteel, it was long since forgotten, only to arrive in folk tales and legends, to only be dreamt of, but now, this is reality, we are face to face to this pokemon. It has already killed half of the team and it is coming after us, we have seen only the beginning!

We now know what this thing eats, HUMANS, this beast eats humans, these were the Ritual Chambers for Registeel, people would be locked in here willingly and would be eaten, it even ate the men who it crushed on the landing. Luckily Charmeleon was with us, we figure the weakness to such a beast is FIRE! But Charmeleon is now long gone, he gave his own life to save mine, I am the few remaining men, I hear the blood curdling screams of the teams, they were to be no more. I will soon be next, here I am, lying helplessly against a dusty wall with nothing but a lit match, a journal, and the clothes on my back... All I have to regret is my family's future, please, whoever finds this journal, let my wife know that I died only with her in my mind.

Her name: Marth---
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

The rest of the journal is splattered with blood and is covered in dust and mold. The Journal was discovered by Brandon, the Battle Pyramid Brain. He was lucky to have Regirock to protect him or he would've been food too.

The End
    My TC: Team Sinister, Made by Me

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!(started by SapphireL!)
    My First Posted Fic:The Fortress

That was an excellent story, Regirock!!! I like journal entries, kind of like a diary, and the way you describe it is amazing, almost as if im there. The Charmeleon lighting the way was very original. You described the chamber witrh perfection, it was amazing! I particuralily liked the red dots on the chamber and the quote was very imaginative. It was sad that he died, he seemed like a good man that just wanted to discover. Also, he apparently loved his wife very much, and it was sad that he died without saying goodbye to his lover. And it was nice how Brandon found it. Just want to say I cant wait for this fic to continue, I love mysteries so much!! Cant wait for the next chapter!

Exclamation The Antarctic Disaster [PG-13]

This is a sequel to The Fortress, the link is in my siggy if you'd like to read it.
    This is Rated PG-13 for violence and language. The only sort of stories I really know how to do.
    Let's Begin, This Story will be a bit shortened so I can keep it together on one thread without double posting. I hope you enjoy!

The ship was becoming a bit uneasy now, Brandon was worried if they were to even reach the land. The waters were certainly restless today and are showing no signs of easing up. The lights flickered above his head, all he could hear are the shouts of the crew men constantly working on deck and the metal creaking of the bow. This wasn't much of a surprise to Brandon, he knew this sort of ship wasn't really designed for waters these merciless and frigid. He glanced out the window, the sky was gray from the highest view point all the way where it meets the horizon.

"Brandon, just to inform you, we should be reaching Antarctica in a matter of hours, perhaps 3 more tops if we're lucky." The captain came down to confirm their status, Brandon was waiting for this for the past hour and a half. The old captain was wearing two, tight red scarves and a thick parka. His droopy eyes certainly stood out from his 5 'o clock shadow and pale skin. The captain had a cup of coffee in hand and gestured to Brandon if he were to have some.

"No thanks, I will be fine, I never liked coffee, besides, I need to focus only on our arrival and the following steps." He glanced back out the window from his booth, the ship was designed for Kingler Fighing, so it had it's own little kitchen downstairs where he stayed most of the time. Still no signs of life out there, not even a Wailord, usually around this time of year, Wailords were to migrate along with their food. The last sign of a Wailord was probably about a day or two ago, that was when everything was looking up for once on this trip. Their chins were held high and strong by their confidence at that time, now those chins drooped in a hairy fuzz and clammy skin.

"Well, please feel free to help yourself to the contents in the cupboard, I haven't seen anyone take any snacks, see? Nothing has been taken what so ever." The captain searched through each one, which have the same tupperware, cans, snacks and bowls haven't shown any change since they left the half way mark where they restocked at the harbor. They left that harbor the night before after an accident occured with a couple of crewmen. They had to be dropped off at the island because of health problems, apparently they injured themselves trying to get the ship out of the docks and haven't told anybody about it. He didn't know for sure the entire story, but they were two men short and this expedition needed as many men as they needed, that's why each crewman was required to have at least one pokemon.

"Sure thing, one more question before you attend your duties... how much of this expedition do you know about and why did you decide so suddenly about going? Starting to lose faith in your workers?" Brandon glared at the captain, glared deep into his conscience.

"Well, aren't you going after pokemon?? I am a bird pokemon lover, I want to see delibirds and that new species I have heard so much about, Pakkun or something like that, gotta check that out!" The captain started to sweat, this was instantly noticed by the researcher.

"There's more, you know more of this expedition, spill it before I decide to change plans." Brandon stood up and caught his balance.

In a low voice, the captain whispered, "You are going after that ancient pokemon Regice, aren't you?" This is what Brandon wanted to hear, at least the captain is honest when threatened or pressured. "I want a shot at it, please let me battle it first, I'm sure my Walrein can take it down."

"Walrein just won't cut it, Cap'n. We need fire pokemon, which I have brought."
    "But Brandon, you already have Regirock!! Why on Earth do you want another Regi? It just isn't fair that you won't let someone else take a crack at it, with Walrein by our side, we can do anything!" The Captain was growing over confident, the LAST thing he needs to be feeling.

"Don't be reckless, you know damn well that ice pokemon need to be taken seriously, they can control the weather around them like Fire pokemon, instead of raising the temperature, they drop it, sometimes too far below, spending too much time with ice pokemon can be hazardous to your health." The ship was tossed to the side, forcing the captain and Brandon to brace themselves between the counters and tables.

