Thread: Ultimate Tri-attack???

Default Ultimate Tri-attack???

err, I was wondering how powerful this Tri-attack would be...

Porygon-Z
    Adherence Glasses(special choice band)
    Trait: Adaptive (moves of it's type has increased power)
    Modest with maxed special attack and speed.

It gets a huge boost from Adherence glassed and adaptive with Porygon-Z's already massive special attack.

Would this be uber powerful???
    Future Pokemon White Team:

How can I put this... If would suck to be anything on the receiving end that is not a ghost, rock, or steel type.

In other words, yes.

Add on 252 Special Attack EV's and 31 Special Attack IV's and you got something mighty powerful right there.

It would also be fun to use with one scheme and wisdom glasses or leftovers in place of Adherence glasses...

PorygonZ does make great use of Tri-Attack...i think it's a definate move for any one who want to use this pokemon

Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

mmm, Porygon-Z will be one cheap *** pokemon...

what,cheap?!

Please check out my 4th & 5th gen trade thread posts.

That is a cool idea, and not really cheap, since if you DID have a ghost or rock type or something, he wouldn't be able to change attacks.
    Pokemon Y Shiny Captures
    Horde Battle: MM:
    Friend Safari:

According to the first decent Damage Calculator I could find on Google, it'd do between 98 and 116 damage to a Pokemon with 400 defence. I'll try to find a better one, but you get the idea, it's pretty damn powerful.
    EDIT: Psypoke's is the best one I can find, but it doesn't have any DP Items yet so I can't say what its power would be with them. :/
    With Choice Band, (Pretend it's the Glasses because its power still goes up) it has a massive 607.5 Base Sp.Atk. If it's facing a Max Sp.Defence Aerodactyl, the maximum amount of HP taken off is 224, which is great considering it's not very effective.
    Now let's take Max Sp.Def Aruseus. It can still do a hefty 167 Damage.
    It would take 6 shots to take out Max HP and Sp.Def Shuckle, though, for it only does 45 damage.
    Now for Ramuparudo. It can take it out in two shots at the least when it gets a Critical Hit, and three normally, but it'd probably be dead by then. Still, that's with Ramuparudo having Max Sp.Defence, and I don't think many people will do that. Also, you'd have to be a nub to use a Normal Attack on it.
    Yeah, so there's my calculations.
    Last edited by xgina; 12th December 2006 at 7:07 AM. Reason: Because I was bored.

You could still use the glasses if you got scheme BP'd to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Panda View Post
    The meaning of life is whatever we want it to be - us as humans have the responsibility to apply meaning to your life.

To the above poster:
    I assume you're talking to me. Damage Calculators aren't advanced enough to include the "stat upgrade" option. Surely if it didn't have the items, it wouldn't have a part where you can select if you've had any stat changes BPed to it.

if you have max sp atk and adherence glasses then porygonZ will have 608 sp atk. Add the 180 base power of tri attack with stab and adptive and yeah, it hurts. Most rocks and steels have low sp def anywy, so i think a ghost is the only real counter.

dang, if you bped a few sharpens or calm minds into it.... >_>

Try Hyper Beam instead. Its like boom!

Myuu3

Not really since it gains stab aswell Tri-Attack will do 270 damage, If it was a hyper beam then it will do 405 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by /Exiled/ View Post
    dang, if you bped a few sharpens or calm minds into it.... >_>
    Lol What do you mean calm minds how about some shcemes. (spelling)
    Skyward sword

Yes, schemes would be insane, and it's always nice to BP some speed to it. But calm minds would make it easier for it to survive whatever it is coming in to.
    The meaning of life is whatever we want it to be - us as humans have the responsibility to apply meaning to your life.

XD

I am TOTALLY going to abuse my Modest Porygon2 in D/P; evolve her first, get something to Baton Pass Scheme to her, give her the Special Choice Band, teach her Hyper Beam and then BOOM! everything dies.

I'll be passing *Schemes with...

Togekiss w/Leftovers
    'Serene Grace' : Doubles chance of special effect.
    <Timid :+Spd / -Att>
    EV's: HP 168 / Sat 156 / Spd 184
    * Air Slash
    * Pulse Bomb
    * Scheme
    * Baton Pass

I'll be pumping up ReSTalk Milotic with this guy but he's a good at *Scheme / *Baton Pass to anything.

But if we are passing *Schemes around then the sweeper should not use Adherence Glasses because it can get walled and the setup is wasted. If you want to pass *Scheme to Porygon Z he should be rocking a Life Orb and most likely <Bolt/Beam>. You could use *Shadow Ball if you had too though.

Porygon Z w/Life Orb
    'Download' : Ups Att/Sat depending on opponent's Def/Sdf.
    <Timid : +Spd / -Att>
    * Tri-Attack
    * Thunderbolt
    * Ice Beam
    * Hyper Beam

Pass it a *Scheme or two and sweep. When he nears the end *Hyper Beam.

Only use Adherence Glasses / <Modest> / 'Adaptive' if he is meant to be a 1 hit killer with *Hyper Beam. The only thing it will need the *Scheme for is Blissey. That is the only time to pass *Scheme to restricted Porygon Z. Blissey will flee at that sight though.
    Last edited by White Lotus; 20th March 2007 at 6:57 PM.

Porygon-Z is a beast. It can OHKO Blissey with a Adherence Glasses Hyper Beam, as well as Snorlax, and considering that these are both Special Walls, that's quite an accomplishment. I think this moveset works

Porygon-Z@ Adherence Glasses/ Life Orb
    Nature: Modest [SpAtk+, Atk-]
    Ability: Adaptive
    Dark Pulse/Thunderbolt
    Tri Attack/Ice Beam
    Hyper Beam
    Scheme

This seems to pretty much take the cake. Hyper Beam for the you know who, and Dark Pulse/Tri Attack/ seem to pretty much sweep anything that comes in. Scheme for the Blissey switch-in to increase the Special Attack

EDIT: I considered what White Lotus said, so only use AG if you only plan on taking out Blissey with Hyper Beam. Other than that, it's Life Orb
    Last edited by LocoUser16; 20th March 2007 at 7:01 PM.

LocoUser16 wrote:

Porygon-Z is a beast. It can OHKO Blissey with a Adherence Glasses Hyper Beam, as well as Snorlax, and considering that these are both Special Walls, that's quite an accomplishment. I think this moveset works
    That is false.

To 0HKO Blissey with *Hyper Beam it needs: 'Adaptive' + <Modest : +Sat / -Att> + Adherence Glasses + (1) *Scheme.

It may still get it with Life Orb but i'm not sure.

Yeah, I realized that WT. So then it can't use Scheme as a result, forcing it to 2-3HKO Blissey I think. Thats the flaw in the AG set, which is why I would go with Life Orb, since it has the same boost I believe

Life Orb: x1.3 - Damage to HP is 10%
    Adherence Glasses: x1.5 - Restricted to 1 move.

But not being restricted is a huge help.

Thanks for not taking it the wrong way LocoUser16. After i posted it i thought the whole False part might have been a little harsh.

I thought the same thing too like 3 weeks ago but once they updated the Psypoke Damage Calculator i went and popped the #'s in to make sure.

Blissey's HP is just freaking amazing.

Yeah, I just rethought about AG and thought it could be a disadvantage being stuck to one move. Does the effect wear off once the move is out of PP? Its okay, it wasn't too harsh, I just had to go back to the drawing board and see what was wrong with AG

No, you are just stuck with it. But you can always just switch out, so when it comes back in, you can use another attack. Adherence scarf actually looks pretty good on PZ though...