453. You may not vote on this poll
  • DS

217 47.90%
  • Wii

236 52.10%
Page 3 of 584 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Club

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Phillips View Post
    What would happen if you sent a Mii to an old mobile phone, like those that came in the old Cocoa-cola offer a few years ago? (Text, voice, time. That's it.)

BRock PHillips.
    Sorry for not being clear, but the Mii shows up on messages you recieve from them, not ones you send them. (You can't send pictures or anything from the Wii to a non-Wii device, but you can recieve them from other people.) You CAN send pictures and such to other Wii users, and your Mii will be attached to all of these messages.

(I read the manual, purely out of boredom)

EDIT: I'm also pretty sure you can send Miis to hang out on other people's consoles, but nowhere else.
    Last edited by AerialAce!; 15th December 2006 at 6:45 PM.
    Owner of the Nintendo Club
    and the newly-remade Super Smash Bros. Brawl Club!
    Old members rejoin! New members welcome!

AerialAce! and Zink - Smash Brothers
    [AerialAce! was formerly known as Burninator]

Talking

Can I join? I'm getting a DS next year when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl come out in the U.S. And, I'll get a Wii when better games are out and the price gets lower.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, copy this in your signature.

I'm a hardcore christian first, and a pokemon trainer second

Pokemon Master J.FREAK

SoulSilver friend code: 3653-3029-0235
    Name: Passion

Platinum friend code: 0775-0192-0239

I don't use legendary ubers, I make my own ubers. HA!

if you believe that pokemon deserve to be cared for please join our club

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5...NARUTOclub.png

Yatta, everyone join in the apple dance just like Ryuk! lol

*Scratches head.*

Let me see if this is right:-

If you send a Wii-mail from the Wii after signing up to an e-mail (say fred at website dot co dot uk as a made up one for instance,) that said "Can't play tonight, cut my hand on a light fitting playing with my Wii." Would you recieve a normal e-mail but either with an attachment of the Mii, or the Mii as an "avatar" as Yahoo (and probably some other e-mail services aswell)?

Can you send a normal e-mail back to the Wii address (dave at miiaddress dot co dot uk, as a random one,) and if so, will it come out (on the Wii, however it comes out,) as just text saying something like "Get well soon Fred, Dave." , and would it come out on the Wii as a Mii-less message?

BRock Phillips.
    Elected co-leader of the Mythical Creatures thread by ~:Northern Lights:~. Found here-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=285992
    Visit my deviantart site please!
    http://centaurmarines.deviantart.com/
    I do requests/commisions on my site, so please let me know if you would like an image or two/three.
    PM me here or ask me at the site.

You have to register an e-mail address or cell phone (I don't know how) on the Wii to recieve messages from it, and any messages you recieve from that address will have a Mii attached (that you choose). Attached pictures and videos will stay attached, so long a they are a Wii-compatible format (.jpg and .mpeg IIRC)

Messages sent TO an e-mail address or cell phone, you cannot attach any images or Miis to them.

Messages sent from Wii to Wii can have your Mii and any pictures you feel like attaching (if they are Wii-compatible)

That's how it works, as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by AerialAce!; 15th December 2006 at 8:51 PM.

in your apinion(well really i saying this bescause my cusion says the his soon (very long) ds lite is better than the normal, just becasue it's lighter) what ds is better the normal or lite.
    credit to Espeon master your a master, go to him for trainer cards!
    this is what the grunts should be using.

If you think nintendo should make remakes of G/S/C then copy paste this into your sig (started by i am the chosen one).

I personally like the normal one, because the GBA games don't stick out of it. It's a matter of opinion. If you play GBA games more often thatn DS games (or just as often, like me) You'd probably like the standard DS. I do love the DS Lite's buttons (more like the SNES), and the brightness options, as well as the small size, but the GBA thing is more important than any of those to Mii.

thank you i'll show my cousion next time i see him, everyone eles post what you think.

If you think nintendo should make remakes of G/S/C then copy paste this into your sig (started by i am the chosen one).

I would say the lite, the screen is so much brighter which makes the games look so much better and it's just so much more stylish than the massive, ugly original DS. I would recommend the lite over the original DS just because of the quality of the screen but if you don't want to spend much money then get the original DS. They both play the same games so it doesnt really matter which one you get, I just prefer the lite.

Sure I will co owner

Quote Originally Posted by Burninator View Post
    Messages sent TO an e-mail address or cell phone, you cannot attach any images or Miis to them.

Actually if you have an SD card you CAN send PC's and cell phones pics but not Mii's because cell phones and PC's have no way to read what they are so that wont work. but you can send pics with an SD card. Nintendo has released a SD card you can buy made by Nintendo, its around $30.
    Credit to AerialAce for the Awesome Userbar! Credit to Skiyomi for the Amazing Banner! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ho-oh Master View Post
    Actually if you have an SD card you CAN send PC's and cell phones pics but not Mii's because cell phones and PC's have no way to read what they are so that wont work. but you can send pics with an SD card. Nintendo has released a SD card you can buy made by Nintendo, its around $30.
    Hmm. I got the 1 Gig version, but haven't hooked myself up to the Internet, so I guess I'll take your word for it!

I want the SD card but I can't use it for my desktop :/

I was wondering, why does the Wii have two USB ports?
    Credit to AerialAce for the Awesome Userbar! Credit to Skiyomi for the Amazing Banner! ^_^

Perhaps as a way to hook up to the 'net without a wireless network?