"Why on Earth does a pokemon like Regice need to be here at Antarctica?? Why not the Arctic circle or Iceland?"
    "Legend has it that Regice was formed by a Mystical Power with the help of Antarctica's glaciers. Regice can heal itself with the ice around just like how Regirock can with boulders."
    "You mean replacing the damaged parts??"
    "Exactly, Reg--" The intercom sounded, a raspy voice came on calling for the captain to return to the deck. That was Alex, he was 70 years old, a very old man for an expedition like this, Brandon tried to talk him out of it, but the stubborn fool insisted, he thought he can still go against nature like he did in the late 50s, he starred in his own nature documentary, he went about with various environments, pokemon, hazards, and so on! He was the one who discovered that Carvahna evolved into Sharpedo. Nobody had such a vicious pokemon as a partner, he went into the wild and let everyone witness Carvahna in their natural habitat, by the time they reach the larger sea, they tend to evolve like Salmon who take on the salty sea from the fresh waters of rivers.
    He turned to the window again, this time he was seeing something, for the first time, a Dewgong! Amazing, he thought, he shot toward the window, peering out into the ocean, watching the Dewgongs, Sceleos, Spheals and Seels hunting in the waters, this was the first sign of fortune since they reached the Harbor.

3 hours have passed by quickly, Alex thought, he was over coated, because of his age, his handicap, he never thought he needed so much on for Antarctica, but they insisted, because he was old he was more than likely to be in the body bag. His ears felt matted underneathe the hood pressed tightly against his head, he felt like an old woman. He certainly was going to be one of the first to jump off of this god forsaken ship. His chin stung from the cold, how can something be so cold? Wasn't Global Warming supposed to be melting this place? He glanced around and saw no signs of any threats imposed by Global Warming, instead, he saw big crevasses caused by seperation of the continent wanting to break off ice, but this was a common thing, they were so close to the damned coast that this was nothing to worry about... unless someone were to push you in. His eyes darted left and right, he thought to himself: These men are trying to bury me, I know it.

The ship started to scrape against floating ice, tearing through solid chunks that pushed back. The metal screeched a metallic whine as it scraped through, some men joked about Titanic, which of course, was not suiting Brandon, he didn't want such careless men, they need to notice the dangers of the land here, whether it be REAL land or just floating ice. The ship came to a halt and the men set up for exploration. They parted into groups of three, they each had their own sled with supplies tied tightly on it, each group had to move single file, the satellite phones were guaranteed to be a flop in the plans. Brandon frowned at the very idea of communications kept by SAT PHONES!! Sure they were handy equipment, but not in this weather and climate.

The wind was merciless, never stopping, why is this?? Because of the flat surface? George couldn't figure it out, he pushed on, this was quite obvious, pair him off with the two loud mouths, Sammy Greethor and Ryan Zimmerman. These two can't shut their mouths to save their lives! For the past hour of tredging through snow and ice of this ****ing Snow Cap, he was hoping the wind would freeze their mouths shut, but by talking about the tricks of snagging a powerful pokemon by shifting their fingers in a weird way as if pressing buttons seems to keep them warm. He even heard of a few random things they spoke of, Reh-jise?? He couldn't be sure, but he knew not to trust rumors as they are not guaranteed.
    George's dark brown beard was beginning to frost, how the hell can hair frost up so soon? His button nose was red, pretty much looked like Frosty the Snowman. His goggles sure didn't help his appearance, in fact, they were frosting up too! It's a good thing he's still only 34 years old and 200 pounds or he would be as lucky as Alex, everyone assumed if someone were to die, it was him.

Alex grumbled as he trudged along behind the slob of the crew, Frederick Albsime. The very idea of being behind this fat tub of lard was already murder, why can't the men admit they want him dead? Hell, he would feel better if he were behind Lisa Temmawhick, the gorgeous 25 year old field researcher, now why can't they let him enjoy the last moments of his life with a hot body like that?? Everything about her was flawless, AND NATURAL, no plastic among that field of study that's for sure! He glanced behind him, the sled, what a boring tool set, he remembered his times in Australia, where he went scuba diving through the coral and saved a gorgeous life guard from the sting ray, now who was it that just recently died from a sting ray?? Someone important, but he didn't remember, perhaps Alzheimers is starting to attack him, hope not... on the other hand, he wouldn't mind forgetting about this trip that's for sure! He turned toward the horizon, stopping suddenly because of the glorious light show being displayed. Perhaps life wasn't so stupid, he had fun many times before. If he were to die, he would want to die under those lights, now how did they become to be?? Something about the rays reflecting off of a what'cha ma-call-it?? Screw it, he's not going to boggle his brain over such trivial things.

Shermon Troysburn stopped suddenly, something was off, he raised his hand to gesture a moment to rest for the others behind him, the slob and the old guy, he was so happy to be in this group because he was the tough guy of the group, the REAL man, the Today's Man, the Hero of the group, he sure felt good of himself, he isn't suffering from Arthritis like the old ******* and isn't out of shape and disgusting to look at like Mr. Millenium behind him. He looked around the area and still haven't noticed anything suspicious... but that feeling, he always gets that feeling when something is wrong, whether it was out in the open or not. He heard that weird sound again, he turned and looked at his group, the old man was standing beside the exhausted slob, who was in fact, lying on their sled, the equipment couldn't be damaged... no, they should be fine, something else, far bigger, far worse... but what?? He couldn't quite put his finger on-- THERE IT WAS!!

Sammy did a 270 degree turn to check the surroundings, his bearings, his chatter buddy, his team leader, the equipment... now what? Something loud just crashed, was it a Walrein?? He thought Walreins only lived up north, but he was wrong before, he charged towards the cliff to look out to the ocean, no Wailords jumping, not even the measily Wailmers that everyone hates to fish up, those friggin' blimps couldn't keep away from a Super Rod whether it was designed to look like a Sharpedo! He heard the crunching sound again, this time, it wasn't stopping. He turned toward the north-western horizon where the sound was coming from, he pulled out his mini telescope (his prized possession) to his horror, he saw the unimaginable, he turned to George and yelled for assistance A.S.A.P.

George turned irritably, "WHAT IS IT?!" The chatterbox wanted him in on the conversations, he just knew it, but as soon as he turned, he felt something go wrong, as if someone just reached down his throat and squeezed his heart tightly in their fist. He couldn't even speak over what he was witnessing...

Alex froze, he didn't know what to do, whether to stay calm as if this were quick sand or run like mad. The ice shelf was breaking away right underneathe him, of course he knew it wouldn't be sudden, perhaps just a few meters down but it wouldn't drop all the way to the bottom or even worse, split off the continent. He turned to the slob, gestured to run, but the response was something he didn't like one bit, the fat ******* shook his head no! As if he had a choice to run or not, he walked closer and yelled over the wind into his ear "Better high tail it now or die regretting!" This got the lard bucket's attention, he shot right up as if he just got revived by God himself, and charged forward with surprising speed, this shocked and amazed Alex all at once, who knew this fat chump could run?? But before he could register all the events going on at this moment, the rope on his waist jerked him forward, he was thrown off of his feet, literally, and like that old lady with the dog advertisement, he was shot forward as if Fred was a Space Shuttle! What a man, Alex thought, coming through with this-- then suddenly everything went black and he passed out.

Sherman jolted back from the sudden force, something happened to his team, he was thrown onto the ground, he turned onto his stomach and grabbed onto the ground as if it would help. He was getting dragged down into the crevice, the crevise in which Fred was foolish enough to charge right into, the slob was actually becoming quite the track star at the moment, and now Sherman was trying to save not only his own life, but the old man's and the slob's. He grabbed nothing but handful of snow and dirt, he reached with his left hand, his good hand, for his belt, he had to pull out the... GOT IT! He gripped the pick axe tightly and slammed the sharp end as hard as he could into the ground, this slowed their progression, the pick axe was scraped along the ground, he knew he broke through, but the wait, if only, he could cut the pack off of them and they would lose a good 40-60 pounds of weight. He reached and found a knife, he called out to Fred, who was out like a light, terrific, his life is in serious danger and BOTH of his team members were in serious trouble. He tried again with the pick axe, this time, it halted. He sighed in relief as the tension slowly lifted, but he realised he wasn't out of the woods just yet. He needed to get out of the crevice now or never. He was adjusting his grip for more comfort and when suddenly, the pick axe broke free, the entire thing pulled straight out of the ground and he went flying backwards, before he could even get married, his life is over! He screamed for help as he flew back but no help, nobody was around, he didn't see anybody in front of him trying to rush to his aid. He was getting really close to the crevice now, he felt his legs slide past the ground, he was up to his neck holding on for dear life with both arms when he realized it was the end. He couldn't even say good bye to his family, he felt his arms weaken as he started to cry. As he fell off the edge of the land, someone grabbed his arm, he didn't know and he didn't care, SOMEBODY came to his rescue! It was Brandon, that son of a *****! He really came back for them, and all this time he thought Brandon was miles ahead tracking down Regice.

Sammy saw it all through his beloved mini telescope, his entire team saw the sudden rescue, they cheered as Brandon's team pulled them out of the crevice. Someone was looking out for that team, but it sure wasn't Brandon, he chuckled at the thought. He turned to continue to chat with his buddy.

2 hours of walking through this mountain, Mt. Terror was such a let down, almost the entire crew thought it was a scary mountain when all along it was a sweet appalachian mountain. Sammy looked up at the clouds overhead, they don't look storm worthy, but not to be over looked all together. He turned to look back but bumped into Jeff Kroger, the most rude member of the crew. Of course, Jeff made a nasty remark when bumped into, Jeff even shoved him aside into the mountain wall, an icicle jabbed into his lower back, the pain made him shout suddenly. Jeff turned toward him and looked up the mountain.
    "You best be prepared to take the heat when an Avalanche gets started because of you." Jeff snarled.
    "Hey, it was your fault I shouted, you need to be more considerate toward others." Sammy shot back.
    "Not likely, if you weren't so damn clumsy, maybe I didn't have to shove you, now shut the hell up or I will do it for you!" He plucked his pokeball off of his belt, Sammy reacted by plucking his Net Ball off of his belt, they were going to battle.
    "Hey now, quit it, save your pokemon for Regice or capturing some wild pokemon you would love to have, alright?" Brandon cut in. Sammy put his ball away and muttered something about his Cloyster was going to mop the floor with Jeff. Jeff put his ball away and stood staring at Sammy.
    "You best run away now why you still can, prick!" Sammy felt a flood of rage over come him and he charged at Jeff at full force, he was really going to deck him across the face, luckily for the two of them, Brandon was there to shut the two up.

Out of the blue, something stirred, a white colored pokemon appeared out of the snow, it was a Seel, it must have been abandoned by its family, Sammy wanted to catch it, but Jeff had other plans, the two were quickly back at each others' throats and then suddenly the mountain shook. Everyone calmed down quickly, everyone was frozen, the mountain shook again. Could it be? An avalanche, to everyone's horror that there was no exit. They just had to move forward, swiftly and lightly. Nothing could tell what happened next, a loud CRASH roared across the sky, making the entire crew jump. It was a storm, not a thunder storm, but a lightning storm, men charged ahead, hoping to not get caught in an avalanche nor hit by lightning, but to top it all off, not to fall down the mountainside. They hurried ahead and suddenly, CRASH, a lightning bolt struck a crew member in the shoulder, sending him flopping off the side stunned, everyone saw him fall a good 60 feet at least before his death. This made them hurry faster, Jeff rushed past everyone and elbowed Sammy in the ribs along the way. Sammy howled in agony as people rushed forward, only one person helped him up to his feet, Lisa Temmawhick, the loveliest woman he ever put his eyes on. She helped him up quickly to his feet with surprising strength and the two ran with the group.

Three hours have passed since the stampede in the mountains and they have reached Regice's lair. Somewhere deep in Antarctica's body, far away from the coast. The crew headed into a dark tunnel which was pitch black, no light could come into this dark, frozen cave. Icicles greeted them by the numbers, the crew lit a flare to get a good look around the cave, just as the flare lit up, the entire crew was suddenly blinded by the brightness reflecting back at them, the entire cave looked like a brilliant, sapphire glass. The reddish-orange glare finally dimmed a bit so they could make out the impressions.

Ice twisted around to make it look like vortexes inside the glass-like walls, the crew could see their skewered reflections on the walls, icicles stretched from the ceiling 8 feet above their heads, obviously the place mother nature went crazy with the decorations. A man among the group muttered something about hanging christmas lights for a little color to add in. Something boomed far ahead of them, the boom shook the entire room and the crew. Snow and dirt rained on them from each loud boom from far ahead, nobody knew how deep caves could go, but somewhere far ahead, lie a beast waiting for them.

The crew ventured onward through the brilliant sapphire-emerald colored cave, the deeper they went, the more emerald color they spotted, they headed forward. The walls were covered in marks ingraved from a long time ago, Brandon was flipping through the book that he discovered around Registeel's Fortress, and noticed the similar designs here as well as all the way deep in the jungle. This was indeed Regice's place. Instead of red dots placed neatly on a monster which was worshipped, instead, it was arranged like a plus sign, the sign's horizontal line had more dots than the vertical, the people portayed in the cave paintings seem to have captured this creature and locked him away in this cave.

Before the researchers could go on examining the walls, the loudest boom yet has blasted across the cave, which shook the cave furiously, icicles came down like forks and knives dropping from racks, the walls vibrated and the ceiling hummed. People tripped over each other like Tom and Jerry in a soap-covered room! Then the ground shook even harder, then suddenly, the entire crew started to slide farther down into the cave, away from safety.

When they landed, they had to get their bearings, the flare was almost out, the holder stood up, lifted the flare above his head when suddenly, a massive body came crashing through the walls, the perfect hiding place. It raised its bulky arms into the air, screeched a loud cry and then shot at least one hundred icicles from its hands, it pummeled the man as he stood, when the flare went out, the man screamed a blood-curdling cry and then... Brandon was splashed with hot liquid, he quickly realized what it was. The people panicked and started to head out, but since they had no flare, they were easy pickings for Regice. Brandon could hear the terrified screams of the crew and the sudden response from Regice, the loud booming roar from Regice was enough to knock out a few light hearted people. Brandon stood up, lit his flare and looked around, some people were still looking for an exit while dead bodies ranging from the 30s were all over the place. He saw Regice fly at him with knife like fingers, he gripped his pokeball and called out Regirock!
    Before anything could be said, Regirock and Regice were locked in arms, grappling each other. Not moving one ince, Brandon wanted to send out his Registeel as well, but decided only when necessary. He saw Regice make the first move, it raised its left arm into the air and brought it down in full force. "Regirock, use Iron Defense!" Brandon shouted, Regirock obeyed the command, covered his chest with both arms and easily blocked the attack. Regice tried again and again, no prevail and Brandon responded with a Body Slam attack, Regirock charged straight forward with full velocity at Regice, right before collision, Regice used Iron Defense himself! Brandon thought hard, Rock throw, Hyper Beam, Rock Slide were all risky moves, they had to be outside, which gave him the idea.

"This way," Sammy cried out to Brandon, he charged forward, he had to fight his tears knowing his chat buddy, Alex, Lisa, and Fred were all lost, George however, was fine, which was a good sign. Brandon nodded back and turned to Regirock and commanded a Submission! Regirock grappled with Regice one more time, wrapping its arms around Regice's body, squeezing as it brought Regice's limbs to their limits. Regice had no choice but to give into the submission and started to drag it out of there. Brandon went out afterwards with a couple of survivors.

Regice and Regirock struggled to take each other down, Regice was in its perfect habitat, which gave it a home team advantage, but Regirock should be the victor or this trip would have been jeopordized since the beginning. He hasn't even considered the lost lives which were claimed trying to go into the lair and leaving the lair. "Regirock, Hyper Beam!!" Commanded Brandon, Regirock lifted both arms into the air and charged the energy for a Hyper Beam, which Regice did the same, both of them sent out a Hyper Beam at the same time, the explosion was deafening, sending both fighters flying backwards. Brandon shielded his face from the sheer cold and the winds combined with the winds caused by the explosion. Regice jumped out of the black cloud of smoke first, crashing out of the western side, Regirock crashed out of the Eastern side, both not down, both giving it their all. Regirock tried a lock on, so did Regice, Regirock used Rock Throw while Regice countered with an Icy Wind. Regice constructed the winds like a consultant, it moved its arms in gentle movements and then the icy winds whipped around Regirock, like instructed. Regirock tried to protect itself from the harsh attack but to no success, instead, since this took place in Antarctica, Icy Wind gains power and can freeze the opponent solid in mere minutes, which happened to Regirock, who was doomed at the start of the match.

Brandon recalled his Regirock and sent out another ball, this time, a Timer Ball, out came Registeel. Regice seemed surprised at the match, but otherwise confident, all Brandon needed was Regice weakened, not out. He made Registeel combine Iron Defense, Metal Claw, and Hyper Beam all in one streak! Registeel came out on top, in mere minutes, Regice was on the ground, exhausted, same as Registeel. Now was the time, Brandon thought, he threw his Timer ball at Regice, one shake, two shakes, three shakes, the ball halted. The light remained on, but has stopped shaking, does this mean Regice is still fighting back? This was always a pain, Brandon thought to himself, having to capture Regirock, Registeel, then Regice all by himself was already a pain, but they are stubborn! The light slowly vanished on the ball and Brandon, with much success, has captured his final Regi.

The ride back home was horrible, over half the crew were gone, they have died in the Regice's Lair, it was magnificent sight, they admitted, but the thought of the bodies everywhere, even Alex has died, he was out cold the entire time and he was killed. Brandon tried to focus all his attention on his three Timer Balls, each containing a Regi of three different elements, Regi the Ice Element, Regi the Rock Element, and Regi the Steel Element. Each one was locked away because people had feared them, worshipped them. Now he has them under his control and he will use their power to become unbeatable..

20 minutes prior to arrival, Brandon had received a phone call, it was that dopey kid, the annoying kid who just doesn't know when to quit, he had faced him before with both Regis, but now, this annoying brat will get what's coming to him!

"Hey, Brandon, ya ready for our BATTLE??" asked the challenger with fire in his eyes.
    "Yes I am, Ash, and believe me, you will not survive this match, I guarantee!" Brandon grinned, at least this kid knew a good challenge when he saw one.

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature!(started by SapphireL!)

Would you like to tell us what ships are involved before I close this?
    And you are allowed to double-post if the chapter goes over the character limit. *read the rules!* -.-
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

they used kingler fishing ships, besides i know that i can if it passes character limit, but i don't want to

is there a way of merging this thread with my other thread, It's in my siggy
    Last edited by Regirock; 15th December 2006 at 4:06 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Regirock View Post
    they used kingler fishing ships

I think he ment the relationship type of ships that this thread is named for.

It's the title for the story, all about the adventure in Antarctica and the Regice expedition, im guessing i named it bad

This is the shipping fics section which means there has to be some sort of relationSHIP going on between two characters. That is what they're referring to when they ask what kind of ships are involved. Pokeshipping (AshxMisty), Contestshipping (MayxDrew), etc. If you don't have anything of the sort in this story then you probably put it in the wrong section and it should go here instead:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Hope that helps. =D

Also, instead of writing "2 hours" and "3 hours" you should write the actual word out. "Two hours" and "Three hours" makes it look better.

~~Awesomeness~~

No ships, no good. This is the SHIPPING fic section, which means we have only romance stories that deal with pairings. -.- *moves*
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<

thanks for merging it for me. Sorry for the late response, i didn't quite catch the relationship part, but thanks Hullo for clearing it up for me. =D

another entry! This one is over the capture on Regirock! I need to edit the posts so that they'll be in the right order.
    The Capture on Regirock, my latest addition, this one should be placed as Chapter one, i will edit it after im done.
    Rated PG-13 like the first one.

The rocks were damp from the rain last night, the trails were muddy and thick, it was impossible to drive through it. Brandon looked out of his window as his friends drove ahead, "Dreary day, eh, Brandon?" The driver was trying to break the silence.

"No, Ted, I'm fine, I just got to prepare my actions more thoroughly." His eyes never left the window.
    "Well, Brandon, you can't punish yourself over what happened on the way here, ya know?" Ted couldn't stand when Brandon was like this, it was uncalled for. He continued to drive steadily behind the troops, he can see why Brandon wanted the ancient pokemon of the rare elements. They were promising, surely not an easy catch. They were known to have been sleeping for quite some time, longer than the entire civilization of the Egyptians! He couldn't shake this odd, eerie feeling he has been having since the departure from the airport, this place was new to him, but that wasn't a reason to get the largest goosebumps known to man.

"I guess you're right, the rock slide was a freak of nature, there was no predicting that, but still losing 3 men is not an easy thing to get over, especially if they were your best friends since college."

"I understand that, Brandon, but there is nothing we can do for them now until we get home, now just to let you know, we're about to hit the mid-point."
    "What's beyond the mid-point?" Brandon wasn't even paying attention, that's what Ted easily figured out. He just kept his mouth shut, Brandon didn't need this sort of behavior, it wasn't good for him.

Brandon has been a champion his whole entire life, nothing could stop him from his goals. He became a "brain" at the pokemon frontier on his first go. They say it takes years to earn such a position after speaking to the head manager of the place. Ted wasn't much a pokemon trainer, he only had his Alakazam and that was it, nothing else, his Abra was by his side since the beginning of his journey and he stuck with Abra, he couldn't bother his time catching other pokemon, he spent all of his journey into raising that one Abra.

Brandon saw something over the cliff. Something dark colored, large, and surely nasty. Brandon, without even thinking, jumped out of the moving vehicle and tumbled with the moving ground. Ted immediately stopped the car and jumped out, also not even thinking, and charged after him, almost getting hit by the other driving troops. The area was hot, much hotter than this morning, but then again, deserts were always cool without the sun being out. They have arrived here in Pakistan since 4 in the morning, the dark sky hasn't even shown life. It was only 9 am and it was already over 100 degrees F. He had not prepared for such a hot day, he figured they were to be caving or mountain climbing and that was the only activity they were to have outside.

Brandon charged after the image he has saw lurking in the background, could it have been a pokemon he was after? He knew it couldn't have been Regirock as that ancient pokemon was always beneathe the caves. He finally caught up to the pokemon and it was indeed an Onix. This rare pokemon was never sighted at his home town nor at the town's cave which inspired this expedition. He decided to capture this awesome creature while he had the chance.

Onix was hunting for raticates, the delicious, plump rodent pokemon that was quite common to find, he needed food, fast. He hasn't eaten anything for 2 days now and he was becoming agitated. He leaped off the ground and burrowed underneathe the sand to see if possibly a sandshrew or a dugtrio could be found. 5 minutes of burrowing and he came back to the surface even more agitated. This time, there was some punk who wanted to battle it, Onix didn't care for a match, he knew he'd lose if the trainer was smart enough or experienced, but he was also famished which threw off his game. He peered down at the pink creature with anger for disturbing his hunt, his stomach growled in rage for the lack of substance, he needed food, why can't these dimwitted monkeys ever learn?!

The pink, hairless monkey threw some weird red and white ball and out came a Sand Slash, an inedible rodent, not his food, Onix dove down at the quilled ******* and rammed his horn into its gut, sand slash looked unmoved and has burrowed under ground, this time, Onix charged the trainer, who does this pink thing think it is?! Onix is a friggin' rock snake, no way would he be out-burrowed by some ground porcupine. Onix rammed the trainer, he smiled in content that victory was at hand but then felt something itchy on his neck, the base of his neck, now the itch has moved several feet down his spine, the friggin' pink thing was ON HIM!! Onix thrashed around and shook his head, he had to get this lice off of him immediately, he usually could stay calm in this situation but something made him flip. Sand Slash leaped from the ground and smashed into his belly, sending him flying into the air. As he landed, he was much too weak to even move, why has this become of him? He was such a powerful pokemon, with much to be proud of and a history to brag. The trainer threw the ball at him and he blacked out.

Brandon walked back to the jeep with a smug face, Ted was walking behind him, he opened the door for the victorious trainer and ran around to the driver's seat, "You might want to bring him to the pokemon center, that match was far too easy." Brandon, yet again, was ignoring Ted. This is what drove Ted wild, Brandon was always the center of attention and when he was able to become at least a person to listen to, Brandon would ignore him. He turned his attention back to the road and sped off, the dark clouds were long gone and the sun was already baking him.

The day was April 3rd, 2009 and Ted was on the phone, he had an open notebook and was jotting down notes as quick as he could as the speaker on the other line was talking. Ted nodded a few times within the minute and finally bid his farewell, the phone was old and made a clang as it hit the mount, Ted turned to Brandon and recited what was mentioned a minute before. Brandon was polishing his pokeballs as he looked over the couch to Ted. "The news is out, weird symbols that resembled ancient pokemon civilization has been discovered by Relic Cavern. I suggest we pack up now because the weather will be far more treacherous in the mountains." Brandon nodded and headed towards his loft. The hotel they were staying at looked like it was made in the 1980s, he was glad to hear such news.

On the way out, at the reception's counter, Brandon knocked a rhythm with his knuckles, the common method to pass time when there was nothing to do besides standing around and waiting. The receptionist couldn't be anymore obnoxious, she was rude, her remarks were uncalled for, but he was just glad to get out and catch his new pokemon. She handed him a recepit, which he signed, and told him off as they were walking out the door.

The jeeps were waiting with extra gear, all of the men ready to go were bundled up thick despite the scorching sun. The air conditioning was obviously blasting inside, the two men climbed in and the line of jeeps sped off. They fled past city streets, through old villages, past lines of traffic, and finally were almost 30 miles from the mountains.

When they were closing in the mountain terrains, the landscape was undoubtedly amazing, not a single word could be uttered as the tall mountain chains stretched ahead, as they were approaching, it seemed as though the mountains fled. If they could at least speak a word, the audience wouldn't be able to listen, the icicles reached an impecible 4-6 feet down. It looked like frozen fingers or snakes trying to hug them as they drove by. The land around them narrowed and were becoming engulfed in white, snowy sand. Everything was amazing and the photos that were taken could be worth money. They reached their destination and greeted the ranger. The ranger had at least 8 experienced hikers ready to go, each had 4 pokeballs on their belts, so they must be great trainers as well, Brandon thought of using his new Onix to battle them but that would have to wait afterward.

They were heading up a steep slope, which seemed impossible to climb, one man had a camerupt to carry his stuff, too bad the only pokemon Brandon had wouldn't be able to take the pressures of this altitude and temperature. Ted was cradling his arms as he shivered quite loudly, the wind howled as they were coming closer to their goal, they were 200 feet above ground level and time couldn't possibly crawl any slower, in fact, a baby could crawl faster than that. He pushed on as best as he could at the moment, he wished the cave would be right around that corner, or above that trench, but alas, it stayed idle and unwelcoming. They had at least another 900 feet to climb and the next base was 400 feet away, that spot was assigned to rest and stay the night, how could have the day passed so quickly??

One hour later, the lead hiker was grinning, he raised his halting hand and assigned tents for each man, the camp was teaming with researchers left and right, all men wore matching parkas, carried equipment, and even had their own tents. Brandon watched one scientist rush into a nearby tent, the wind blew the flaps like clothes on a line. He caught a glimpse of blue blubber and white fluffy fur, he also spotted a white and red sphere, he could tell that was the one scientist's pokemon, a Walrein and an Electrode, quite the combo, Brandon itched for a battle, but couldn't, this was his frustration.

The ground trembled for a good minute, all men and pokemon were frozen stiff, waiting for what could happen, curious as to what was the cause. Once the trembling seized, the activity sprung back to life. The entire thing seemed as though it were a dream, nobody acted with caution at that very second the tremor calmed, everything went back to fast pace. Brandon heard a familiar commotion due to the west of camp, furthest away from the edge. He headed toward the welcoming sound he had grown accustomed to. When he approached, he saw one man collapsing to his knees in defeat. The victor had a skarmory and the team was cheering, the trainer's name was Herb Losterium aka "Champ." He was a rival to Brandon since mid high school years. The guy was celebrity material, Brandon was scruffy, he was like a hiker, he had the build but he didn't have the looks that Champ possessed.

The preppy victor waved his hand to the females of the expedition, he grinned, his shiny teeth sparkled in the sun light that warmed up as he won. He scratched his chin as he saw Brandon, rumor had it whenever Champ scratched his chin, an angel got their wings, but the cold hard truth behind the chin scratching was that Champ felt a challenge nearby, that was what Champ wanted, what really struck him with awe was his opponent, this really cheered him up. Scientists all over the area were placing bets on who would win, there was even a score board brought up for the occasion, Ted saw it as a scrap of junk, unnecessary for the travel.
    - ____________
    - | { C vs B } |
    - | | 0 | 0 | |

C was meant for Champ, and B was obviously Brandon, the two grinned at each other and threw their first pokeball. Brandon has sent out his Onix to match up against Champ's Sandshrew. The sandshrew was a serious let down, Brandon expected a REAL challenge, but a sand shrew was nothing compared Onix, sure it could have an advantage, but Onix out performed Sandshrew in all fields.

Onix came out with a grumbling stomach, he was irritated, it was one day since his capture, he had an unsatisfying meal at a building full of injured pokemon and he just couldn't take his anymore. He looked down at his opponent, this caused a light in Onix's eyes. He can finally have a fresh meal, his first in 5 days. He started to drool, sandshrew had an uneasy look on his face, this was a first for all pokemon trainers to watch in horror as another trainer's pokemon was eaten by another. The Onix roared in excitement and charged straight at Sandshrew, he clamped his jaws around Sandshrew and it was devoured at once, Champ's jaws gaped as he looked in sheer surprise, what the hell happened?? His pokemon was gone, his pokemon was EATEN!! The score board was knocked over by another tremble, the entire mountain side started to shake, Onix finished off sandshrew very fast and looked up to see the mountain shaking in rage.

"Onix, return!!" Brandon wasn't thinking, he was acting off of instinct, he called back Onix, rushed to Ted, and the two men charged toward the trail to go higher, it was senseless to go to the camp when this was occuring, an avalanche was sprung, Champ stood there in awe, not even moving an eyelash, he just stood fixed at the same position since the beginning of the battle, Brandon gripped his arm and carried him off. The shelf of snow fell toward the campsite and swept it off the side of the mountain, scientists, two hikers, and Champ's cheerleaders were all gone, never to be seen by their eyes again, it was so sudden, none of the team could have recalculated the event.
    There was only one thing to do, seek shelter in Relic's Cavern, which was 500 feet ahead, they didn't have the rest they needed, so it was going to be a very long climb.

The cavern was just meer inches ahead, they just needed 3 more steps, but each man has collapsed in the snow outside of it, the dark interior was more welcoming than the bright, windy snow was. They knew the deeper they went, the warmer it was, every cave, no matter of the location, would stay at 70 degrees deep inside. The team crawled with every ounce of will power they had left and each member who made it inside, blacked out. The one hiker who DIDN'T make it inside, died that day.

"Brandon..." The shaky voice called him out. "Brandon... It's time to get up." Brandon was seeing his mom standing over him, watching him with concerned eyes.
    "..." Brandon couldn't speak, his energy was sucked out of him, he was delirious, he couldn't even recall the events that occured the moment before. He thought to his mother with so many questions, she just smiled at him and vanished, the man who took her spot, the blurry man, Ted, was standing over him, in fact, when Brandon came to, the entire team (minus 1) was watching over him with deep concern. He slowly got up, aching all over. "Time to go on?" The team nodded and headed down into the cave where the sleeping pokemon awaited. Brandon gripped the purple ball inside his left hand, feeling along the grooves on the top, the grooves were smooth, the distinct M was standing out. This ball is going to be used, the Master Ball was all he needed and they would leave the cavern and head home for a good, long sleep.

The cavern was as black as ink, he tried to see as much as he could, but he was blind, the hikers were rummaging through their bags for the helmets, they seem to have forgotten them at the base camp. Ted shook his head as he heard them mutter, he heard one hiker kick his bag several times, swearing in his native language. Ted reached in his bag and found the familiar round ball, he called out Alakazam.
    "Shush, we can not awaken the beast!" One hiker snapped, "If we do so, it will respond in unimagineable ways."
    "Alakazam, use flash, light up this dank dungeon!" Ted ordered, Alakazam reached out in the air with his spoon and his body started to light up, this caused a brilliant Flash to go throughout the entire cavern, he continued to glow so they had light, Brandon nodded in approval and the team set back on track, Champ was not as eager to move on.

"So what exactly are we doing??" Champ asked, Brandon gave a brief summary and Champ shook his head in disapproval. He was more upset that they would go and do such a stupid move, a LEGENDARY pokemon who has been sleeping longer than centuries, how glorious. He followed not so quickly after them, a few times the team had to tell him to keep up. He yawned loudly, irritatingly, and they heard a loud, abrupt reply.
    "That was Regirock's cry" one native cried out, he started to panic, he was sweating heavily, his eyes widened in fear, then to his shreik of panic, he tried to run. Two of his comrades grabbed his arms and kept him there, Alakazam started to worry as well, he looked up and couldn't make out the formations, he started to glow a little brighter, the formations weren't natural, this must be the doorway to Regirock's tomb.

Every member stared upward, even the panicking native stopped screaming and looked up, the ceiling was very high, at least a good 30 feet, this was unnecessary knowing Regirock was only 6 feet tall. They each gulped, one at a time, nervously, they stepped forward, they heard the loud roar, and finally, out came a monster, so large, so mysterious, it wasn't Regirock. Have they stumbled across the wrong chamber?! The men started to scream as the monster cried out, Alakazam used a little more energy to brighten to reveal the monster was no other than Steelix. Steelix charged at them, Alakazam crossed his spoons in front of him, arms spread out, and formed a protective barrier to stop the tackle. The impact was great, almost knocking out his arms, it shook the entire cavern.

Dust started to rain upon Steelix and the group, Steelix must be guarding Regirock's tomb, Alakazam and Brandon both thought. Steelix lashed out again and this time, Alakazam teleported the entire group past Steelix and to safety. Steelix still came crashing down and slammed into the ground, this attack started to bring down the entire area, the room was shaking ferociously and the team stumbled as they ran. Alakazam watched the ceiling carefully as he ran along with the group. They heard Steelix closing in on them, they started to run even faster, one hiker stopped abruptly to take on Steelix and give the group a chance to escape, the other hikers watched on as Steelix dove down at the hiker and his camerupt and then the entranceway gave in, the entire entrance collapsed and buried the three forever.

The team stopped, they have lost all motivation to move on, the hikers refused to go forward, they were crying rivers and bawled out like little babies, they were yelling out in anger, sorrow in their native language, apparently the other hiker was either a very great friend or a relative. After one hour of them crying, the team was able to move on, Regirock was only mere meters ahead. The team suddenly nervous, even the great Brandon sweat. They entered a luminated room, the large, round cave was glowing a brilliant brown, there in the very center, lied Regirock itself.

Brandon whispered "Go Onix!" He threw his pokeball straight up into the air, out comes Onix, ready for battle, he yelled out in a cry for battle and stared straight at Regirock from a higher ledge. No response, Onix was roaring in anger for the ignorance Regirock was displaying. Regirock was still sleeping, oblivious to all that was happening around it. Suddenly, a quake occured from afar, distinct rocky doors flew open, even though they were deep inside Regirock's tomb, they could hear these doors, one hiker spoke of a myth explaining that if someone solves the puzzle near Pacifidlog town, all the doors across the world would open, even this one, the quake loosened the ledge that Onix was perched on and it gave in, Onix fell a good 10 feet and crashed right on top of Regirock's head, Onix was dizzy and felt himself lifting off of the ground, he looked down to see Regirock (who was half his size) picking him up above his head and throwing him right into the wall.

Brandon was astounded at such strength, Regirock threw Onix like he was nothing and yet Onix was twice his size! Regirock looked up at Brandon and the team and started to walk towards them. The team started to freak out, but Brandon smirked, in times of trouble, he was always dependable, able to stand up and face the largest challange of their lives! Brandon walked toward the edge of the pathway they were standing on and he watched Regirock climb the steep hill toward them, it was slow, but it was deadly. He clenched his fists tight in anxiety, he may have been nervous, but he was ready for the biggest battle he has ever had. He stepped forward, just to be pushed aside by Champ, Mr. Sensitivity.

"I have this guy! GO MACHAMP!!" He slung back his arm and threw his pokeball high up in the air, Machamp came crashing down, as he landed the ground around his feet crunched. Machamp started to charge at Regirock, who stood there patiently, and was going to use a submission attack. Regirock curled up in a ball, some sort of fetal position, and Machamp just bounced right off of him, this struck Machamp by surprise, he sprung back and charged again, this time, he grabbed Regirock by the legs with all four arms and started to swing him around. Machamp cried out in effort and threw Regirock as far as he could, only 5 feet away. Regirock started up a hyper beam, Machamp gasped and started to run, but as the hyper beam launched, it was dead on, it plowed into the back of Machamp and sent him flying forward right through a wall. Champ ran off after Machamp with concern for his beloved pokemon, when he arrived at the defeated Machamp, he collapsed on his knees crying.

Brandon knew that hyper beam was quite lethal, it killed Machamp as soon as he crashed through the wall head first. Regirock turned to Champ and roared. "CHAMP, GET OUT OF THERE!!" Brandon yelled, but Champ didn't move, his eyes fixed on his beloved pokemon, Champ only glanced up a bit as Regirock started charging a hyper beam. "CHAMP, YOU HAVE TO RUN!! GET THE f*** OUT OF THERE!!!!" Brandon was screaming as hard as he could, but Champ didn't move. "YOU IDIOT! DON'T BE STUPID!! GET OUT OF THERE, RUN!" Tears started to flow down his face as he watched on as Regirock shot him with his Hyper Beam.

Onix was watching the entire thing, he saw Brandon's expression, the concern he had for his opponent, his rival, Onix clearly put two and two together, he was becoming thrilled, he wanted a piece of Regirock now, he was anxious for this battle, imagine, taking down an ancient pokemon who could easily kill the advantages. Onix leaped up and dove straight down at Regirock. He struck Regirock in the back, knocking him down, Onix felt satisfied, but barely, as he was crushing Regirock with his weight. Brandon turned to Onix, "ONIX USE BIND!!" Onix took the end of his tail and swooped it underneathe Regirock, he started to wrap around the hips, around the waist, and finally around the shoulders and started to squeeze. Regirock didn't seem moved, it didn't even seem to notice that it was getting squeezed. All it did was stare at Onix, the blank, murderous stare. Onix started to sweat from all of the effort he was giving to crush Regirock, then to his horror, he looked down at Regirock, who was charging a hyper beam. By instict, Onix threw Regirock across the tomb, who smashed into the side of the wall, taking the entire side down with him. Onix roared in triumph as he saw no signs of Regirock.

The cloud of dust from the collapsed rock started to settle and clear, there, Regirock started to stand up. Rocks poured off of his shoulders as the arranged dots on his face started to glow. To Onix's horror, Regirock charged up another Hyper Beam and shot it straight at Onix's head. "ONIX!! Use Dig!!" Brandon's words were clear, stern, demanding. Onix leapt up and burrowed underneathe the ground with the Hyper Beam barely missing his tail. Onix started to go deeper and deeper underground, surely Regirock would follow him. Brandon looked over at the slow moving Regirock who calmly walked over to the hole in which Onix burrowed. It approached the gap and just jumped right in. "NO!! ONIX YOU HAVE TO RESURFACE!!" Brandon shouted and with no prevail. Seconds turned into minutes, all they could hear was burrowing and crashing. Then out of nowhere, the ground broke apart and Onix's head broke the surface, it was grinning in triumph. Brandon started to cheer on Onix who was coming out, but then, a light shone brightly underneathe Onix, everyone looked down in horror as Onix was blasted straight up into the ceiling of the tomb. He slammed into and stuck half way inside the ceiling, not even moving, Brandon clapped his hands together and started to pray.

Regirock came out of the hole and turned towards the team. The dots on its face started to glow once more, the team huddled in fear as there will be no escaping Regirock and just as the energy collected, Onix pryed out of the ceiling and crash landed right on Regirock, pinning him down. The hyper beam was shot straight down and the ground around the two started to crumble, "Onix Return!" Brandon shot the little faint red light from the ball out and it hit Onix, who was brought back into the pokeball in which it was sent out. With only seconds left, Brandon threw the Timer Ball at Regirock, who was captured inside. The ball shook as the ground started to disappear around it and finally, the ball stopped shaking, Alakazam quickly used Psychic to grab the ball and bring it to Brandon. As the ground in the center collapsed, the entire Tomb was shaking. They had to get out of there and fast.

One of the few hikers left looked up at the ceiling and screamed as a large boulder came crashing down, Alakazam used Reflect to protect the team. But the boulders kept coming, the barrier shattered and sent Alakazam, Brandon and Ted flying toward the opposite side. Brandon looked in horror as the boulders have crushed the native hikers. Ted kept slapping Alakazam's face to wake him up, but Alakazam was whiped out. Brandon pulled out one pokeball and sent out his Gardevoir, "Gardevoir, use Teleport, get us all out of here!" The next second, the entire tomb lit up a bright green and they screamed as a boulder was coming down to crush them. But the following second, they were outside, at their home town. Brandon paused a moment to gather all what happened, Gardevoir was standing next to him, to his left, Ted was bent down Alakazam still trying to wake him up. He looked up at his portrait of his mother, and blacked out.

The following events were very fast, they were brought to the hospital, once recovered, they were stuck in the media frenzy, had to answer questions about the lost people... It was like as if this has never even happened, which Brandon wished it had never occured.