They did say that they're going to release an adapter for that pretty soon.

EDIT: My sister's mp3 player doubles as a SD card drive (and it's made by the same people that did the Nintendo SD card) so I've really got nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by AerialAce!; 16th December 2006 at 4:06 AM.

How big is an SD card compared to a DS cart please?

The idea of the SD photo card slot thing gave myself and a few friends an idea for a peripheral-the DS player!

Stick the DSP(DS player) into the SD port, or the DS cart into the DSP then into the SD port, (I don't know how the SD card-photo channel works,) activate the photo channel, then get the Wii-mote and Numchuck out.

The Wii-mote's main function is that of the DS stylus, the B button being pressed when you want to "touch the screen".
    THe screen is set up like "wide screen" movie, but turned 90 degrees, to the vertical, the viewable screen being divided in two to represent the two screens.
    If you want to go manually instead of "touch screen", then you can use the Wii-mote as a controller like you can on some of the Wii games, such as Need for Speed:Carbon.

Of course, this opens up the ideas for multi-player DS games using a single machine, which, I think, would be best handled like Metroid Prime 2Dark) Echoes on the GC, but with the two player screens split verticly instead of horizontaly.

What are your thoughts please?

Brock Phillips.

BTW, whoever wants to pitch this idea to Nintendo, can do so and I let them claim full credit for it.
    Elected co-leader of the Mythical Creatures thread by ~:Northern Lights:~. Found here-
    I do requests/commisions on my site, so please let me know if you would like an image or two/three.

question, can u play gamecube games on the wii

Yes you can, the Wii is fully backwards compatible.
    There is a flap at the top that you swing up to insert GC controllers (the wavebird works aswell), and there's a second one behind it that you can plug the GC memory cards into aswell.

A note to say that the "Wii have a problem" site has been updated, but a warning:-Now contains swearing, so young limbs had better check first.

Another Wii-site gift, a decals site.

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm?...tid=234&step=2

Also does controllers, DS/DSlites and other systems.

Brock Phillips.

thanks for answering, gess what great news (well, for me) my school report was so good that my mum and dad said i can have a wii. YAYAYYAYAYAY.
    Last edited by i am the chosen one; 16th December 2006 at 9:24 PM.

Well done, i am the chosen one.
    See, it is better to study at school/college/university/other, rewards aside.

Work well, be yourself, help those who need help, keep some of your childhood innocence.

I light of i am the chosen one's news, if you could have one Nintendo product as a Christmas present, what would it be, console/handheld and/or otherwise?

(If I'm not allowed to make topics, then I apologies and please ignore it.)

Myself, I'd go for the "Know your roots" nintendo T-shirt that I saw the character of Mickey wear in the Dr WHo episode "The Girl In The Fireplace."

Console/handheld-wise, it'd be a Wii, but only if I knew it could run with my tv-monitor. (It's an LG, FLATRON M1717A, monitorTV television, if that helps people in the know.)

BRock Phillips.

DS games are to big for the SD slot >.> I tried it.

Ah. O.k., right.
    *Thinks for a bit.*
    Right. New idea.

The DS player, (DSP) sticks out of the SD slot and you can put the DS cart into the DSP. Everything else works as before.

WOuld that work?

Semi-off topic, but does anyone know why the thing you plug into the USB port is called a DONGLE? I'm sure that whoever thought of it couldv'e come up with a better name.

BRock PHillips.

Dongle O.O

WTF? thats just scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Phillips View Post
    Semi-off topic, but does anyone know why the thing you plug into the USB port is called a DONGLE? I'm sure that whoever thought of it couldv'e come up with a better name.

BRock PHillips.
    I was also wondering that, they should have given it less of a strange name, my parents were a bit confused when I asked for a dongle last christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dotaitos~ View Post
    I was also wondering that, they should have given it less of a strange name, my parents were a bit confused when I asked for a dongle last christmas.
    That has got to be the funniest thing ever.

Hello Everyone sorry for me being away my I-Net connection is weak i'm at a friends ATM...so until i fix my I-net connection Ho-oh Master is in charge Please PM about new members joining and keep the rules in order, Once again i'm sorry for not being here but my I-net stuffed up...

Also welcome Pokemaster394...i'll add you to the list...

DS Phat VS DS Lite
    I Personally think both have their goods and bads...The DS Lite would be perfect if that GBA game didn't stick out, If you play only DS games the DSL would be better but if you enjoy GBA games and you traded in your ADVANCED i like the DS Phat...in the end their both great for the own difference's...

About SD cards i'm not going to pay $20-30 more just for a Nintendo oficial one i'd rather save money for basically the same product i'll buy one Nintendo one though..

The two USB ports are for flash memory & to upload pics and songs so they play on your Wii i know that in excite truck you can upload your music off your USB so it replace's the soundtrack which is a cool feature...

Aussiefan Off...

Welcome to the new members, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Of course, asking "Can I have a Wii please?" Sound, to those who don't know, like you need the ladies or gents.

DS-DS lite. I like them both, as I use them interchangably when one runs out of power.

Brock Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFan View Post
    The two USB ports are for flash memory & to upload pics and songs so they play on your Wii i know that in excite truck you can upload your music off your USB so it replace's the soundtrack which is a cool feature...

Aussiefan Off...
    No, this feature only works with the SD Cards. I've tried it.

Playing Excite Truck to School House Rock music is pretty hilarious.

Page 3 of 584 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast